Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT! I attend church with one person that I want to just rub the score in her face. So today while in choir as she stares at my back all she will see is 36-0! Then tonight as we are eating after church and I take off my jacket, my t-shirt WILL be on! This gal taught my 3 year old to say War Eagle and I am going to get her every way that I can! IN a christian sort of way! I will not be ugly!
quote:
Originally posted by fineazell1:
You guys had a great season. You will lose to a great team next week so there is no reason to hang your head.

7 - 3 over the last decade is a pretty good record for us Aubbies.

Somebody needs to inform the college football world we were supposed to be contenders in a couple of years and oops- here we are!
"Auburn’s only sniff of a score came on the last play of the first half. Trailing by 10-0, the Tigers appeared to kick a 39-yard field goal, but Saban had called a timeout before the snap. When Auburn’s Morgan Hull retried the kick, it was blocked by the 6-foot-5 Bobby Greenwood." Got this from the NYTs..... only sniff of a score..... I love it!! Great timeout call Saban.
quote:
Originally posted by The Raven:

Somebody needs to inform the college football world we were supposed to be contenders in a couple of years and oops- here we are!

The college football world knows that while Bama is playing good football this year, the SEC is down as a whole. Bama squeaked by Kentucky, LSU, and Ole Miss. So while Bama has vastly improved, they have certainly had a more than favorable schedule this year.

Bama doesn't have even one "quality" win this year. So don't be surprised when Florida waxes that azz next week. It's inevitable.

But since Auburn and Alabama have an undefeated season to compare, let's do so.
Here are the numbers

Clemson 7-5
Tulane 2-10
W. Kentucky 2-9
Arkansas 5-7
Georgia 9-3
Kentucky 6-6
Ole Miss 8-4
Tennessee 5-7
Arkansas St 6-5
LSU 7-5
Miss St 4-8
Auburn 5-7
Florida 10-1 (game not played or counted in records)

Regular Season Opponents' Records
Wins 66
Losses 76
------------------->66 - 76

Compare that to Auburn's undefeated season
LA Monroe 5-6
Miss St 3-8
LSU 9-2 (lost bowl game vs Iowa)
Citadel 3-7
Tennessee 9-3 (won bowl game vs Texas A&M)
LA Tech 6-6
Arkansas 5-6
Kentucky 2-9
Ole Miss 4-7
Georgia 9-2 (won bowl game vs Wisconsin)
Alabama 6-6
Tennessee (Sec Championship game)
Virginia Tech 10-2 (not counted in records)

Regular Season Opponents' Records
Wins 61
Losses 62

The only reason Bama is #1 in the BCS is because others have lost. Bama has played a weaker schedule (and has zero quality wins) than Auburn did in their undefeated season. So keep that in mind every time you brag about your success.
Sometimes the cards fall your way.
quote:
Originally posted by NYTrooper:
quote:
The only reason Bama is #1 in the BCS is because others have lost.

Imagine that! LMFAO!!! Roll Eyes

Woo hoo...inebdyhome?

To put it in terms the feable minded can understand.
Alabama is NOT the best team in the country, they have just had a weak schedule.
You'll all be brought back to reality next weekend.
Stomped and chomped LOL.
UF 4 NC!
quote:
quote:
quote:

Woo hoo...inebdyhome?

Alabama is NOT the best team in the country, they have just had a weak schedule.
Stomped and chomped LOL.
UF 4 NC!

oh well. at least OUR season isn't over... Razzer
quote:
Originally posted by monster:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Woo hoo...inebdyhome?

Stomped and chomped LOL.
UF 4 NC!

oh well. at least OUR season isn't over... Razzer

Auburn's season was over when Tubbs decided to "fix" his offense. I guess that is why he gets paid millions of dollars and I just get to watch, because he "knows" more than I do about the team.
Maybe it will all work out next year. Auburn will have EXTRA time to work it out LOL.
quote:
Auburn's season was over when Tubbs decided to "fix" his offense. I guess that is why he gets paid millions of dollars and I just get to watch, because he "knows" more than I do about the team.
Maybe it will all work out next year. Auburn will have EXTRA time to work it out LOL.

Auburns biggest problem right now is lack of a good quarterback.
quote:
Originally posted by OriginalBama:
Thats cool you are pulling for the Gators since your team is not going any where. Good luck!!

