What do you birds propose to do about it?

 

Let's hear from Kenny, dire and Dr. T as a start, then others feel free to jump right in.

Original Post

Well lets go back to when this administration failed to negotiate the status of forces agreement in Iraq and simply walked away and hasn't looked back.  There is no leadership or strategy.  This administration wanted out no matter what the costs and now you are witnessing them.  All the blood and treasure this country shed was wasted because the citizens of this country were duped into electing a feckless, naive idiot who is incapable of leadership.

 

If I were Obama I wouldn't be in this mess.  What would I do if I were Obama?  Apologize to the American people and resign.

Last edited by Chuck Farley

Ship in arms and munitions to the Kurds, under the auspices of the CIA. Treat ISIS like a human version of Ebola -- isolate, eradicate and terminate.  Use air power and CIA forward observer assets to identify them.. Let Kurds and Iraqis hunt down the rest.  Unfortunately, the Iranians will join in the hunt. Let the Iranians and ISIS kill each other with abandon. 

be quiet Farley. I told you to wait.

 

you can't even read the question. I asked what dire, t and Kenny are going to do.

 

dire is going to: "isolate, eradicate and terminateUse air power and CIA forward observer assets to identify them..[he's gonna] Let Kurds and Iraqis hunt down the rest.  Unfortunately, the Iranians will join in the hunt. [he's gonna]Let the Iranians and ISIS kill each other with abandon."

 

He says he is gonna. We'll see. 

 

now what is t and Kenny gonna do?

 

when the Afghan defeated the Russians, with help from our CIA, the average age of an afghani was 14.. instead of educating them and providing a humanitarian effort, we abandon them and groups like the taliban moved in to 'educate' these young teens.. now, they are today's terrorists.

It's a complete and total cluster#$%. 

 

We should have NEVER been over there to begin with. It is why I was against our involvement in Iraq.

 

I really do not know what the answer is. If we go in and eliminate ISIS there will be another group that will take their place. 

 

These people have been fighting over religion for 2,000 years yet we are arrogant enough to think they will embrace our version of democracy.

 

 

Remember the reason for invading Iraq!:

 

ISIS and WMD

 

Recently there have been contradictory reports about whether ISIS forces have uncovered a complex with stockpiles of WMD in Iraq. "We do not believe that the complex contains CW materials of military value," the U.S. State Department said on the ISIS matter of WMD discovery. They express concern, but both the CIA and the United Kingdom have admitted downplaying the issue to waylay fears on the ground in Iraq. "It is doubtful that ISIS has the expertise to use a fully functioning chemical munition, but there are materials on site that could be used in an improvised explosive device," Hamish de Bretton-Gordon, a former commander of Britain's chemical weapons regiment, said on the issue. However, ISIS could well have the expertise to develop useable WMDs, if not now, in the foreseeable future. The West underestimates the capabilities of local militias at their peril. The underestimation of local forces and over-estimation of Western invincibility, by the United States specifically, is surely a central reason why ISIS has designated conquered territory in Syria and Iraq a caliphate.

 

A former commander of Britain's chemical weapons regiment has warned, "We have seen that ISIS has used chemicals in explosions in Iraq before and has carried out experiments in Syria." ISIS bears the hallmarks to wreak greater havoc. One, there is a despotic nature to the ISIS leadership. Two, ISIS is comprised of radicalized forces—radical enough that al Qaeda has distanced themselves from ISIS. And three, there are many engineers amongst ISIS. Is it thus likely that concrete bunkers would impede such a militant group from an objective of conquering the world via massive destruction? They seem hell-bent on using any force at their disposal regardless of the consequences. In his article for Townhall.com titled "Obama hands ISIS WMD," John Nantz warned that if mustard and sarin agents are present in Iraq, then the remnants of a nuclear program are possibly there as well. Whether ISIS has access to one such program could really be a matter of time. Already ISIS has uncovered 40 kg of nuclear material from Mosul University.

http://www.worldpress.org/Mideast/4019.cfm

 

Obama might be set for a redo if a large city is hit in a practice run.

