Skip to main content

(CNN) -- A heavily armed gunman killed at least 12 people and wounded 50 more during an early Friday morning screening of the new Batman movie at an Aurora, Colorado, theater, police Chief Dan Oates told reporter. 

Police arrested a man believed to be the shooter in a rear parking lot of the theater, Frank Fania, a police spokesman, told CNN. The suspect was not immediately identified, though Fania said he was believed to be in his early 20s.

------------------------

It's like the world is spiraling out of control...  How much worse will it get?

please pray. 

consider this warning Paul gave: "See then the kindness and the severity of God: severity toward those who have fallen, but God’s kindness to you, provided you continue in his kindness; otherwise you too will be cut off" (Rom. 11:22)

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Depending on who/what you listen to, read, hear, on the high end they say 9 out of 10 people believe in god. Bill says god has won the war. So just how is it that when something like this happens the statement comes up that "god has been shut out, god is not in enough homes" etc.? I have my own ideas about things like this and it doesn't involve a god, it involves people, humans, and how other humans treat them and how much society as a whole has allowed people to "get away with". A society that will tell you they believe in a god to the tune of 9 out of 10.

Originally Posted by vega:

Best the statement that HOD and I have agreed on is your answer. ‘God is not present in enough lives’ is the answer. I know you are like semi, you can’t wait for something bad to happen so you can blame it on God. Keep it up and God may visit you.

------

Rram, you are an idiot, pure and simple. You don't "know" squat about me, that much is clear. You are a nasty old troll, a miserable poc, and as far away from what a christian should be that anyone could get. You think you're clever, you aren't, you think you're smart, you certainly aren't, and you think you're somehow an influence in my life, which you certainly aren't, and you are a liar of the highest degree.  Only a deranged old dried up shell of a nasty human being like you would tell anyone, anyone, that they "can't wait" for bad things to happen. This is your god at work? Fine, you can keep him. 

Originally Posted by Bestworking:

Best the statement that HOD and I have agreed on is your answer. ‘God is not present in enough lives’ is the answer. I know you are like semi, you can’t wait for something bad to happen so you can blame it on God. Keep it up and God may visit you.

------

Rram, you are an idiot, pure and simple. You don't "know" squat about me, that much is clear. You are a nasty old troll, a miserable poc, and as far away from what a christian should be that anyone could get. You think you're clever, you aren't, you think you're smart, you certainly aren't, and you think you're somehow an influence in my life, which you certainly aren't, and you are a liar of the highest degree.  Only a deranged old dried up shell of a nasty human being like you would tell anyone, anyone, that they "can't wait" for bad things to happen. This is your god at work? Fine, you can keep him. 

Best, I know you like a book. You are ill all time at someone. I’ve never heard you say one thing positive about a Christian. There is a problem there dear. Just like this rant you just had. I can make you do anything I wish to demonstrate your instability. I control everyone of you nuts. LOL.  Deep , adop,  and you are easy.

Jump high now.

Rram, you have never "heard" me "say" anything. But if you weren't the idiot that you are you would have read many posts of mine where I said good things about christians, especially the christians I grew up with, still hold dear, and others I have met and become friends with in my "real" life.  You control no one. I doubt you can even control your bodily functions, and you certainly can't control your insanity. You make new IDs and post your stupid rambling remarks until that ID is banned. Some control.

Originally Posted by Bestworking:

Rram, you have never "heard" me "say" anything. But if you weren't the idiot that you are you would have read many posts of mine where I said good things about christians, especially the christians I grew up with, still hold dear, and others I have met and become friends with in my "real" life.  You control no one. I doubt you can even control your bodily functions, and you certainly can't control your insanity. You make new IDs and post your stupid rambling remarks until that ID is banned. Some control.

So...........all this hate is just put-on? You really care??

Originally Posted by House of David:

(CNN) -- A heavily armed gunman killed at least 12 people and wounded 50 more during an early Friday morning screening of the new Batman movie at an Aurora, Colorado, theater, police Chief Dan Oates told reporter. 

Police arrested a man believed to be the shooter in a rear parking lot of the theater, Frank Fania, a police spokesman, told CNN. The suspect was not immediately identified, though Fania said he was believed to be in his early 20s.

