In my opinion, and it's not worth that much, whatever the Democrats did in the past for the Middle Class, everything was eliminated and offset with their passage of Democratic Healthcare Bill (aka Obamacare). That fiasco was entirely the Democrats making and doing and has created the situation we find ourselves in today. Cases where often only one Insurance company exist to provide insurance and at enormous rates with intolerable deductibles no one can stand.
Before the Democrats got involved I paid around $130 a month for family coverage which had a $400.00 family deductible after which Insurance paid 80% of most charges. AFTER Democrats implemented their disaster my family policy went up to $240.00 a moth for coverage but worse, the deductible, rose to an unbelievable $8,000.00 before insurance paid their 80%.
Lets assume my family had $10,000.00 in medical bills which has happened several times and actually more but for this example say $10,000.00 in bills. Many, a great many families, had far more than $10,000 in expenses so the cost to the family only increased that much more.
BEFORE DEMOCRATS messed with it
$400.00 out of my families pocket before insurance took over$9600.00 charged of which insurance paid 80% so we paid 20% of $9600 or $1920 out of our pocket so my PRE-Democrat medical cost was $1920 + $400 or a total of $2320.00 in medical expenses plus add to that my cost for the insurance was $130 a month or $1560 a year so total medical expenses for the pre-democratic healthcare was $3880.00 for the year
AFTER DEMOCRATS messed with it
$10,000 in charges ... $8,000.00 out of my families pocket before insurance covered anything. Insurance paid 80% toward the remaining $2000.00 expenses which meant I paid 20% of the $2000 remaining or $400.00. So total after Democrat medical cost for treatment was $8400.00. My cost for medical health insurance also was now $240 a month or $2880.00 a year. Total (Thanks to Democrats) family healthcare cost $ 11,280.00 or an INCREASE of $7,400.00 thanks ENTIRELY to Democrats.
Now from my particular point of view it seemed I, and my family, went from having health insurance to not being covered as our medical cost, direct out of our pocket cost, INCREASED $7,400.00 over what it was BEFORE the Democrats helped me out. One other thing I noticed after the Democrats got involved was that two of my personal Doctors left the medicine field and retired solely because of "Obamacare". I had ask them why they were retiring and that was the reason they gave.
Now you may be trying to say Democrats helped the little guy or the worker or family man but for my Family the Democrats COST ME a lot more than Republicans ever did. Those figures and cost I can prove and verify because it happened to me, my family, and it happened BECAUSE of Democrats getting involved with healthcare and insurance, not because of Republicans.
So tell me Crash ... just how am I better off because of what Democrats did? I guess if I wanted a sex change operation or abortion then it would now be a medical insurance covered event but I don't consider that doing ME or my family any favors. Democrats said Healthcare meddling was necessary because a few wasn't covered by insurance and they should have been but what the Democrats EFFECTIVLY did was to make it as if multitudes more (many more millions) essentially didn't have health insurance protection against medical cost that they would incur. The extremely high deductibles that these (more expensive) insurance policies now carried meant that essentially it was like a family NOT having insurance anymore.
You ask what Republicans have done for the middle class I'm asking how this Democratic invention and meddling helped out the middle class and families like mine? I await your reply!