Skip to main content

FAIRFAX, Va. — Three students at George Mason University have been arrested after alleged bomb-making materials were found in a dorm room, according to the daily incident report on the University’s website.

Two students under the age of 21, have been arrested on drug and alcohol-related charges. A third person was also charged with drug and alcohol-related offenses and possession of bomb-making materials. Police have not identified the suspects at this time.

George Mason Police released a statement that said:

“On Wednesday, March 16, George Mason University Police received a report of flames being shot out of a window in Jefferson Hall.

When police arrived, they found sufficient cause to request a search warrant for possible drug paraphernalia. On Thursday, March 17, police obtained a search warrant and found drug paraphernalia as well as items consistent with the production of a dangerous device.

Three students were arrested:  two on drug and alcohol related charges and one charged with possession of bomb making materials.

There is no threat to the campus community, and the investigation is ongoing.”

Search warrants said police discovered a leafy green substance, match books, shaved match heads, a mortar and pestle, lighter fluid, hand sanitizer, candles and a PVC pipe inside the dorm.

Officials reported the items could be combined to make explosives.

http://wtvr.com/2016/03/21/3-g...n-drug-bomb-charges/

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I was a terrorist and arms dealer at age 8.  In the World Book Encyclopedia a friend of mine and I found the recipe for making gun powder.  It only takes 3 ingredients that are readily obtainable.  We made the powder, packaged it and sold it to our friends.  Our process wasn't refined enough to cause an explosion, but it was a lot of fun to use against our plastic army men.  My friend's brother managed to burn a hole in his bedroom floor.  If we tried this today, the FBI would be raiding our houses.

Crusty, in science club in high school, we had a project to make a demostration rocket. The teacher used a piece of one inch pipe about 15 inches long with a threaded cap on each end. One cap had a hole drilled in it. He used 3 ingredients, I don't remember the ratio. It was supposed to fly about 30 feet and would demonstrate rocket principles. We set it up on a mound of dirt, lit it, we thought it went out and suddenly, it went off with a big bang. We never found a piece of it. There was a hole about a foot wide and 6 inches deep was all that was left.

Add Reply

Untitled Document
Link copied to your clipboard.