Skip to main content

Originally Posted by Not Shallow Not Slim:

What does the WBC do that is against scripture?  Your book says to hate homosexuals.  Your book says that blind obedience is required for salvation?

Why is the WBC wrong?

DF

Not sure what book you're making reference to but I go by the Holy Bible and in it we are not told to hate gays or anyone else, there's this one little well known part in particular that tells us to love our neighbors as we love ourselves and it doesn't have an exception for gay neighbors.

Originally Posted by Bestworking:
Originally Posted by NashBama:

I read the list. From my experience, every item on the list is wrong. Nothing more than stereotypes.

Stereotypes? You're kidding right? 

No, not kidding at all.

The basic summarization of the list is that Christians are uneducated, live in fear, and hate anyone who are different themselves.

I have a college degree, I don't live in fear, and I have no hatred towards anyone or any group of people.

Like I said, from my experience every item on the list is wrong. They're just shallow stereotypes.

Kids! Accept Jesus Christ as Your Lord

and Savior and Get a Free PlayStation

3!

This brand new extended PlayStation 3 offer is for children and teenagers only! It may not be used in conjunction with any other Landover Baptist salvation offer.

Playstation 3 Special OfferHey kids! If your Mom and Dad can't get you a PlayStation 3 for Christmas, you can still get one FOR FREE! Have you ever heard of Jesus Christ? Well, He's heard of you! And He wants you to have all the cool toys your parents are too cheap to buy! In fact, the Lord Jesus is very upset with your parents that they won't give you all the latest stuff that every kid in America deserves! And Jesus has got your back, because He is your homeboy! If you've never heard of Jesus, He is an invisible cloud-dwelling deity (infinite lives!) who loves you very much and wants nothing more than to give you a free PlayStation 3!

We here at Landover Baptist Church work full-time as servants of Jesus Christ, and He's told us about you and your predicament. He's also given us special instructions on how He wants us to deliver a new PlayStation 3 to your house. It's as easy as 1-2-3! Understand, Jesus cares WAY more about you than your parents EVER will! They will never love you as much as Jesus loves you! Always remember that. If you hate your parents because they can't get you a PlayStation 3 for Christmas, He completely understands! He is totally down with that! In fact, lucky for you, in order to follow Him, you are actually required to hate your parents!

"If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother...he cannot be my disciple." - The Lord Jesus Christ (Luke 14:26)

Pretty cool, huh? So, if you hate your parents, you are already halfway to becoming a True Christian™! Congratulations!

Here is what you need to do to get your free Play Station 3:

1. Tell Jesus that you hate your parents, and that you'd rather have Him for your Daddy. Ask Him to forgive your sins, and cover you with His blood (you'll see plenty of that splattered across your TV when you play your complimentary Grand Theft Auto 3 game!).

2. Find one of your Mom or Dad's credit cards (a blank check is even better!)

3. Call our church office and we will provide you with simple instructions on how to use your parents' credit card to charge a love offering over the phone. Don't worry if you can't find a credit card. We can teach you how to use one of your daddy's checks to do an automatic draft withdrawal (which will get you free shipping and an extra game disk!)

Please note: If your parents ask you where you got your new PlayStation 3, just tell them that your Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, delivered it to you via the U.S. Postal Service in exchange for your soul.

http://www.landoverbaptist.net/PS3.htm

Kids! Accept Jesus Christ as Your Lord and Savior and Get a Free PlayStation 3!

This brand new extended PlayStation 3 offer is for children and teenagers only! It may not be used in conjunction with any other Landover Baptist salvation offer.

Pretty cool, huh? So, if you hate your parents, you are already halfway to becoming a True Christian™! Congratulations!

OMG! Is that for real?

Your book says to hate homosexuals.  Your book says that blind obedience is required for salvation?

DF

Originally Posted by BFred07:

Not sure what book you're making reference to

My guess is that he's referring to the Bible. But I've been known to be wrong a few times.

Gee contenduh, for someone that keeps telling us how smart they are you don't seem to be able to understand anything. 

___

This is just one more incidence of your pulling fiction out of thin air and posting it as though it were gospel truth.  You can not show that I keep telling anyone how smart I am, but you post that anyway, assuming others of your opprobrious ilk will agree. From the above dialogue, readers can clearly see your dodging and weaving and I will leave conclusions on the matter to them.

I have to conclude that it is YOU who have drawn certain conclusions about my intelligence and that it is YOU who are attempting to transform those conclusions into a finding that it is I who have touted my intelligence on this forum.  Such is the warped and convoluted thought process of disordered minds such as yours. Get counseling. 

Originally Posted by semiannualchick:

OMG! Is that for real?

======================================

yes semi it is intended to be real for you and the other atheists on here. Try ignorance on . it fits you and best like a glove.  especiall best. It matches her fairy suit.

That's your opinion. I don't know what kind of reply you wanted but I gave you the one that is true. They're a church whether or not you like it. Nothing weak about that, it's the truth. I don't ever see a lot of condemnation from other churches about what they do, and I think a whole lot of christians think, "ohhhhh, lol, look at them, well they are right you know, gawd does hate f***s. It's their own fault for choosing to be like that".

