There goes Jennifer again, trying to say God did some bad things. I thought there was not God Jennifer, or so you say. Make up your mind, either He exist and you refuse to follow him or He doesn't exist therefore you shouldn't be saying bad things about a mythical being as you say God is. You can't have it both ways.

There goes bill/fireman lying again. Do you see my name anywhere on that book? I posted one line: "Has anybody read this book"? Then sat back and watched the "good christians" start their little hatefest. The only place your god exists is in your mind. Harry Potter doesn't exist either, but that doesn't stop many christians from saying bad things about him. I guess that means you can have it both ways. As you've been told over and over again, atheists don't have a problem with a god that doesn't exist, we don't like the evil little toadies that believe he exists and want to spread their madness. 

Originally Posted by I am the Fireman:

There goes Jennifer again, trying to say God did some bad things. I thought there was not God Jennifer, or so you say. Make up your mind, either He exist and you refuse to follow him or He doesn't exist therefore you shouldn't be saying bad things about a mythical being as you say God is. You can't have it both ways.

Quite possibly the most ridiculous few sentences ever written on this forum.

 

Your god is said to have done limitless horrors to men, women and children in YOUR bible. Jennifer is just pointing that out to His followers. We don't think He exists, of course, but you obviously do. We don't follow the myth, of course, but YOU clearly do. There's no dichotomy in this whatsoever! It's not an either or. How is it remotely logical that people can't discuss or criticize mythical stories and beings with those who actually believe in them?

Originally Posted by A. Robustus:
Originally Posted by I am the Fireman:

There goes Jennifer again, trying to say God did some bad things. I thought there was not God Jennifer, or so you say. Make up your mind, either He exist and you refuse to follow him or He doesn't exist therefore you shouldn't be saying bad things about a mythical being as you say God is. You can't have it both ways.

Quite possibly the most ridiculous few sentences ever written on this forum.

 

Your god is said to have done limitless horrors to men, women and children in YOUR bible. Jennifer is just pointing that out to His followers. We don't think He exists, of course, but you obviously do. We don't follow the myth, of course, but YOU clearly do. There's no dichotomy in this whatsoever! It's not an either or. How is it remotely logical that people can't discuss or criticize mythical stories and beings with those who actually believe in them?

 

 

And comes forth the echo of Adot. He don’t believe in God but he believes in God.

Can we trust this Adot?

Originally Posted by NashBama:

Most, if not all of those verses come from the OT which is also the Jewish Torah. I've noticed people strongly opposed to Christianity have no problem using the OT to attack it, but won't mention that it's also the Torah because that might appear anti-Semitic.

 

It also shows a lack of understanding of the NT. There is a reason there is a huge difference between the two.


Show me a Jew and I will call BS on him too, Nash. The Old Testament is a horribly wicked book. Too bad Christians have to keep it becaue withotu tit, the NT doesn't stand. But there it is in it's ugly glory.

Here is my understanding of the NT, Nash. Please tell me what I have wrong.

The OT sets down the rules for the imperfect men of God. It also lays the framework for the coming Messiah.  When the Messiah came, he fulfilled all the OT prophecies and came not to dispense with the old law, but to uphold with a few additional requirements such as love thine neighbor as thine self.

That's the Cliff Notes version.  What do I have wrong about that?  

Now, if any disinterested person were to read this thread, or even the entire Religion Forum, I am certain, absolutely CERTAIN, that they would conclude that while some of the Christians on the forum can get a bit snarky, they ARE trying to say things for the GOOD of unbelievers.

 

The atheists however, post hatred, pure and simple. The more time goes on here, the more hate filled their posts become. They are getting downright nasty, and yet they CLAIM to be better people than we are.

 

They CLAIM to hold REASON as one of their highest values, and yet they lie, twist things, intentionally misunderstand things, tell us we're stupid, deluded, and evil. These so-called men and women of "reason" are the most UNreasonable people I have encountered.

