Skip to main content

good morning. it's gonna be a cooler day. looks like rain! i, for one, am ready for it!

Tom Petty - Free Fallin'

Today
Showers likely and a slight chance of thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 80s. South winds around 10 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent.

Tonight
Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 70s. Light winds. Chance of rain 30 percent.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I was obsessed with the Twilight Books -- reading the whole series in less than a week.

The series I started a few weeks ago is the Dark Hunter Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon. They are all very similar with their stories, but I have fell in love with them. There are like 18 in the DarkHunter/DreamHunter/WereHunter series. They are a continuation of the previous book but I started with Acheron at the first of July. Since then I have read all but 3 and then she just released a new one this week.

The one I read last night was "Dark Side of the Moon" about Ravyn...my dad would consider them "trashy novels" but with the stress I've been under -- they have been a great escape for me.

I think if you like Twilight -- you would like the more "grown up" Dark Hunters...and to me, she is a better writer than Ms. Meyer, but that is just my personal opinion...

Here is a link to the site: http://www.yearofacheron.com/d...s/reading_order.html

Oh and I started with Acheron and then started at the beginning and have been reading them in order...I think that helped because Ash is a central character in them all and when you know his story -- the rest of it makes sense...
quote:
Originally posted by DixieChik:
I was obsessed with the Twilight Books -- reading the whole series in less than a week.

The series I started a few weeks ago is the Dark Hunter Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon. They are all very similar with their stories, but I have fell in love with them. There are like 18 in the DarkHunter/DreamHunter/WereHunter series. They are a continuation of the previous book but I started with Acheron at the first of July. Since then I have read all but 3 and then she just released a new one this week.

The one I read last night was "Dark Side of the Moon" about Ravyn...my dad would consider them "trashy novels" but with the stress I've been under -- they have been a great escape for me.

I think if you like Twilight -- you would like the more "grown up" Dark Hunters...and to me, she is a better writer than Ms. Meyer, but that is just my personal opinion...

Here is a link to the site: http://www.yearofacheron.com/d...s/reading_order.html

Oh and I started with Acheron and then started at the beginning and have been reading them in order...I think that helped because Ash is a central character in them all and when you know his story -- the rest of it makes sense...

Sounds very cool. I'll check them out when I finish the current series I'm in. Book 2 of 4 (the 4th to be released in October) of C.L.Wilson's Tairen Soul series. I've never really been into the fantasy genre but I enjoyed LOTR so this isn't so far out there.
quote:
Originally posted by Theodora:
quote:
Originally posted by Appalachian American:
Good Morning! The Rain will give me a chance to work on the lawnmower.

Do you do that type work for a living? The self-propelled part of mine has stopped self-propelling and I don't know who to call to fix it.
Not for a living but mine has required so much repair this summer it might become a option. Besides I like the way you talk! check your P.M.
Smiler

I haven't read the whole thread today yet. Sorry, but I did see the quoted reply of Dixie's... And that prompted me to ask, do any of ya'll have the copies of the twilight books that I can borrow? Getting to the library for me is tough, and I really would love to read them. Big Grin

If ya'll do let me know. I promise to take good care of the books. Big Grin hehe

With hubby gone, I find that at night, I don't sleep well. I've read all of the books I own over the years so many times, that I know them all by heart, by title. xD

hehe

Hope each of you have had an awesome day. Big Grin I have so far, some family visited earlier, and we had a ball, just visiting. Big Grin

~Amanda
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Theodora:
quote:
Good Morning! The Rain will give me a chance to work on the lawnmower.

Do you do that type work for a living? The self-propelled part of mine has stopped self-propelling and I don't know who to call to fix it.
Not for a living but mine has required so much repair this summer it might become a option. Besides I like the way you talk! check your P.M.

I've never been told that, thank you. It took me awhile to find the PM area, I've never been on a forum and all these buttons are new to me. I like the funny faces Smiler

Add Reply

Untitled Document
Link copied to your clipboard.