Originally Posted by Crash.Override:

when the Afghan defeated the Russians, with help from our CIA, the average age of an afghani was 14.. instead of educating them and providing a humanitarian effort, we abandon them and groups like the taliban moved in to 'educate' these young teens.. now, they are today's terrorists.

__________________________________________

We have the experience of the Soviets, the early Brits and our own in Afghanistan.  Nation building isn't a good idea there. After destroying and running off the Talib and al Qaeda, the best bet was to use the airfield at Bagram for a couple of months to round up those we could, give the keys to the government HQ to a strong warlord with the warning, "don't give us a reason to come back."

 

Alexander the Great didn't do well there either.  But, they did name a city after him.

ISIS controls an area the size of Great Britain and have over $500 million available from banks seized in Iraq and Syria.  Defunding their operations, like we did with al Qaeda is another tactic -- close their accounts, issue warrants for the fund managers and threaten the banks with retaliation -- no transactions honored in US or EU.  Russians would even buy off on that.

 

Congrats, Obama, you've killed Osama.  And, left Libya and Syria is worse shape, let more terrorists groups grow larger, more powerful, wealthier and crazier than al Qaeda. 

bush invaded iraq.. and started the U.S. involvement in the whole mess.. and now, it's all obama's fault.. rt. wingnut logic.. you can just make it up as you go.

GW owns Iraq. We shoulda left Hussein in power just like we should probably leave Assad in power. The best we can do now is support the Kurds and let them deal with ISIS in their area.

ISIS got their power in Syria.  They owe their start to Obama and France's Hollande.  Remember Obama called them a JV team/ 

lets get this straight.. ISIS got its start in syria... under the reign of good ole boosh.. no matter how many times dire blames obama.. the entire world knows better.. rt. wingnut logic, if you repeat a lie enough, people will believe it.

Of which, "its all Bush's fault" is another big lie. Just, no one, except a few deluded lefties, believe it any more. 

right, because all of the problems during the boosh administration were clinton's fault... i understand how it works.. it's always the democrat's fault, if you're a rt. wingnut.

Originally Posted by Crash.Override:

lets get this straight.. ISIS got its start in syria... under the reign of good ole boosh.. no matter how many times dire blames obama.. the entire world knows better.. rt. wingnut logic, if you repeat a lie enough, people will believe it.

__________________________________________________________________________

 

I think Hillary is saying it's Obama's fault:

 

President Obama has long ridiculed the idea that the U.S., early in the Syrian civil war, could have shaped the forces fighting the Assad regime, thereby stopping al Qaeda-inspired groups—like the one rampaging across Syria and Iraq today—from seizing control of the rebellion. In an interview in February, the president told me that “when you have a professional army ... fighting against a farmer, a carpenter, an engineer who started out as protesters and suddenly now see themselves in the midst of a civil conflict—the notion that we could have, in a clean way that didn’t commit U.S. military forces, changed the equation on the ground there was never true.”

 

Well, his former secretary of state, Hillary Rodham Clinton, isn’t buying it. In an interview with me earlier this week, she used her sharpest language yet to describe the "failure" that resulted from the decision to keep the U.S. on the sidelines during the first phase of the Syrian uprising.

 

“The failure to help build up a credible fighting force of the people who were the originators of the protests against Assad—there were Islamists, there were secularists, there was everything in the middle—the failure to do that left a big vacuum, which the jihadists have now filled,” Clinton said.

http://www.theatlantic.com/int...rise-of-isis/375832/

either you didn't read or you don't understand my first post.. she's talking about the gaping hole we left when we abandon the middle east, after the defeat of the russians. which was a major factor in end of the cold war.. if you rt. wingnuts want a conspiracy.. think about this.. when we had the 'cold war' america and russia were prosperous.. perhaps they,  putin and obama , are just starting the cold war again to stimulate both economies.

Last edited by Crash.Override

During the Cold War, the US was prosperous. But not because of the Cold War, but in spite of it. The Soviet Union was and, now Russia, is a third world nation with nukes.  They had one quarter the GDP of the US and spent half of that on munitions.  .  The USSR never produced enough food to feed its populace, even though Russia was the main global exporter of wheat before communism.  After the food riots in Rostov-on-Don and other cities, the Soviets imported food from the US, France and Argentina.paying in natural resources like chromite, furs, gold and other metals,  The place was so backward they set up a smuggling outfit that bought video games, imported them to Sweden and stripped out the computer chips for use -- including on their ICBMs.