What you "think" about how Christians view the Westboro Church's action is not worth a wad of snail spit.  You are apparently doomed to "think" the worst, however unlikely it might be, in order to bolster confidence in your shaky, untenable position. If you are halfway awake and alert, you have to know that Westboro's actions have been widely condemned by many, mayn churches and many, many individual Christians.  To "think" otherwise is absurd--and truly pitiful..

What does the WBC do that is against scripture?  Your book says to hate homosexuals.  Your book says that blind obedience is required for salvation?

Why is the WBC wrong?

DF

___

FIRST--Let's refine some premises. YOU show me where the Bible teaches that I am to hate homosexuals.  And while you are at it, kindly define "blind obedience."

OMG! Is that for real?

___

No! "Landover Baptist" is a fictional church on a satirical web site.

Originally Posted by Contendah:

You can not show that I keep telling anyone how smart I am, 

I have to conclude that it is YOU who have drawn certain conclusions about my intelligence and that it is YOU who are attempting to transform those conclusions into a finding that it is I who have touted my intelligence on this forum

Hey, can I reply to this? You don’t come right out & say, “look at me, I’m intelligent”. But you do have a way of touting what you believe to be your own intelligence. It all comes across when you reprimand someone for misspelling a word or using a word in a sentence where it doesn’t belong.

You do it in a way to make the rest of us look dumb or to make yourself look smarter. I don’t think you realize how it makes you look, or maybe you do but don’t care as long as it makes you feel good about yourself. You did it quite often when you were here under your other ID.

Originally Posted by Contendah:

kindly define "blind obedience."

(((hand raised)))  I wanna give it a shot.

Blind Obedience is when you do something someone told you to do even though you can’t see what you’re doing. Do you understand now?

OMG! Is that for real?

Semi, apparently satire is greatly under appreciated in this area. I certainly don't agree with the premise, but I do defend the site's right to say what it wants to. Of course, that means that Christians may also say what they wish.

Hypocrites in the church? Sure. Where had you rather sit next to one? In a pew each Sunday or in hell?

Originally Posted by O No!:

DF, there is no place in the Bible that says blind obedience is required for salvation. Not one, because it isn't true and you KNOW that. So stop exaggerating if you want to be taken seriously.

O, what, precisely, IS required for "salvation"?  Is it nothing more or less than accepting Jesus as who he said he was?  Doing what he said you have to do?

Doing so is a matter of blind faith and obedience.

Wake up, brother.

DF

Originally Posted by FirenzeVeritas:

Semi, apparently satire is greatly under appreciated in this area. Of course, that means that Christians may also say what they wish.

Hypocrites in the church? Sure. Where had you rather sit next to one? In a pew each Sunday or in hell?

I don't think it's under appreciated. I got a good laugh out of it & you can bet your panties that I needed a good funny. Who has said that Christians can't say what they wish?

Where had I rather sit? Why don't you tell me? After all, you claim to know so much about me already.

You can also tell me if you believe everyone sitting on that pew is going to Heaven. If you do, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I want to sell you.

And by the way, that seems like an easy question, but just wait until you find out the church busybody has nothing better to do than tell malicious lies about YOU and then see how easy it is to answer. Perhaps changing congregations is the answer for many who worship with the town gossips.

Gosh, you know I'm just a stupid, redneck hillbilly. That question is to hard for me to grasp.

What exactly makes you think that I don't already know about the church busybody & the malicious lies?

BTW, I don't have to go to church to get that. I've already heard about the malicious gossip that goes on about me in another forum. Wouldn't know anything about that, would you?

Instead of changing congregations, why don't you tell the gossips they shouldn't be talking about the other people in church?

And by the way, that seems like an easy question, but just wait until you find out the church busybody has nothing better to do than tell malicious lies about YOU and then see how easy it is to answer. Perhaps changing congregations is the answer for many who worship with the town gossips.

Gosh, you know I'm just a stupid, redneck hillbilly. That question is to hard for me to grasp.

What exactly makes you think that I don't already know about the church busybody & the malicious lies?

BTW, I don't have to go to church to get that. I've already heard about the malicious gossip that goes on about me in another forum. Wouldn't know anything about that, would you?

Instead of changing congregations, why don't you tell the gossips they shouldn't be talking about the other people in church?

The church busy body? Maybe ya'll have met my great aunt Hortense? Anyway I got the feeling the question was rhetorical. How would we feel if it actually happened. Good point. Not sure what I'd do.

quote:   Originally Posted by Deep Not Shallow Not Slim:
What does the WBC do that is against scripture?  Your book says to hate homosexuals.  Your book says that blind obedience is required for salvation?   Why is the WBC wrong?  DF

Hi Deep,

If you will take a look at the new discussion titled "Is Salvation By 'Blind Faith' -- Or By 'Living Faith'?" -- I have responded to your erroneous statement.  Of course, you most likely will not -- for you really just want to throw out obtuse statements and then go back to sleep.  

But, what the hey?  It may be useful for others who really have an interest if avoiding the religion of Nothing.

