Skip to main content

Since Hwy. 43 in Littleville is undergoing road construction again, the speed limit has been lowered to 35.
Going thru that area a few times recently, I set my cruise at 35. (we all know how Littleville is about giving tickets, or used to) There were probably 40 cars going pass me doing at least 50, some much faster.
Where are the cops? If there's a speed limit that low, why aren't they out watching?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by semiannualchick:
Since Hwy. 43 in Littleville is undergoing road construction again, the speed limit has been lowered to 35.
Going thru that area a few times recently, I set my cruise at 35. (we all know how Littleville is about giving tickets, or used to) There were probably 40 cars going pass me doing at least 50, some much faster.
Where are the cops? If there's a speed limit that low, why aren't they out watching?

They are eating doughnuts with the Florence policemen who are never around enforcing the speed limit on Cox Creek Parkway at Mars Hill School. I drive there often and I would estimate that less than one-third of drivers observe the 25 mph speed limit during morning and afternoon school hours of arrival and departure.
BeternU, I have known you for years and this statement you made about Florence police eating donuts and never being around to enforce the limit around Mars Hill really ticks me off. You would think a christian man like yourself would try and control what he says. Sometimes you act so smart that you make yourself look like a fool. What in the world does Littleville have to do with Florence? (what you said was a stupid statement)Of course they aren't enforcing 25mph its summer time. I guess you aren't happy unless you are complaining. You know the next time we are face to face (which is often) I will be thinking of how you are such a negative man and just bear listening to you ramble.

Semi - Its Littleville Police, 3 officers, with only one working at a time. SO you do the math. I agree people should slow down and some ticketed but it is Littleville.
quote:

35 in 'Constructions zones. Most of the time not even that. Some nitwit tore the black plasive off the old sign. 55 has been posted when work crews are not there. However, there are the Marion county folks that get in the inside lanes and stay. Just drive the posted limit and you will be disgusted in the tailgating you receive from obeying the law. Hopefully they will not be as long as 157 took to be opened up.
quote:
Originally posted by FLO50:
BeternU, I have known you for years and this statement you made about Florence police eating donuts and never being around to enforce the limit around Mars Hill really ticks me off. You would think a christian man like yourself would try and control what he says. Sometimes you act so smart that you make yourself look like a fool. What in the world does Littleville have to do with Florence? (what you said was a stupid statement)Of course they aren't enforcing 25mph its summer time. I guess you aren't happy unless you are complaining. You know the next time we are face to face (which is often) I will be thinking of how you are such a negative man and just bear listening to you ramble.

Semi - Its Littleville Police, 3 officers, with only one working at a time. SO you do the math. I agree people should slow down and some ticketed but it is Littleville.

Did I say anything about summer time enforcement? I drive that route year-round, including periods when school is in session, and never have seen any police anywhere around. You assume too much. As to mentioning Littleville, it should be obvious to a prudent reader (i.e. one whose focus is not primarily directed to insult) that the only reason I brought that in is because it has to do with police allegedly not being where they need to be and they were the named police force.

I will retract my observations about police activity in the Mars Hill area if I ever see any of them there during school speed limit periods.

If you want to discuss this or other matters face to face (since you say you are often around me), then I am available and will be glad to further explain my actions. If you choose, alternately, to launch anonymous attacks at me such as the rambling and insulting post you just produced, well, then just go ahead and do that.
I've seen enforcement there in the school zone...You must not have been there at the right time to see them...Do you expect them to be there everyday? Aren't there other areas of enforcement. I think most traffic details are coordinated where accidents are occuring, there purpose is not to write tickets, its to prevent wrecks, so if there are not alot of wrecks in that area, that might be a reason they are not there. Just a thought.
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by pineywoodscat:
35 in 'Constructions zones. Most of the time not even that. Some nitwit tore the black plasive off the old sign. 55 has been posted when work crews are not there. However, there are the Marion county folks that get in the inside lanes and stay. Just drive the posted limit and you will be disgusted in the tailgating you receive from obeying the law.

I travel that road daily. Going North, right pass City Hall is a 45mph sign, immediately after that, a 35mph sign. The next speed limit sign is just pass Blue Road with 65mph.

I was thru there again today, AM & PM, the 55 mph sign had black plastic over it.
Same thing going South, with the 65 mph beginning right before the Bar-B-Q place.

