Originally Posted by I am the Fireman:
I feel that the non-believers are Hell bent on showing their frustration againt ALL Christians due to their hate of what we believe and what we stand for. Not really sure why that is. I think it may be because we as Christians believe the Bible when it says that anyone whos name is not written in the Book of Life will be cast into Hell and they don't like that.

 So, why don't you get off the religion forum and start bad mouthing the government for having to pay taxes or mother nature for making you grow old, or evolution for making you die.

For a change why can't the religious forum be for positive and uplifting issues. That would be nice for a change.

**********************************************************************************

I don't know O No personally, but from many private chats with her, my instincts tell me her heart is true. Just from reading her post, I know she's frustrated with some things being said on here but we all get frustrated at times.

Although I'm not a full fledged non-believer but have some strong doubts that God exist, I don't hate all Christians. I strongly dislike those that "wear the hat". Anyone can call themselves a Christian, can warm a church bench, read the Bible & quote scripture all day long but that doesn't make one a Christian. To talk the talk, one has to walk the walk. 

 

I don't think it's frustration because Christians believe the Bible when it says that anyone who's name is not written in the Book of Life will be cast into Hell. Most Atheist/non-believers already know what the Bible says, so why would they be frustrated over that when it's something they already know? It could be because of the way something is said & not necessarily the words that are said. We're all guilty of letting anger get in the way when we speak/write. That doesn't make us bad people.
 

I agree that this forum should be for positive and uplifting issues, or at least be able to agree/disagree in a civil adult manner. I get severely angry with Bill Gray but that doesn't make me a bad person. It's his fault. 

 

Why is it that Bill Gray can be Hell bent on showing his frustration with most everyone here but you don't call for him to get off the forum? Why do you want me off this forum, Do I not have as much right to be here as you do?

 

 
Originally Posted by O No!:

Semi, you KNOW that I have had quite a few go-arounds with Bill. One of the things I really dislike in this world is people who pretend to misunderstand so that they don't have to admit they are wrong. In another thread here just the other day I compared Unob to Bill, because they BOTH do that. Hey, if I make a mistake and someone points it out to me, i'll be happy to admit I was wrong. I certainly won't pretend they meant something else when they point it out to me.

 

There are a lot of people who left this forum because of behavior like Bill and Unobs. Veep is gone, Jank is gone, GBRK has stopped posting, and I'm sure there are others I can't think of off the top of my head.

 

I understand why they left. I came close to leaving not too long ago, and to be honest, I can't see much reason to stay. The forum has turned into a joke. There IS no conversation anymore, just a bunch of "Oh yeah? Says who?", or "You're insane. You're stupid. You're delusional" from the atheists, and "You're New Age.  You're a cultist. You're a couch potato" from certain Christians.

 

I'd rather talk to people in real life, because in real life, people tend to be more civil.

*******************************************************************************************

O No, I wasn't meaning you. I know you've had some rounds with Bill. You & I have spoken in private enough that I know where you're coming from. If I didn't trust you, I wouldn't have confided in you the way I have.

I would love to see you & Jenn "agree to disagree" & let the anger go because I like both of you.

I really miss Veep & Jank and I know the fault does lie with Bill. He doesn't care for anyone on this forum. He has said many times he's here for those that don't post but read only. Wouldn't you love to know how many of those he's run off?

Originally Posted by Jennifer:

Semi I could write a book on the things I went through when I was losing the belief.

I know exactly where you are, and if I could help I would. All I can ever tell you is when you know, you'll know. I guess that doesn't make sense but it's the only way to describe it.

 

I felt dishonest sitting there not believing, living a lie, not loving or being in awe of their god.

*****************************************************************

Jenn, I could write 10 books! 

Thank you for your offer to help, that means a lot to me. Yes, I think I will know too, one way or another & it does make sense.

I know all about living a lie. I kept going for awhile, miserable in church, wishing to be anywhere but there. My husband is a believer & for awhile I kept going for him & finally I couldn't even do it for him anymore.

