Chick -- I Have NEVER Wanted To See You Banned!

Hi to my Forum Friends,

It appears that we need to clear the air.   I was not going to address this issue any further.  However, Chick has posted a number of times today, on several discussions, that I have been trying to get her banned from the Religion Forum.   Nothing could be further from the truth.  But, let's address several of her posts.

But, first let me say this.  I have never in the past, am not now, and see no reason in the future -- to attempt to have Chick banned from the Religion Forum.

In the discussion begun by Dwight (Wooly) titled "None Hold A Candle To Them" we read:

O No told Chick, "Yeah, Semi, he (Dwight) implied he had a compromising picture of Bill's wife."

Chick replied to O No, "I saw that, but I didn't think they would jump on Bill's demand so fast.  He's trying to have me banned too but won't admit it."

And, Dark asked Chick about her comment that I am supposedly trying to get her banned, "Seriously?  That's crazy semi!  I've never seen anything posted by you that would merit being banned.  Bill must be confused."

Chick responds to Dark, "He denied it, of course, but I know it to be a fact.  He's not confused, he just doesn't like it when someone questions his lies."

And, in the discussion begun by Dwight (Wooly) titled "Truths Mormons Believe" we find this dialogue between Jank and Chick:

Jank asked Dwight, "Wooly, Is there any difference in your church and Warren Jeffs religion?  I know I have heard they are different but I don't understand what that difference is.  Thank you for your response."

And, Chick tells Jank, "I was curious about that too because Jeffs often called himself a Prophet.  I guess we'll never get an answer since Bill promised to report Wooly to the mods & got him banned.  He's working on getting me banned too."

So, let me say to Chick -- and to all my Forum Friends:

Over the last five years, I have only reported a couple of people for using language too crude and lewd to be on a public forum.  Those were, to the best of my knowledge, only guys.   The time that Deep was banned for flying the "F" banner in a message aimed  at me -- I did not report him.  Either someone else did -- or the Mods picked up on it themselves.

But, Chick, I have never reported you for anything.  After all, why should I report a Friend?

Chick, I am curious about your comment to Dark, when you tell her,"He denied it, of course, but I know it to be a fact."

The only way I know that a person can "know it to be a fact" about what is going on in Private Report Messages between forum members and the TimesDaily Mods -- is to have a friend on the inside of the TimesDaily Mod team.  Is that what you are telling us, Chick -- that you have an inside friend at the TimesDaily?  Then, maybe YOU are the one who can get folks banned.

I have no inside contacts at the TimesDaily.  Before, when Elizabeth was there, I did talk with her several times on the phone.  When I first came on the Forums in 2007, I could not begin new discussions nor edit posts.  I could post -- but, I could not then edit my post once it was on the Forum.  It took about six months for Elizabeth and the IT Tech Support guy to help me fix the problem.  Joy can attest to this.

But, Chick, other than that -- I have never had any inside track at the TimesDaily.  However, if you can "know it to be a fact" when another member posts a complaint report -- is there more you want to tell us?

I did report Fish in years past for several offenses.  Once, he went on the internet, found a photo of me, modified it, and tried to use that as his avatar.  Another time, he pulled a Buffalo and tried to use my name, Bill Gray, by changing the spacing and putting in a period -- and then posting vulgar posts, supposedly coming from me.  

Over the years, Fish has pulled a few other stunts.  But, I did report him on those two -- using my photo as an avatar and faking my forum name.  But, the Mods only made him change it -- and did not ban him.   At least, not for my complaints.  I understand that he was banned at other times -- but, not because of reports  from me.

Yes, Dwight (Wooly) did post an all caps message to me -- implying that someone had sent him a crude photo of my wife.   I did  report this right away.  But, before I could even post a message letting Dwight know that I was reporting him -- both Ronnie and O No had posted messages chastising Dwight for his offense, calling it low class.

And, when Dwight posted a new discussion asking me to Private Message him to discuss this.  I did -- and gave him my e-mail  address.  He and I have been exchanging e-mails over this situation.  It appears that someone sent Dwight a crude photo telling him that was my wife.   At least, that is what he tells me.  

 

I would assume that the person who sent this to Dwight is on the Religion Forum and is upset with me.  Only a few people have persisted in bringing families and spouses into discussions in a negative  manner.

If that is the case, then that person who sent Dwight the phony photo -- and Dwight for even mentioning the photo on the open forum -- are to blame for him being banned.  As O No told him, he could have Private Messaged me if he was truly concerned and wanted to help.  He did not have to wait for me to PM him. 

 

Nor did he have to post an "implied" threat on the open forum.  But, I did PM  him, and he and I are communicating via e-mails.

But, Chick, I have not tried to get you, Jennifer, or any of my other Forum Friends, lady or otherwise, banned.  As a matter of fact, I did not ask them to ban Dwight.

