So, a word to the wise...and I am being generous!

 

************************************************************************************************************

 

You never use that expression correctly. You use it and then add your little "being generous" tag. Please learn the correct usage.

************************************************************************************************************************

A word to the wise is sufficient definition

 

Intelligent people can take hints; they don't need to have everything explained to them at great length.

quote:   Originally Posted by semiannualchick:
Bill, you may not change the words in someone's original post but you change our words in your reply.  How is that any different?????   You frequently modify, add to or change mine & others words, so that would make you deceitful & dishonest.

Hi Chick,

 

There are times I will correct punctuation or spelling in a person's writing when it is reposted -- but, I do not change what they have written -- nor do I add to it as Vic has done.   Don't you get tired of making false accusations -- especially when you have no valid proof?  Or, does that just come second nature to you?  Just a thought.

 

By the way, not sure if you are aware of this -- but, bolding for emphasis in NOT changing.

 

God bless, have a wonderful, blessed day,

 

Bill

Originally Posted by semiannualchick:
quote:   Originally Posted by JimiHendrix:
IIf your God exists, the buck stops with Him, and you can't spin yourself out of that.

Originally Posted by Bill Gray:

Hi Jimi,

 

YOU say He does not exist -- so your argument has no validity.   Whether He exist or not is irrelevant -- YOU say he does not exist, yet, you base your position upon the fact that He does exist

 

So, which is it?  Does He exist in your mind and you are not really an atheist, but, instead just a young non-believer who likes to argue?  Or, does He not exist -- and you have based your position on nothing?

***********************************************************************************

Bill, there you go putting words in people's mouth again.  Why do you do that?????

Jimi said IF.  [/quote]


Hi Chick,

 

If you will notice, I tell Jimi, "YOU say He does not exist -- so your argument has no validity."  

 

You will notice that I DID NOT tell Jimi, "YOU say IN THIS POST He does not exist -- so your argument has no validity. "

 

Chick, can you deny that Jimi has ever said that God does not exist?  I rest my case.

 

Chick, let me give YOU something to think about.  If folks are putting words in YOUR mouth -- could it be because YOUR mouth is ALWAYS OPEN?   As I said, just a thought.

 

God bless, have a wonderful, blessed day,

 

Bill

It matters not what I believe. If YOU believe that God exists and created all things, then you have to give him credit for everything, including diseases, natural disasters, etc. You cannot reasonably say that he created the rainbow, but monkeys created AIDs. That just makes you sound silly.

 
quote:   Originally Posted by semiannualchick:
Bill, you may not change the words in someone's original post but you change our words in your reply.  How is that any different?????   You frequently modify, add to or change mine & others words, so that would make you deceitful & dishonest.
Originally Posted by Bill Gray: 

Hi Chick,

 

There are times I will correct punctuation or spelling in a person's writing when it is reposted -- but, I do not change what they have written -- nor do I add to it as Vic has done.   Don't you get tired of making false accusations -- especially when you have no valid proof?  Or, does that just come second nature to you?  Just a thought.

 Bill

******************************************************************************************************

Bill, I stand by what I said.

Jimi said "IF God exist....

You said "YOU say He does not exist"............

He didn't say He did does not exist, that's what you changed it to. He said IF God exist.

What is so hard about that for you to understand?

 

I make false accusations??? No sir, I don't. That's your job.

 

 

Quote:   Originally Posted by JimiHendrix:
IIf your God exists, the buck stops with Him, and you can't spin yourself out of that.

Originally Posted by Bill Gray:

Hi Jimi,

 

YOU say He does not exist -- so your argument has no validity.   Whether He exist or not is irrelevant -- YOU say he does not exist, yet, you base your position upon the fact that He does exist

 

So, which is it?  Does He exist in your mind and you are not really an atheist, but, instead just a young non-believer who likes to argue?  Or, does He not exist -- and you have based your position on nothing?

***********************************************************************************

Originally Posted by semiannualchick:

Bill, there you go putting words in people's mouth again.  Why do you do that?????