Originally Posted by O No!:

       I agree my pachyderm friend. Blue was always honest, he was always polite, he never lied or insulted anyone, and he wasn't obsessed with trying to tell us how evil the One he doesn't believe in is.


you must have been reading the postings of a different member on here other than the bluetick I remember. didn't he get banned this last time for posting a picture of a man with a gun up to a girls head in response to a discussion about how to prevent unwanted pregnancy? i seem to recall he also created another id called dunlop just to harass people with using all sorts of profanity, insults and name calling which got him banned as well. yeah, real classy guy.
Originally Posted by semiannualchick:
Originally Posted by O No!:

Semi, you KNOW that I have had quite a few go-arounds with Bill. One of the things I really dislike in this world is people who pretend to misunderstand so that they don't have to admit they are wrong. In another thread here just the other day I compared Unob to Bill, because they BOTH do that. Hey, if I make a mistake and someone points it out to me, i'll be happy to admit I was wrong. I certainly won't pretend they meant something else when they point it out to me.

 

There are a lot of people who left this forum because of behavior like Bill and Unobs. Veep is gone, Jank is gone, GBRK has stopped posting, and I'm sure there are others I can't think of off the top of my head.

 

I understand why they left. I came close to leaving not too long ago, and to be honest, I can't see much reason to stay. The forum has turned into a joke. There IS no conversation anymore, just a bunch of "Oh yeah? Says who?", or "You're insane. You're stupid. You're delusional" from the atheists, and "You're New Age.  You're a cultist. You're a couch potato" from certain Christians.

 

I'd rather talk to people in real life, because in real life, people tend to be more civil.

*******************************************************************************************

O No, I wasn't meaning you. I know you've had some rounds with Bill. You & I have spoken in private enough that I know where you're coming from. If I didn't trust you, I wouldn't have confided in you the way I have.

I would love to see you & Jenn "agree to disagree" & let the anger go because I like both of you.

I really miss Veep & Jank and I know the fault does lie with Bill. He doesn't care for anyone on this forum. He has said many times he's here for those that don't post but read only. Wouldn't you love to know how many of those he's run off?


Sorry Semi, but I don't think that will ever happen. I am NOT a liar, and anyone who calls me such will be on my ____list until they apologize. I doubt anyone who has declared repeatedly that ALL DEMOCRATS ARE LIARS is either honest, nor quite sane. I mean, think about it - she really is claiming that over half the population of this country are liars. Wow. I am not crazy about the Republican Party, but I would never call them all LIARS. I would never call them ALL anything. I am mature enough to realize that you can't paint anyone with such a broad brush, and I would never even think of labelling someone a LIAR, just because I disagreed with them! Her dislike of me did start in the politics forum and she just carried it over here to religion. Call it hatred, call it a vendetta, call it whatever you like, but there's no way I could ever be friends with someone like her.

Originally Posted by O No!:
 
My words are in BOLD:

Now, if any disinterested person were to read this thread, or even the entire Religion Forum, I am certain, absolutely CERTAIN, that they would conclude that while some of the Christians on the forum can get a bit snarky, they ARE trying to say things for the GOOD of unbelievers.

 

 

The same could be said for the atheists.  "Good" is a relative term.

  You could also say atheists are trying to teach christians how to think for themselves. "For their own good."

 

 

The atheists however, post hatred, pure and simple. The more time goes on here, the more hate filled their posts become. They are getting downright nasty, and yet they CLAIM to be better people than we are.

 

 

Hmm...Really?  From what I can see, atheists call a spade a f$#&in' shovel.  Personally the only time I get "nasty" is when I'm feeding BeeG's BS back to him.  Xtians (BeeG in particular) drew first blood.  Then it became war.

 

I don't believe in magick fairies and ghosties in the sky.  I'd say that gives me a marked intellectual advantage over those who do believe in them.  And I'm a tenth-grade dropout.  That's saying something.

 

 

They CLAIM to hold REASON as one of their highest values, and yet they lie, twist things, intentionally misunderstand things, tell us we're stupid, deluded, and evil. These so-called men and women of "reason" are the most UNreasonable people I have encountered.

 

I don't have to lie or twist things. Because people tend to just spout stuff without actually stopping to think about how what they're saying sounds-They tend not to like it when I hand their profession of a belief in magick back to them. They think I'm being "nasty" when all I'm doing is pointing to what they said to me and saying "Now, doesn't that sound silly?"

 

 

Why don't you all just admit it, you HATE us. I think it's probably out of jealousy. You are jealous that we Christians have an inner peace that you will never have, as long as you continue on your present course.

 

What course might THAT be, Baka?

 

  How on EARTH would YOU know whether or not I have any inner peace???  I'd be pretty hard pressed to conjure up any kind of jealousy toward anybody who lives in a fantasy world of angels and ghosties and demons.  It's ridiculous to me.

