Skip to main content

This surprised me. After 11-months on the job, 50 percent still approve of Obama, But, 44 percent want Bush back. After 4 years, Obama's popularity will be lower than Cheney's in San Francisco.

"Perhaps the greatest measure of Obama's declining support is that just 50% of voters now say they prefer having him as President to George W. Bush, with 44% saying they'd rather have his predecessor. Given the horrendous approval ratings Bush showed during his final term that's somewhat of a surprise and an indication that voters are increasingly placing the blame on Obama for the country's difficulties instead of giving him space because of the tough situation he inherited. The closeness in the Obama/Bush numbers also has implications for the 2010 elections. Using the Bush card may not be particularly effective for Democrats anymore, which is good news generally for Republicans and especially ones like Rob Portman who are running for office and have close ties to the former President."

More at:

http://publicpolicypolling.blo...cember-standing.html
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

How's this???

Updated December 08, 2009
Obama's 47 Percent Approval Lowest of Any President at This Point

By Bill Sammon

- FOXNews.com

Jimmy Carter, Gerald Ford and even Richard Nixon all had higher approval ratings 10-and-a-half months into their presidencies. Obama's immediate predecessor, President George W. Bush, had an approval rating of 86 percent, or 39 points higher than Obama at this stage. Bush's support came shortly after he launched the war in Afghanistan in response to the terror attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.

-- George W. Bush, 86 percent
-- Bill Clinton, 52 percent
-- George H.W. Bush, 71 percent
-- Ronald Reagan, 49 percent
-- Jimmy Carter, 57 percent
-- Gerald Ford, 52 percent
-- Richard Nixon, 59 percent
-- Lyndon Johnson, 74 percent
-- John Kennedy, 77 percent
-- Dwight Eisenhower, 69 percent
-- Harry Truman, 49 percent
Nothing effects the poll #s more than the economy. At the time of Reagan's 47%, the economy was still in the tank. By 84', the economy had rebounded which is just one reason Reagan won in a landslide. The main reason he won was his opponent. Who the heck liked Mondale?

With $700B in Obama's pocket, I'm sure we'll see an uptick in certain regional economies right around election time as he strategicly disperses those funds to his tronies in battleground states.
quote:
Originally posted by interventor12:
quote:
Originally posted by beternU:
44% of the populace is deluded and irrational, if not outright insane!!!

Typical view of left wing elitists. Everyone except they are insane.

Yes, that is the pathology of the truly insane, BTW!

Yep, "I'm not going the wrong way down the interstate, all these other folks are."
quote:
Originally posted by Lawrence Black:
Reagan had poll numbers like Obama at this point and he won in one of the biggest landslides ever in 84,The 2012 GOP crop looks very weak so far unless Haley Barbour throws his hat in

Haley is a bright guy, but he is just to-o-o-o-o
southern to be electable. If he has serious presidential ambitions, he will hire an expert speech coach to tame that drall, y'all!
quote:
Originally posted by interventor12:
Didn't hurt Carter or clinton.

Carter was up against Gerald Ford and Clinton was up against Bush (Read my lips) I. Barbour will face a much more canny crowd in the Republican primary, including smoothies like Romney and home folks like Huckaby, who is southern but who does not speak Bubbatalk. Disregard Palin. By 2012, she will have embarrassed herself out of contention.

Truly, Barber's persona, dominated by his strong regional accent and jowly appearance (looks like he should be saying, "Lemme see yo' license and reg'stration,now, y'heah") are millstones capable of thwarting his presidential hopes.
Last edited by beternU

Add Reply

Untitled Document
Link copied to your clipboard.