Skip to main content

I mean really see happen in the area. Not a cop-out like peace on earth, or win the lottery. What can each of us do in the next 12 months that will improve the Shoals area. It could be a small thing that may snowball into a big improvement. Or it could be someone deciding to be more involved in local government. Who knows what one's actions could start a new hope in the life blood of our area. Something to think about. I will be thinking also how or what I can do to make the Shoals a better place. Maddog, you have some great ideas, you too K.S. and Joy you have a way with words I wish I did. Brenten you may be away but you inspire one to think. Yo Bro,Heads up, you have my respect. Shoals Lover, you seem to have an ability to see things in a different light than I. That is what I enjoy seeing, different outlooks from different people. I'm glad I don't live in a country where one can not disagree and still agree.
Sorry for the long post.

The only time one really dies is when they refuse to accept new ideas,or change ideas, try to keep an open mind, and expand our minds.Together, we can, make a difference.
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Thanks for the shout out Max, the only thing I can do personally is keep on keeping on to be THE DOG, by that I mean I constantly watch and listen to what is going on at Florence City Hall and participate through the Shoals Enviromental Alliance. I resolve to try to be less jaded; yet know I can't ignore that gut feeling I get when I know politicians are lying, backroom deals are being made and lights are not properly being shined on issues. I hope to see the area's employment situation improve with REAL jobs paying decent salaries with benefits come to the area, I look forward to the completion of whatever is being constructed across Florence Blvd (which has it occured to anyone that when this project was first started it was touted as a "link" to the Florence/Lauderdale Industrial Park, the same park which is now sitting 75% empty and the last city council declared "full" and spent a fortune trying to build the Eddie Frost Fiasco?) SO MUCH FOR LESS JADED! The ol dog has been whipped too many times I guess! LOL. Seriously, I hope some REAL progress comes to the area and the local politicians are forced to listen to the citizens, like I think the past national election will force the incoming National politicians to start listening. Nobody in public life is indispensible. OH YEAH, Peace on earth, YADA YADA YADA LOL. THE DOG
Thank you, themax. I must give credit to the excellent teachers that blessed my life. I mean that.

I would LOVE to see Shoals area leaders think about & do what is best for all Shoals residents & not make decisions based on a "what's in it for me?" attitude. If they don't get this message loud and clear, stick a fork in us...

HOWEVER, they must keep in mind that you cannot please everyone. If you come to a feasible compromise, stop talking and move! Turning in circles won't put bread on anybody's table.

I'd like for people to see each other, really see, and accept one another regardless of race, religion, occupation, appearance, etc. Then we can work together, make some compromises & make the Shoals a better place for us and for the next generation.

New Industry with a pay scale high enough to make ends meet.

Entertainment District - How many college students vote? Get organized, guys, and speak up! Start a petition on campus & invite all students to accompany you to hand a copy to Shoals area leaders - all of them, one by one - in person.
I think the Veterans Park issue must be settled and be done with real public input and a real solution that works for The Shoals.
People should get behind the new development for Florence Parks and Rec facilities. This can be a real draw for tournaments and if you haven't noticed sports are HUGE for our young people.
I think UNA and Florence working together can be a good thing if politics are kept out of it (I may be dreaming here.)
For me personally, keep talking up things as positive as can be and be involved with our young people to stay morally grounded.
This is an easy one

Putting GOD back into our vocabulary probably would be the ULTIMATE in straightening out the wrongs in our country, and then asking God for peace, and trnaquility in this violent world of ours.
I'am not a religeous man, and I don't want push my thoughts of God on any one, but we all need him in our thoughts everyday to thank him for a country such as ours (even if it isn't perfect.)
Pray for our troops over seas for their safe return, also pray in your own way for the sick, and poor.
This is crucial to a free society like ours as a free nation to remember that this country was based on God in the beginning and must be guided like wise to survive. If buy some chance you read this and are offended (agnostic)too bad!!! the majority of our country believe in God so get used to it. or get the Hell out.
I believe in God also. Yes, we need Gods help when it comes to our cities and our country. I wish that the Shoals area would do something about the traffic problem's. Whenever I travel back home to see my family the traffic is just awful. I mean the inconsederate drivers especially Woodward Ave. It is twice as bad as Columbia TN.But, I love the Shoals (Tuscumbia).

Add Reply

Untitled Document
Link copied to your clipboard.