 

No, I don't HATE anybody without a really good reason. I'm plenty capable of hate, but the piddly disagreements and barbs tossed around in here do not warrant it.

 

Lemme 'splain somethin' to ya 'bout "inner peace."  It means different things to different people.

  To some people, a faith in a belief in a made-up god and no longer having to think for themselves gives them "inner peace."  To others, a large bank account may mean "inner peace."

  To me, Knowing I have a job I love to do during a time when so many are unemployed and a roof over my head and some food on my table gives me that.  Knowing that my wife loves me, my kids are doing good, my dogs are healthy and happy, and my bike'll start every time I thumb the starter button gives me "inner peace." 

  Knowing that I can survive anywhere under any conditions and eventually thrive gives me "inner peace."

  Watching that chooch in the F-150 that just flipped me the bird as he cut me off in traffic getting pulled over by a cop 'cause he was driving in a butthurt manner gives me a feeling of "inner peace."

 

By cracky, I think I've just got "inner peace" comin' out my ears!

 

 

 

 

 You are in constant attack mode, and your obsession with this hatred of all things Christian has driven you over the edge, away from the "reason" you claim to have in such large quantities. You are now into the territory of denial. You deny any answers to you questions, you deny explanations of why we believe, and what those scripture verses really mean when put into context, you even deny that you insult us, even though you can't seem to post to ANY Christian without throwing in some digs. That's not "reason" folks, THAT is YOUR delusion.

 

 

I've never lost my ability to reason.  I pride myself in that. Reason has kept me alive for many years and prolly will for many more.

  I only attack when I am attacked. BeeG started it by telling me I was surely hellbound.  I don't give a s#*t who dawkins or Hitchens is and I don't care what they have to say.  I don't NEED my atheism reinforced by some blowhards like Christians need theirs reinforced constantly.  My atheism is based solely on my own logic and reason. F#%& Dawkins and Hitchens.  There IS NO atheist "church." We do not have to gather together every week to re-convince ourselves of our lack of belief in a god. 

 

That's what christians are doing, ya know.  If the belief was based in truth- christians would just be taught it and that would be it.  The preacher would have nothing to say for a sermon. Ever. He would be unnecessary because people would know it and believe it.  They wouldn't need to huddle together and keep trying to convince themselves that they're right every week.

 

 

 

  It is not a fundamental requirement of human existence to worship or pay homage to something.  Some people realize that they don't need to be led about like sheep.

 

 

  

 

They are lost. I pity them, but it's getting to the point where even my Christian love is growing thin for them. THESE people (some of them - not you Pup) are truly the enemy of God. It's one thing not to believe, but to try to convince others that their hatred is actually "reason", and that everyone should hate the way that they do, well, like I said, they are the enemy of God, they are the enemy of love, and more than anything, they are their own worst enemies.

Not all who wander are lost. (see? "lost" is ALSO a relative term.)

Atheists-well, THIS atheist, anyway is the enemy of "stupidity-on-purpose."

Ignorance is one thing-and it is curable by way of education.  Stupidity is a sad and incurable condition to be understood as such and allowed for.  There is NO excuse whatsoever for "stupidity-on-purpose."

 

The reason I say there is no excuse is because I often wonder (and I can because I was once taught to believe) how so many people-KNOWING all the things we know nowadays about how things work and why things happen-can STILL walk up to a preacher-a person who is not an expert on ANYTHING, nor is he required to be knowledgeable of anything-and just basically hand them their head and say "Here. YOU carry this from now on."

 

 

Ono....I know you said "not me", but I just hadda speak my mind.

 

Could it possibly be that you are so upset with us heathens because maybe we are beginning to make you THINK? 

 

I don't want to convert anybody or kill anybody's faith in anything.  Technically that's beyond my ability to accomplish, but I DO encourage people to think for themselves because I understand how faith works. Real faith. Faith in things that have proven themselves worthy of that faith-not something unseen and unheard and unproven, passed down in tales and legends and ghost stories that more than likely cannot be proven.

 

Believe what ya wanna believe.

I myself would want to make sure I believed it for the right reasons, not just because somebody told me to.

 

 

I believed in a god once.  Then I turned 12.

