Skip to main content

Paroles were denied Wednesday for a man accused of setting a fire that severely injured a Lauderdale County girl and another man convicted as a habitual offender for a number of robberies and thefts.

Lauderdale County District Attorney Chris Connolly said the Alabama Board of Pardons and Parole denied early parole for Jason Earl Pruitt, 38, and Anthony Keith Brown, 58, both of Florence, after hearings in Montgomery.

Pruitt pleaded guilty to first-degree arson and was sentenced to 25 years in 2006. Brown was sentenced to life as a habitual offender after a robbery conviction in 1999.

Hmmm  lemme think....25 years for arson, life for habitual offender.....oh ok I get it.  Justice IS blind. And deaf.  And dumb.  And Connolly has "short man syndrome".  Anything to make him look big.  At anyones expense.

I don't know either of the inmates, but I would be willing to bet the arsonist after this amount of time wouldn't do that again (what is terrible is the girl that was burned).

The habitual offender apparently has a habitual habit of drug use, (which had escalated to robbery to support his physical/mental cravings) could be treated with a positive result given first his honest "want" for such, and second good strong rehab and support.  "Life" sentence?  C'mon now.

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I don't know the DA. These two are felons. I may not have all the facts I'll admit, but from what I have read about the two, they are where they need to be. First a man (drug dealer) intentionally sets a fire that severely injures a 14 year old kid, and after just six years he thinks he should be out of prison? What says he wouldn't do it again? I'm sure that for the person he burned, once was enough. IMO, even if he does the 25 years that isn't enough.

The habitual offender? That doesn't mean someone with a drug "habit", It means someone that continuously commits crimes. I'm pretty sure the people he robbed or stole from aren't interested in why he did it, and his being a drug user certainly isn't an excuse. And, by his being labeled a habitual offender it's clear he wasn't showing any signs of being able to be "treated with a positive result". He wasn't interested in changing or getting help while he was victimizing people, I doubt he'd be interested in that now.

Again, I don't know connolly, not sure if he even had a part in the two men being denied parole. The ABOPP denied them. Too, the victims are allowed to speak against parole. Did that happen? 

What kind of syndrome do these two felons have?

Originally Posted by Bestworking:

I don't know the DA. These two are felons. I may not have all the facts I'll admit, but from what I have read about the two, they are where they need to be. First a man (drug dealer) intentionally sets a fire that severely injures a 14 year old kid, and after just six years he thinks he should be out of prison? What says he wouldn't do it again? I'm sure that for the person he burned, once was enough. IMO, even if he does the 25 years that isn't enough.

The habitual offender? That doesn't mean someone with a drug "habit", It means someone that continuously commits crimes. I'm pretty sure the people he robbed or stole from aren't interested in why he did it, and his being a drug user certainly isn't an excuse. And, by his being labeled a habitual offender it's clear he wasn't showing any signs of being able to be "treated with a positive result". He wasn't interested in changing or getting help while he was victimizing people, I doubt he'd be interested in that now.

Again, I don't know connolly, not sure if he even had a part in the two men being denied parole. The ABOPP denied them. Too, the victims are allowed to speak against parole. Did that happen? 

What kind of syndrome do these two felons have?

____

The arsonist might not commit arson again, since--if I recall correctly--the act of arson he committed was an act of vengefulness in which he was apparently unaware that the injured victim was present in the residence he set on fire.  That is a different thing from arson committed by a chronic, pathologically criminal arsonist.  Nevertheless, an innocent teen was badly burned as a consequence of his illegal and malicious actions and since he did indeed do the crime, he needs to do the time.and 7 years just does not seem adequate.

Add Reply

Untitled Document
Link copied to your clipboard.