------------------------

It's like the world is spiraling out of control...  How much worse will it get?

please pray. 

HoD,

It's very tragic, that's for sure.  My thoughts and sympathies to the victims and their families.

Remember the Va Tech shootings of a few years ago?  That nut was known to be dangerously unstable by his mother, among others.  Instead of taking him to a doctor, she took him to a series of ministers for exorcisms.  Guess it didn't work.

I have no idea what motive this monster had, but apparently his mom knew, as well, that he was dangerous.  Don't parents love their kids enough to spare them this fate?

This isn't a matter of prayer.  Lots of people last night were praying and got shot.  It's a matter of mental health.  That's the question.  I don't know the answer, but prayer isn't it.

DF

God is not present in enough lives.

________

How do you know that this man's parents weren't Christians? How do you know that some of those people in that theater weren't Christians? If God didn't cause this, He certainly allowed it.

Is He not all powerful? Could He not have stopped it if he wanted to?

This reminds me of what people say when one has been praying for a healing for someone that's very sick. The healing they've been praying for doesn't work, the person dies anyway. Know what they say when questioned? It was God's will or that person received the ultimate healing. It's nothing but a cop out answer, & the one you will always get from a Christian.

You claim to be or try to talk like a Christian, but none of us see it. Why do you think that is?

The P O S that committed this horrible deed is a COWARD! He goes into a FAMILY-oriented area, wearing a bulletproof vest, armed to the teeth.....and shoots HELPLESS individuals....but GIVES UP when confronted by ARMED law enforcement officers. The guy's a p u s s y !

B.O. is going to milk this tragic event for all it's worth. He's already announced that he is cutting his Florida fundraising tour short.

Semi, 

There are people in critical condition right now they need prayer, everyone hurt, even the suspect and his family need prayer. 

A six yr old is dead - that little girl's family needs prayer......

______

I agree, & even though I don't think prayer does any good, there's nothing wrong with those that do believe, to pray. My heart is not completely cold, I hurt for those that lost a child because I've been there.

I only asked the question because you didn't say what you were praying for. We will only learn if we ask questions.

Originally Posted by dogsoldier0513:

The P O S that committed this horrible deed is a COWARD! He goes into a FAMILY-oriented area, wearing a bulletproof vest, armed to the teeth.....and shoots HELPLESS individuals....but GIVES UP when confronted by ARMED law enforcement officers. The guy's a p u s s y !

B.O. is going to milk this tragic event for all it's worth. He's already announced that he is cutting his Florida fundraising tour short.

________

Amen!!!   

(before vega or Bill get their panties in a wad, I can say that because it's a form of agreement)

Originally Posted by semiannualchick:

Semi, 

There are people in critical condition right now they need prayer, everyone hurt, even the suspect and his family need prayer. 

A six yr old is dead - that little girl's family needs prayer......

______

I agree, & even though I don't think prayer does any good, there's nothing wrong with those that do believe, to pray. My heart is not completely cold, I hurt for those that lost a child because I've been there.

I only asked the question because you didn't say what you were praying for. We will only learn if we ask questions.

Yes, it does hurt, and I know you're not cold hearted. 

There is no sense to be made out of the senseless like a shooting rampage. Suffice it to say there is evil in the world. Real, coldblooded evil. I think this goes beyond mental illness. I've seen a lot of mentally ill people over the years. Never saw one that I would dream do this.

Keep the victims and their families in your prayers. If you don't believe in prayer, empathize . I honestly believe there is not a person on this board who does not feel for the victims in his/her own way.

As I have stated in previous postings, we live in a very dangerous time. Regardless of what the FBI crime stats may say, there is an increase in violent crime in the US.

It never ceases to amaze me at the number or persons, who while out in a public venue, are unaware of the happenings around them. I’m not saying that we should be paranoid, but be alert of emergency shelter, cover/concealment; exits, etc.

The shooting is also a good example of why the majority of the time that you see me away from my home, I have a weapon within reach if not on my person. Events like this is also why more law enforcement agencies have started training in active shooter to where the first responders officers arriving on scene, seek to locate and engage the shooter immediately upon arriving on a scene.

Add Reply

Untitled Document
Link copied to your clipboard.