Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I agree with a penalty for 911 abuse!! However, we have a lot bigger problem with ambulance abuse. It doesn't matter whether Keller ambulance runs 8 ambulances or 80, they are always stuck answering BS calls which require posting another ambulance in either Colbert or Lauderdale. These EMT's take great pride in their job and I can imagine how they feel when they lose a patient. When you have to roll an ambulance to Colbert because someone is sore from a wreck or ankle sprain two days ago is BS. Then when they arrive, the patient refuses the service. A friend of mine recently lost his brother while waiting on an ambulance from Lauderdale. It certainly wasn't Keller's or the EMT's fault. The local ambulances were tied up on nonsense calls.
For all the Medical and Volunteers, keep up the Good Work. For the abusers and groupies, Shame on You!!!
Preach on RedWasp!!! People call for an ambulance thinking that they will get seen in the ER faster. Well I am here to tell you that if you don't have something life threatening they may very well take you off that ambulance stretcher at the ER and put you into triage and out in the waiting room as soon as you get there. Then you have an ambulance bill AND and ER wait!! Nothing is more satisfying as an EMT to see that happen when there is nothing emergent about the situation. I have had someone meet me at the end of the driveway with their suit case packed ready for the ambulance - reason for calling the ambulance, CONSTIPATED!! and then being around the ER there will be people that are knocking on deaths door that will come in by car so they dont have to bother anyone. An ambulance is for EMERGENCIES it's not an expensive taxi cab!!
quote:
Originally posted by SuperEMT:
Preach on RedWasp!!! People call for an ambulance thinking that they will get seen in the ER faster. Well I am here to tell you that if you don't have something life threatening they may very well take you off that ambulance stretcher at the ER and put you into triage and out in the waiting room as soon as you get there. Then you have an ambulance bill AND and ER wait!! Nothing is more satisfying as an EMT to see that happen when there is nothing emergent about the situation. I have had someone meet me at the end of the driveway with their suit case packed ready for the ambulance - reason for calling the ambulance, CONSTIPATED!! and then being around the ER there will be people that are knocking on deaths door that will come in by car so they dont have to bother anyone. An ambulance is for EMERGENCIES it's not an expensive taxi cab!!
........AMEN!!! Thank you for what you do when you are really needed!!!!

Add Reply

Untitled Document
Link copied to your clipboard.