It seems to me that all the whinning about atheists posting stems from the desire of many christians to avoid reality. They know deep down inside that it is all a fairy tale, and they don't want to deal with any rational comments that show how absurd religion really is.
I post here, because of all the revisionist history they use that leads us to bad political decisions. Some one posted that this nation was founded on Christian principles, which is untrue. This nation was founded on many ideas, some may actually be attributed to religious ideals, but the vast majority were from the ideals that arose from the Enlightenment.
The most influential of this nation's Founding Fathers spoke out against the influence of the churches, Jefferson, Franklin, Madison, Washington, Hamilton, Adams worked hard to reduce the influence of the congregationlist. And the battle goes on, with religious groups constantly attempting to influence this nation in ways that reduce the freedom of us all.
As Jefferson said, "This would be the best of all possible worlds if there were no religion in it."
Originally Posted by Bestworking:

Some have accused me of wanting to make this a Christian forum, wrongly I might add.  I welcome comments as these two whether they agree or disagree with part or all of a former post I made or a topic at hand.  What I have railed against is when post get personal and don't really address the topic or are just there to be critical and heckling (my word choice).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First of all you want this to be a christian only forum or you would stop whining and asking why atheists are here. Even when you've been told why we're here you still whine and keep asking. Secondly it's not up to you or anyone else to "welcome" comments. People are free to post whether or not you welcome it. Thirdly you take any opposition to your comments as attacks or heckling. You get plenty of intelligent opposing posts yet you call them attacks against you and christianity. There is only one atheist that posts here only to "heckle" christians and that's jimi. There are others that post only to "heckle" atheists but that's OK with you. You whine that people owe you apologies when they don't, and when you lie and it's pointed out you pull a bill and ignore it. We have plenty of debate and discussion on this forum but you don't consider anything that goes against your thoughts as debate. You need to "man up", put on your big boy shorts and stop crying. If you can't do that then you need to stop reading posts from people that "upset" you.

___________________________________________________________________________

So, Jennifer, you obviously don't consider it heckling to call everyone who disagrees with you a LIAR. I tried to engage you in civil conversation several times, and as recently as yesterday, but you refuse to have dialog with those who disagree with you on ANY subject. You'd rather fling your bitter insults. You do it to me, to GB, and to just about every other Christian on this forum. You do it to every Democrat on this forum.

 

And you really expect ANYONE to take you seriously?

 

What could you possibly want to talk to me about ohno? What? Gb? What? Yes I say those things to him, so do others. What's it to you? He compared atheists to hitler, he keeps posting the lie, yes the lie, about the bibles. He keeps whining about atheists posting on here. So what am I supposed to do ohno? I have a differing opinion on the things he posts. You keep begging for an apology from me, for what I have no idea, yet you don't think you owe me one? How about this ohno, you had zero problem with cage and your pal rum mama posting cartoons and saying they were me, you even got in on it, but you think I owe you an apology and I'm supposed to give a crap about anything you post?

 

How about this rum mama. For the longest I thought it was cage. Then I started to actually read the thing and now I know it was another "pal" of yours that you love so much even though this is the kind of person that would smile to my "face" on here in one name, one I had never had a cross word with, and then do your dirty work to me in another id. But somehow I'm supposed to respect you and want to "dialog" with you? Show me one post where someone said something to you and I jumped in laughing and posting about it, or egging them on. That's what you do.

 

I post nothing, nothing, that others don't post. I don't post anything worse than anyone else posts but you always want to try and tell me what I do wrong. Guess what, I don't answer to you ohno, and I'm sorry if it puts your nose out of joint because I don't fawn over you and tell you how intelligent and talented you are, and ooh and aah over your little stories. So tell me ohno, what do you want to "discuss" with me?? Just what do you consider a civil conversation ohno? Please tell me because I've never seen any sign that you wanted a civil conversation with me.

Jennifer, first of all, you are wrong about RumMama. The person who jumped you with cartoons and the like was NOT who you are now thinking it was. HE only used that ID for a couple of days. It was someone else who was snarky to you. The one you just now said you think it was NEVER said anything nasty to you. He gets along with just about everyone.

