Skip to main content

Eight people were killed and at least 44 others were shot across the city Friday night into early Monday, including a baby girl who suffered a graze wound to the neck when gunfire erupted at a Near West Side barbecue.

Those killed included a 28-year-old man found shot in the chest about 3 a.m. Monday in the 7500 block of South Halsted Street near a South Side church, according to Gresham District police. A passing motorist found the man, identified as Credale Woulard, of 7711 S. Ada St., according to the Cook County Medical Examiner's office. He was dressed in women's clothing and was found lying dead on the sidewalk.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/m...undup-062110.article

And the problem is outside the community?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by renecillo7:
You have to admit the guns in the wrong hands is an effective means of population control!

Since Illinois has some of the strictest gun control laws in the USA I would say that the laws are doing more harm than good. I wonder what the outcome might have been had the victims been allowed to be armed?
quote:
Originally posted by CageTheElephant:
So what is the problem?
Since Chicao law requires every person to go thru various checks and rules before they can own a firearm, I'm sure all of these shootings were carried out by responsible citizens with legitimate reasons..

What a stupid response! a child was shot ...IDIOT!
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CageTheElephant:
So what is the problem?
Since Chicao law requires every person to go thru various checks and rules before they can own a firearm, I'm sure all of these shootings were carried out by responsible citizens with legitimate reasons..

quote:
Originally posted by WH:
What a stupid response! a child was shot ...IDIOT!

So? YOU were once a BABY and look how YOU turned out...Oh, and by the way...KMA!
quote:
Originally posted by vplee123:
quote:
You have to admit the guns in the wrong hands is an effective means of population control!

What a horrid statement! You know their was a baby shot? Come on....
a violent outbreak isn't exactly natural selection.....

The baby was "grazed" not shot. I have been grazed and I have been shot...BIG difference. According to the TD, a total of 54 were shot, not 52 as tagged here.
quote:
Originally posted by renecillo7:
leo: I agree with your response to cage in reference to WH! The guys a bit abrasive and strikes me as the sort of guy that in grade school got his butt kicked every day and his lunch money stolen!

That is exactly what I thought. That would explain his antisocial behavior and his destain of authority. He probably sees himself as an under-achiever and tries to compensate by spouting out his garbage on this forum where he is safely anonymous. But he is not a total under-achiever. As a loudmouth and an idiot he has risen to the very top of the heap. I had kind of hoped for that spot but I see I am waaay out of my league. Big Grin

Add Reply

Untitled Document
Link copied to your clipboard.