Yet, I pray that we can all learn from this.  We can have discussions, debates, even arguments -- without becoming crude and lewd -- and without involving other member's families and spouses.  It does not matter if a member has posted something about an incident which includes his/her family or spouse -- that does not give anyone an "open season" license to defame another forum member's family or spouse.

We are very fortunate that the TimesDaily (Tennessee Valley) provides this fantastic forum site for us.   We should be thanking them -- not giving them reason to ban anyone.

Let's have open, active, intelligent, and, yes, at times, even heated discussions.  But, let's keep them civil, stimulating, and on subject -- leaving personal family retorts out of our dialogues.

God bless, have a wonderful, blessed day,

Bill

Friends_TiggerToo_Bear_Piggy_On-Limb-TEXT-1_Outline

Attachments

Photos (1)
Original Post

Folks, this is the "Religion" forum. Now, I try to live right, but am not perfect. I would not intentionally tell a lie. What does it look like to atheists and those simply trying to decide if God exists if they read this?

 

It's either/or. Is Bill Gray telling a lie? Is Semiannual Chick telling a lie? We have to decide for ourselves. I know what I believe. But it is sad that there have to be sides in something like this. It's sad when people see the need to lie just to get attention.

I guess I missed what got wooly "banned". I've never seen a lot to get people banned except for a few exceptions, but most of those are still around. I for one don't go running to "teacher". I guess anyone could consider anything "ban worthy" and imo if the mods wanted to get nitpicky about it most all could be banned, including you bill. I don't know how PMs work, but would consider them just that, private and out of the control of the mods. Just my opinion. I haven't seen anyone's family "defamed" in the open forum so I guess bill is saying it was in a PM.

Yet, I pray that we can all learn from this.  We can have discussions, debates, even arguments -- without becoming crude and lewd -- and without involving other member's families and spouses.  It does not matter if a member has posted something about an incident which includes his/her family or spouse -- that does not give anyone an "open season" license to defame another forum member's family or spouse.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Who defamed your family or wife? You keep insinuating that but I've never seen it. Now it could be that it happened and I missed it. I do know one thing you called an attack that was no such thing. This was a while after you bragged about getting a waitress fired because your wife reported to you that she had been mistreated by this waitress because she, your wife, was filipino. We had a discussion about g a y s and I ask you a simple question. I said to you that you were upset when you felt your wife had been discriminated against, so how could you not realize how it felt to g a y people to have the same thing done to them? You called THAT an attack on your wife. Talk about twisting words and posts!! You put all your information in a public forum and then cry attack when anyone asks you a question.

Originally Posted by Bestworking:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who defamed your family or wife? You keep insinuating that but I've never seen it. Now it could be that it happened and I missed it. I do know one thing you called an attack that was no such thing. This was a while after you bragged about getting a waitress fired because your wife reported to you that she had been mistreated by this waitress because she, your wife, was filipino. We had a discussion about g a y s and I ask you a simple question. I said to you that you were upset when you felt your wife had been discriminated against, so how could you not realize how it felt to g a y people to have the same thing done to them? You called THAT an attack on your wife. Talk about twisting words and posts!! You put all your information in a public forum and then cry attack when anyone asks you a question.

________________________________________________________________________

Bestworking, what Bill is referring to can be found in the thread "None hold a candle to them".

This is what Bill reported Wooly for.

 

quote:

Originally Posted by WoolyBugger:

bILL, i HAVE  a picture for you but I dont want to put it here on the public forum,  please start a private dialog with me and I will send it to you. If it is who I think it is , you may want to contact the site and demand they drop it or sue them. Then again it might not be your wife.

 

BILL! I AM SERIOUS ABOUT THE PICTURE< I WAS TOLD IT WAS YOUR WIFE AND IT HAS A CAPTION WRITTEN ON IT> THE CAPTION IS NOT NICE AT ALL> I AM NOT SAYING ANYTHING BAD ABOUT YOUR WIFE>IF IT WAS MY WIFE I WOULD WANT TO KNOW ABOUT IT SO I COULD TAKE STEPS TO HAVE IT REMOVED>  DO A DIOLOG< I WILL PROVE I AM NOT LYING< I WILL NOT TELL YOU WHO SENT IT> YOU WILL WANT TO CONTACT THE SIGHT IF IT IS YOUR WIFE> I DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR WIFE LOOKS LIKE. AND I DONT KNOW IF IT IS HER BUT I WAS TOLD IT WAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

NOW, BEFORE YOU GET ME KICKED OUT BECAUSE YOU MISSUNDERSTOOD MY OTHER POST TO YOU, I ASK YOU TO FORWARD THIS ONE TO THE MODS TOO.

 

  It does not matter if a member has posted something about an incident which includes his/her family or spouse -- that does not give anyone an "open season" license to defame another forum member's family or spouse.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

This is the part I was posting about. Bill claimed I had attacked his wife when I ask how he could discriminate against others when it upset him so much if he thought someone had done that to his family.

Where are you trying to go with this, Bill? To try & make me look bad? To try & make me look like a liar? To try & make yourself look good? (Is that even possible?)

