Skip to main content

What would make Florence a nicer place to live? I'll start with these:

1) Traffic light syncronization so that you can drive down Florence Blvd. and Cox Creek without having to stop at every one of them. Aaaarrghhh!

2) An overpass that totally covers Wood Avenue (from Cox Creek to Tennessee St.)

3) The west eyesore to Florence bulldozed and started over from scratch.

4) Something done about the intersection at Target - before someone gets killed!

5) Not having to listen to any more of Jay Kloss and his obnoxious commercials!

Happy 2007!!!

It's been 2000 years. He's not coming back. Get over it!

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by David L.:
What would make Florence a nicer place to live? I'll start with these:

1) Traffic light syncronization so that you can drive down Florence Blvd. and Cox Creek without having to stop at every one of them. Aaaarrghhh!

2) An overpass that totally covers Wood Avenue (from Cox Creek to Tennessee St.)

3) The west eyesore to Florence bulldozed and started over from scratch.

4) Something done about the intersection at Target - before someone gets killed!

5) Not having to listen to any more of Jay Kloss and his obnoxious commercials!

Happy 2007!!!

NOT that I agree with all you say here.... BUT.. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU!!
quote:
Originally posted by elijah495:
Everytime Killen gets $5000 in speeding tickets they put in a new red light [intersection] or whatever.. I've got two named after me up there now....For 2007, I wish for Killen two more red lights and I know where you can put them...

Get your facts straight before you go to griping. Killen doesn't own any of the traffic lights on US Hwy 72...and did not have any input in the placement of the ones that are there. Alabama Department of Transportation was the ones who put the traffic lights on US Hwy 72 in Killen...all of them....even the one at the 72/Lock Six Road intersection. BTW, if you've got two of them named after you, YOU have a problem. You're just an accident looking for a place to happen. 40,000 people a day travel through those red lights....about two or three a week get ticketed for running the red lights. So, statistically, your running them must be really obvious, or you're just not able to recognize a marked patrol car and stop like 39,999 other people did that day.

The Dept. of Transportation's initial plan was to have an overpass at the US Hwy 72/US Hwy 43 intersection, which would have kept us from having a traffic light there. Evidently that was too costly, so we got a poorly designed intersection, a pretty set of stripes on the road, and another light to contend with.

And in response to your next post....yes, many people who travel through the US Hwy 72/Harris Drive intersection said, "what are they thinking"? Of course, the same could be said of whomever developed the subdivision 50 years ago....what were they thinking bringing what turned out to be a main feeder road into a major highway below the crest of a hill?
quote:
Originally posted by elijah495:
Everytime Killen gets $5000 in speeding tickets they put in a new red light [intersection] or whatever.. I've got two named after me up there now....For 2007, I wish for Killen two more red lights and I know where you can put them...

I think the same is true with Muscle Shoals, traffic lights EVERYWHERE!!! And I KNOW they are bound to have gotten a sale on stop signs, there is one on every intersection!!! Most of them are 4-way's but one has to be very careful because once in a while you can run up on a 2-way thinking it is a 4-way. Muscle Shoals has their streets all messed up.

Add Reply

Untitled Document
Link copied to your clipboard.