Jimi said IF.  [/quote]


Originally Posted by Bill Gray:

Hi Chick,

If you will notice, I tell Jimi, "YOU say He does not exist -- so your argument has no validity."  

You will notice that I DID NOT tell Jimi, "YOU say IN THIS POST He does not exist -- so your argument has no validity. "

Chick, can you deny that Jimi has ever said that God does not exist?  I rest my case.

Chick, let me give YOU something to think about.  If folks are putting words in YOUR mouth -- could it be because YOUR mouth is ALWAYS OPEN?   As I said, just a thought.

 Bill

**********************************************************************************

I wasn't talking about "another post". I was talking about the one in which I quoted.

You have never seen me say "other folks" put words in my mouth, I said YOU do. And not just mine, you do it to a lot of people on this forum. My mouth isn't always open, it's just your MO to change people's words.

Originally Posted by JimiHendrix:

It matters not what I believe. If YOU believe that God exists and created all things, then you have to give him credit for everything, including diseases, natural disasters, etc. You cannot reasonably say that he created the rainbow, but monkeys created AIDs. That just makes you sound silly.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

jamma,,,,Who said monkeys created AIDS?

 

.

Originally Posted by semiannualchick:
 
quote:   Originally Posted by semiannualchick:
Bill, you may not change the words in someone's original post but you change our words in your reply.  How is that any different?????   You frequently modify, add to or change mine & others words, so that would make you deceitful & dishonest.
Originally Posted by Bill Gray: 

Hi Chick,

 

There are times I will correct punctuation or spelling in a person's writing when it is reposted -- but, I do not change what they have written -- nor do I add to it as Vic has done.   Don't you get tired of making false accusations -- especially when you have no valid proof?  Or, does that just come second nature to you?  Just a thought.

 Bill

******************************************************************************************************

Bill, I stand by what I said.

Jimi said "IF God exist....

You said "YOU say He does not exist"............

He didn't say He did does not exist, that's what you changed it to. He said IF God exist.

What is so hard about that for you to understand?

 

I make false accusations??? No sir, I don't. That's your job.

BTW, I have valid proof.......IF I can find it & I'll certainly try.

 

 

quote:  Originally Posted by semiannualchick:
I make false accusations???  No sir, I don't.  That's your job.  BTW, I have valid proof.......IF I can find it & I'll certainly try.

Mon Cheri,

 

I wait with bated breath for your return with your sweet proof.  Till then!

 

God bless, have a wonderful, blessed day,

 

Bill

 

On August 19, 2011 9:10 PM, in the topic "Who Created Hell" I posted that I didn’t believe you were a Christian.

 

This is your reply to that comment. You came up with the idea that this was the reason I said that……..in other words, you put words in my mouth.

 

You said:

Because I tell you that God loves you, that God wants you to be saved, that God "paid in full" for your pardon so that you can be saved and spend eternity with Him -- because I tell you, from the Bible, that if you continue to refuse His offer of the "free gift" of eternal life -- and continue to deny to allow Him to be your Lord and Savior -- that YOU are condemning yourself to an eternity in hell -- in your mind, this proves I am not a Christian.  Do I have all your evidence correct?

 

 

This is my reply:

Bill, just because I said I didn’t believe you to be a Christian, where in the world did you get it was because you tell me that God loves me, that God wants me to be saved, that God "paid in full" for my pardon so that I can be saved and spend eternity with Him -- because you tell me, from the Bible, that if I continue to refuse His offer of the "free gift" of eternal life -- and continue to deny to allow Him to be my Lord and Savior -- that I am condemning myself to an eternity in hell?????? 

No, you most certainly do not have all your evidence correct!!!  And yes, there is more but not more of what you said. You’re putting words in my mouth…..again.

 

Bill, this is not all of what either of us said but this is the part where I spoke of your putting words in my mouth. If you want to read the rest, that’s up to you.