Originally Posted by Crash.Override:

either you didn't read or you don't understand my first post.. she's talking about the gaping hole we left when we abandon the middle east, after the defeat of the russians. which was a major factor in end of the cold war.. if you rt. wingnuts want a conspiracy.. think about this.. when we had the 'cold war' america and russia were prosperous.. perhaps they,  putin and obama , are just starting the cold war again to stimulate both economies.

 

____________________________________________________________________________

Actually it was Obama who hit the exit running faster than a Frenchman in Iraq and the Soviets were not involved! I think you are geographically confused. ISIS is in Syria and Iraq; see the title of the tread. As to Afghanistan and the Taliban, those thugs date to 1994 during Clinton's time. I believe the only interaction Clinton had with the Taliban concerned the building of an oil pipeline and that is how the State Dept. came to know Hamid Karzai .

Well since you deiected this question at me Quail, the first thing I would suggest is that the current administration revisit their "catch and release" program.  The current leader of ISIS was a former Gitmo prisoner who was released in 2009 by Obama when it was deemed that he was no threat to people and there was no reason to hold him.  Perhaps on his way out he can pardon Charles Manson as well.

In the meantime, if this country is going to survive he better do xactly what  he is doing and use our military to attack these *******s.  They are the very ones who created the trurmoil in Syria and they will use chemical weapons if they can get their hands on them.

Originally Posted by Crash.Override:

reagan had the Taliban in the white house... you do know that, right?

__________________________________________________
Typical left wing propaganda for low information voters.Reagan met with the mujaheddin who fought the Soviets.  The Talib were a generation younger than those. They got their start with Pakistani intel (ISI)) around 1995/1996.  

typical rt. wingnut 'tell a lie enough and people believe it' propaganda.. the mujaheddin were the leaders in both the taliban and the al quaeda.. but, i'd expect no less from the rt. wingnut mouthpiece. it all goes right back to the abandoning of the young teens, in the middle east, by the FIRST boosh administration. get your facts straight before you try to call someone 'low information'.. or you can just keep telling those lies.

Last edited by Crash.Override

Left winger crying for nation building in an area that's rarely been a nation. don't most teens have parents. Now, the left wants the US to be responsible for all children, everywhere.

Originally Posted by Crash.Override:

typical rt. wingnut 'tell a lie enough and people believe it' propaganda.. the mujaheddin were the leaders in both the taliban and the al quaeda.. but, i'd expect no less from the rt. wingnut mouthpiece. it all goes right back to the abandoning of the young teens, in the middle east, by the FIRST boosh administration. get your facts straight before you try to call someone 'low information'.. or you can just keep telling those lies.

______________________________________________________________________

 

Obviously  you are too lazy to think. The problem wasn't that those Afghan kids weren't educated, it was because they were educated, at madrassas.

 

Thousands of Afghan orphans grew up never knowing Afghanistan or their parents, especially their mothers. They were schooled in Pakistan’s madrassas, religious schools which, in this case, were encouraged and financed by Pakistani and Saudi authorities to develop militantly inclined Islamists. Pakistan nurtured that corps of militants as proxy fighters in Pakistan’s ongoing conflict with over Muslim-dominated (and disputed) Kashmir. But Pakistan consciously intended to use the madrassas’ militants as leverage in its attempt to control Afghanistan as well.

http://middleeast.about.com/od...n/ss/me080914a_2.htm

wow! i had no clue the rt. wingnuts were going to rewrite history.. i'm sorry you're too apathetic to get the facts.. a generation of kids educated by the now leaders of these terrorist organizations.. terrorists left in charge by bush 1... now, we're reaping the consequences of our actions or our 'inaction'.. we had the chance to educated and inform a generation.. our choice, under the republicans, was to just walk away.. and it's all obama's fault.. the rt. wingnut mantra.