 

But as to the rest, back in August, just hours before your Jennifer ID disappeared and a day before your Bestworking ID showed up, I posted this, at the prompting of our mutual friend Semi:

 

 


O No! Old Faithful August 20, 2011 3:40 PM
     
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jen? Semi is right. She says she came here to learn something, but it seems she can also teach too. You and I may not have much in common, but we do have our love for our friend Semi in common. I am willing to try for her sake, if you are. I will apologize for calling you bitter if you will apologize for calling me a liar. We may never agree on much else, but we could at least start being civil to each other. Are you game?

 

___________________________________________________________________________

You never responded one way or the other. I think you might have been afraid of losing Semi's reguard of you had told me you weren't interested, and I can tell by now that there's no way you would have agreed to a truce. I assumed you changed your ID so you wouldn't HAVE to answer. I could be wrong though. Maybe you were just having computer problems.

 

Then I asked you a question about your beliefs, both atheist and political. I wasn't being snarky when I asked, I was genuinely curious. But you wouldn't answer me.

 

 

 

O No! Old Faithful September 27, 2011 1:47 PM
     
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by Bestworking:
Oh I don't know gb, ever think people are getting tired of you being able to break the law and are speaking up? Where is it against the law for you to mention your god? You do it every day-all day in long rambling posts and cut and paste bible quotes. Who has stopped you? As I posted, don't like it? Fine then. Churches can start paying taxes, and ALL religions can come into schools and set up clubs and have their prayers heard and their beliefs taught. Would you object to that? And the "In God We Trust" has been challenged. You don't want a theocracy? You could have fooled me. All you do is whine and talk about "bringing god" back into every area of the country, not to mention how you whine because atheists dare to speak up and dare to post on this forum.  What would you call that?

___________________________________________________________________________

 

OK, if you think taxing churches would mean they could pray in school and have their beliefs taught, then YOU have to decide which you would like less. You DON'T want churches to remain tax exempt, but you also don't want Christianity taught at schools.

 

Which would you choose?

 

____________________________________________________________________________

 

So yesterday, I repeated the question and coupled it with another. I even complimented you on your intelligence. I asked politely, and I even said "thanks". But you wouldn't respond to that either.

 

 


O No! Old Faithful 1 day ago
     
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by Bestworking:
I can understand the reason that atheists post here because they simply want to express their views. I guess I have a hard time understanding that is because when I thought God was nothing more than a Santa Claus story, I had absolutely no interest in religion.

 

====================================================================

 

Sorry but that's another standard argument christians like to use. Religion is nothing at all like someone not believing in santa. Wars aren't fought in santa's name, politics aren't decided in santa's name. Not believing in santa doesn't get you attacked, insulted, and someone trying to force you to believe in santa or be considered an outcast with no rights or say in your government and the way your country is run. People aren't oppressed because of a non belief in santa or in his name. No one wants schools to teach your children they have to believe in santa. I could go on but I'm sure you get the point.

___________________________________________________________________________

Jennifer, I wish that for one moment, you and I could discuss something in a civil way. I'd like to ask you a couple of questions, and I in no way mean to be "snarky".

 

The other day I asked you about the potential conflict between pulling churches tax exempt status, and letting them keep it just so that they CAN'T have prayer and Bible clubs in schools. You said if they had to pay taxes, they would be allowed to do that. I asked which you thought would be the better choice. You never answered because it was me asking, but I wasn't asking to be insulting. I'm genuinely curious.

 

I also see a conflict in your wanting to keep religion out of government, and your right wing political beliefs. You and DA have touched on that, but I still wonder how you can vote for Repubs for their FISCAL beliefs, when it is the Repubs who want to bring God back into the schools and other "secular" places.

 

I'm curious, and believe me, I am NOT being disrespectful. I'm just wondering if your FISCAL beliefs trump your ATHEIST beliefs when it comes to voting, and why.

