Skip to main content

That's right:
$1.64 for a gallon of gas
$200,000 is what my house is worth
7.8% unemployment

My fault that was a year ago today before our promise of change by Obamanation. While that pathetic Bush was still president. Our changes we were promised one year later are as follows:

$2.56 for a gallon of gas
$182,500 is what my house is worth
10.1% unemployment

I want to personally thank those that considers themselves smarter than the rest of us for these Obamanation changes!!!
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Pepper:
That's right:
$164. for a gallon of gas
7.8% unemployment

My fault that was a year ago today before our promise of change by Obamanation. While that pathetic Bush was still president. Our changes we were promised one year later are as follows:

10.1% unemployment

I want to personally thank those that considers themselves smarter than the rest of us for these Obamanation changes!!!

And just WHERE did Obama make any promises concerning the future price of gasoline or the future market value of your home? Answer: NOWHERE! If you disagree, then put up the goods! You just pulled that out of thin air. The promises of change made by Obama during the campaign never included these things.

You must be among the disordered crowd of simplistic know-nothings that really believes that the incoming Democratic president is immediately to be held responsible from the very first day of his term for every negative thing that befalls the country while he occupies the Oval Office. That, of course, would not apply to the regrettable George W. Bush, since those who supported that fumbleton were quick to point back to the Clinton administration as the source of much grief that occurred during GWB's tenure. In other words, these deluded true believers are comfortable having it both ways.

Wake up! Eight years of Bush incompetence and Cheney meddling left Obama with a big plate load of problems that will not go away overnight!
quote:
And just WHERE did Obama make any promises concerning the future price of gasoline or the future market value of your home? Answer: NOWHERE! If you disagree, then put up the goods! You just pulled that out of thin air. The promises of change made by Obama during the campaign never included these things.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. We need to call you waterboy.
quote:
You must be among the disordered crowd of simplistic know-nothings that really believes that the incoming Democratic president is immediately to be held responsible from the very first day of his term for every negative thing that befalls the country while he occupies the Oval Office

You must be one of the "better than you" that I was talking about, more intellegent than the rest of us. Thanks for proving my point. Too bad Obama didn't get as many votes as you did.
quote:
quote:
You must be among the disordered crowd of simplistic know-nothings that really believes that the incoming Democratic president is immediately to be held responsible from the very first day of his term for every negative thing that befalls the country while he occupies the Oval Office

You must be one of the "better than you" that I was talking about, more intellegent than the rest of us. Thanks for proving my point. Too bad Obama didn't get as many votes as you did.

YOur post made no reference to "better than you. Let me remind you what you actually said, since your memory seems not to be serving you very well. You said, "I want to personally thank those that considers themselves smarter than the rest of us for these Obamanation changes!!!"

Ironically, in that sentence you failed to achieve agreement between your subject and your verb ("those that considers themselves"). I can assure you that there are plenty of folks who have achieved 4th-grade or higher competence in English not to have made that bumpkinesque error or to have spelled "intelligent" incorrectly, as you have done here and elsewhere.

Now, having been woodshedded for your failing memory and your abuse of the Mother Tongue, you may consider yourself invited to post some kind of answer that actually goes to the substance of what I posted to you earlier, assuming you have the competence to do that. Tell us: When President Obama finished taking the oath of office, was George W. Bush instantaneously absolved from all the mischief he put into play in the 8 previous years of his presidency? An anxious forum awaits your answer!
quote:
Originally posted by Extra260:
quote:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. We need to call you waterboy.

We need to call you irrelevant raving goober!
quote:
quote:

Beternu only believes what altered net says.
quote:
That's right:
$1.64 for a gallon of gas
7.8% unemployment

10.1% unemployment

That "hopey changey" thing is not working out so well, is it?
quote:
Originally posted by JOY4567:
quote:
Originally posted by beternU:

We need to call you irrelevant raving goober!
Now at which church were you a Deacon and adult Sunday School teacher? The church of the "I'm better than everybody else?" Not really Christ's message was/is it?

I hope you can find happiness, peace, joy and contentment in your life.

When you try to upbraid me for what I post, why do you leave out the context in which I posted it? Here is how it came down:

From Extra 260: "Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. We need to call you waterboy.

beternU's reply: We need to call you irrelevant raving goober!

An irrelevant raving goober, it is well known, is often given to braying out, "Hahahahahahahahahahahahahah" when his state of advanced mental incompetence prevents him from making sane and responsible comments. It is at that point that someone--I or someone else--must shoulder the responsibility for identifying the brainlessness of the source! I take that responsibility seriously.

Serving my fellow forum members in that manner helps me to "find happiness, peace, joy and contentment" in my life!

This is just getting all too easy!
Last edited by beternU
quote:
Originally posted by Surreal Justice:
beternu seems to like the idea of losing everything he has worked for. Or maybe he is one of those govt. tit suckers that have lived on hard workers taxes.

For your information, I have been employed in the non-governmental sector for the last 17 years and my pay check has been issued by a non-government corporation. In my prior service in the federal government, I put in hundreds of hours that I never got paid for, since my position was not covered by the Fair Labor Standards Act and I just did what had to be done to get the job done, even when that meant I got paid for 40 hours when I worked 60 or 70. Yes, there are some lazy bureaucrats, but I was not one of those, and you would probably be very surprised to find out just how many truly dedicated people work in government jobs, giving far more than they take. But you would rather take the cheap and easy pot shots at "govt. tit suckers" as though that were the only kind of government employee there is, because it is easy and comforting for you to deal in stereotypes rather than accept the truth or even admit of alternate possibilities.
quote:
quote:
beternu seems to like the idea of losing everything he has worked for. Or maybe he is one of those govt. tit suckers that have lived on hard workers taxes.