I don't care because people already have a formed opinion of me. I'm blunt & say what I think. I tiptoe around no no one. Maybe that's wrong to some people but that's just me & if someone can tell me why it's  wrong, I have no problem listening.

 

I'm not surprised you would deny my words. We deny that we're tired, we deny that we're scared, we deny how badly we want to succeed. And most importantly, we deny that we're in denial. Denial has a way of sneaking up & biting us in the butt.

 

You say you did not ask the mods to ban Dwight? I read the post where you said you were going to report him, as I'm sure others did too. If you didn't want him banned, what was your intent to report him for?

Ronnie and O No did post messages chastising Dwight, but I didn't see where they posted they were going to report him as you did.

 

I have only reported someone ONE time & it's been so long ago, I honestly can't remember why or who it was.

 

You say only a few people have persisted in bringing families & spouses into discussions in a negative  manner. You have always been persistent in mentioning that your wife is Filipino. It may not be considered negative but why do you do that? Many of us have asked you that but you always refuse to answer. Is it supposed to impress us in some way?

 

I remember when Deep was banned for flying that banner in a message aimed at you & I remember you told him that you were going to report him. I’ve read many times where you made the threat to report people. I don’t know that you reported them but I do know you made the threat.

 

Why should I care that you had a problem for the TD to fix, much less that I would need Joy to attest to it????

 

One more thing, Bill. I'm not your friend, nor do I want to be. I do feel sorry for you & this need you have to condemn people. I believe that stems from a self esteem problem & a low opinion of yourself. Anyone that is constantly putting others down has a need to make themselves feel good.

 

I believe we should try to make people feel good, encourage them. You never know when someone may need an encouraging word, or be shown some kindness, especially behind a computer screen. I have no problem discussing the Bible, having scripture put out there to prove/disprove something. I'm all about learning, someone giving me something to ponder on that I may not have ever thought about before. It's all about how a person goes about it. You go about it all wrong & I can't see how a loving/compassionate God (if He exist) can be pleased with your type of condemning people.

 

I wish you no ill will, I just feel sorry for you & the type of Christianity you put out there.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Originally Posted by Infomercial:

Folks, this is the "Religion" forum. Now, I try to live right, but am not perfect. I would not intentionally tell a lie. What does it look like to atheists and those simply trying to decide if God exists if they read this?

 

It's either/or. Is Bill Gray telling a lie? Is Semiannual Chick telling a lie? We have to decide for ourselves. I know what I believe. But it is sad that there have to be sides in something like this. It's sad when people see the need to lie just to get attention.

____________________________________

I understand where where you're coming from but my comments about Bill trying to get me banned is just that....a comment. I am not trying to convince anyone, & don't care if anyone believes me or not. Bill knows the truth, as do I. The times I've made the comment is when it's mentioned that someone else has been banned, or has been reported. I'm not asking for anyone to "take my side". We can agree/disagree without having to take anyone's side. We agree or disagree because it's our opinion, nothing more, nothing less.

 

It is sad when someone will lie to get attention but there is people that do that. I'm curious how you think my comments about my getting banned is somehow to get attention? I'm not here to get any kind of attention. I'm here to learn & because most of the people here I truly like. I don't care if they're believers or non-believers. It all comes down to how we treat others.

We may not know each other personally, only as much as we can know someone behind a computer, but I believe you can somewhat know someone just by daily conversations with them & how they see things.

May not be your opinion but it's mine.

 

I have a question for you. What does it look like to atheists & those simply trying to decide if God exists if they read about Bill's condemnation & constant judgment of others? Where's the love/compassion?

 

Originally Posted by semiannualchick:
Originally Posted by Infomercial:

Folks, this is the "Religion" forum. Now, I try to live right, but am not perfect. I would not intentionally tell a lie. What does it look like to atheists and those simply trying to decide if God exists if they read this?

 

It's either/or. Is Bill Gray telling a lie? Is Semiannual Chick telling a lie? We have to decide for ourselves. I know what I believe. But it is sad that there have to be sides in something like this. It's sad when people see the need to lie just to get attention.

____________________________________

I understand where where you're coming from but my comments about Bill trying to get me banned is just that....a comment. I am not trying to convince anyone, & don't care if anyone believes me or not. Bill knows the truth, as do I. The times I've made the comment is when it's mentioned that someone else has been banned, or has been reported. I'm not asking for anyone to "take my side". We can agree/disagree without having to take anyone's side. We agree or disagree because it's our opinion, nothing more, nothing less.

 

It is sad when someone will lie to get attention but there is people that do that. I'm curious how you think my comments about my getting banned is somehow to get attention? I'm not here to get any kind of attention. I'm here to learn & because most of the people here I truly like. I don't care if they're believers or non-believers. It all comes down to how we treat others.

We may not know each other personally, only as much as we can know someone behind a computer, but I believe you can somewhat know someone just by daily conversations with them & how they see things.

May not be your opinion but it's mine.