 

I know that there are times when I STRONGLY disagree with my party's stance (such as on gun control). I vote Dem. most of the time because on MOST things I agree with them. There are times I vote for someone I don't totally agree with because of my priorities.

 

You said you come here because you want people to understand your reasons for believing the way you do. As someone who IS intelligent (as you have proved here), I'd really be interested in your reasons on these two topics (taxing churches vs. letting them pray in school, and voting for fiscal vs. religious reasons.)

 

Thanks.

____________________________________________________________________________

 

No, Jennifer, I have TRIED to be civil to you, but all I get is either ignored, or insulted. You HAVE, on many occasions, posted a roll-eyes or other insulting remarks after some of my posts. I remember a couple of times you posted "What is she babbling about now?" So it is not just ME who has jumped on posts with insulting remarks.

 

And, I'm sorry, but you really DO call anyone who doesn't agree with you a liar. That is a vile and nasty accusation to make toward ANYONE, especially when you do it after someone expresses an OPINION. There IS no truth or lie when it comes to opinion. No right or wrong. One person likes chocolate ice cream, another has no reason to call them a LIAR just because they like vanilla better.

 

Civility will get you much farther in life than confrontation, and if you go around telling people they are liars whenever they disagree with you, pretty soon you will find that there ARE no more people around you - they will have left you all alone.

First of all ohno IF they lie I tell them. Bill has done it, gb has done it, it's uncalled for. A lie can be more than posting false information.  A lie can be telling someone they do or think something that they don't. That is bill and gb's speciality and you're good at it too. I got along fine with gb and we had a dialog. Then he pulled one of his whiny stunts and claimed that I would have supported hitler. After hours of trying to make him understand that was not what I meant, which it was clear I hadn't meant that at all,  I lost patience with him. He either didn't want to understand or he wasn't capable of understanding. Sometimes I think it's the second reason with him. 

I hardly ever read your posts. There have been times I have been ask in a PM if I saw a post of yours and I've told them I am not interested in reading them. As for semi, I explained to her that people can have friends that don't get along. I had two friends that wanted to kill each other and I could never be with them at the same time. I did tell them that I wished they could get along but I never ask them to do it on my account, or to "do it for me". They are adults and their personalities clashed, and it is not my place to force them to get along if they don't want to or can't. I have explained my politics many times and just recently with DA. So apparently you weren't interested enough to take note.

 GB just posted yesterday for us to SHOW HIM WHERE HE'D SAID SOMETHING. So I did. Not a peep out of him. No retraction, no apology for insinuating I had lied about what he said, once more with the proof right there in black and white. But he never stops whining that I owe him an apology. You have NO interest in any of my opinions and I am at a loss to explain why you persist. As far as being alone, that will happen to you before it does me and it seems to me that you are indeed alone and lonely.

 My friends know I'm honest, they can ask me my opinion about something or for a favor and I will be there for them and they will be and most certainly have been, right there for me. They have my respect and I know I have theirs. Oh no we had former neighbors that moved from here five years ago. After the tornado they came by our house to check on us and to tell us the tornado had missed them, they had power, food, ice, anything we could need and that their house was ours to use as our own for as long as we might need. After five years oh no. And getting into the area was no piece of cake either. And they weren't the only ones that did that. We know what our friends had to go through to get to us but they did it and they know had it been them we would have been right there for them.  I'm sorry, but if I ever kiss butt it's going to theirs, the friends that mean so much to me.

If anyone knows a LIE it should be you for you are chief at them.  You showed me nothing of the kind.  What you did was take a current LIE of yours on a current thread and when I called you on it and showed by posting it you ran and tried to pull up a totally different post to someone else and put it as if I was saying it to you, under this topic never addressing what you said a few post above that which was the very lie I was talking about and misrepresentation of me and what I said..  

 

If you dare ANSWER THE QUESTIONS:

 

1) Did Congress AUTHORIZE (as I said in this discussion) to Import 20,000 Bibles? (September 11, 1777)  WELL?

