Skip to main content

10-year-old sings gospel song to overcome kidnapper in Atlanta

The unknown man used cash to lure little Willie Myrick close enough for him to grab and shove into his car March 31. The boy repeated the song 'Every Praise" during the hellish ride. The tune sent the suspect into a cursing fit and he stopped the car near East Point. 'He opened the door and threw me out,' Myrick said.

Willie Myrick cried during the performance by singer Hezekiah Walker and all his friends and family. The 10-year-old  was kidnapped March 31 by an unknown man and taken on a three-hour ride around Atlanta before being kicked out of the car for repeatedly singing Walker’s song ‘Every Praise.’

A young boy kidnapped from his Atlanta home sang a gospel song for nearly three hours until the suspect kicked him out of the car.

The man used cash to lure little Willie Myrick close enough for him to grab and shove into his car the night of March 31. The boy, now 10 years old, repeated the song "Every Praise" during the hellish ride.

The tune sent the suspect into a cursing fit and he stopped the car near East Point.

"He opened the door and threw me out," Myrick told a television station in Atlanta, WXIA-TV. "He told me not to tell anyone."

The suspect is described as a man in his mid- to late-20s with dreadlocks. He was driving a gray Honda Civic. A $10,000 reward is being offered for his arrest. Atlanta Police A $10,000 reward is being offered for the suspect's arrest.

Myrick did the opposite and told the world what happened.

The song Myrick chanted over and over again belongs to Hezekiah Walker, a Grammy-award winning gospel singer. When the artist learned of the alleged kidnapping, he hopped on a plane from New York City to Atlanta.

"I just want to hug him and tell him I love him," Walker told WXIA-TV.

The singer met with Myrick and his friends, family and whole congregation at Mt. Carmel Baptist Church in southwest Atlanta on the boy's 10th birthday. They all sang the life-saving song together as tears rolled down Myrick's cheeks

http://www.nydailynews.com/new...er-article-1.1761282

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Seriously vic, I looked for the story to read all the details. When he was taken, did they put out alerts, all that good stuff to see how the city reacted. I couldn't find any of that, just his story of playing in his yard with his little dog, then being grabbed after being lured close by the offer of money, driven around atlanta for three hours and singing the entire time. Then, after three hours being put out, told not to tell anybody, really, don't tell anybody, uh, the kid was grabbed and was gone three hours. Really odd that the kidnapper didn't have a plan after he grabbed him, odd he didn't just pull over and tie him up and gag him, odd that he didn't toss him sooner, just an odd story all the way round. Odd that after three hours the kid was put out only 6 miles from home. I read one comment from someone that said something like, "wow, this was in my own area and I had NO idea! This is the first I heard of it". 

I was searching and reading more reports about his abduction. I only found one about anything else but how he sang for three hours. His story, he was put out of the car in a neighborhood, and according to him had to knock on a couple of doors before anyone would let him in. If true, more stupidity on the part of a kidnapper. Go to a residential area to let him out and take a chance on being seen, followed or captured. I didn't see any interviews of the neighbors, no interview or naming of the person that called the police. Semi, no parents were mentioned, the story said willie's guardian was called.

Add Reply

Untitled Document
Link copied to your clipboard.