 

I have a question for you. What does it look like to atheists & those simply trying to decide if God exists if they read about Bill's condemnation & constant judgment of others? Where's the love/compassion?

 


_____________________________________

 

I just said both could not be telling the truth. I didn't say if I thought you or if I though Bill lied. I just saw a photo of (I guess) Dwight/Wooly thumbing his nose at Bill. I would guess that is what got him banned.

 

You can report someone to get a post deleted can't you? Why do you think it's only to have someone banned? And really I never know how to take you, chick. Look at that smiley face after one of your sentences. It looks like you're laughing at me. I really don't care if you do. I'm sure I've been laughed at plenty of times, but with your attitude I'm sure you have too. In fact I know you have since I got some comments when I mentioned losing a child. I'm sorry you lost a child in death and I won't play phychologist too often, but maybe that's the root of needing attention or reassurance or whatever.

Semi,

 

I have reported posts or threads, to get the mods to remove the thread or post, but not with the intention or desire to get anyone banned. I thought we could report individual items without getting someone banned.  Exception-those spammer ads that were popping up everywhere a few months ago. I DID try to get them banned.

 

It has to be something that I consider really bad for me to report it. I don't offend that easily.

I've never thought you posted anything that needed to be reported.

 

As for this quote from you:

"I have a question for you. What does it look like to atheists & those simply trying to decide if God exists if they read about Bill's condemnation & constant judgment of others? Where's the love/compassion?" - It probably makes them think "if he's a reflection of God, I want no part of it." That is unfortunate, because in my opinion, he is not a true reflection of HIM.  God is Great! He has blessed me in so many ways. I can't explain it, I can't prove He exists, I can't persuade anyone else one way or the other. I can't debate scriptures all day long. I just know in my heart that He is real.    

 

 

Infomercial, I don't think you are reading the emoticons accurately. A smiley face is just that - a smile. It is most often used to indicate that no one means any offence by what they posted. It is another way of saying "peace".

 

A LAUGHING face, indicates GOOD NATURED laughter most of the time, although I have used it myself on occasion to laugh at an outrageous post.

 

With all of the new emoticons available on this newer version of the forum, one can express just about any feeling. Something grosses you out, you put up one of these - .  Someone posts something inanae, put one of these bad boys up - . If you want to razz someone, post one of these - . If someone makes you angry, . Embarrassed? Try this - . Confused? - . Shocked? - .

 

But a smile is always a smile, and should never be mistaken for someone laughing at you. Especially in this case. I know Semi well enough to know that she would never laugh at someone without explaining WHY.

 

So, peace out.

 

quote:   Originally Posted by Infomercial:

Folks, this is the "Religion" forum. Now, I try to live right, but am not perfect.  I would not intentionally tell a lie. 


What does it look like to atheists and those simply trying to decide if God exists if they read this?

 

It's either/or.  Is Bill Gray telling a lie?  Is Semiannual Chick telling a lie?  We have to decide for ourselves.  I know what I believe.  But it is sad that there have to be sides in something like this.  It's sad when people see the need to lie just to get attention.


Hi Info,

 

First, my goal and my desire is NOT to ask anyone to take sides.  My goal is to lay the facts on the table, in one post, with as much info as available -- so that folks can better understand what has transpired.   Better to see all the facts on one table -- than to have bits and pieces spread over multiple posts and discussions.

 

You ask, "What does it look like to atheists and those simply trying to decide if God exists if they read this?"

 

Hopefully, it will look like what it is -- believers and non-believers having dialogues over issues where we may agree or disagree.  But, doing it in a civil, non-antagonistic fashion.   That is my sincere desire; to encourage all of us to discuss issues without getting nasty, throwing rocks, making accusations, and name calling. 

 

I can agree with you -- or I can disagree with you -- and still consider you my Friend.  That is my desire for all of us on the Religion Forum.

 

And, even if we cannot reach this goal; at least by encouraging more folks to try this non-antagonistic pathway -- our Forum will be more interesting, more civil, and we can have more intelligent discussions.  I pray that is the goal of all who come here to communicate with other members.

 

This could encourage many of those who are only readers to jump into the pool, become forum members, and begin to join in our discussions.

 

So "What does it look like to atheists and those simply trying to decide if God exists if they read this?"

 

I pray that it looks like a Friendly Forum where we all can come and learn.  But, it should never become a Forum where those with strong beliefs and faith would have to surrender or compromise their faith -- just to be accepted.

 

God bless, have a wonderful, blessed day,

 

Bill

I pray that it looks like a Friendly Forum where we all can come and learn.  But, it should never become a Forum where those with strong beliefs and faith would have to surrender or compromise their faith -- just to be accepted

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Ahhhhhh, if only that was what you truly wanted. What you mean is everyone besides mormons, atheists, and anyone else that doesn't believe like you shouldn't have to surrender or compromise their faith. What would you like to "learn" bill? Seems to me you think you know it all already.

