Mine--home made.

One-fourth pound skinless filet of wild-caught salmon, grilled carefully to "just done" status (flakes with a fork, but still moist), served in a lightly-toasted poppy-seed Kaiser roll with Kraft olive oil-based mayonnaise, thin-sliced purple or mild white onion, and a light sprinkling of Slap Ya Mama cajun seasoning.
quote:
Originally posted by beternU:
Mine--home made.

One-fourth pound skinless filet of wild-caught salmon, grilled carefully to "just done" status (flakes with a fork, but still moist), served in a lightly-toasted poppy-seed Kaiser roll with Kraft olive oil-based mayonnaise, thin-sliced purple or mild white onion, and a light sprinkling of Slap Ya Mama cajun seasoning.


I'm sorry, but I cannot just accept your word upon the subject. I will need to judge the product for myself. Will "now" be too soon? Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by uwsoftball:
quote:
Originally posted by beternU:
Mine--home made.

One-fourth pound skinless filet of wild-caught salmon, grilled carefully to "just done" status (flakes with a fork, but still moist), served in a lightly-toasted poppy-seed Kaiser roll with Kraft olive oil-based mayonnaise, thin-sliced purple or mild white onion, and a light sprinkling of Slap Ya Mama cajun seasoning.


I'm sorry, but I cannot just accept your word upon the subject. I will need to judge the product for myself. Will "now" be too soon? Big Grin


Go for it! You have my personal guarantee* that you will hugely enjoy this sandwich.

*beternU limited guarantee: beternU hereby warrants that the afore-described salmon sandwich will be found to be delightfully delicious and healthful, satisfying to the eye and the palate. Should the consumer of same find otherwise, beternU covenants solemnly to be very, very sorry. This constitutes the entirety of the beternU salmon sandwich guarantee.
quote:
Originally posted by Tomme73:
To administer a little of your own medicine, I believe the word you were trying to use was "homemade."

Also, I tried olive oil mayo and didn't care for it.


Thank you so much. It is good to know that there are others who try to respect the nuances of English language usage. May your tribe increase.
After watching a modern marvels show on the History channel about a floating fish factory that catches a whitefish in Alaskan waters who's biggest customer is McDonalds. I have been eating the McFish sandwich every time I have to go there, and it is pretty good knowing where it came from.
quote:
Originally posted by thomaswayne0907:
i stay away from fish sandwiches unless i make them myself, mainly because the fast food industry does not use fish that is branded sustainable. however salmon and tilapia are both sustainable, and that is what i like to use at home. tuna is also a good choice.


What do you mean by "sustainable"?
quote:
Originally posted by lawguy07:
quote:
Originally posted by thomaswayne0907:
i stay away from fish sandwiches unless i make them myself, mainly because the fast food industry does not use fish that is branded sustainable. however salmon and tilapia are both sustainable, and that is what i like to use at home. tuna is also a good choice.


What do you mean by "sustainable"?


it's basically how easy/fast the fish can reproduce so that they're not over harvested and driven to extinction, kind of how the buffalo out west were. Alton brown talked about it on the food network one night and that's what brought my attention to it. there's plenty of info on the web that'll explain far better than i ever could.

Add Reply

Likes (0)
Post

×
×
×
×