 

/shrug

Originally Posted by Volkov:
Originally Posted by O No!:

       I agree my pachyderm friend. Blue was always honest, he was always polite, he never lied or insulted anyone, and he wasn't obsessed with trying to tell us how evil the One he doesn't believe in is.


you must have been reading the postings of a different member on here other than the bluetick I remember. didn't he get banned this last time for posting a picture of a man with a gun up to a girls head in response to a discussion about how to prevent unwanted pregnancy? i seem to recall he also created another id called dunlop just to harass people with using all sorts of profanity, insults and name calling which got him banned as well. yeah, real classy guy.

_____________________________________________________________________________
Actually, the guy with the profanity was someone else entirely. I know because I have talked to both of them in PM's AND emails.

 

Blue may have a quirky sense of humor, but there is no harm in the man at all. He is someone I like and admire, and I am proud to call him friend.

Originally Posted by Road Puppy:
Originally Posted by O No!:
 
My words are in BOLD:

Now, if any disinterested person were to read this thread, or even the entire Religion Forum, I am certain, absolutely CERTAIN, that they would conclude that while some of the Christians on the forum can get a bit snarky, they ARE trying to say things for the GOOD of unbelievers.

 

 

The same could be said for the atheists.  "Good" is a relative term.

  You could also say atheists are trying to teach christians how to think for themselves. "For their own good."

 

 

The atheists however, post hatred, pure and simple. The more time goes on here, the more hate filled their posts become. They are getting downright nasty, and yet they CLAIM to be better people than we are.

 

 

Hmm...Really?  From what I can see, atheists call a spade a f$#&in' shovel.  Personally the only time I get "nasty" is when I'm feeding BeeG's BS back to him.  Xtians (BeeG in particular) drew first blood.  Then it became war.

 

I don't believe in magick fairies and ghosties in the sky.  I'd say that gives me a marked intellectual advantage over those who do believe in them.  And I'm a tenth-grade dropout.  That's saying something.

 

 

They CLAIM to hold REASON as one of their highest values, and yet they lie, twist things, intentionally misunderstand things, tell us we're stupid, deluded, and evil. These so-called men and women of "reason" are the most UNreasonable people I have encountered.

 

I don't have to lie or twist things. Because people tend to just spout stuff without actually stopping to think about how what they're saying sounds-They tend not to like it when I hand their profession of a belief in magick back to them. They think I'm being "nasty" when all I'm doing is pointing to what they said to me and saying "Now, doesn't that sound silly?"

 

 

Why don't you all just admit it, you HATE us. I think it's probably out of jealousy. You are jealous that we Christians have an inner peace that you will never have, as long as you continue on your present course.

 

What course might THAT be, Baka?

 

  How on EARTH would YOU know whether or not I have any inner peace???  I'd be pretty hard pressed to conjure up any kind of jealousy toward anybody who lives in a fantasy world of angels and ghosties and demons.  It's ridiculous to me.

 

No, I don't HATE anybody without a really good reason. I'm plenty capable of hate, but the piddly disagreements and barbs tossed around in here do not warrant it.

 

Lemme 'splain somethin' to ya 'bout "inner peace."  It means different things to different people.

  To some people, a faith in a belief in a made-up god and no longer having to think for themselves gives them "inner peace."  To others, a large bank account may mean "inner peace."

  To me, Knowing I have a job I love to do during a time when so many are unemployed and a roof over my head and some food on my table gives me that.  Knowing that my wife loves me, my kids are doing good, my dogs are healthy and happy, and my bike'll start every time I thumb the starter button gives me "inner peace." 

  Knowing that I can survive anywhere under any conditions and eventually thrive gives me "inner peace."

  Watching that chooch in the F-150 that just flipped me the bird as he cut me off in traffic getting pulled over by a cop 'cause he was driving in a butthurt manner gives me a feeling of "inner peace."

 

By cracky, I think I've just got "inner peace" comin' out my ears!

 

 

 

 

 You are in constant attack mode, and your obsession with this hatred of all things Christian has driven you over the edge, away from the "reason" you claim to have in such large quantities. You are now into the territory of denial. You deny any answers to you questions, you deny explanations of why we believe, and what those scripture verses really mean when put into context, you even deny that you insult us, even though you can't seem to post to ANY Christian without throwing in some digs. That's not "reason" folks, THAT is YOUR delusion.

 

 

I've never lost my ability to reason.  I pride myself in that. Reason has kept me alive for many years and prolly will for many more.

