Originally Posted by direstraits:

I am for a step-by-step program, not a massive program that will generate problems of its own.  Legalize marijuana, even the newer stronger strains, and treat it like alcohol and cigarettes.  Allow those over 19 to buy the less strong and those over 21 the newer stronger weed.  Tax it and use the proceeds for anti-marijuana ads, like anti-smoking ads.  Selling to those from 18 to 20 should be treated as a misdemeanor for small amounts and a felony for larger amounts.  Selling to those 16 and under should be a serious felony for adults and supervised release for minors.

 

Use experience from that program to slowly decriminalize the rest and then legalize.

dire I'm not atall surprised at your stupidity.

Originally Posted by Quaildog:
Originally Posted by direstraits:

I am for a step-by-step program, not a massive program that will generate problems of its own.  Legalize marijuana, even the newer stronger strains, and treat it like alcohol and cigarettes.  Allow those over 19 to buy the less strong and those over 21 the newer stronger weed.  Tax it and use the proceeds for anti-marijuana ads, like anti-smoking ads.  Selling to those from 18 to 20 should be treated as a misdemeanor for small amounts and a felony for larger amounts.  Selling to those 16 and under should be a serious felony for adults and supervised release for minors.

 

Use experience from that program to slowly decriminalize the rest and then legalize.

dire I'm not atall surprised at your stupidity.

Quail I think most people are shocked at yours.

I recognize a failed program, like Prohibition. And, see no reason to spend more treasure, kill innocent people, ruin the lives of minor offenders, destroy the culture of Mexico, and decrease our own civil rights over a failed program. Cigarettes are more addictive than many drugs. Yet, with the proper program we've severely reduced the number of smokers, without outlawing nicotine.

 

As to QD, when he looks in the mirror, he sees the sad result of a failed life.

Originally Posted by Kenny Powers:
Originally Posted by seeweed:
Originally Posted by Kenny Powers:
Originally Posted by seeweed:
Originally Posted by Kenny Powers:
Originally Posted by seeweed:

I am beginning to think a police state is not as far fetched as you may think

 

It's not getting any better under Barack. He has given himself the pwer to be judge, jury, and executioner of American citizens, signed the NDAA, and increased gov't spying on american citizens. As someone who was against the Iraq war and against the majority of the Patriot Act Barack has been a huge dispappointment in the area of civil liberties. Just another example of how there is very little difference outside of lip service between repubs and dems.

=======

From looking at the armbands on these people, Obama had nothing to do with this. Most of the legislation stripping people of their Constitutional rights, and the formation of the police state is at the local or state level.,  Far as I know, no one has called out the National Guard to contain peaceful demonstrations , and kill peaceful demonstrators  since the Nixon era..

No he hasn't called out the national guard. All Barack has done is increase the NSAspying on American citizens, tapped the phone lines of the press, and used drones to kill American citizens. However, I am sure you are perfectly fine with that since he is a democrat. If a republican had done those things you would be all up in arms. i just can't fathom ho so,e of you n this board can be so loyal to a political party that you completely discard all individual thinking and blindly agree with everything they do. 

It WAS done by a Republican. The whole thing was started by W Bush. Didn't like it then, don't like it now.

Barack has expanded it even further. If he is the saint and savior that you claim him to be then why hasn't it been stopped? Barack spoke out against illegal wiretaps during his campaign yet they have been used even MORE on AmericaN citizens under his watch. Do not try to blame this on Bush or any repub. this is happening under your messiah Barrack and the buck stops with him now!

 

you are so brainwashed by your political party that you can't bring yourself to say anything negative about them. 

______________________

 

I am appalled at the NSA spying. I was when it started under the Patriot Act and when it was given even more power with the FISA in 2006. I don't excuse President Obama for his part in it either. However, to try and pretend that this is not a Republican driven issue is disingenuous. If Republican voters had stood with Democrats when it started we would not be where we are today. Also, can you please show me where President Obama has added any new legislature  to the spying programs? Before you look I will tell you he has not. What is on the books and what the NSA is using to legitimize their actions was enable under the Bush administration. Democrats in congress fought to stop it and were told that they were being weak on terrorism and that if we didn't pass the laws that enable NSA to spy on us we would be attacked by terrorist again. 

 

I hold President Obama responsible for not keeping his promise to work to stop the Patriot Act. Yet, I don't see any Republicans in congress doing anything either. The only ones that are still working to overturn it are Democratic congressmen. 

 

This was started by Republicans and is still being supported by Republicans. Congress makes the laws and they are ultimately responsible for them. The Bush administration pushed and got what they wanted from congress but our elected officials are 100% responsible and it is heavily supported by Republicans and not Democrats in congress. 