 

2) Was that decision to Import them not because the three man committee formed when preachers advised congress that there was a Bible Shortage due to the war (July 7, 1777), and therefore they sought to obtain the Bibles overseas by Importing them rather than printing them? (September 11, 1777)  That's a YES or NO?

 

3) Although they were never imported (because of conditions of the war) and Aitken was allowed to sell His Bibles was the reason they never was imported (1782) and NOT because of anything close to separation of Church and state or because the government thought it was illegal. 

 

4)  IF it was not for the war and conditions that prevented the importing of the Bibles and they could have been found in Holland/Scotland would they not have been purchased and imported back as AUTHORIZED BY CONGRESS?  This is a logical question that isn't rocket science.

 

YOU are the one insisting I said congress paid for themI said they AUTHORIZED them and I said that IF it had not been for the war they would have been imported which would be the same as saying they were purchased for when Congress authorized them to be purchased the money and the will was there to do it if the ability was there to.  That is what I said.

 

YOU are the one LYING about me and I have yet to see such an angry bitter person post such that you do.  You truly are not worth the time responding to anymore so



DO ME A FAVOR.

 

 

IGNORE ME, don't post to me, don't read my post, go away and sulk in your own venom and spew it at someone who cares to hear it.  I Don't care to hear you, read your post, or think you hold any validity anymore.  You say you aren't but your words reveal such a BITTER, hateful woman with some perceived ax to grind YOU Continue  a LIE about Hitler for you either cannot read and comprehend or you deliberately LIE about it and twist my words.   GO LOOK what I said and repost it again for all to see because you are so proud to admit you made a mistake.  Thankfully enough are here that realize you are doing what you are.

 


 

YOU LIE, and aren't very good at it, the words and text reveal your lies for what they are (the twisting of words).  I never said atheist were like hitler as you insinuate I did.  That was your first LIE about me, your second had to do with saying I wanted to make this a Christian Forum, and your THIRD Lie is recently where you say I lied about the 20,000 Bibles.

 

So answer the questions above if you dare for you care not for the truth you care only to defame someone and lie about them.  You truly are a sad case.  Please IGNORE ME AND ALLOW ME TO DO THE SAME TO YOU!  or do you need some remedial help in understanding that request?

If anyone knows a LIE it should be you for you are chief at them.  You showed me nothing of the kind.  What you did was take a current LIE of yours on a current thread and when I called you on it and showed by posting it you ran and tried to pull up a totally different post to someone else and put it as if I was saying it to you, under this topic never addressing what you said a few post above that which was the very lie I was talking about and misrepresentation of me and what I said..

 

====================================================================

 

You know gb, I don't think you're mentally unstable. Those were YOUR words, still there for you and anyone else to see. How do you deny your own words? So you tell me how your words say one thing but you still insist they don't? I don't have to ignore you. You are posting on a public forum and you don't get to tell people what to do. If you don't like that go make your own personal forum.

Jennifer, don't you think people can see what you are? We can all read you know. All of your accusations of lying ARE just you twisting their words. You may be a nice enough person that people come to help you during a crisis, but you are NOT honest, and anyone who has been reading this forum for the past couple of years can see that. For some reason, perhaps because you are afraid to let it show in PUBLIC, you feel a need to be as angry and nasty and bitter online, behind a screen name, as you can possibly be. If it helps you to achieve balance in your life, go for it, but don't expect others to be fooled by it. You are making a spectacle of yourself with your dishonest, angry posts.

Originally Posted by O No!:

Jennifer, don't you think people can see what you are? We can all read you know. All of your accusations of lying ARE just you twisting their words. You may be a nice enough person that people come to help you during a crisis, but you are NOT honest, and anyone who has been reading this forum for the past couple of years can see that. For some reason, perhaps because you are afraid to let it show in PUBLIC, you feel a need to be as angry and nasty and bitter online, behind a screen name, as you can possibly be. If it helps you to achieve balance in your life, go for it, but don't expect others to be fooled by it. You are making a spectacle of yourself with your dishonest, angry posts.