There is a generational difference between mujahedin and Taliban. In fact two mujahedin groups made up the Northern Alliance against the younger generation's Taliban before the 2001 butt-kicking. Again, the Taliban and mujahedin are separate entities with the Taliban being formed in 1994 (after boosh, the time of Slick Willie). As to formal western education in a backwards country with a civil war going on, lots of luck recruiting teachers. 

 

Following the Soviet withdrawal from Afghanistan in 1989 and the collapse of Najibullah's Soviet-backed regime in 1992, the country fell into chaos as various mujahideen factions fought for control. Omar returned to Singesar and founded a madrassah.[24] According to one legend, in 1994, he had a dream in which a woman told him: "We need your help; you must rise. You must end the chaos. Allah will help you."[24] Mullah Omar started his movement with less than 50 armed madrassah students, known simply as the Taliban (Students). His recruits came from sand madrassahs in Afghanistan and from the Afghan refugee camps across the border in Pakistan. They fought against the rampant corruption that had emerged in the civil war period and were initially welcomed by Afghans weary of warlord rule. Reportedly, in early 1994, Omar led 30 men armed with 16 rifles to free youths who had been kidnapped and raped by a warlord, hanging the local commander from a tank gun barrel. The youths were two young girls. His movement gained momentum through the year, and he quickly gathered recruits from Islamic schools. By November 1994, Omar's movement managed to capture the whole of the Kandahar Province and then captured Herat in September 1995.[25 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammed_Omar

your argument is proving my point.. the young teens left in afghanistan are NOW the terrorists we are fighting.. at one time, we had the chance to educate them and show them how the US helped.. instead, the republican led, at that time, US just abandon them... what followed is a direct result of our inaction.. you're arguing my point for me. this is hilarious. if it happens under a republican, it's the previous democrat's fault.. if it happens under a democrat, it's all his fault.. rt. wingnut logic.

Last edited by Crash.Override
Originally Posted by Crash.Override:

your argument is proving my point.. the young teens in afghanistan are NOW the terrorists we are fighting.. at one time, we had the chance to educate them and show them how the US helped.. instead, the republican led, at that time, US just abandon them... what followed is a direct result of our inaction.. you're arguing my point for me. this is hilarious. if it happens under a republican, it's the previous democrat's fault.. if it happens under a democrat, it's all his fault.. rt. wingnut logic.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Life is easy when one believes in the power of magic wands. Just what can one do in a backwards third world country. No one has ever completely pacified Afghanistan to the point where one could offer aid like building schools and infrastructure. Also what hypocrisy it is to read such tripe from a follower of "it sux to be you" Obama after his long abandonment of the suffering people of the Middle East except when Obama's popularity finally tanked in an election year. After November it's likely to revert to "it sux to be you" again.

`Stanky, This is embarrassing, even for Crash.  He's ranting about terrorists a thousand miles from Syria and Iraq.  If, he keeps up, he'll be as dumb as old Squirrelly Dawg == from low information to no information.

Originally Posted by direstraits:

`Stanky, This is embarrassing, even for Crash.  He's ranting about terrorists a thousand miles from Syria and Iraq.  If, he keeps up, he'll be as dumb as old Squirrelly Dawg == from low information to no information.

___________________________________________________________________________

 

Yes, I noted that here: "I think you are geographically confused. ISIS is in Syria and Iraq; see the title of the thread." His mama needs to demand the money spent on educating him back!

Last edited by Stanky

bahahahahaha! rt. wingnut logic. they have NO CLUE about the region and resort to ,basically, 'your momma' jokes.. it doesn't get any better than that! high quality entertainment provided free of charge.

lets see, two links that go to black screens and not one clue about the movement of people across the region.. yep, wasted my money on education.. yep, high quality entertainment.

My bad, Afghanistan is sometimes listed in South-Central Asia or South Asia. Anyway it is not the Middle East. The only link to the Middle East for Afghans is the checks they receive from rich sheiks,

The Taliban were central to Afghanistan with no other geopolitical goals.  If, they had booted the al Qaeda, allied with them out of the country, the US would hace had no excuse to invade.  Again, low information liberals. 

Add Reply

Post

×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×