Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hello all -- I got an ugly email from a forum yesterday -- one I had been a member of before and after seeing the member list I thought I'd see what was new...I got accused of being friends with the "instigators" and was asked "why do you want to be part of our forum?" Um...duh...to participate in a forum, but that's ok...I later got an email stating that my account had been deleted -- probably due to inactivity it said -- but if you hadn't deleted me until I tried to sign in after months of not participating -- it was blatantly obvious I was not welcome...I was slightly offended because of the tone of the email and the judgment that was passed down simply because I continue to participate in this forum and refuse to be run off by the drama...posting with whomever is left...

So with that said -- apparently I can put fear in people that they won't even let me join a group -- let alone participate...Big Grin I had to laugh at the childishness of it all later last night...Very cliquish...Thinking back on the email address it came from though -- I think I know exactly who decided I wasn't worthy...and if my instincts are right -- it is probably for the best...

So anyway, hope everyone has a great day!!!! It's beautiful day outside!!!! Hugs and Kisses!!!! No need to be MELONcholy today!!!

Dixie, its unfortunate that some people are sooooo completely childish and/or intimidated by someone who speaks their mind with intelligent dialogue (as opposed to an ignorant redneck, the bad kind - not to be confused with a good 'ole boy) that their only defense is say you can't play in their park anymore. Roll Eyes

Hope you have a great day Smiler
quote:
Originally posted by unclegus:
Dixiechick, Are you not a black sheep?

I am what I was in college a Gosh Darn Independent...I play with who I want and I hang out with who I want and I don't have to pay anyone any fees...but I guess at this point I consider myself a Black Sheep considering the attitude I got from that email...Put it this wait -- I got an invite to the BS forum and have posted with a few of my friends there -- I am an equal opportunity friend Big Grin I guess some may not like that -- I don't take sides unless absolutely necessary and I try to always have someone's back in case they need it -- regardless of the situation -- we all need each other at times and I try to do what I can for others...does any of that make sense???
quote:
Originally posted by DixieChik:
quote:
Originally posted by unclegus:
Dixiechick, Are you not a black sheep?

I am what I was in college a Gosh Darn Independent...I play with who I want and I hang out with who I want and I don't have to pay anyone any fees...but I guess at this point I consider myself a Black Sheep considering the attitude I got from that email...Put it this wait -- I got an invite to the BS forum and have posted with a few of my friends there -- I am an equal opportunity friend Big Grin I guess some may not like that -- I don't take sides unless absolutely necessary and I try to always have someone's back in case they need it -- regardless of the situation -- we all need each other at times and I try to do what I can for others...does any of that make sense???

It makes perfect sense, Dixie. Posting on the BSF makes you a Black Sheep only if you choose to say so. Thanks to the recent round of crap slinging we had 10 current TDF members join the BSF just in the month of August. Do all 10 call themselves Black Sheep? Honestly, I don't know and it really doesn't matter. Its not a requirement for posting there.
I knew what you meant unclegus -- I'm sorry that came out kind of wrong -- I'm just stunned at the judgement from the emails. I even told him that if that was how they greeted all new members no wonder they have to be careful who they let in...it was just very surreal...

Yes, I do post on the BSF -- I also post on other boards that have nothing to do with the Shoals -- I've never had to answer questions to join...

I like the Sheeps and Peeps -- I consider myself a Peep easily...but I like the SHeeps that I know...:-)
quote:
Originally posted by DixieChik:
Hello all -- I got an ugly email from a forum yesterday -- one I had been a member of before and after seeing the member list I thought I'd see what was new...I got accused of being friends with the "instigators" and was asked "why do you want to be part of our forum?" Um...duh...to participate in a forum, but that's ok...I later got an email stating that my account had been deleted -- probably due to inactivity it said -- but if you hadn't deleted me until I tried to sign in after months of not participating -- it was blatantly obvious I was not welcome...I was slightly offended because of the tone of the email and the judgment that was passed down simply because I continue to participate in this forum and refuse to be run off by the drama...posting with whomever is left...

So with that said -- apparently I can put fear in people that they won't even let me join a group -- let alone participate...Big Grin I had to laugh at the childishness of it all later last night...Very cliquish...Thinking back on the email address it came from though -- I think I know exactly who decided I wasn't worthy...and if my instincts are right -- it is probably for the best...

Funny thing is that it happens on both sides.

Add Reply

Untitled Document
Link copied to your clipboard.