Exactly!!!

 

So well worded and said it deserved to be repeated.

Two days ago by gbrk to crusty:

 

YOU and JENNIFER BOTH should know about twisting words and twisting facts but in this case there IS evidence. Do you just take what Jennifer says as total fact or do you also have difficulty in reading comprehension. WHERE did I ever say Congress bought or paid for or ordered BIBLES? . . . . . WHERE?

 

 

Two days ago by gbrk to bestworking:

 

Do you have a reading or understanding deficiency? LISTEN CAREFULLY --- I NEVER SAID, TYPED, OR INDICATED (as you accuse me of) THAT CONGRESS BOUGHT, PURCHASED, OR ORDERED BIBLES. Quit acting as if I did.

 

 

 

Two days ago by bestworking:

 

July 29, 2011 3:22 PM

gbrk posted to crusty:

"The point that I believe needs to be thought about or addressed is that Congress did vote and approve the purchase and/or acquisition of the 20,000 Bibles with some nays but a majority of yea's."

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 The title of the thread was: Did The Continental Congress Fund 20,000 Bibles?

 

 

Right there in your own words gbrk, so just where are the "twisted or changed words"???

Originally Posted by Bestworking:

Two days ago by gbrk to crusty:

 

YOU and JENNIFER BOTH should know about twisting words and twisting facts but in this case there IS evidence. Do you just take what Jennifer says as total fact or do you also have difficulty in reading comprehension. WHERE did I ever say Congress bought or paid for or ordered BIBLES? . . . . . WHERE?

 

 

Two days ago by gbrk to bestworking:

 

Do you have a reading or understanding deficiency? LISTEN CAREFULLY --- I NEVER SAID, TYPED, OR INDICATED (as you accuse me of) THAT CONGRESS BOUGHT, PURCHASED, OR ORDERED BIBLES. Quit acting as if I did.

 

 

 

Two days ago by bestworking:

 

July 29, 2011 3:22 PM

gbrk posted to crusty:

"The point that I believe needs to be thought about or addressed is that Congress did vote and approve the purchase and/or acquisition of the 20,000 Bibles with some nays but a majority of yea's."

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 The title of the thread was: Did The Continental Congress Fund 20,000 Bibles?

 

 

Right there in your own words gbrk, so just where are the "twisted or changed words"???

_____________________________________________________________________________

Easy enough for anyone with basic reading comprehension skills to figure out. The words APPROVED the purchase (which the Continental Congress DID), do not mean the same as the words COMPLETED the purchase (which they didn't).

 

They DID approve the purchase, but never actually BOUGHT the Bibles. GB has it right. He did not lie, and if you accuse him of it, it is either that you can't understand simple English, or that you are continuing to twist his words to try to make it APPEAR that he lied.

 

But as I said before, the rest of us CAN read, and it is so obvious what you are trying to do that I'd think you'd be ashamed of yourself.

 "Oh shut up ohno."

 

Sorry little girl, as you keep pointing out, I have just as much right to post here as anyone else. If you can't handle being outed for the black hearted person you are, maybe you should go find another sand box to play in.

Black hearted is it? LOL You are the queen of the black hearts. How did you out me? His words are right there and anyone can read them. I didn't alter or change a thing. You sure do think a lot of yourself don't you old gal? You're the one who's "outting themselves". Your mask isn't slipping any more it's fallen completely off your face. All this because I would fawn and fall all over you. Remember it's been you begging me to post to you and because I wouldn't you figure you "outted" someone? pftttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Yep. I have said some pretty mean things to Unob, or whatever he's calling himself now, and I have said some pretty mean things to you. I can't recall anyone else.

 

And you see, the things I said to Unob and to you, were the truth. He has been caught twisting people's words, and so have you. If I were the ONLY one who thought so, there might be some question. But SO many people have pointed out to Unob that he twists people's words just so he'll get another chance to fling an insult, and there have been SO MANY who have pointed out to you that YOU twist people's words, and that you seem to have a problem with anger and bitterness, that it is pretty obvious to everyone here that both are true.

