Skip to main content

I actually thought there might be a mistake but apparently with respect to the 2018 Recruiting Classes Alabama has the 23rd ranked class in the US with Ohio State #1 and Texas #2 and Tennessee, Florida, LSU, Georgia and Mississippi State all above Alabama which has been accustomed to #1 recruiting classes year after year and coming in #2 when they weren't #1.  

I thought something had to be wrong but apparently not so I'm wondering what's going on in Alabama that Alabama has the #23rd ranked class and Auburn has the #24th ranked class.   I realize it's early yet and a lot can change but I don't know that Alabama has ever come from as far behind in the recruiting wars.  Often though candidates are concerned about choosing Alabama because they fear with so many 5 & 4 star athletes as Alabama has  that they won't get to see any playing time so they look elsewhere.  So also is the old adage you can't always win and be number 1.  Then again with Nick Saban and Alabama they have become accustomed to being number 1 so coming from behind and overtaking the field isn't foreign to any of them.

It's going to be fun to see how the year plays out and how the rankings look come January 2018 when more accurate rankings will be known for until they actually sign their national letters of intent they only have verbal commitments and those can be changed based upon what the high school athlete decides is best for him.

Be as the Bereans ( Acts 17:11 )

Original Post

Add Reply

Untitled Document
Link copied to your clipboard.