Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

This article states 250-1000 in the US die each year, mainly boys.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erotic_asphyxiation

Also point out to your sons the danger in choking their partner (no matter what she might ask for). They could be charged with murder if it goes wrong. I, too, knew a couple in Athens who lost their son in this manner, and they were completely in the dark that he had been doing this.

When David Carradine died I read some comments that he was "too old" to be doing it. The main thing is that no one who values his life should be doing it.
If you will notice in my post, I stated that no matter the reasons for the hanging, now is a good time to discuss this matter with teenagers. It's not a game anymore than huffing is.

If you prefer, the next time a war criminal is hanged in Iraq, parents could use this as a jump start to a conversation about auto-erotic asphyxiation.

Refusing to discuss such matters with children does not help any situation. It only leads to more heartache and deaths.
I understand you need to talk to kids about these things, BUT right now my 12 year old daughter is upset that she has lost a friend and people jumping to conclusions upsets me!

Nobody is refusing to talk to thier kids about this subject just trying to pass on information without throwing details out in the open.
quote:
Originally posted by Just Me:
People please quit assuming he was playing this stupid game! Nobody knows details yet! A family lost thier 12 year old son tonight. And my daughter and many others lost a really good friend.

Eastside only asked the question "Playing the "choking game"?"
No matter if this is what happened to the child or not, I don't see what it hurts to discuss this type of crazy game that some people/kids play. I don't think any of us mean any kind of dis-respect, I know I don't.
Okay I have just been with the family since it happened they are very close friends of mine.

It was not " The Chokeing Game" so drop that subject would you want to wake up and see that crap on a sight if one of your family members past. The young man was a very nice youngman and loved in this community. Dont try to varnish his name by this crap.
quote:
Originally posted by semiannualchick:
quote:
People please quit assuming he was playing this stupid game! Nobody knows details yet! A family lost thier 12 year old son tonight. And my daughter and many others lost a really good friend.

No matter if this is what happened to the child or not, I don't see what it hurts to discuss this type of crazy game that some people/kids play. I don't think any of us mean any kind of dis-respect, I know I don't.

Then Why dont you start your on Sight about it and not one about a twelve year old boys death.
poor taste buddy show some respect
quote:
Originally posted by trashmaster44:
quote:
Originally posted by semiannualchick:
quote:

Then Why dont you start your on Sight about it and not one about a twelve year old boys death.
poor taste buddy show some respect

Why is it dis-respect to discuss this horrible game that some people play?
BTW, I'm not a "buddy", unless you refer to females as buddy.
quote:
Okay I have just been with the family since it happened they are very close friends of mine.

It was not " The Chokeing Game" so drop that subject would you want to wake up and see that crap on a sight if one of your family members past. The young man was a very nice youngman and loved in this community. Dont try to varnish his name by this crap.

I believe you mean "tarnish," and no one is trying to do that. I'm sure any parent would rather their child died accidentally than intentionally. Anyone mentioning the number of accidental deaths caused from auto-erotic asphyxiations is only trying to prevent this happening to some other family.

That being said, if the death was intentional, I cannot imagine how the family is feeling at this point. I'm sure we all remember how hard adolescence was, and it apparently gets ten times harder with each passing decade.
I hate this for the family and friends, children of that age will sometimes especially have a hard time with death. They associate it with "old" people. However, it happened it is a tragedy, but to turn a blind eye to a problem that is affecting society is not the right way either. Adults and children play this so called choking game and it is dangerous and parent do need to speak with their kids about this, as well as the need to speak about underage drinking, drugs and unprotected sex. They can all lead to an early death and by choosing to ignore this death can happen.
The rear naked choke is not just a UFC thing. Cops use it. It is a self-defense technique.

When these kids play this game, it is for the high they get and they don't have to worry about doing drugs. It's just purposeful suffocation. They just cut off the blood flow to the brain and in return, they get the "light headed" feeling. Most of the time the kids do this to themselves and a lot of times alone. They use ropes, belts, and they also use their own hands. When they release the pressure, the blocked blood rushes into the brain which gives them the "high". Some even use hyperventilating. This game has nothing to do with UFC and those who spread crap like that are just ignorant and need to re-check their sources.
quote:
Originally posted by Eastside:
THIS HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS YOUNG MAN'S DEATH but just thought I'd pass this on...

The choking game is not a game. Many don't get where it came from. Parents let their kids watch UFC fighting on TV and the kids watch them "tap out" or "pass out" and they think "hey if they can do it so can we" but what they don't realize is there are safety measures in place. They think if they "tap out" that they are wimps but in reality "tapping out" could be the smartest thing to do other than not playing the game at all. Also, when a child tries this by themselves with a rope, a belt or tie of some sort -- they have no safety net. If someone isn't aware of the choking game, the might would even consider that a child had committed suicide and that leaves even worse questions in the family's mind of what they could have done to have prevent it. It is terrible for any parent to lose a child but then to ask what they could have done to prevent it or was it my fault or any of those questions just compounds the pain.

First of all, you are scum of the earth for trying to hijack this thread into a psa at some child's expense.

Second, you have no clue as to what you are talking about and have presented yourself as being absolutely ignorant.

Michael Hutchence and David Carradine are victims of the choking game. It has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE UFC. You are a fool and your internet license should be permanently revoked.

If the kids at your house play this 'UFC' style of choking game, I would let them have at it and just chalk it up to natural selection.
Yes, it is tragic when children feel this way. I hope each and every parent who reads this will take the time today to talk to their children about being able to come to them, no matter what. And remember, what may seem like a small problem that will pass to you may seem like an insurmountable problem to a child and should always be treated with genuine interest and sincerity.
Here's the obit:

Kirkland J. Stults
Photo
FLORENCE

Kirkland Joseph Stults, 12, died Monday, Feb. 8, 2010. Visitation will be 6-9 p.m. Thursday at Greenview Funeral Home, Florence. The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Salem Church of Christ, with burial in Railroad Cemetery. The body will be placed in the church one hour before the service. He was the son of Nikki and Terry Newcomb and the late Jason Stults.
quote:

I'M NOT SURE WHO YOU ARE OR IF YOU ARE A FRIEND OF THE FAMILY AT ALL. BUT KIRKLAND DID DO THIS "CHOKING GAME" AS HIS MOTHER TOLD ME. I'VE KNOWN KIRKLAND AND HIS FAMILY NIKI,TERRY,JORDAN,BRADY,& LANA SINCE KIRKLAND WAS 2 YRS. OLD. HE DID NOT COMMIT SUICIDE BECAUSE OF HIS BREAK UP WITH HIS GIRLFRIEND.
EVERYONE!.........GET THE STORIES STRAIT BEFORE YOU POST SOMETHING OR SHUT UP! THE NECOMBS ARE GREIVING ENOUGH!

Add Reply

Untitled Document
Link copied to your clipboard.