So many people ohno? You mean you and gb, the one that made the statements that were not twisted btw, that's your "many people"? No, you didn't say things to me that were true. And you have jumped plenty more than just me and unob. So don't even try to act innocent with me because I don't care and I'm not buying it either. My goodness you're needy.

Hi to someone,

 

Please, for the sake of civil conversation --

go to your previous post and remove or

shorten the extremely long line which is

causing the whole page to be distorted. 

Your line is making reading of these posts VERY difficult.

 

Appreciate your help and cooperation.   Bill

Well, I just typed the words, "Jennifer bitter" into the search box, and all of these came up on the first page:

 

 

 

House of David Hall of Famer April 18, 2011 4:50 PM
   
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I just think you stereo-type Christians and you always sound angry..... hey, maybe your not angry ..... you just come across that way...
always sound super-****ed.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

IDOL Familiar Face April 18, 2011 7:14 PM
   
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jennifer,

You just sound like an angry, bitter and unhappy person. HUD, HOD, whatever you're called, just because someone doesn't believe in

your "Book", don't knock 'em. Even atheists can be good people and you Bible Knockers can be horrible people.

Peace out.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


Annoyed Small Talker December 22, 2010 8:14 PM
   
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jennifer,

There is no IF. YOU DO SIN.

What I pick up from a lot of your posts & comments is a bitterness that I don't pick up on from most of the other atheists. I just wonder what it

was that turned you away from God since you were once a believer. Was there a specific incident when you said that's it, I have had it or was it a gradual?
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

No anger or bitternes here, is there? 

Jennifer Old Faithful January 8, 2011 10:09 PM
   
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
Ferrellj, which is better. A compassionate person stopping to help a homeless man or someone who is like let's say: one of your fellow

thugs who post on this forum, Stuck in Traffic or any of the others like let's say; Jennifer, who would pass this man by with the utterance of lazy parasite. And which is better, a cable outlet which actually GAVE this man a job or one that spews a line of individual responsibility yet offers no assistance to an individual who does not meet their "criteria" for receiving an offer. ie: a governor who has quit her job, or a commentator who was fired from another media outlet for controversial remarks. Which one shows the TRUE meaning of charity???????????

You are so freaking insane I don't see how you even function. I give more to charity in one year than you will give in your entire miserable

life. Who did YOU help this year rockhead? Did you send a gift package to a soldier? I did, but of course you didn't. Your kind hates the military and wishes they'd all come home in boxes. Did you send money to St. Judes? Oh hell no you didn't. You kept the money your mommy and daddy gave their "little man." You need to just STFU because you have no idea about me or anyone else you rail against. You are a bitter, nasty, selfish, waste of human flesh. You're worthless, no, you're less than worthless. IF you ever move out of your mommy and daddy's house you're in for a rude awakening. No one is going to pet and pamper you and tell you you're special like your mommy does. And if you run that foul mouth to people in "real life" like you run it in this forum someone will knock those teeth out for you. You stupid spoiled brat. You need an attitude adjustment and one day someone will give it to you. I wish I could see it.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 


INVICTUS Old Faithful February 1, 2011 6:18 PM
   
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Jennifer:
So you think there are no nutcases that claim to be christians? Nuff' said. And you might want to see someone about your obsessive

behavior. Drama queen.

---------------------------------------

You should do something about how bitter and angry you are
before you even start anger management.
______________________________________________________________

 

semiannualchick Old Faithful February 1, 2011 7:40 PM
   
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jennifer, I understand that you don't believe in God, but even I am confused by the bitterness that comes from you.

I know some people that

call themselves a Christian & the way they live & treat others doesn't show them to be such. I know some that call themselves a Christian & the way they live & treat others, does show it to be true.

On this forum, vplee123 stands out to me to have a true love of God & a Christian. She's become a dear friend & has not once stood in

judgment of me.

