Skip to main content

Today, the wife and I, had the pleasure of eating at the new 306 BBQ downtown.  I say we had the pleasure because the meal was great.    We were only able to try two of the meats today but I look forward to trying the Ribs and Turkey soon.

We chose the Pulled Pork and 1/4 Chicken and both were very good.  Their french fries were also very good but the Pulled Pork and the Baked Beans excelled.  In fact their Pulled Pork as well as the Baked Beans easily capture my choice for best BBQ Pork and Baked Beans in the Shoals area. 

I must say that this place is huge, for a Restaurant.  There is a rear entrance which is off the alley way just behind Regions Bank and while the entire restaurant/building is dine in the front is more self serve and have a seat whereas the rear of the building is more set down and be waited on.  Either way this place is worth the trip and worth a try.

The only negatives I can think of to recognize is of course the parking which is like every other downtown business and is first come first serve and metered parking during the day until 5PM, except on weekends.  The only other negative would be that their sweet tea wasn't as sweet as I particularly like it but then I do like mine sweet so maybe for most others it will be fine.  Their choice of tea is a good one because I could easily drink theirs pre-Sweetened or unsweetened.  I will also say, before I left, I had to try the banana pudding and like the pulled pork it was great. 

I'll definitely be putting 306 BBQ on my list of routine restaurants to make a part of my monthly routine and it adds one more reason to visit the downtown Florence area.  The only ones that are really not going to be liking 306 BBQ are the folks across the street at Flobama BBQ because this place is definitely going to be some stiff competition.

Be as the Bereans ( Acts 17:11 )

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Well, I've been back a couple of other times now trying the Ribs, Chicken Tenders, and the Turkey.  The turkey is not pulled or shredded but rather slices like you would find in the grocery store deli but smoked and served in slices.  The chicken tenders are cooked crisp if you like crisp tenders and they had a good taste to them but I still believe the pork is the best choice followed by the Ribs and the Chicken.  I'm still waiting to try the Ham.  I also believe their baked beans and banana pudding to be the best in the area or at lest the best I've tried.  

http://306bbq.com/florence/  is their website where you can also view their menus and prices.  306 BBQ Florence

I had chance to visit this place recently, as I have been waiting for the chance to do so especially since they have had good reviews.

I had the ribs plate with six. potato salad and black eyed peas  for sides. The ribs (St. Lewis cut)  scored a high number on appearance as they were quite large with lots of meat present. They were quite tasty and scored high as well on taste as they were not overwhelmed with sauce as I believe sauce should be served on the side. I am not complaining on the texture because I would much rather the meat come off the bone than to not, but according to kcbs rules they were a bit overcooked because when bitten into all the meat come off the bone at one time.

306 barbecue is definitely a winner as these are the best ribs I have had at any restaurant in this area. I have been waiting for a place of this  magnitude to come here for a long time and I hope they stay in the area forever. I will certainly be going back to try out more offerings.

gbrk posted:

Well, I've been back a couple of other times now trying the Ribs, Chicken Tenders, and the Turkey.  The turkey is not pulled or shredded but rather slices like you would find in the grocery store deli but smoked and served in slices.  The chicken tenders are cooked crisp if you like crisp tenders and they had a good taste to them but I still believe the pork is the best choice followed by the Ribs and the Chicken.  I'm still waiting to try the Ham.  I also believe their baked beans and banana pudding to be the best in the area or at lest the best I've tried.  

http://306bbq.com/florence/  is their website where you can also view their menus and prices.  306 BBQ Florence

_____

I respectfully disagree concerning the banana pudding.  MINE is actually the best in the area.  I cooked up about a gallon of it yesterday. None other could possibly be as good, (he said modestly).

Add Reply

Untitled Document
Link copied to your clipboard.