Marion county folks??? Confused
quote:
Originally posted by FLO50:
You would think a christian man like yourself would try and control what he says.

I've been accused on here of being a Bully & thinking my opinion as the only one that matters. Not true but I honestly did not know that beternU considered himself a Christian. I'm not being mean, & it has nothing to do with this topic but it just took me by surprise.

I thought Littleville had more than 3 cops, not counting the one that's in Jail. I know someone that works there, I'll have to check & see.
I do know they did have 5 police cars & 2 that's unmarked. Wonder why they would need 7 cars with only 3 cops?

If you've ever been thru there at night, you will frequently see 2 Littleville police cars with 1 car pulled over.
quote:
Originally posted by beternU:
They are eating doughnuts with the Florence policemen

quote:
You're probably right. Wink

quote:
Originally posted by pineywoodscat:
I am not ever agreeing that Betnu is ever right. Just making a lot of money posting drivel
for the populus to muddle through.

I thought he was joking, so I played along. Frowner

beternU makes money by posting? Confused
Where do I sign up?
I think someone may have the names of the countys confused. Littleville is in Colbert county, below that is Franklin county and then Marion county. Marion county is not even close to Littleville. Very, very little of Marion county is four laned. Even the small amount that is four laned has so little traffic on it that it is not a problem.
You’ll have to overlook betternU’s “liberal” use of geography. He previously brought Missouri into a discussion about local problems in a Florence park and some unidentified foreign nations into The United States. So it’s not surprising he would bring Florence PD into a discussion about Littleville. Tell us again betternU what you do in your church.

For those interested in mathematics, take ever how many officers you think there are in the LPD and divide that number into 24/7/365 and let us know how many officers are likely to be on duty at any given time.

I’ve observed LEO’s back off on speed limit enforcement in construction areas when there aren’t any worker’s present and let the traffic resume normal limits without an official “say so.” Is that the case here?

Anyhow, I’m wondering what would be said if the Littleville PD were to aggressively enforce the speed limit. Any ideas? Who wants to go first? betternU?
Last edited by budsfarm
quote:
Originally posted by budsfarm:
You’ll have to overlook betternU’s “liberal” use of geography. He previously brought Missouri into a discussion about local problems in a Florence park and some unidentified foreign nations into The United States.

I have no idea what "unidentified foreign nations" you are referring to. However, your reference to my post that included information from Missouri is simply asinine and has no relationship to the subject matter of this string. The Missouri-related post involved information clearly pertinent to the discussion of wild hogs in the Florence Sportsplex. I posted a link or a reference to a Missouri site that has the very best available guidance on wild hog problems, and THAT information was entirely relevant to the discussion. Thus, you are simply silly to bring that in as somehow allegedly indicative of my inappropriate use of geography. Try to be a teeny bit relevant and sensible in future posts! You get F-minus on those criteria for the eructation quoted above.
Last edited by beternU
quote:
Originally posted by beternU:
quote:
Originally posted by budsfarm:
You’ll have to overlook betternU’s “liberal” use of geography. He previously brought Missouri into a discussion about local problems in a Florence park and some unidentified foreign nations into The United States.

I have no idea what "unidentified foreign nations" you are referring to. However, your reference to my post that included information from Missouri is simply asinine and has no relationship to the subject matter of this string. The Missouri-related post involved information clearly pertinent to the discussion of wild hogs in the Florence Sportsplex. I posted a link or a reference to a Missouri site that has the very best available guidance on wild hog problems, and THAT information was entirely relevant to the discussion. Thus, you are simply silly to bring that in as somehow allegedly indicative of my inappropriate use of geography. Try to be a teeny bit relevant and sensible in future posts! You get F-minus on those criteria for the eructation quoted above.

You will have to overlook budsfarm. Facts mean nothing to him. He will twist your words then get mad about it.
off topic, i can tell you there is plenty of state and local enforcement visible on hwy 43 north in the killen area hearding toward greenhill, i travel this construction area often and see the police sitting there all the time, speeder's beware Trooper Simpson is always there and he will write his grandma a ticket for doin 46 in a 45 zone. not complaining just stating that he's to the letter.

Add Reply

Untitled Document
Link copied to your clipboard.