Originally posted by Renegade Nation:
quote:
Originally posted by JimiHendrix:
quote:
Originally posted by Renegade Nation:
quote:
Originally posted by TrueBlue:
...Why did South Carolina secede?...

...DECLARATION OF THE IMMEDIATE CAUSES WHICH INDUCE AND JUSTIFY THE SECESSION OF SOUTH CAROLINA FROM THE FEDERAL UNION...

We are going in circles now...this has been addressed many times in this thread alone...

No one is saying slavery wasn't a huge issue...I have not posted that slavery wasn't one of the huge reasons the original 7 seceded...

The reasons for secession ARE NOT the same as reasons for invasion...

There are a few in this thread that continually point out what we all know...Yes some southern politicians defended slavery.

But it seems none of them can, back up with facts, the statement: "Lincoln raised an army to invade the South soley to end slavery".

They can't back that statement up with facts because...well, it's not factual.

Thomas Jefferson called. He wants his face back. Your "knowledge"sic of American History is embarrassing him.

This is on YOUR Authority alone? You still are not addressing anything specific...If my knowledge is lacking, then point to something specific that says Lincoln invaded the south to end slavery...

Here's a hint...it can't be done.

Repeating something I posted earlier...even esteemed Lincoln "mythologist" Harry Jaffa had to admit in a debate that Lincoln DID NOT invade the south to end slavery.

You just "saying" I don't know history is a bit "embarrassing" for you...given the numerous and easily verifiable facts I have posted in this thread.

You really can't fix stupid.

Add Reply

Untitled Document
Link copied to your clipboard.