I'll pull for Bama in whatever bowl game they go to, but come Saturday, I'm pulling for the better SEC team.
I don't want the "number 1" team in the nation (and the SEC) to get rolled by some weak azz Big 12 school.
So, go gators.
quote:
quote:

Auburns biggest problem right now is lack of a good quarterback.

I agree, unfortunately the qb was recruited specifically to play the spread - which makes no sense in Auburn. But again, I don't get paid millions to know football so there is a good chance I (or most of us) don't know what the hell we are talking about.
quote:
Originally posted by DEENALYNNE:
They have NOT had a weak schedule. They are just GOOD! ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Statistics wasn't your best subject in school was it?
But hey, here is your chance, what was Bama's "quality" win this year.
Let the board know the defining game that really showed Bama is not just another overrated SEC team that plays a weak OOC schedule and by all accounts a weak Conf. schedule.
Here's your chance to really show your football knowledge.
Well...
quote:
quote:

Let the board know the defining game that really showed Bama is not just another overrated SEC team that plays a weak OOC schedule and by all accounts a weak Conf. schedule.
Well...

fineazell1-You’re absolutely right and I retract my statements which caused this string on 36 to zip!!!!. Alabama played a much weaker schedule- take Clemson for example, a preseason ACC leader and top 10 which Alabama beat rather straightforwardly on national tv- a fluke. Georgia another example, a preseason 1 in some polls, the Tide won somewhat thoroughly. Want more- Ole Miss, who you know beat the Gators in the Swamp and Aubbie another preseason top 10 contender, well you know this outcome.
Well buddy, this may be a weak schedule but this is not a bad résumé for a team starting 11 freshmen is it?
quote:
quote:
quote:

Well...

fineazell1-You’re absolutely right and I retract my statements which caused this string on 36 to zip!!!!. Alabama played a much weaker schedule- take Clemson for example, a preseason ACC leader and top 10 which Alabama beat rather straightforwardly on national tv- a fluke? Georgia win another example, a preseason 1 in some polls ,the Tide won somewhat thoroughly-accident? Want more- Ole Miss- who you know beat the Gators in the Swamp- beating the Rebs was of Gods good graces and Auburn-preseason top 10 contender- we all you know this 36-0 shellackin was by the skin of our teeth?
Well fine, this may be a weak schedule and a win is a win, but it sure beats the heck out of a 5 & 7 record.
Last edited by The Raven
I'm no bama fan. But some say Texas Tech had a weak schedule. Its perspective.

Its funny how I just saw two real idiot Alabama fans register, I guess just to see what was being said.

I say in the end its what kind of Christian you are that matters, not if you root for bama or Auburn.

I think I can truthfully say I've never been accused of cheating anyone or threatening to hit anyone at city council meetings, etc. Just a little more important than having a winning team.
The three biggest lies of college football in the past two years are...
1. Saban is not coming to Alabama

2. Tubbs was in Arkansas duck hunting.

3. Auburn is getting better and Codi Burns is a great quarterback.

Burns was recruited as "an athelete" if you look at the roster, he knows nothing about college level quaterbacking. Auburn was dominated on the field Satruday night, not since the early days of the Bear have they had such a whupping put on them. they are angry and of course they will root for Florida instead of Bama, cause that is what a sore loser would do. They can also talk smack about how weak the SEC is this year, but look at the teams who have done well, particularly Ole Miss, Florida, and Bama. They did not what it took to win a game, they did not shoot themselves in the foot or commit suicide on the field. That is difference in a well coached team and group of athletes.
Bama may get beat Satruday, but for the next five days they are still on the top of the heap, much more so than any other teams in the SEC, with exception of Florida. They deserve to be there whther the BArners think so or not.
Roll Tide...and here's to another great recruiting year....
quote:
fineazell1-You’re absolutely right and I retract my statements which caused this string on 36 to zip!!!!. Alabama played a much weaker schedule- take Clemson for example, a preseason ACC leader and top 10 which Alabama beat rather straightforwardly on national tv- a fluke. Georgia another example, a preseason 1 in some polls, the Tide won somewhat thoroughly. Want more- Ole Miss, who you know beat the Gators in the Swamp and Aubbie another preseason top 10 contender, well you know this outcome.
Well buddy, this may be a weak schedule but this is not a bad résumé for a team starting 11 freshmen is it?

Preseason rankings mean NOTHING. Prime example - AUBURN was a preseason top 10 - how horribly inaccurate was that?

Look at "where they are now" and the proof is in the pudding.

Add Reply

Untitled Document
Link copied to your clipboard.