  I only attack when I am attacked. BeeG started it by telling me I was surely hellbound.  I don't give a s#*t who dawkins or Hitchens is and I don't care what they have to say.  I don't NEED my atheism reinforced by some blowhards like Christians need theirs reinforced constantly.  My atheism is based solely on my own logic and reason. F#%& Dawkins and Hitchens.  There IS NO atheist "church." We do not have to gather together every week to re-convince ourselves of our lack of belief in a god. 

 

That's what christians are doing, ya know.  If the belief was based in truth- christians would just be taught it and that would be it.  The preacher would have nothing to say for a sermon. Ever. He would be unnecessary because people would know it and believe it.  They wouldn't need to huddle together and keep trying to convince themselves that they're right every week.

 

 

 

  It is not a fundamental requirement of human existence to worship or pay homage to something.  Some people realize that they don't need to be led about like sheep.

 

 

  

 

They are lost. I pity them, but it's getting to the point where even my Christian love is growing thin for them. THESE people (some of them - not you Pup) are truly the enemy of God. It's one thing not to believe, but to try to convince others that their hatred is actually "reason", and that everyone should hate the way that they do, well, like I said, they are the enemy of God, they are the enemy of love, and more than anything, they are their own worst enemies.

Not all who wander are lost. (see? "lost" is ALSO a relative term.)

Atheists-well, THIS atheist, anyway is the enemy of "stupidity-on-purpose."

Ignorance is one thing-and it is curable by way of education.  Stupidity is a sad and incurable condition to be understood as such and allowed for.  There is NO excuse whatsoever for "stupidity-on-purpose."

 

The reason I say there is no excuse is because I often wonder (and I can because I was once taught to believe) how so many people-KNOWING all the things we know nowadays about how things work and why things happen-can STILL walk up to a preacher-a person who is not an expert on ANYTHING, nor is he required to be knowledgeable of anything-and just basically hand them their head and say "Here. YOU carry this from now on."

 

 

Ono....I know you said "not me", but I just hadda speak my mind.

 

Could it possibly be that you are so upset with us heathens because maybe we are beginning to make you THINK? 

 

I don't want to convert anybody or kill anybody's faith in anything.  Technically that's beyond my ability to accomplish, but I DO encourage people to think for themselves because I understand how faith works. Real faith. Faith in things that have proven themselves worthy of that faith-not something unseen and unheard and unproven, passed down in tales and legends and ghost stories that more than likely cannot be proven.

 

Believe what ya wanna believe.

I myself would want to make sure I believed it for the right reasons, not just because somebody told me to.

 

 

I believed in a god once.  Then I turned 12.

 

/shrug


*****************************************************************************************************************

 

RP

Well, Pup, I excluded you because up 'til now, you have pretty much been a live and let live type of person. But I can see that you now want to get in on the insult-fest. You say:

 

"I don't believe in magick fairies and ghosties in the sky.  I'd say that gives me a marked intellectual advantage over those who do believe in them.  And I'm a tenth-grade dropout.  That's saying something."


Well, just to let you know, I really don't think you have an "intellectual advantage" over me. I was NOT a tenth grade drop out, and while I know that doesn't have any bearing on your IQ, I DO know that making the Dean's list every semester DOES show that I have a few smarts.

 

 

Then you say:

"I don't have to lie or twist things. Because people tend to just spout stuff without actually stopping to think about how what they're saying sounds-They tend not to like it when I hand their profession of a belief in magick back to them. They think I'm being "nasty" when all I'm doing is pointing to what they said to me and saying "Now, doesn't that sound silly?"

 

I never said YOU lie and twist things, but old Unob sure does, and it has been proven.

 

Then you say:

 "There IS NO atheist "church." We do not have to gather together every week to re-convince ourselves of our lack of belief in a god.

That's what christians are doing, ya know.  If the belief was based in truth- christians would just be taught it and that would be it.  The preacher would have nothing to say for a sermon. Ever. He would be unnecessary because people would know it and believe it.  They wouldn't need to huddle together and keep trying to convince themselves that they're right every week."

 

Do you really think that? Hmm...then I guess there's no reason for me to get together with other guitarists to jam, right? I mean, hey we already know the songs, why do we have to play them together? Are we jamming to convince ourselves that we like music? Or could it be that people who have something important in common ENJOY sharing that important thing with each other? And not only that, but don't you think it's possible we can learn something from each other? Both musically, and in the case of church, spiritually. And being a Christian has one other thing in common with being a musician. There is ALWAYS something new to learn, and anyone who thinks they already know it all might just as well hang up their guitar or their Bible, because they are fools.

