Skip to main content

first am I wrong that to tax someone else for your wants is theft? nation wide taxes are getting out of control. think about it 16%? really?

then for $9mil tennis courts? wow what did the conference center cost (is it paid off yet?) ?  how many people play tennis? What is the real return on it?  There has to be a lot more places that the money would be used (like maybe still in the taxpayers pockets).

This is crazy

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I would like to read an analysis justifying a 31 court complex.  I know UNA will use part of it, but for the area it appears a bit much.  Is there an expectation that sufficient use will be attracted from tourists or other use?  How many, if any, of the courts are indoors?  TD's article said the analysis only included areas with 3 or 4 times the population.

Just like the softball fields and the Robert Trent Jones golf course, those opposing the tennis courts are using one of three arguments: 1) I don't play tennis, 2) there is no need for tennis courts, 3) spend the money on something else.   In all cases these naysayers should just shut up and let it happen.  A first class tennis complex will get the same kind of traffic that the softball fields and golf courses get - a ton. 

Dothan's tennis complex has been quite successful, I believe. 

The next project, after the tennis courts, should be a first class aquatic center.

Oh, and I don't play tennis.

Last edited by CrustyMac

Add Reply

Untitled Document
Link copied to your clipboard.