Skip to main content

Since February of 2009, the first full month of Obama’s presidency, 9.5 million Americans have dropped out of the labor force.  Nearly 90 million Americans are not working today!

That means that 1.3 Americans have dropped out of the labor force for every one job the administration claims to have created.

There are 15 million more Americans on food stamps today than when Obama assumed office.

At the end of January 2009, 32,204,859 Americans received aid from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program. As of April 2013, there were 47,548,694 Americans on food stamps.

That means that more than two Americans have been added to the food stamp rolls for every one job the administration says it has created.

There is no recovery.

There will be no recovery any time soon.

Despite the rhetoric out of Washington, the Fed and mainline financial pundits, this economy is on the brink of complete disaster.

It didn’t take a Nobel Prize winning Keynesian economist like Paul Krugmann to see this one coming. It only takes a working knowledge of basic arithmetic.

If your mortgage payment is $1500 monthly, and you just lost your job and are collecting $800 in unemployment insurance monthly, then it is impossible for you to make good on your loan. Even if the government helps to reduce your mortgage payment to $850 monthly and provides you with emergency funds to cover all of your other expenses like food, health insurance and utilities, you still can’t service your debt.

It’s that simple.

The situation for America is dire.

According to the June 2013 jobs report, less than half of able-bodied Americans have a full time job.

The following report further illustrates the problem(s) we face.

Two food stamp recipients have been added for every job ‘created’ under President Obama’s watch:

Unemployment is a ticking time bomb, and no mortgage modification is going to help if the home owner lost his or her income stream. Real estate will continue to collapse because of continued job destruction despite what we are being told about recovery. Couple this with rising costs for essential goods, a collapse in retail consumer lending and increased taxes, and I’d say hopes of recovery are just that… hopes.

For those who live in reality, it’s obvious that the American people are living in the Greatest Depression.

Via SHTFplan (October 21, 2009)

More of Death to America by way of liberalism:

http://www.shtfplan.com/headli...tgage-again_07242013

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

You may be on to something Qdog. While I have no idea if any of the quoted figures are correct, I do have a working knowledge of basic arithmetic. If 90 million people are not working, and 9.5 million were lost under Obama........let's see....OK,..... 80.5 million  were out of work before Obama took over right? So, a little over 10% of the folks out of work can blame obama......not sure who the other 90% can blame.

At least we can thank God we are here and not where we would have been under McCain who supported continuing in Iraq, Astan, and another war with Iran.

And there is no comparison as to where we would be had we elected the destroyer of corporations - Mitt.  Eleminating Medicare and Social Security so he could give more tax breaks to the rich.

I've put up the chart showing jobs loss or gain since 2004 so many times , no use to . We are gaining jobs at about 150,000 a month now, instead of loosing 80,000/month under Bush. If you think that is not progress and we are going in the right direction, then you are too damm dumb for me to even try with.

Something else, that you "forgot" to mention is that while the private sector is adding all those jobs, two additional things are happening at the same time. The population is adding about 120,000 new, young people to the roles looking for jobs each month, and at the same time , the Republicans in Congress, led by the teabagger bunch , has been cutting government jobs .

Now , John Boner got 98% or every thing he wanted when we got "his" sequester, and the affects of that have hurt jobs everywhere, and it is going to progressively get worse as his sequester zaps more and more jobs , many in private industry that depend upon government contracts .

I know you just overlooked those things, but Bush, and the Republican congress caused this mess, and as I have said before, before the affects of Bush's rein of ruin is over, many of us will be dead. He screwed up the world like no one else ever did .

Seeweed,

Few crows see as many strawmen as you’ve erected today.

"And there is no comparison as to where we would be had we elected the destroyer of corporations - Mitt.  Eleminating (sic) Medicare and Social Security so he could give more tax breaks to the rich.”

Where did Romney advocate the elimination of medicare and social security in his political platform?  Romney’s fund saved a number of companies. Some were beyond saving,  I’ll only comment on that as I’m not going to spend hours on old political wars.

“the Republicans in Congress, led by the teabagger bunch , has been cutting government jobs”

Proof please!

“Now , John Boner got 98% or every thing he wanted when we got "his" sequester, and the affects of that have hurt jobs everywhere, and it is going to progressively get worse as his sequester zaps more and more jobs , many in private industry that depend upon government contracts .”

The sequester was Obama’s idea from the start.   He assumed the Republicans would back off rather than accept it. 

The idea that sequester will hurt the economy, in general, reveals a lack of knowledge of economics.  Some areas of high government employment – communities with large military installations and the DC area may suffer, however, not the economy, as a whole.  To finance the amount that was sequestered ($85 billion) the government would have to borrow that amount from the private sector. Since the government did not borrow that amount, investors sought other opportunities – private and state/communities governments.  Removing a cubic centimeter of air from one side on a balloon and placing it on the other side of the balloon doesn’t  cause the balloon to shrink. 

Add Reply

Untitled Document
Link copied to your clipboard.