For your information, I have been employed in the non-governmental sector for the last 17 years and my pay check has been issued by a non-government corporation. In my prior service in the federal government, I put in hundreds of hours that I never got paid for, since my position was not covered by the Fair Labor Standards Act and I just did what had to be done to get the job done, even when that meant I got paid for 40 hours when I worked 60 or 70. Yes, there are some lazy bureaucrats, but I was not one of those, and you would probably be very surprised to find out just how many truly dedicated people work in government jobs, giving far more than they take. But you would rather take the cheap and easy pot shots at "govt. tit suckers" as though that were the only kind of government employee there is, because it is easy and comforting for you to deal in stereotypes rather than accept the truth or even admit of alternate possibilities.

Who is referring to "govt. employees"?
quote:
Originally posted by ccrider:
What does being better than someone have to do with the original post. The fact is that Obama crucified Bush for spending and what has he done. The debt has doubled and unemployment rate has tripled. Those are the facts. Don't bring irrelevant preachings into the argument....
THe liberals use the "distract" defense over and over and over again.
quote:

An irrelevant raving goober, it is well known, is often given to braying out, "Hahahahahahahahahahahahahah" when his state of advanced mental incompetence prevents him from making sane and responsible comments. It is at that point that someone--I or someone else--must shoulder the responsibility for identifying the brainlessness of the source! I take that responsibility seriously.

Serving my fellow forum members in that manner helps me to "find happiness, peace, joy and contentment" in my life!

This is just getting all too easy!
FAIL.

Try again. Being a negative and critical person cannot help you find happiness, peace, joy and contentment. You can CLAIM it, but any reasonable soul knows that it is not the case.
quote:
quote:

You "Womb to Grave" advocates would not recognize reality if it was written inside your eyelids. Yours (and mine) President is a loser at his job. A good Politician he is, but Leader he is not. Needs to get off his ass and on the job. MHO
quote:
Originally posted by ccrider:
What does being better than someone have to do with the original post. The fact is that Obama crucified Bush for spending and what has he done. The debt has doubled and unemployment rate has tripled. Those are the facts. Don't bring irrelevant preachings into the argument....

But remember, Betternu stated that improving the fundamentals of the economy was not part of the promise by Obama. Wink
quote:
quote:

Good post. Believe it or SJ there are a lot of govt. workers who put in a lot more hours than they get paid for.
quote:
quote:
That's right:
$164. for a gallon of gas
7.8% unemployment

10.1% unemployment

You must be among the disordered crowd of simplistic know-nothings that really believes that the incoming Democratic president is immediately to be held responsible from the very first day of his term for every negative thing that befalls the country while he occupies the Oval Office. That, of course, would not apply to the regrettable George W. Bush, since those who supported that fumbleton were quick to point back to the Clinton administration as the source of much grief that occurred during GWB's tenure. In other words, these deluded true believers are comfortable having it both ways.

Wake up! Eight years of Bush incompetence and Cheney meddling left Obama with a big plate load of problems that will not go away overnight!

How about Obama's promise to televise the healthscare debate on C-Span for the entire country to see? How is he doing on that promise?
ferrellj asks:

[QUOTE]How about Obama's promise to televise the healthscare debate on C-Span for the entire country to see? How is he doing on that promise?[QUOTE]

Something like 100 hours of open, public health care legislative coverage already has been provided. In the final throes of this important legislation, the Democrats have decided correctly that the GOP (1) is in a total obstructionist, non-cooperative mode, and (2)will use any kind of public opportunity to throw stumblingblocks instead of being cooperative and collegial.

Managing the legislation at this critical time necessarily means doing all that is necessary to keep the dogs from further contaminating the manger.
quote:
Originally posted by smokey1:
quote:
quote:

Good post. Believe it or SJ there are a lot of govt. workers who put in a lot more hours than they get paid for.

There are a lot of non-government employees that do the same thing.
So what you are saying is that the Republicans and those they represent should have no say in the reformation that is planned by the Democrats? That President's Obama is excused from his lie to the American people so that the Democrats can move unabated thru the process of reformation? If GWB had done this you would have been spitting fire and brimstone. You my friend are a nutcase with a dictionary. Much like the other elitists who would claim to know what is "best for us", you are full of hot air. I say continue on with your fight Don Quixote!!! You are driving a larger wedge between the people and the government.
quote:
ferrellj asks:

[QUOTE]How about Obama's promise to televise the healthscare debate on C-Span for the entire country to see? How is he doing on that promise?[QUOTE]

Something like 100 hours of open, public health care legislative coverage already has been provided. In the final throes of this important legislation, the Democrats have decided correctly that the GOP (1) is in a total obstructionist, non-cooperative mode, and (2)will use any kind of public opportunity to throw stumblingblocks instead of being cooperative and collegial.

Managing the legislation at this critical time necessarily means doing all that is necessary to keep the dogs from further contaminating the manger.

Let me translate that for you. The GOP has decided to listen to the American public, for whom each and every politician works for, and vote against this disaster of a bill. The Democrats wanting no part of this shown to the public has decided to ignore the will of the people and ram this down our throats through secret back door meetings. The ones in the manger have already sh** in their bed.

Add Reply

Untitled Document
Link copied to your clipboard.