God bless, have a wonderful, blessed day,

Bill

@buf:

And YOU need to reach behind ya and firmly grasp both ears and tug mightily to cure that recto-cranial inversion yer suffering from.   I know how it goes in churches around here.

@BeeG:

Whatever fills yer collection plate.  It's all about money, ain't a dang thing funny-Ya gotta have a con in this land o' milk and honey.

When ya got 'em by the hearts and minds-their wallets will follow.

Originally Posted by Road Puppy:

@buf:

And YOU need to reach behind ya and firmly grasp both ears and tug mightily to cure that recto-cranial inversion yer suffering from.   I know how it goes in churches around here.

@BeeG:

Whatever fills yer collection plate.  It's all about money, ain't a dang thing funny-Ya gotta have a con in this land o' milk and honey.

----------------------------------

A man called up a bible believing church and the church secretary answered the call. The man on the other end of the line said, "I’d like to speak to the head hog." The secretary replied, "That wasn’t a very nice thing to say about our beloved minister, Rev. Jones." Again the man replied, "I’d like to speak to the head hog, because I’m going to donate $75,000.00 to the church. She replied, "Hold on a moment, I think the big fat pig just walked in."

Originally Posted by Road Puppy:

@buf:

@BeeG:

----------------------------------

A man called up a bible believing church and the church secretary answered the call. The man on the other end of the line said, "I’d like to speak to the head hog." The secretary replied, "That wasn’t a very nice thing to say about our beloved minister, Rev. Jones." Again the man replied, "I’d like to speak to the head hog, because I’m going to donate $75,000.00 to the church. She replied, "Hold on a moment, I think the big fat pig just walked in."

==========================================

best, you better not be making this up.

==========================================

Originally Posted by lexum:

best, you better not be making this up.

(Chick raising right hand to be sworn in)

Judge lexum: chick, do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, & nothing but the truth, so help you God?

Chick: Well, your honor, I'll tell the truth but I'm not sure anyone can help me since I'm the only one here, besides Best,  that knows the truth.

Judge lexum: (banging gravel) Shut up, chick, & sit down before I throw you in the dinger for contempt of court!

Chick: Yes sir, your honor sir! (sits down quickly)

Judge lexum: Chick, do you know anything about this story Best, who is a nasty ole Atheist, told about the church secretary answering a call about a donation? And, just remember, Atheist don't know how to tell the truth.

Chick: Yes, sir, your honor sir! See, it's like this.

Best was telling the truth, she don't lie, your honor sir. She's one of the most honest people you'll ever meet. I was there, I heard that secretary say the big fat pig just walked in.

Judge lexum: Get outta here, chick, you're a sinner! You wouldn't know the truth if it walked up & bit you on the ass!

Originally Posted by O No!:
1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 18, & 19 is only a few of the reasons I walked away from Christianity. The lying, cheating, pretending, & many other things going on within the church wasn't for me. I wanted honestly, realness, & compassion for others.
If Heaven really does exist, then I figure I have more of a chance of going there than those playing church.
Semi, although I don't agree with anything on that list, I think I'm beginning to understand why you do. I think you didn't so much walk away from CHRISTIANITY as you walked away from certain CHRISTIANS.

Don't confuse the people with the product.  God is wonderful.  Some of his children are not.

And how would you know that?
The only evidence anybody has to go by is a book written by "certain christians" and "his children's" behavior.

That just don't cut it.

I think it's a case of "because I say it, it's so."  Children do that.  It's called 'magical thinking.'

Yeah, I know it.  Life is scary sometimes and the knowledge of eventual certain death can be terrifying. That's why most of us try to survive as long as we can-otherwise we'd be chuggin' Kool Aid and following the mother ship home as soon as we got the chance.  It's no wonder they cooked up a 'god' to blame everything on. Sounds all nice and fluffy, but it's highly unlikely.

Honestly, I'd like to be able to believe it-just 'cause it sounds so safe and pre-determined, but because I'm a critical thinker-I cannot believe it.  It just doesn't make any sense. Therefore I have no use for it.

Life is scary, one reason it is, religion and these rabid christians. Of course we'll die, but that shouldn't be scary. Maybe if you think you'll have a horrible painful death it could be scary, but their god sure doesn't spare his "children" those things. Nice and fluffy? LOL, "heaven" has always sounded creepy to me, and then when you think about who they say they'll let into heaven it sounds even creepier. Imagine sitting on a cloud with jeffery dahmer and he burps and says that last human burger he had isn't agreeing with him. Or karla faye tucker and she says she's feeling a bit ****** and would you happen to know where she could get a pickax! After all, it's their heaven too and they should get their desires fulfilled.

Originally Posted by lexum:

Pup the critical thinker, best the uninformed and semi the gambler.

Rest assured where you are in your critical thinking or your uninformed condition I have long ago been for a season and never gambled.

If you three could only live in my head a short time the scales would fall from your eyes.

------------------------------------------

Heh.  Dude....I don't reckon there's any room left in yer head what with all those extra personalities. 

@Best:

Those're just a couple if the reasons religion doesn't make any sense.

It's totally illogical.

Add Reply

Untitled Document
Link copied to your clipboard.