Skip to main content

http://www.timesdaily.com/asse...timedia/10MTW10.html

Just thought I'd say Thanks to the staff at the Times Daily for putting together this great series. I've really enjoyed reading, watching, and listening to all these wonderful performers. The Muscle Shoals Sound is still very much alive and well. It's refreshing to see a new generation of the Muscle Shoals Sound emerge.

I've had the privilege of growing up around several of these great musicians, four of which all attended Rogers in Green Hill. I think everyone in our community ought to take notice of the great music programs at Rogers. Mr. John McCombs, the band director, is one of the greatest motivators and music teachers I've ever met. Mrs. Sheila Quillen has worked for years with the choir, starting from scratch and has cultivated the voices of dozens of talented singers over the years. Hats off to the music teachers of the area for doing so much with such little funding and support. I think we can all agree that, particularly for us here in the Shoals, these programs are very worthwhile, and need our support for the sake of our local musical heritage and music in general.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I really enjoyed this series too and read each one. I was already fans of a few of them and I've heard a lot about The Secret Sisters and The Civil Wars (John Paul White). Now, after the links were included for select songs, I think I'll be heading over to iTunesSmilerand hopefully catching some of their shows.

doobie--the ones that I see sharing pictures are The Secret Sisters and Boom Box and they perform together so I would think they would share a picture/article. Are these the 2 that you are talking about?

Add Reply

Untitled Document
Link copied to your clipboard.