Originally Posted by Bestworking:

I pray that it looks like a Friendly Forum where we all can come and learn.  But, it should never become a Forum where those with strong beliefs and faith would have to surrender or compromise their faith -- just to be accepted

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Ahhhhhh, if only that was what you truly wanted. What you mean is everyone besides mormons, atheists, and anyone else that doesn't believe like you shouldn't have to surrender or compromise their faith. What would you like to "learn" bill? Seems to me you think you know it all already.

----------------------------------------

Seems like you hit it right on the head there, Best

Billie has an unholy agenda.

.

Originally Posted by Infomercial:
I just said both could not be telling the truth. I didn't say if I thought you or if I though Bill lied. I just saw a photo of (I guess) Dwight/Wooly thumbing his nose at Bill. I would guess that is what got him banned.

 

You can report someone to get a post deleted can't you? Why do you think it's only to have someone banned? And really I never know how to take you, chick. Look at that smiley face after one of your sentences. It looks like you're laughing at me. I really don't care if you do. I'm sure I've been laughed at plenty of times, but with your attitude I'm sure you have too. In fact I know you have since I got some comments when I mentioned losing a child. I'm sorry you lost a child in death and I won't play phychologist too often, but maybe that's the root of needing attention or reassurance or whatever.

_______________________________

Why would you say that’s it’s sad that there have to be sides in something like this, if you weren’t trying to decide who’s side to be on? I don’t want you or anyone else “on my side”. If you agree with something I say, so be it. If you agree with Bill, so be it, I don’t care either way. I don’t think anyone is here to win any popularity contest, I know I’m certainly not.

 

I didn’t see the picture you’re speaking of. If someone were to thumb their nose at me, I would take it they didn’t like me & move on. I wouldn’t see it as ban worthy. Yes, you can report a post in hopes it will get deleted but usually they ban the person that made the post, not always but usually.

 

As to the smiley faces, O No explained it perfectly. I think you’ve mentioned it before about my using smiley faces. Why is it you feel the need to reprimand me for using a smiley face? I see people using them on here all the time, & have never seen you reprimand anyone else. If you don’t understand them & what they are for read

O No’s post carefully, & maybe you will understand.

 

And this has me completely confused. Why would you say with my attitude you’re sure I have been laughed at too? My attitude? Can you explain to me exactly what my attitude is?

 

And with this one, it seems you’re intentionally being cruel. “I'm sorry you lost a child in death and I won't play phychologist too often, but maybe that's the root of needing attention or reassurance or whatever”.

Why would you think I need attention or reassurance? Yes, I lost a child & would never wish that on anyone. Yes, I did see a grief counselor, whom was a psychologist.

Do you think a person has to be crazy to see a grief counselor? It’s no more than to help someone thru the grieving process, to help them cope with the symptoms & changes in their life when they have lost a child.

You’re sorry I lost a child but in the same breath (sentence),  you tell me I need “attention or reassurance or whatever”? But you won’t play psychologist?

That’s exactly what you just did, & in a very cruel way.

 

 

Originally Posted by O No!:

Infomercial, I don't think you are reading the emoticons accurately. A smiley face is just that - a smile.

 

So, peace out.

 

___________________________

Thank you, my friend, you explained it perfectly.

Now I'm curious to see if Infomercial will reprimand you as he has me for using them.

Originally Posted by canade:

Semi,

I have reported posts or threads, to get the mods to remove the thread or post, but not with the intention or desire to get anyone banned. I thought we could report individual items without getting someone banned.  Exception-those spammer ads that were popping up everywhere a few months ago. I DID try to get them banned.

It has to be something that I consider really bad for me to report it. I don't offend that easily.

I've never thought you posted anything that needed to be reported.

As for this quote from you:

"I have a question for you. What does it look like to atheists & those simply trying to decide if God exists if they read about Bill's condemnation & constant judgment of others? Where's the love/compassion?" -

 

It probably makes them think "if he's a reflection of God, I want no part of it." That is unfortunate, because in my opinion, he is not a true reflection of HIM.  God is Great! He has blessed me in so many ways. I can't explain it, I can't prove He exists, I can't persuade anyone else one way or the other. I can't debate scriptures all day long. I just know in my heart that He is real.  

____________________________________

"I've never thought you posted anything that needed to be reported".

Thank you, I needed a kind word today. It may not seem like much to you but it did to me.

 

Yes, I have reported a post to get it deleted too. Have you ever noticed that usually the person that made that post eventually ends up getting banned?

 

The part of your post that I put in bold print was very well put & very true.

I'm really glad that God has blessed you, but I'm even more glad to hear that you don't feel the need to persuade anyone else that He does exist.

 

 

Semi, you are a very nice person and you seem to have Bill's number on this forum. I like the way you call him on his mean and snide remarks to others. I wish though you would just ignore him. He is not worth your time. He is beneath you and most everyone else here.

 

Infomercial, you are a a s s hole for throwing up the fact that Semi has lost a child and then using it to try and analyze her. I bet you call yourself a Christian too. What kind of idiot doesn't understand what the emoticons stand for?