 

You say:

"Could it possibly be that you are so upset with us heathens because maybe we are beginning to make you THINK?"

 

No, Pup, I have been thinking all my life. I was once like you, and believed in reason only. I thought Christians believed in "ghosties and magick" too. But now I know better.

 

And finally: 

"I myself would want to make sure I believed it for the right reasons, not just because somebody told me to."

 

I have spoken repeatedly about how I became a Christian. It certainly wasn't because anyone told me to. One day I made the decision, all on my own(!) to go to church. God called me home, and I went. And the inner peace I feel now is SO much more real than the "peace" I felt when my life revolved around "reason" and intellect and self reliance.

 

I'm truly sorry to see that the others have influenced you so much that you no longer believe in live and let live. You can accuse me of "stupidity on purpose", but I thought you were better than that. I won't accuse YOU of being stupid, but I WILL say that it's pretty obvious you have been listening to the likes of Jennifer and Unob and NSNS for too long. You are starting to lose what used to make you so cool.

Originally Posted by O No!:

Actually, the guy with the profanity was someone else entirely. I know because I have talked to both of them in PM's AND emails.

Blue may have a quirky sense of humor, but there is no harm in the man at all. He is someone I like and admire, and I am proud to call him friend.





i hate to break it to you but you were talking to the same person. bluetick even admitted to it on a post here that he was dunlop but it was deleted along with his other posts when he was banned.
Originally Posted by O No!:

Sorry Semi, but I don't think that will ever happen. I am NOT a liar, and anyone who calls me such will be on my ____list until they apologize. I doubt anyone who has declared repeatedly that ALL DEMOCRATS ARE LIARS is either honest, nor quite sane. I mean, think about it - she really is claiming that over half the population of this country are liars. Wow. I am not crazy about the Republican Party, but I would never call them all LIARS. I would never call them ALL anything. I am mature enough to realize that you can't paint anyone with such a broad brush, and I would never even think of labelling someone a LIAR, just because I disagreed with them! Her dislike of me did start in the politics forum and she just carried it over here to religion. Call it hatred, call it a vendetta, call it whatever you like, but there's no way I could ever be friends with someone like her.

*****************************************************************************

Yes, it could happen, my friend. I don't think you're a liar either but just because someone says you are, doesn't make it so. Someone called me a ***** yesterday, so I smiled & said thank you, I certainly can be when the time calls for it.

 

I think you are Christian enough in that heart of yours that you can forgive anyone anything. I've told a lie before to keep someone from being hurt when she asked something that I knew would hurt her if I answered true. Does that label me as a liar?

We receive kindness by showing kindness. You're my friend & I know you have a forgiving heart.

Maybe I'm thinking of someone else. The guy with the profanity I am thinking of always used and avatar of some Mexican bandit or some such thing, but I can't remember what his screen name(s) were. And I know for certain HE isn't the same person as Blue.  

 

Either way, my opinion of Blue remains the same. He is my friend, and he has my respect and admiration. He has always been a gentleman to me, he has always been kind, and what can I say? I really like the guy.

Originally posted by Semi:

Yes, it could happen, my friend. I don't think you're a liar either but just because someone says you are, doesn't make it so. Someone called me a ***** yesterday, so I smiled & said thank you, I certainly can be when the time calls for it.

 

I think you are Christian enough in that heart of yours that you can forgive anyone anything. I've told a lie before to keep someone from being hurt when she asked something that I knew would hurt her if I answered true. Does that label me as a liar?

We receive kindness by showing kindness. You're my friend & I know you have a forgiving heart

_____________________________________________________________________________

Semi, I love you girl! You're a beautiful person and you have a beautiful heart.

 

If Jennifer wants to be friends with me, first she will have to apologize. I have no trouble forgiving people, but it is useless to forgive someone only to be attacked again. That wouldn't be being Christian, that would be  being stupid.

 

We ALL tell "white lies" - the type of lie you tell out of kindness. (Things like, "How do you like my new haircut?" "Oh, it looks nice.", when in fact it makes her look like a poodle who has been run over by a lawnmower.) And when you get right down to it, that commandment DOESN'T say "Thou shalt not lie", it says, "Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor". There is a big difference. Bearing false witness means accusing someone of something they didn't do. (Just like Jennifer did when she accused me of lying.)

