Omar has more twist than turns in her marriage relationships. It was confusing to read from different news sources of the events leading up to what she claimed to have fully explained her situation and has refused to talk about it any longer. But these reporters from different news sites are telling me, “There’s Something Rotten in Denmark”. Mostly from what I have read, I have been confused about her Marriage timelines they just don’t make sense. She's being Deceitful:
- Marriage 1st. Husband - Ahmed Nur Said Elmi 2009 - 2017; and has been reported to be her Brother !!!
- Marriage #2 - Ahmed Hirsi - Married in 2018, but is the father of her 16 year old child. ( Now I'm hearing she has 2 other siblings) = 3 - More confusion;
From many of the articles I’ve read, here’s a summary of her marriage timelines. Also, I would think that Shria Law forbids marriage between brother & sister. Maybe she is Moslem in appearance only. Her perspective of her marriage events points her finger at reporters as being Islamophobic in her viewpoint.
Clarification: Thank Goodness,
The Star Tribune, Minnesota’s largest newspaper, broke down Omar’s marriage history once its gained more Facts:
- Omar married Hirsi in a religious ceremony in 2002, but the couple never legally wed.
- She and Hirsi split in 2008, citing that the couple had met an “impasse in [their] life together.”
- The congresswoman legally married Elmi in 2009. The couple split in 2011, but did not legally divorce until 2017.
- In 2012, Omar reconnects with Hirsi and the couple have their third child.
- Omar legally married Hirsi in 2018.
** The Minnesota Campaign Finance Board found that Omar had filed joint-taxes with Hirsi in 2014-2015, though the two were not legally married.
* In 2016, a small Minnesota outlet, Alpha News, put together a report that alleged that Omar and Elmi were siblings and had only gotten married to game the immigration system.
The report struggled to gain mainstream traction in the state, as reporter David Steinberg explained.
The Alpha News report cited social media reports where Elmi and Omar appeared to be siblings, rather than spouses, including one post from 2012 congratulating Hirsi and Omar on the birth of their third child, who Elim referred to as his “nieces.”
Overall, Folks from Minnesota may be more proud of the “My Pillow Guy” than Ilan Omar. But I could be wrong...Minnesotans voted for her.