Bad cops started this forum, let me ask something.  Yesterday (7-20) while listening to a right wing talk radio show, a caller, I assume she was a lefty, the host was friendly to her, said, "in the 6 months prior to Zimmerman shooting Martin, he had called law enforcement many times.  Sometimes about an animal, but every time it was a person, it was a black person.  Now this is in a majority black community.  Has anyone else heard anything about this.  If it was right wing talk radio, it had to be so, don't it?

Do you have a link so anyone interested can read and understand what you're posting about? I do know there has been lie after lie posted about zimmerman, such as the lie that he's a racist, and "profiled" martin, which was proved to be a lie and has ended up with msnbc being sued over said lie. The lie about how he stalked martin, when it was martin that went back looking for zimmerman to "sucker punch the cracka". I know they keep calling martin a "kid" and posting the photo of him at 11 or 12 years of age. I know they've lied and called zimmerman white. They've lied about zimmerman being kicked out of college for being a threat to other students, yet failed to mention the truth that martin had been kicked out of school numerous times.

Originally Posted by jtdavis:

Bad cops started this forum, let me ask something.  Yesterday (7-20) while listening to a right wing talk radio show, a caller, I assume she was a lefty, the host was friendly to her, said, "in the 6 months prior to Zimmerman shooting Martin, he had called law enforcement many times.  Sometimes about an animal, but every time it was a person, it was a black person.  Now this is in a majority black community.  Has anyone else heard anything about this.  If it was right wing talk radio, it had to be so, don't it?

==============

I have heard on the news back when it was going on, that Zimmerman had in fact called police several times , always about a "black person" or "black suspect" . I don't remember it being stated that this was a black majority community, and don't know today if that is correct or not.

Zimmerman may be the boy that cried "wolf" too often- maybe the police kinda quit being too concerned about his calling in all the time, and quit responding in what Zimmerman considered a timely manner.

 

This article is a study showing Marijuana safe and effective as medicine for a lot of things. I believe (and maybe it's just me) that the Congressmen who are owned body and soul by big Pharma, (mostly R's but there are some D's as well) will never let what is a common herb become available legally , as it could actually help people, and not corporate interest.

 

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2...fective-as-medicine/

Originally Posted by Quaildog:

just curious cweed what are the symptoms internally  observed by someone smoking deweed?

==========

laughing at everything, and eating everything that is not tied down- especially salty stuff.

 --

edited to directly answer how it is internally observed :

Everything is funny, and your craving for salty snacks is overpowering.

Time seems to stand still , and the sense of touch is more pronounced, which means having sex is really outstanding !

Originally Posted by seeweed:
Originally Posted by Quaildog:

just curious cweed what are the symptoms internally  observed by someone smoking deweed?

==========

laughing at everything, and eating everything that is not tied down- especially salty stuff.

 --

edited to directly answer how it is internally observed :

Everything is funny, and your craving for salty snacks is overpowering.

Time seems to stand still , and the sense of touch is more pronounced, which means having sex is really outstanding !

Everything huh? To include walking into the path of a semi or the prospect of being productive in any way?

I had heard that but what is possibly funny about not wiping one's azz.

Originally Posted by seeweed:

Barney just keeps on stepping on people's rights. Do we really have any any more ?

http://www.nydailynews.com/new...de-article-1.1390230

How long are we, the American people , willing to put up with these abuses ?

 


Wow, same glove on both women and searched the backside before searching the front (for lack of better description.)  Two of these cases have come out recently in TX. 

 

I think, before I let a man stick his finger in my backside, there would be a whole lot of officers holding me down and arresting me for resisting an officer.  They want to do a cavity search, escort me to the ER and let a DR do it.  Women should not be treated any differently. 

 

All because the 'officer' smelled pot (supposedly) - yet they didn't find any.  And that officer (the male) was only suspended. 

 

I know lots of 'good' officers, but the stories about the 'bad seeds' are getting more and more attention.  You LEO folks are going to have to work harder to police your own and keep these issues from happening.  Sounds like there were multiple officers at this scene that could have spoken up and said this isn't right. 

 

Sadly, the public is loosing faith in you quickly.

I think, before I let a man stick his finger in my backside, there would be a whole lot of officers holding me down and arresting me for resisting an officer.  They want to do a cavity search, escort me to the ER and let a DR do it.  Women should not be treated any differently. 

 

========================

It was a female officer that searched them, and they don't have to take them to a hospital. Don't you ever watch "Jail"? As for me, ugh, you couldn't pay me enough to do a body search on any of them. Too, that dash cam catches a lot of things, and catching them shoving drugs "where the sun don't shine" happens all the time.