 

Why don't you all just admit it, you HATE us. I think it's probably out of jealousy. You are jealous that we Christians have an inner peace that you will never have, as long as you continue on your present course. You are in constant attack mode, and your obsession with this hatred of all things Christian has driven you over the edge, away from the "reason" you claim to have in such large quantities. You are now into the territory of denial. You deny any answers to you questions, you deny explanations of why we believe, and what those scripture verses really mean when put into context, you even deny that you insult us, even though you can't seem to post to ANY Christian without throwing in some digs. That's not "reason" folks, THAT is YOUR delusion.

 

They are lost. I pity them, but it's getting to the point where even my Christian love is growing thin for them. THESE people (some of them - not you Pup) are truly the enemy of God. It's one thing not to believe, but to try to convince others that their hatred is actually "reason", and that everyone should hate the way that they do, well, like I said, they are the enemy of God, they are the enemy of love, and more than anything, they are their own worst enemies.

Originally Posted by O No!:

Now, if any disinterested person were to read this thread, or even the entire Religion Forum, I am certain, absolutely CERTAIN, that they would conclude that while some of the Christians on the forum can get a bit snarky, they ARE trying to say things for the GOOD of unbelievers.

 

The atheists however, post hatred, pure and simple. The more time goes on here, the more hate filled their posts become. They are getting downright nasty, and yet they CLAIM to be better people than we are.

 

They CLAIM to hold REASON as one of their highest values, and yet they lie, twist things, intentionally misunderstand things, tell us we're stupid, deluded, and evil. These so-called men and women of "reason" are the most UNreasonable people I have encountered.

 

Why don't you all just admit it, you HATE us. I think it's probably out of jealousy. You are jealous that we Christians have an inner peace that you will never have, as long as you continue on your present course. You are in constant attack mode, and your obsession with this hatred of all things Christian has driven you over the edge, away from the "reason" you claim to have in such large quantities. You are now into the territory of denial. You deny any answers to you questions, you deny explanations of why we believe, and what those scripture verses really mean when put into context, you even deny that you insult us, even though you can't seem to post to ANY Christian without throwing in some digs. That's not "reason" folks, THAT is YOUR delusion.

 

They are lost. I pity them, but it's getting to the point where even my Christian love is growing thin for them. THESE people (some of them - not you Pup) are truly the enemy of God. It's one thing not to believe, but to try to convince others that their hatred is actually "reason", and that everyone should hate the way that they do, well, like I said, they are the enemy of God, they are the enemy of love, and more than anything, they are their own worst enemies.

So, what is your point?

Originally Posted by O No!:

 

Why don't you all just admit it, you HATE us. 

---

I certainly would if I did.  I despise certain people here.  That might even border on hate.  But you are not one of them.  I do hate religion for the demonstrable evil effect it has on the world.  

I've never said anything "hateful" to you, Ono. I have simply disagreed with you and you interpret that as "hate." This is a VERY common tactic.  You see us as attacking you. We see it as attacking your religion.  

Go ahead: show me one single post where I said something hateful toward you personally.  Attacking your invisible man doesn't count.

Now you and Vic and Bill and that disturbed idiot who will not be named certainly launched very personal, hateful comments directly at the atheists here.  I've been a victim of your personal attacks quite a few times and keep urging you to stay away from this place for a while.  You really are consumed by this little debate forum and can't help but take it personally. But your hate keeps bringing you back.  Why is that?

 

___
Onoe says, "we Christians have an inner peace that you will never have,"

---

Yes, that inner peace just oozes from you and the other gentle Christians here.  Gosh, makes me wanna convert right on the spot.  Now, go ahead, call that a "hateful" attack on your personally. I would be disappointed if you didn't.


The reality, Ono?  Disagreement does not equal "hate" ma'am.  Get over it already.  Debate with us or move along to something more productive. 

Loved your post O No. I must agree with you.

I wonder some times why those people that say there is no God and that God is a mythical being why they even continue to address Christians on this Religous Forum. If there was a Harry Potter forum I for sure would not be posting on it because I don't do Harry Potter. I feel that the non-believers are Hell bent on showing their frustration againt ALL Christians due to their hate of what we believe and what we stand for. Not really sure why that is. I think it may be because we as Christians believe the Bible when it says that anyone whos name is not written in the Book of Life will be cast into Hell and they don't like that.

