Skip to main content

Today
Mostly cloudy. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 70s. East winds around 10 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.
Tonight
Mostly cloudy with a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 60s. Southeast winds around 10 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.

Big Grin Atlanta Rhythm Section - So Into You Cool
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Good Morning! I hope it doesn't rain today and I hope the sun stays out... it is so pretty as I look out my office window... Much better than gray clouds and nasty weather! Smiler Storm... I sure hope your little one feels better soon. I hate when they are sick but I sure do love to stay home and cuddle with them.
I think I've figured out why the baby spiked a fever. He and the middle indian were playing Sunday night and he hit his mouth just above the front teeth causing his gums to bleed. He hasn't complained of his mouth hurting but he has said that his stomach hurts. I noticed an hour or so ago that the gums were white with a bluish/purpleish tent around them. I called our dentist but they were not able to get him in today. They did recommend another dentist to me that put him down for this afternoon. So, I'm thinking infection and hopefully they will be able to give him an antibiotic to clear it up. Please pray that's all it is. I know trauma to the mouth can cause teeth to die prematurely and I really don't want him to have to have oral surgery so young. He will be 3 next Monday.
quote:
Originally posted by storm warning:
I think I've figured out why the baby spiked a fever. He and the middle indian were playing Sunday night and he hit his mouth just above the front teeth causing his gums to bleed. He hasn't complained of his mouth hurting but he has said that his stomach hurts. I noticed an hour or so ago that the gums were white with a bluish/purpleish tent around them. I called our dentist but they were not able to get him in today. They did recommend another dentist to me that put him down for this afternoon. So, I'm thinking infection and hopefully they will be able to give him an antibiotic to clear it up. Please pray that's all it is. I know trauma to the mouth can cause teeth to die prematurely and I really don't want him to have to have oral surgery so young. He will be 3 next Monday.

Girl, I have been thinking about the baby indian all evening. Is he okay now? When my son was about his age or a little younger (just old enough to be in a "transition" bed), he fell on his bed rail and knocked his front tooth loose. He did loose the tooth but that was it - no biggie because it was a baby tooth. No other problems. I sure hope your baby is doing lots better. Please let us know when you can. Smiler
Okay, so we first went to the dentist where he promptly threw up on me when they tried to do an xray of his teeth. The doctor looked at his gums and said she thought they were likely infected and gave us a Rx and said come back in a week. She also said she thought something else was going on besides the gums and recommended we go see the ped. So, as I was driving out of the parking lot I called Dr. Freeman's office and they said come on over. They *****ed his little finger and said that his WBC was elevated. His ears were mostly clear but his throat is red so Dr. F said he felt like he was trying to get an infection so he got two shots (one in each leg) and said for us to come back in the morning to check his throat again. I hope they don't stick him again.

Add Reply

Untitled Document
Link copied to your clipboard.