Originally Posted by wright35633:

http://www.wcvb.com/news/local...5iuu79z/-/index.html

 

For all the bad you drum up, there are many more shining examples. It's all in what you look for.


I agree, and unfortunately those shining examples don't usually get the press that the bad apples do. 

 

You have to admit, though, it seems we are hearing many more examples of these issues now than we did even 5 years ago.  Is it facebook / the internet that is bringing them to light more often or is there really an increase?  Why is it that, when we hear of something off the wall (like many of these posts), there is usually one or two officers directly involved and then a handful that were nearby with knowledge of the situation that didnt raise a red flag? 

 

We see one example of what I am looking for in the video from TN - the officer that notices the camera mentions that it wasn't really a good hit just before he notices the camera.  How do police forces come up with a way to bring those issues to light without labeling the reporting officer a snitch?  Is there a way to report these things for 'training' purposes without disciplining the officer, assuming that something is learned from the incident?  IMO, the best way to prevent these things would be for LEO's to self report and retrain, Im sure for every incident we see there are many that are unseen.

Originally Posted by Bestworking:

I think, before I let a man stick his finger in my backside, there would be a whole lot of officers holding me down and arresting me for resisting an officer.  They want to do a cavity search, escort me to the ER and let a DR do it.  Women should not be treated any differently. 

 

========================

It was a female officer that searched them, and they don't have to take them to a hospital. Don't you ever watch "Jail"? As for me, ugh, you couldn't pay me enough to do a body search on any of them. Too, that dash cam catches a lot of things, and catching them shoving drugs "where the sun don't shine" happens all the time.

Im a male, and I was referring to a male officer searching me.

 

I stand by my statement about being arrested before I let anyone do a cavity search on the side of the road.  I don't care how many people they have seen doing it - doesn't give them the right to assume I did.....

Im a male, and I was referring to a male officer searching me.

 

I stand by my statement about being arrested before I let anyone do a cavity search on the side of the road.  I don't care how many people they have seen doing it - doesn't give them the right to assume I did.....

 

==================

That's fine, plenty of them try that "you can't do that" line too.

Originally Posted by direstraits:

Remember, the main thesis of the post was over militarization of the police. Not, a few bad practices by the police. 

I thought the post was about police trashing constitutional rights.

 

I think part of the problem that is driving the over militarization of police are the bad practices.  An officer lets one cavity search or other questionable search go and it cascades into much more over time.  Was it initially a plan to militarize the police, or did it evolve into that over time?  If officers had a way to self report questionable actions, would similar actions be prevented further down the line? 

 

Look at the issue with the VA ABC officers.  They violated NUMEROUS internal policies, yet no one on scene found a problem with any of the violations, nor was there any discussion among them about the violations afterwards.  In fact, the officer in charge told the others involved that he supported their actions that night.  Did a culmination of bad habits and an environment of not following the rules lead to that incident, or was the overall goal of the department to be militarized?  By the info in their policies, the departments overall objective did not seem to support their actions, so is it that the department is militarized or is it that the officers themselves had developed bad habits?

 

Its probably a little of both......

Originally Posted by wright35633:

http://www.wcvb.com/news/local...5iuu79z/-/index.html

 

For all the bad you drum up, there are many more shining examples. It's all in what you look for.

========

I just think that due to the proliferation of cell phones with cameras, and the simple fact that virtually everyone has one. the problems are being brought out in the open more.

Hopefully, this will lead to a cleansing and the good law enforcement people can go back to doing good work, and this chaff can be sifted out to pick tomatoes or something.

I also tend to think a new mindset has set in amongst police. For example, back when I was growing up in the '60s. if you were caught out with your friends drinking, the cops would pour out all your liquor or beer, have you walk a line to determine who the soberest one was, and make them drive - tell us to go home and not go back out tonight, and if we were really more than a little drunk, would give a police escort back to a safe place. 

When was the last time you heard of that happening ?

Used to , if a cop found you smoking dope , you would be isssued a ticket with a $50 fine, and sent home - you would NOT be home if you were caught because the cops would NOT GO TO YOUR HOME AND LOOK FOR DRUGS. If you were dumb enough to leave you lid of weed in open view, they would take it - don't know what they did with it.

Now if you are caught drinking, or smoking dope, they make a major issue out of it, and  ruin the lives of the people involved.

So, yes, I do think police are trampling on our rights more now than in the past because it is too easy for the city or the police dept to make a lot of money in the process, and to hell with whoever's life they trash.


if

Originally Posted by wright35633:

http://www.wcvb.com/news/local...5iuu79z/-/index.html

 

For all the bad you drum up, there are many more shining examples. It's all in what you look for.