I can understand why some are Atheist & some are agnostic. I hope I've never shown the strong dislike & bitterness that you have if

someone doesn't believe the way I do. (which could be described as no belief at all).

I've shown a strong dislike toward Bill & buffalo because of their judgmental ways, because if God exist, I can't think that He would be pleased with

 their attitude.

You seem to almost hate the people that do believe in God. I have often wondered in reading your post if you are trying to convince

yourself that God doesn't exist.

I'm not trying to be mean to you, I'm just giving my opinion as to how I see things.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

rum_mama Hall of Famer July 27, 2011 6:51 PM
   
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by Jennifer:
RP- Now DA, RP, you do know that the "oh holy one" will immediately wade in to tell you what miserable lives you live, how you're

so bitter etc etc etc and with mock "concern" ask you if it's something wrong in your life, your business blah blah blah. GB will post again to

the TD about the "attacks" and intrusions on "their" threads, and no ignore. He still hasn't learned to just not read people that upset him. Go figure. And DA, yes, when they get upset you definately do see that mask start to slip. It's very interesting too, to see who they align themselves with, and for people that don't like to see the attacks and bad stuff from atheists they have no problem upholding it and joining in when it's one of their own doing it. Then they wonder why we call them hypocrites. BUT let them have at it, it only shows them for what they are.

 

 

 

I like the short version.

 

Jennifer bitter old female whining revealed for what you are (deceitful).. your bitterness is getting ugly. not worth the effort to

attempt to discuss it rationally anymore. your pride and bitterness obsessed with an corruptness that overwhelms you.

alter the meaning of what others says anything you say certainly cannot be trusted

bitter to reason with. waste away in your own decrepit conscience, ugly bitterness and the arrogance of a morally bankrupt individual obsess beyond reasoning bitter Others see you for who you are . attacks and insults against Christians.

bitterness and carnal heart/conscience atheist equivalent of Westboro Baptist Church a bitter vengeful empty woman who cannot find happiness within blame for your own personal misery .

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

_Joy_ Old Faithful January 10, 2011 8:03 PM
   
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Jennifer:

quote:
See what I mean about generalizations or painting with a broad stroke? We're not all into chandeliers and

smiling for the camera. 

Oh yes, all you have to do to see those "modest" churches is drive down any highway. Pluleeez. And yes you love that tax exempt status. But hopefully one day that will be gone.


??????

Girl, did somebody who claimed to be a Christian make you this bitter toward all Christians or what?

Be angry with that person. I am not that person. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Joy and if you'd like to know something about me, please ask. I don't care a hill of beans about tax-exempt status.

 

___________________________________________________________________________

So, even though you KNOW I'm not the only one who recognizes that you are bitter and angry, here are some posts that prove it.

Help O No!

 

My computer tells me that YOUR post is the one

with the extremely LONG line which is causing the

page to be distorted.   Please, my Friend, edit your

posts to shorten or delete those long lines. 

 

The computer sees these as very large graphics and

widens the page to accommodate it.   Help, please!

 

God bless, have a wonderful, blessed day,

 

Bill

Bill, I'm sorry.

I have tried twice now to

edit the post, and even

though I have cut the lines

into quarters, it still comes

out this way. I don't understand

what happened.

 

I guess it doesn't matter though.

I proved my point, and it

doesn't matter what Jennifer

says about them all being

"my cronies". I don't have the

power, popularity, or whatever

else it would take to convince

ANYONE to post something

against Jennifer - these people

posted what they did because

they see her bitterness.

 

I mean, really -  telling someone

they are "worse than worthless"!

That she wishes she were there

when someone knocks their teeth

out! That she thinks they want to see

our soldiers

come home in a box!!!

And of course, there is her always

classy, "STFU"

 

The more she posts, the more black-

hearted she shows herself to be.

 

 

This has happened to me before also,  I don't know if it's your post O NO or if it's just

the formatting of the new newsgroup software.  I am adding hard returns to this reply

in hopes it will help.