Of course, you’re not going to agree with how I see it, because in your eyes, all of us on this forum is wrong, and you are always right.

Originally Posted by JimiHendrix:

It matters not what I believe. If YOU believe that God exists and created all things, then you have to give him credit for everything, including diseases, natural disasters, etc. You cannot reasonably say that he created the rainbow, but monkeys created AIDs. That just makes you sound silly.

 

Jimi, I gave you two examples. We'll ignore the one of man transferring diseases to different species, but go with the one where man created disease, i.e. some forms of Parvo. How is God responsible for that? Simply because I believe He created man and the material with which man created this Parvo, does that make God guilty in your eyes? If so, please explain your train of thought on that one.

 

Second, if you have a child, are you responsible for what he or she does? Are your parents responsible for your actions? With that theory, no one should ever be held responsible for any crime, since it was obviously the fault of one's great-great grandfather being wounded at Shiloh that caused the original familial dysfunction producing a mass murderer.

 

As for HAIDS coming from monkeys originally, the last I read, there has been no definitive proof of that, although it was at one time widely theorized. Even if true, there is still a species of AIDS related exclusively to these primates and most believe HAIDS was endemic in these areas of Africa for decades before its existence became known.

Originally Posted by FirenzeVeritas:
Originally Posted by JimiHendrix:

It matters not what I believe. If YOU believe that God exists and created all things, then you have to give him credit for everything, including diseases, natural disasters, etc. You cannot reasonably say that he created the rainbow, but monkeys created AIDs. That just makes you sound silly.

 

Jimi, I gave you two examples. We'll ignore the one of man transferring diseases to different species, but go with the one where man created disease, i.e. some forms of Parvo. How is God responsible for that? Simply because I believe He created man and the material with which man created this Parvo, does that make God guilty in your eyes? If so, please explain your train of thought on that one.

 

Second, if you have a child, are you responsible for what he or she does? Are your parents responsible for your actions? With that theory, no one should ever be held responsible for any crime, since it was obviously the fault of one's great-great grandfather being wounded at Shiloh that caused the original familial dysfunction producing a mass murderer.

 

As for HAIDS coming from monkeys originally, the last I read, there has been no definitive proof of that, although it was at one time widely theorized. Even if true, there is still a species of AIDS related exclusively to these primates and most believe HAIDS was endemic in these areas of Africa for decades before its existence became known.

FirenzeVitallis is a tattletail

Originally Posted by FirenzeVeritas:

Reporting your posts on here about two wonderful people having "sex" on another forum? Does that make you a cyber voyeur?

Fire, I have no problem with two absolutely wonderful people on another forum having sex. Good grief what’s wrong with that fire??????

Originally Posted by Bill Gray:

But, that, too, is irrelevant.   Leaving God out of it -- where do YOU say that HIV and AIDS originated?  And, wasn't it the result of hedonistic, worldly living?

 

God bless, have a wonderful, blessed day,

 

Bill

___________

Bill, I know you don't believe in any science that might disrupt your distorted take on the Bible, but HIV and AIDs did NOT originate as a "result of hedonistic, worldly living".   Unless bad dietary habits or chimpanzees equate to "hedonistic, worldly living" in your cult of ignorance.

 

I'm further confused by your statement above.  Did God create AIDs or was it a result of "hedonistic, worldly living"?  Two completely different things, I believe.

 

Your cult requires that God created HIV and AIDs.  Why would he create something that attacks innocent people?

Originally Posted by INVICTUS:
Originally Posted by JimiHendrix:

It matters not what I believe. If YOU believe that God exists and created all things, then you have to give him credit for everything, including diseases, natural disasters, etc. You cannot reasonably say that he created the rainbow, but monkeys created AIDs. That just makes you sound silly.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

jamma,,,,Who said monkeys created AIDS?

 

.

The University of Alabama was the first to link HIV to Chimps.  Are you saying that Bear Bryant is wrong?

Add Reply

Likes (0)
Post

×
×
×
×