=====================

They're not interested in that. They want to demonize every police officer everywhere. You also never see posts or reports about police officers shot dead because they stopped someone for a minor violation, and did no more than walk up to the window of the car. This very thread was started to make us think that "storm troopers" arrested "peaceful" protesters, when in fact all they did was stand at the top of the courthouse to block the crowd from entering, and were there in case things got very ugly. EXACTLY what they should have done, because to many times "peaceful" protesters or rowdy sports crowds have no problem rioting, attacking the police and bystanders, destroying public and other's property, fighting and injuring others, and burning cars and businesses, yet it's the cops we're supposed to get upset about.

Originally Posted by Bestworking:
 This very thread was started to make us think that "storm troopers" arrested "peaceful" protesters, when in fact all they did was stand at the top of the courthouse to block the crowd from entering, and were there in case things got very ugly.

This very thread was created to share the video of the TN state trooper that trampled on a mans constitutional rights during a supposed DUI roadblock - even though he was never asked if he had been drinking.

 

Where it has gone from there has been the natural progression discussing situations that have occurred recently that were in line with the subject at hand.

 

If you wish to start a thread about "police officers shot dead because they stopped someone for a minor violation, and did no more than walk up to the window of the car" then feel free.  The button is labeled 'Post New Topic' and is found at the top right hand corner of the screen......

Originally Posted by seeweed:

For those of us who have the feeling we are loosing our freedoms, here is a video of a bunch of God complexed Barneys routinely trashing the Constitutional rights of a young man up in Tennessee.

 

http://benswann.com/he-has-no-...nstitutional-rights/

 

Makes you wonder how much longer before we become a police state.


For those that are unwilling to scroll to the beginning of the thread, this was the initial post.....

Originally Posted by seeweed:
Originally Posted by wright35633:

http://www.wcvb.com/news/local...5iuu79z/-/index.html

 

For all the bad you drum up, there are many more shining examples. It's all in what you look for.

========

I just think that due to the proliferation of cell phones with cameras, and the simple fact that virtually everyone has one. the problems are being brought out in the open more.

Hopefully, this will lead to a cleansing and the good law enforcement people can go back to doing good work, and this chaff can be sifted out to pick tomatoes or something.

I also tend to think a new mindset has set in amongst police. For example, back when I was growing up in the '60s. if you were caught out with your friends drinking, the cops would pour out all your liquor or beer, have you walk a line to determine who the soberest one was, and make them drive - tell us to go home and not go back out tonight, and if we were really more than a little drunk, would give a police escort back to a safe place. 

When was the last time you heard of that happening ?

Used to , if a cop found you smoking dope , you would be isssued a ticket with a $50 fine, and sent home - you would NOT be home if you were caught because the cops would NOT GO TO YOUR HOME AND LOOK FOR DRUGS. If you were dumb enough to leave you lid of weed in open view, they would take it - don't know what they did with it.

Now if you are caught drinking, or smoking dope, they make a major issue out of it, and  ruin the lives of the people involved.

So, yes, I do think police are trampling on our rights more now than in the past because it is too easy for the city or the police dept to make a lot of money in the process, and to hell with whoever's life they trash.


if

It sounds to me that you are more disgruntled with the laws that the officers are sworn to uphold. Police didn't write those laws you mentioned Seeweed.

Originally Posted by Capt James T:
Originally Posted by Bestworking:
 This very thread was started to make us think that "storm troopers" arrested "peaceful" protesters, when in fact all they did was stand at the top of the courthouse to block the crowd from entering, and were there in case things got very ugly.

This very thread was created to share the video of the TN state trooper that trampled on a mans constitutional rights during a supposed DUI roadblock - even though he was never asked if he had been drinking.

 

Where it has gone from there has been the natural progression discussing situations that have occurred recently that were in line with the subject at hand.

 

If you wish to start a thread about "police officers shot dead because they stopped someone for a minor violation, and did no more than walk up to the window of the car" then feel free.  The button is labeled 'Post New Topic' and is found at the top right hand corner of the screen......

Of all of the DUI arrests I have made over the years, I have never had to ask a drunk person if they had been drinking. You should be able to tell without asking. Once again, according to SCOTUS, the checkpoint was legal. The trampling did not occur, and I won't comment either way, until the guy refused to comply with the lawful order. Once again, go to findlaw.com and see for yourself. Don't go bashing the police for doing their job at a lawful DUI checkpoint because one guy cops an attitude. No pun intended.

