Skip to main content

http://money.cnn.com/2013/09/1...ity-obama/index.html

President Obama has been loud and clear about his fight against income inequality, but he admitted that the rich have fared far better than the poor during his time in the White House.

In an interview that aired Sunday on ABC's "This Week with George Stephanopoulos," the show host cited a recent study from the University of California, Berkeley, that found 95% of income gains from 2009 to 2012 went to the top 1% of the earning population.

Clearly Obama hates the poor and middle class.

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

There are some other interesting items from that study. The top 10% of wage earners account for nearly 50% of wages paid in the US. It breaks down as follows:

Top 1%(incomes above $394k)= 23%

Top 5%(incomes $161k-$394k)= 17%

Top 10%(incomes $114k-$161K)= 12%

I thought it was interesting that the top 1% begins at $394k. That is a great living, but you're not chartering private jets and swimming in money like the people who try to vilify the "1%" would have you believe. If you are living in an expensive place such as NYC, San Fran, etc... then you most definitely are not as wealthy as some would think. The ultra elite rich would be in the top .1% if I had to guess, although I have no data to back that up. 

So, do you think that the portion of people who have the wealth also have jobs and do not rely on Government handouts? Or do you think that the lower percentage is waiting around for someone to hand them their "fair share" or payment for what they "are owed" due to their situation? I tend to think that those wearing coveralls to work or suits after they have earned their way up probably have most of the wealth. Come back and complain when you have worked as hard as I have to aquire my wealth and not expect it to be given to you from the work and toil of others.

Most of the extremely wealthy like Gates and the late Jobs do work for their wealth.  Inherited wealth tends to be in relatively safe investments which give a decent return, but not the billions of successful entrepreneurs. 

Unions are committing suicide, or simply disappearing as they fail to evolve to meet the new reality of self starting enterprise.  The old command and control industries that used unskilled and semi-skilled workers has gone the way of the dinosaur.  Evolve or perish -- unions!

Progressives despite their title are the most stick-in-the-mud, unable to change with the times bunch since T-Rex evolved into the main course at KFC.

Originally Posted by Bulldog63:

So, do you think that the portion of people who have the wealth also have jobs and do not rely on Government handouts? Or do you think that the lower percentage is waiting around for someone to hand them their "fair share" or payment for what they "are owed" due to their situation? I tend to think that those wearing coveralls to work or suits after they have earned their way up probably have most of the wealth. Come back and complain when you have worked as hard as I have to aquire my wealth and not expect it to be given to you from the work and toil of others.

ok, i'll say it... i've worked every bit as hard as you ever did to "acquire" my wealth.  not one liberal i know, expects anyone to "give them' anything. i'd LOVE to know where the conservatives locked on to that talking point. as a liberal, i'd LOVE for the government to stop taking money from my pocket to give to mufti-million dollar corporations. corporations that are reporting "record profits" for the last several years, while cutting employee's pay under the false flag of "saving the company".

Originally Posted by Crash.Override:

ok, i'll say it... i've worked every bit as hard as you ever did to "acquire" my wealth.  not one liberal i know, expects anyone to "give them' anything. i'd LOVE to know where the conservatives locked on to that talking point. as a liberal, i'd LOVE for the government to stop taking money from my pocket to give to mufti-million dollar corporations. corporations that are reporting "record profits" for the last several years, while cutting employee's pay under the false flag of "saving the company".

I almost spit out my coffee, your "wealth"?  PLEASE!!!  

Originally Posted by Crash.Override:

We agree on one thing, crash, and that is that companies should survive on their own merit without help from the govt. I don't care if its Goldman Sachs, AIG, or GM. However, what a company pays their people is up to them and should be no concern of the govt's.

Add Reply

Untitled Document
Link copied to your clipboard.