Originally Posted by Road Puppy:

You an' Dwight still winnin' hearts an' minds, eh, BeeG?

EL-OH-EL.

 If I was you, I'd look iinto another line o' work. 

______________________________

He can't. God gave Bill the gift of writing. I choose to believe it was Satan that gave it to him. His writings to seem to depict the work of Satan.

Jennifer/Bestworking, I like Bill's writing on Sheffield. I live there now and learned some things from him. I'm Episcopalian and don't like religious jokes. I've seen you make some. It doesn't win any arguments or friends. Yes, I know you say you are not here to make friends, but it doesn't help with your arguments against religion. Some readers will just skip over what you say even if it has merit because of that.

 

Bill, I think you come across too rough, but I think you mean well. I agree you should call someone out who misspeaks against you.

 

Info, I think you need to explain your apology. It didn't come across right for whatever reason.

 

Ohno, you should have waited for Info to reply before criticizing him again. Maybe he doesn't have computer access right now.

 

Semi, I'd be very interested in how you KNOW Bill is trying to get you banned. If you don't KNOW it, you owe him an apology. If you do know it, unless it's some confidential information, you should tell us how you know it.

 

Wooly, if you're still here. Bringing someone's family into something is as low as you can go. If I had any respect for you, I don't now.

Jennifer/Bestworking, I like Bill's writing on Sheffield. I live there now and learned some things from him. I'm Episcopalian and don't like religious jokes. I've seen you make some. It doesn't win any arguments or friends.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anything anyone wants to know about sheffield or any of their hometowns they can find out right at home or on the net. What jokes? I only remember one "joke" I ever posted and it was about a nursing home and had nothing to do with religion. Maybe you're calling something else a joke. Now if I'm making all those "jokes" you should be able to show me a few of them. BTW, did you like bill's "joke" about april fool's day? Did you even get the joke and if you did could you explain it to the rest of us??

Semi, I'd be very interested in how you KNOW Bill is trying to get you banned. If you don't KNOW it, you owe him an apology. If you do know it, unless it's some confidential information, you should tell us how you know it.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I'd be interested in knowing why you think it's any of your business how she knows and why you think she should have to tell you or anyone else. How's the fireman, ghm doing "shuga"?

Originally Posted by O No!:

DA, this isn't the first time this person has attacked Semi. I don't know who he or she is, but whoever it is is beneath contempt. You and I don't agree very often, but this time you pegged him - he IS an ASS!


_______________________

 

First you said "peace out." Then you said I was an ass. I didn't have a chance to answer your first post since I usually just post when I'm on the road. If you call an apology an attack I'd hate to see what you'd call a real attack. But I used a smiley face so that makes it o.k. I've never attacked semi, I've said and Bill has said and others have said she comes across as rude sometimes. Oh, no is the only one who debates for the Christian side that semi seems to like, so yes I consider her not someone who comes to learn, but just to question God. My cousin who lost a child was that way-that's all I meant. As for Bill, I'm a Baptist and I don't agree with how he comes across either. I do think you shouldn't say you know something unless you really do. See, that wasn't critical because I used a smiley. Shuga, is that a better apology? Now, I've got to go kill some tramps down by the railyard. Peace out.

Originally Posted by DarkAngel:

Semi, you are a very nice person and you seem to have Bill's number on this forum. I like the way you call him on his mean and snide remarks to others. I wish though you would just ignore him. He is not worth your time. He is beneath you and most everyone else here.

 

Infomercial, you are a a s s hole for throwing up the fact that Semi has lost a child and then using it to try and analyze her. I bet you call yourself a Christian too. What kind of idiot doesn't understand what the emoticons stand for?


_______________________

 

I understand it's like that episode of Raymond where he calls his wife "smelly feet" but in a nice voice. You can say anything rude as long as you put a smiley after it. Right?

Originally Posted by ShugaPush:

Jennifer/Bestworking, I like Bill's writing on Sheffield. I live there now and learned some things from him. I'm Episcopalian and don't like religious jokes. I've seen you make some. It doesn't win any arguments or friends. Yes, I know you say you are not here to make friends, but it doesn't help with your arguments against religion. Some readers will just skip over what you say even if it has merit because of that.

 

Bill, I think you come across too rough, but I think you mean well. I agree you should call someone out who misspeaks against you.

 

Info, I think you need to explain your apology. It didn't come across right for whatever reason.

 

Ohno, you should have waited for Info to reply before criticizing him again. Maybe he doesn't have computer access right now.

 

Semi, I'd be very interested in how you KNOW Bill is trying to get you banned. If you don't KNOW it, you owe him an apology. If you do know it, unless it's some confidential information, you should tell us how you know it.

 

Wooly, if you're still here. Bringing someone's family into something is as low as you can go. If I had any respect for you, I don't now.

___________________________

You’ve seen Jenn makes religious jokes??? Why just pick her out? I’ve made them, as has others, & even your friend Bill has. Jenn has been put down, ridiculed, & made fun of. And a lot of it was by Christian people. She's handled it with a lot more class than I would have.