If you wish to start a thread about "police officers shot dead because they stopped someone for a minor violation, and did no more than walk up to the window of the car" then feel free.  The button is labeled 'Post New Topic' and is found at the top right hand corner of the screen......

 

-------------------

The same "suggestion" can be given to the ones that go from dui checkpoints to trying to make it look like "storm troopers" ran over peaceful protestors. I wouldn't want to start a thread about cops being shot dead while going about their business, that might get in the way of all the "cop bashing".  

Am I right or wrong,  police used to use methods to  keep the peace, now, they write citations to up hold the law.  When I was a teenager, if you got carried to jail, one thing would be charged.  Now there may be 6 or 7 different charges for the same offence.

Originally Posted by wright35633:
Originally Posted by Capt James T:
Originally Posted by Bestworking:

Of all of the DUI arrests I have made over the years, I have never had to ask a drunk person if they had been drinking. You should be able to tell without asking. Once again, according to SCOTUS, the checkpoint was legal. The trampling did not occur, and I won't comment either way, until the guy refused to comply with the lawful order. Once again, go to findlaw.com and see for yourself. Don't go bashing the police for doing their job at a lawful DUI checkpoint because one guy cops an attitude. No pun intended.

================

I have been stopped a couple of times in the last few years, on New Years Eve night, because "I thought I saw you swerve back there". Both times the officer was very , very nice, and ask had I been drinking. Both times the answer was "no".

Although I do not resent being pulled over, I do believe it was because of the night in question and the late hour - in other words, I was profiled. (And by the way, I hadn't swerved in either case)

Please don't get the idea I resent the police, but I have listed some grievances about police action  on this forum before , and I just wonder - maybe you can help answer - why would they send a thief writing bad checks holding my daughters purse home ? , Why would they laugh at my son who reported people had stolen stuff off of his car when he had the tag number and a witness ?, why would they throw my daughter in jail overnight for DUI with a blood alcohol of 0.01 (one drink two hours previously) only to get it kicked out by a judge because - well, she wasn't drunk ? 

Why would a house break in , and the "suspect" identified by an eyewitness via a picture, choose to do nothing ?

What are the police for ? only after drugs and dui to bring money into the city ? What happened to protecting us from thieves , and burglars ?  Why would they ignore a 911 call and let a building be torched to the ground ?  

I'm just curious.

In the past , I have known quite a few law enforcement people, and have always had great respect for them, BUT, the crimes they were interested in were stopping or arresting thieves , burglars, and in general protecting the citizens. There seems to be a new breed not interested in anything that does not bring revenue into the city coffers.

If you can help me on that, I would be appreciative.

 

"I thought I saw you swerve back there".

 

Yup. I caught that one a few weeks ago about a mile from my home with my wife in the car with me.

Sheriff's deputy said I crossed the line "a couple times."

I passed the attitude test-BUT...

I *don't* drive erratically.  I know where the g#dd*#n lines are for f#*#s sakes.

 

He just wanted to see who I was 'cuz I look like I 'haint frum rayound heeyar.' 

After explaining to me that because of my exemplary driving record, he was only going to issue a verbal warning-he told me to 'continue to drive safely.'

 

S'pose it coulda been worse.  Back home they'da ran me into the side of a building and yanked me out the car thru a closed window before determining that it was somebody else they were looking for. (Yeah, that happened once, too in Stamford, CT...Turns out they had the wrong van...)

Originally Posted by Quaildog:

Haa ha pup 99 % of those on that road are going to or from no good. i'll get you a church bumper sticker.lol

--------------

Jeez I dunno if it's stick to ma car.

 

You still on da book de fascia? I no see ya no more.

Tried to catch ya down at the dock this year but couldn't get anywhere near the place.

/shrug

Improper lane usage? The last time I was stopped was a few years ago on a Labor Day weekend. I was visiting a relative in Tuscumbia and had gotten back on 43 to go home. Meeting an officer pulling out of a stop, he made a U-turn and stopped me. He thought I had crossed the center line he said. He checked my record and gave me a warning. Without turning his lights off, I see him pull out and again do a U-turn and stop a truck. I call that trolling on a Friday of a holiday weekend when the city has been given extra funding for clickitorticket or whatever.

Originally Posted by mad American:

Road Puppy, you were profiled.  I have been pulled over for being a white man, driving a white van.  Turns out they were looking for someone that drove a white van for something else. I was still profiled.

--------------------

LOL....Brah, you ain't gotta tell me dat.

 I don't fit 'the mold...'

Those motherstickers been pullin' me over ever since I got licensed.  

 

Add Reply

Likes (0)
Post

×
×
×
×