Skip to main content

There is a magazine called North Alabama Seniors and they featured an article this month, actually she was on the front page of the mag, about a woman who has been in the nursing home since she was 26 years old and she has now been there 36 years. She is a huge UNA fan and there is a program called "Second Wind Dreams" which is similar to the children's "Make A Wish" foundation but for senior citizens. Her wish was to go to a UNA game and that is spelled out in the article as well as what a huge fan she is, especially of T.J. Porter. What I am wondering is if anyone has connections to any of the UNA football players especially T.J., and, if so, someone might could help to make her life even a bit better by some recognition from him or the team??? Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Thank you all for your replies and I'm sorry that I haven't written back sooner but I mainly have computer access later in the evening.

With that being said, Kimberly, I am actually a worker at the nursing home so that is why she is so special to me! I would love to take her to the West Alabama game but I'm not sure if we would be able to do that because she is truly not able to make long trips because of her condition. However, I know that she would absolutely love to meet T.J. Heck, she's tickled to death just to have gone to the game and been featured in the magazine. Trust me, she has no requests but I am simply having some requests on her behalf thus the post. She is still so hyped about getting to go to the game and I just wanted her happiness to be more enhanced if it was possible.

Honestly, for someone who has been in a nursing home since the age of 26 yet healthy prior to that, I just want to do my part to do anything that would brighten her day. Don't get me wrong, as I said, she was so happy to go to the game but I am trying to extend this joy that she is experiencing...and she is feeling like a star because this magazine put her on the cover! I would just love to see her face if even one of the players would visit her, etc.

Thank you all so much for any help/strings that you might could pull and Kimberly, I will email you.
Y'all have no idea. If you notice, she has headphones on because that is how she usually keeps up with the game while she's at the nursing home thus she had to wear them during the game so she could keep up with all aspects of the game! She's a remarkable person and I appreciate all of your input and help which I will be sure to share with her tomorrow. Or...maybe not...I might just let her be surprised by the outpouring of love by the members on here.

Thank you all!

Add Reply

Untitled Document
Link copied to your clipboard.