 

If anyone’s post doesn’t have merit, it’s those of Bill Gray. Most of the time, people here skip over them because we know what it’s going to say. He must be the one here to make friends because he always makes sure to let everyone know their his friend, when most of us are not, & have no desire to be.

 

Anything you want to find out about Sheffield can be found on the internet or at the library.

 

Bill doesn’t mean well, & rough doesn’t even begin to cover it. He means his post exactly as we read them…which is mean & the condemning of others. He wouldn't know love/compassion if it walked up & bit him on the ass.

 

I don’t know who Info was supposed to have apologized to but I didn’t see an apology anyplace. Maybe I missed it? Exactly what was O No supposed to wait for? Can we not make a post when we feel the need to? Info has the habit of making rude post & disappearing.

 

No, I don’t owe Bill anything & what gives you the right to tell me I do? Why wouldn’t you say Bill owes me an apology?  Bill knows the truth, though he will deny, deny, deny. All of you will see the truth when I'm banned.

 

Yes, it is confidential information & I wouldn’t share it if it wasn’t & if I did, it would be in an email with only those I trust.

 

You think bringing someone's family into something is as low as a person can go? What about Bill? He has made some of the worse jokes, making fun of people & putting them down. He just recently made a post to a member implying this member liked little boys & young men. That was far from a joke. It was rude, nasty, & should be reported.

 

Originally Posted by Infomercial:

I've never attacked semi, I've said and Bill has said and others have said she comes across as rude sometimes. Oh, no is the only one who debates for the Christian side that semi seems to like, so yes I consider her not someone who comes to learn, but just to question God. My cousin who lost a child was that way-that's all I meant.

__________________________________

You've come against me before over the smileys faces. Most everyone on this forum uses them, but I'm the one you come after.

 

Yes, I can be rude, I'm not going to say I haven't. What exactly would you call Bill? Do you think he's nice in his judgment of others? The Christian side that Semi seems to like? O No has been good to me. She's one of those Christians you can depend on & she hasn't judged me for the many shortcomings I have.

I'm against anyone's mistreatment of others. I don't care if they're believers, non-believers, Christians, red, yellow, white, black, green or blue.

You will know exactly where you stand with me. I'm blunt, to the point, & try to impress no one.

 

And, yes, I do come here to learn & have learned a lot, & hope to continue to learn. If my questioning God can give me some answers, then I have learned something. If you think that's wrong, then I pity you.

 

No two people handle grief the same way. Exactly what do you mean about your cousin who lost a child being "that way"? Is there a right or wrong way to handle losing a child?

I don't know how people CAN handle the death of a child so I am certainly not going to tell anyone that they are handling it wrong. I don't think there is a wrong way. Want to talk about a hell? That my friend has to be a "hell on earth" as the saying goes. So to me whatever helps a person cope or get through it to the point they can have one day not filled with pain is fine by me. And as to how long it takes, you can't put a time limit on it. Unless you personally have gone through that hell you can't possibly understand the grief they have. I could go out on a limb and add especially a mother losing her child. And it is not because fathers love their children less. My husband absolutely loves our children as much as I do, but I honestly think a mother's grief is more intense. I guess I will get attacked for that but any mother on here should know what I mean. So semi let me say this, don't worry about what other people think. I don't see it as needing "attention" and if anyone else sees it that way that's their problem.

Infomercial, I don't know what it is that you have against Semi, but NOBODY attacks my friends without hearing from me. If you want to participate in these "hit and run" style attacks, you should just refrain from posting at all. If it is true that you are only on the computer once in a while, then don't attack people, and then complain when people call you on it.

 

And it WAS an attack. We can all see that. Sonext time you're "on the road", maybe you ought to just leave the laptop at home.

Originally Posted by Bestworking:

I pray that it looks like a Friendly Forum where we all can come and learn.  But, it should never become a Forum where those with strong beliefs and faith would have to surrender or compromise their faith -- just to be accepted

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Ahhhhhh, if only that was what you truly wanted. What you mean is everyone besides mormons, atheists, and anyone else that doesn't believe like you shouldn't have to surrender or compromise their faith. What would you like to "learn" bill? Seems to me you think you know it all already.


Best, that is what I thought when I read Bill's comment.  The "just to be accepted" part made me think of how many times others are rejected because they don't follow Bill's beliefs exactly.  Acceptance?  When I have mentioned acceptance or tolerance of others' beliefs in the past here I have been told that the concept doesn't follow  Christian teachings since Christians have higher standards and don't accept those other belief systems.  

 

I do not mean the majority of Christians here...just a very small minority.  So I find it fascinating and ironic that Bill states what I bolded.  Seriously, if we don't all fall in line and agree with you, Bill, and surrender or compromise our own beliefs to fit yours then you do not accept us.  Interesting you are the one who said those words when you are the one who has been intolerant and made fun of all other beliefs than yours.  You are right.  It shouldn't be a forum where you have to pretend to be a certain religion to be accepted.  This is part of a generalized problem in the south, and it is sad to see it even here where we could be able to share without being harassed or belittled.