Well, all you unbelievers, I have something else you may not like. You will pay taxes, you will die some day, you will get old, if you play with fire you will get burned, you get the point. So, why don't you get off the religion forum and start bad mouthing the government for having to pay taxes or mother nature for making you grow old, or evolution for making you die.

For a change why can't the religious forum be for positive and uplifting issues. That would be nice for a change.

That's why they're here, Fireman. To disrupt this forum and try to prevent us from sharing our joy in our Lord. They know by now that they will never be able to turn us away from Him, so the next best thing in their minds is to keep us from discussing all of the beautiful things He has brought into our lives. As I said, they are lost, and if they actually HAD lives, they would find something constructive to do. But as you can see, they need to feel important SOMEHOW, and they get a big kick out of disturbing us on the forum. I equate them with "taggers", you know, those kids who go around vandalizing things with their cans of spraypaint. Atheist delinquents. How pitiful!

Originally Posted by I am the Fireman:

 I feel that the non-believers are Hell bent on showing their frustration againt ALL Christians due to their hate of what we believe and what we stand for. 

---

 

No arguments from me on that point.  In fact, that is just about a perfect summation.  I'm glad at least one fundamentalist gets it. 


Fire-Atheists can accept the fact that we all die. Some of us grow old and die, others die young. We accept that fact of life without fear and the need to believe we have a "safety net" of another life after this one is finished. I pay my taxes because that is what people have to do to live in our society. (Two things are certain-death and taxes). I don't cheat on my taxes and weasel out of paying them by claiming that because I believe in a mythical man in the sky I don't have to pay. You should be ashamed of that.  What happened to render unto caesar? Never mind, I know the answer, you only pick and choose the things you like out of your "holy book". If it doesn't benefit you it is cast aside. Am I happy with the way my taxes are spent? Of course not. Am I happy that churches, that are rich beyond belief don't have to pay taxes?  Of course not. And that my friend are things I do gripe about to my government.

You don't like atheists, g a y people, or people of different religions or beliefs. The list of things and people you don't like could go on forever-but so sad for you-the day is ending when you and you alone get your way in this world.

 You've been told over and over why atheists are here, and if you don't like it you can leave.

I miss Bluetick. The only atheist whom ever posted here who showed complete confidence and peace in his non- belief, or belief. He actually practiced the humanity and good will that  is espoused by the regular posting atheists here. The difference is you are all  liars. It is obvious you have little confidence or assurance in what you "believe".  It is also clear that the constant deriding of almost ANY and EVERY thread started about anything to do with religion by y'all  almost seems like an addiction. Pavlov's Dog. You feed off of the posts as though it seems that is all you have. It's almost like it consumes you. There is hatred. There is veiled hatred from some so called Christians here as well. Sad.

 

I know Blue personally. We have spent a lot of time together, and I look forward to spending more. He is one of the most compassionate people I know toward his fellow man. The "give you the shirt off his back" kind of guy. Yet, his non-belief is as strong as any atheist posting on here today. But again, that is his. A personal thing. As far as I know he has not suffered because of his atheism any more than many who "believe". If you don't want to associate with him because of it...he is the type that doesn't push it. It's YOUR loss not to know him. He can live in peace alongside religion. He moves on with a full life.His family and friends take him at face value. 

 

You could all take a lesson from him. Then you might gain some credibility.

 

I agree my pachyderm friend. Blue was always honest, he was always polite, he never lied or insulted anyone, and he wasn't obsessed with trying to tell us how evil the One he doesn't believe in is. And he plays guitar too!

 

Hey, do you think if we taught all these hateful ones how to play an instrument, maybe they would find out there is more to life than stirring up trouble on a forum for something they don't even believe in?

 

Nah, there's enough noise masquerading as music already...

My opinion may not mean much to the Christians on this forum but I'm gonna give it anyway. 

I can't think of anyone here that calls themselves a "Christian" that I don't like except for Bill &

FirenzeVeritas.
 
Most of my life was spent in church until a few years ago. I was raised in a Baptist church, & spent many years in one as an adult. Ended up for a few years in a non-denominational church. I have visited many churches, as a child & as an adult. As an adult, no matter which church I was in or which one I visited, I had people telling me I was in the wrong church, & needed to get into "God's" church. They all gave me scriptures to "prove" which church I needed to be in.
 