 

I tried to type a reply about the accusation that Jennifer made citing the title of a subject

I began and claiming she was right saying that I said something that I didn't actually say.

 

She does not know, understand, or CARE if she is wrong she only cares to sew discord

and make her Lies become fact.  She claims we twist meaning or words but post what

she says defends her accusing me of saying that Congress bought or funded the 20000

Bibles.  She even copied or re-pasted the topic.  She, I suppose, doesn't know the difference

between a QUESTION (which is what I ask) and a STATEMENT ( which is what she claims I made).

 

I suppose if I ask you O NO did it rain yesterday at your house?

Jennifer's translation would be  GBRK said it rained at O NO's house yesterday.  Then all her

post would respond as if that's what I said and there would be no retraction or apology.

 

Additionally it is interesting to wonder what she thinks about Congress or Politics.

The question said DID the Continental Congress Fund 20,000 Bibles?

Well that provokes a new question.  IF Congress AUTHORIZES something to be imported

then does that not imply that money would be set aside or provided in order that whatever

was authorized could be accomplished if, all things being equal, it could be done.

 

They weren't eventually imported so they were not paid for by Congress but that was due

to the war and not because of a change in their mind or their will.

They only changed their mind and stopped the importation when Aitken offered to supply the

Bibles that were paid out of his funds.  At that time they authorized their own chaplains to 

inspect and recommend his version as being acceptable to present to the people and States.

 

Also interesting to realize that they (Congress) were going to have them put into each

School to be studied and read by the Students then.  And I guarantee Creation was also

approved to be taught to the students then as well.  All of that today would be illegal.  Jennifer was

right about words being twisting, she changed/twisted a Question into a Statement.

Wow! I guess there IS something going

on with the site! GB, your last post to Jimi

on the debate thread is really messed up.

 

At least I don't feel so bad now. I'm not

great with computers so I thought I had

done something wrong. Nice to know it

is just the site! Thanks.

Originally Posted by gbrk:
 IF Congress AUTHORIZES something to be imported

then does that not imply that money would be set aside or provided in order that whatever

was authorized could be accomplished if, all things being equal, it could be done.

No, it doesn't.  Congress didn't have the money to set aside - hence, one of the reasons the project didn't go forward.

 

They weren't eventually imported so they were not paid for by Congress but that was due

to the war and not because of a change in their mind or their will.

But they did change their minds, and as quickly as it was determined the project was not feasible.

 

They only changed their mind and stopped the importation when Aitken offered to supply the

Bibles that were paid out of his funds. 

Project was already dead.

 

At that time they authorized their own chaplains to 

inspect and recommend his version as being acceptable to present to the people and States.

 True, and that was the sum total of their involvement in the bible trade. 

 

Also interesting to realize that they (Congress) were going to have them put into each

School to be studied and read by the Students then.  And I guarantee Creation was also

approved to be taught to the students then as well. 

This was 1777 or thereabouts.  Darwin hadn't published his theories, yet.  Benjamin Franklin was an early experimenter in electricity, physics was still dealing with simple motion of bodies, and as this was the Age of Enlightenment, science as we know it is just about to take off.  No theory was yet formed as to the beginnings of the universe by the scientific community.  The educational systems were still teaching classical "science".  This is where your Christianity interferes with your interpretation of events. What was "approved to be taught in schools" was dealt with strictly on a local level.  Our origins wouldn't even be considered except in the context of other religious traditions.


All of that today would be illegal. 

Yes, and so is slavery.

Anyone interested in the Bible really needs to check out Xoroastrian's channel on YouTube.

 

Here's another interesting bit.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...YA&feature=feedu

 

He's published a couple hundred by now.

 

Understand, X does not clam that his conclusions are necessarily the last word on any subject, but an honest reviewer will grant that they are at least plausible.  A properly skeptical viewer will grant that they are more plausible than the magic and superstition of the texts taken at face value.

 

I encourage y'all to explore X's work in depth.  At the very least, it's most interesting.

 

DF

Add Reply

Likes (0)
Post

×
×
×
×