 

I can tell you that I wouldn't want to start a thread about whatever I happen to believe knowing that anything I say will be torn to shreds, ridiculed, and used against me forever here.  I don't agree with some beliefs and that is fine since I don't have to live them if I don't believe, but I wouldn't sit here and make fun of someone or try to convince her she was totally wrong.  That isn't how conversation works if we want to have a "Friendly Forum".

 

quote:   Originally Posted by Jennifer Bestworking:

I don't know how people CAN handle the death of a child, so I am certainly not going to tell anyone that they are handling it wrong.  I don't think there is a wrong way.  Want to talk about a hell?  That my friend has to be a "hell on earth" as the saying goes.  So to me whatever helps a person cope or get through it to the point they can have one day not filled with pain is fine by me.  And as to how long it takes, you can't put a time limit on it. 

 

Unless you personally have gone through that hell, you can't possibly understand the grief they have.  I could go out on a limb and add, especially a mother losing her childAnd it is not because fathers love their children less.  My husband absolutely loves our children as much as I do, but I honestly think a mother's grief is more intense.  I guess I will get attacked for that but any mother on here should know what I mean.  So, Semi, let me say this, don't worry about what other people think.  I don't see it as needing "attention" and if anyone else sees it that way that's their problem.


Hi Jennifer,

 

I agree with you 100%.  Even though both parents love a child -- the mother's feelings toward a child she has carried, nurtured, and loved within her own body for nine months has no worldly comparison, except possibly God's love for us.

 

When Chick wrote that she had lost a child, my heart hurt for her.   I have lost a number of loved ones -- parents, very close relatives, and other loved ones.  But, that cannot begin to compare to even the thought of losing a child or a grandchild.  I am not sure how I would or could handle that.  So, my heart does go out to Chick. 

 

And, if Chick, or anyone, chooses to share something like this with us on the Religion Forum -- she should be able to do that without anyone making this part of any argument, debate, or disagreement.  That is the comfort we should be able to offer one another in such a time; just to be there to listen -- to be a needed shoulder and sounding board, not a critic.

 

God bless, have a wonderful, blessed day,

 

Bill

Originally Posted by semiannualchick:

Where are you trying to go with this, Bill? To try & make me look bad? To try & make me look like a liar? To try & make yourself look good? (Is that even possible?)

I don't care because people already have a formed opinion of me. I'm blunt & say what I think. I tiptoe around no no one. Maybe that's wrong to some people but that's just me & if someone can tell me why it's  wrong, I have no problem listening.

 

I'm not surprised you would deny my words. We deny that we're tired, we deny that we're scared, we deny how badly we want to succeed. And most importantly, we deny that we're in denial. Denial has a way of sneaking up & biting us in the butt.

 

You say you did not ask the mods to ban Dwight? I read the post where you said you were going to report him, as I'm sure others did too. If you didn't want him banned, what was your intent to report him for?

Ronnie and O No did post messages chastising Dwight, but I didn't see where they posted they were going to report him as you did.

 

I have only reported someone ONE time & it's been so long ago, I honestly can't remember why or who it was.

 

You say only a few people have persisted in bringing families & spouses into discussions in a negative  manner. You have always been persistent in mentioning that your wife is Filipino. It may not be considered negative but why do you do that? Many of us have asked you that but you always refuse to answer. Is it supposed to impress us in some way?

 

I remember when Deep was banned for flying that banner in a message aimed at you & I remember you told him that you were going to report him. I’ve read many times where you made the threat to report people. I don’t know that you reported them but I do know you made the threat.

 

Why should I care that you had a problem for the TD to fix, much less that I would need Joy to attest to it????

 

One more thing, Bill. I'm not your friend, nor do I want to be. I do feel sorry for you & this need you have to condemn people. I believe that stems from a self esteem problem & a low opinion of yourself. Anyone that is constantly putting others down has a need to make themselves feel good.

 

I believe we should try to make people feel good, encourage them. You never know when someone may need an encouraging word, or be shown some kindness, especially behind a computer screen. I have no problem discussing the Bible, having scripture put out there to prove/disprove something. I'm all about learning, someone giving me something to ponder on that I may not have ever thought about before. It's all about how a person goes about it. You go about it all wrong & I can't see how a loving/compassionate God (if He exist) can be pleased with your type of condemning people.

 

I wish you no ill will, I just feel sorry for you & the type of Christianity you put out there.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Here it is, Semi, you said on OCTOBER 5TH at 10:29 a.m. you had only reported one person, not on Sept. 30th. . Then on October 6th, only one day after, you said you had reported Bill. I like the part of Bill that posts on other things but religion. I don't want to see him or anyone railroaded. Don't want to see him railroad anybody either.

Add Reply

Likes (0)

×
×
×
×