One Halloween, some church ladies knocked on my door & told me I needed to get the stick on's of witches & goblins off my door & windows (we always decorated for our son when he was little) because by putting them there I was allowing demons into my home, which they said in front of my 5 year old child. I've been told I wasn't "doing enough" to be saved, that I needed to "work" more. I've been told I wasn't saved because I hadn't been baptized in the Holy Ghost & didn't "speak in tongues". I could go on & on but you get the idea. You can ask 10 different people for the meaning of one scripture & you'll get 10 different answers. Not all of those 10 can be correct.
 
The end of religion came for me when I had that "faith of a mustard seed" that we are supposed to have to move mountains. I won't go into details to what I was praying for, but I had many people I had confidence in praying also. God took that mustard seed & stomped on it. He did not give a thought to my prayers. Some of you Christians (especially Bill Gray) will say I didn't have enough faith, that some prayers aren't meant to be answered, or the biggie......that he answered but not in the way I wanted. Hogwash!!! That isn't what the Bible says at all.

It says "I tell you with certainty, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you.

 

I had never had any kind of conversation with an Atheist until I came to this forum. Not one has tried to convert me or attacked me in any way. I haven't been referred to as stupid by any Atheist on this forum.They have said some things that certainly set me to thinking & some things that have made sense to me. I haven't completely converted back to religion because God doesn't answer prayers & doesn't do the things the Bible says he can do. That's two of the reason's that I don't know for a fact anymore that He even exist.

 

Some of you feel that you are being attacked by the Atheist on here. Maybe it's because they are made to feel stupid for not believing in God. They have as much right to defend their non-belief as the Christians do to defend their belief.

Bill Gray gets on this forum & puts down both Christians & Atheist, says terrible things, makes fun of  most of us but I don't see any of you Christians attacking him for the things he says, like you do the Atheist. I'm not trying to make anyone angry. Just giving my honest opinion as to how

I see things.

 

 

 

Semi, you KNOW that I have had quite a few go-arounds with Bill. One of the things I really dislike in this world is people who pretend to misunderstand so that they don't have to admit they are wrong. In another thread here just the other day I compared Unob to Bill, because they BOTH do that. Hey, if I make a mistake and someone points it out to me, i'll be happy to admit I was wrong. I certainly won't pretend they meant something else when they point it out to me.

 

There are a lot of people who left this forum because of behavior like Bill and Unobs. Veep is gone, Jank is gone, GBRK has stopped posting, and I'm sure there are others I can't think of off the top of my head.

 

I understand why they left. I came close to leaving not too long ago, and to be honest, I can't see much reason to stay. The forum has turned into a joke. There IS no conversation anymore, just a bunch of "Oh yeah? Says who?", or "You're insane. You're stupid. You're delusional" from the atheists, and "You're New Age.  You're a cultist. You're a couch potato" from certain Christians.

 

I'd rather talk to people in real life, because in real life, people tend to be more civil.

Semi I could write a book on the things I went through when I was losing the belief. But it doesn't matter what you say, you have the ones that will still say "oh you didn't truly believe, didn't try hard enough, didn't pray enough, someone got to you, someone made you mad, someone hurt you, you wanted to sin" and on and on. I know exactly where you are, and if I could help I would. All I can ever tell you is when you know, you'll know. I guess that doesn't make sense but it's the only way to describe it. After I admitted to myself and my husband I just did not believe it anymore, and he said he felt the same, we still went to church for years.

I felt dishonest sitting there not believing, living a lie, not loving or being in awe of their god. And I'd think things like how he was awful and cruel, and look at all these people that love him and can't see it, and I'd think too about all those poor little kids being scared by the stories. I remember as a kid how some of the stories scared and upset me. I had this little fear I might jump up one day and go "come on people, snap out of it. Are you really buying this"???  So I finally decided the best thing for me was to make the break, and like I've said too, my husband felt the same way, he just said he'd have done it sooner. It felt like being let out of prison.

Add Reply

Post

×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×