 

No, I doubt Jennifer and I will ever be friends, but I'm glad YOU can be friends with both of us. Now, doesn't that ell you something about YOURSELF? - you can find yourself in the middle of a manure storm and still not get any on you, because both sides want to avoid hurting YOU. I'll never fling any at you, and I don't think Jennifer would ever fling any at you either. Face it, Semi, you are just a great person and we both think the world of you! (As I'm sure almost everyone on this forum does.)

 

Going home now. I hope you have a great night.

Originally Posted by Volkov:
Originally Posted by O No!:

Actually, the guy with the profanity was someone else entirely. I know because I have talked to both of them in PM's AND emails.

Blue may have a quirky sense of humor, but there is no harm in the man at all. He is someone I like and admire, and I am proud to call him friend.





i hate to break it to you but you were talking to the same person. bluetick even admitted to it on a post here that he was dunlop but it was deleted along with his other posts when he was banned.

 

 

 

I don't mind breaking it to you...You are full of $h*t. 

You obviously have some "issues" with Tick.

Did he expose your crap? Call you out? Maybe just put you in your place?

What "alter" were you using when he canned your ass?

Originally Posted by ReleaseTheElephant:
I don't mind breaking it to you...You are full of $h*t. 

You obviously have some "issues" with Tick.

Did he expose your crap? Call you out? Maybe just put you in your place?

What "alter" were you using when he canned your ass?

I liked Tick & miss him......what happened to him?

I'm not pickin' on ya, O. Don't misunderstand me, here.

 

Just voicing a generalized opinion.

 

No one influences me. Not Jennifer, not Unob, not anybody.

I have original thoughts. No one has ever put something in my head for me,  That's for christian preachers to do to their flocks-because they allow it.

 

I do live and let live, but make no mistake-I am not a submissive sheep.  I don't adhere to the "if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all" mentality.

That only works in theory, not reality.

 

The only reason I responded to your post is because it appeared to me by the tone of it that you were bashing the heathens over the head with your shiny "Likeable Liberal" award and pretty much getting off on it.  It just seemed pretty ironic.

 

I thought it was funny that all the stuff you were accusing the heathens of doing-you were doing a bang-up job of yourself in that post. AND in the name of your god, no less.

You sounded like you were saying that you were doing us heathens a FAVOR, trying to spread the word of god to people who have no real use for it. No problem. We expect that.

 

  Yeah, some of the heathens get nasty. My point was that now here you are-none the better for doing the same thing. 

  Thy holy pedestal becometh quite rickety.   And that right early.

 

Don't sweat it, though. It happens to all of us.

Life's tough sometimes.  Get a helmet.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Last edited by Road Puppy

Actually, if you don't have any thing nice to say, 'shut up' works very well .

 

ONO is a great person, but like all the others who have left this forum, sometimes it gets too much.

 

Comments like:  I believed in a god once.  Then I turned 12. are the cause.

 

I have about given up as well, it's very hard to have a discussion when you are assumed to be ignorant and delusional to start with.

 

I wonder what would happen if all the religious folks stopped posting? If atheists have no targets, do they stop posting as well?

 

Well luckily for all of you, Bill will never stop posting.

Originally Posted by b50m:

Actually, if you don't have any thing nice to say, 'shut up' works very well .

 

ONO is a great person, but like all the others who have left this forum, sometimes it gets too much.

 

Comments like:  I believed in a god once.  Then I turned 12. are the cause.

 

I have about given up as well, it's very hard to have a discussion when you are assumed to be ignorant and delusional to start with.

 

I wonder what would happen if all the religious folks stopped posting? If atheists have no targets, do they stop posting as well?

 

Well luckily for all of you, Bill will never stop posting.

Perfect, b! It was veiled but you got to it in the first sentence. The message from the religious here and elswhere has always been: "Shut up and if you don't then go away!" or "What more do want from us, we tolerate your existence, so show some respect and shut up or else!" 

 

This thing that so many of you complain about now with us is the new normal, b. We won't shut up. We're not ever going to go away and we're not going to back down. You see how "live and let live" RP reacted to Ono's comments. 

 

The idea that religion and the religious can't be criticized or questioned is pernicious to societal health and probably the greatest protection that religions have enjoyed against legitimate criticism and exposure to external ideas and proof.  But no more.

 

If you don't want to participate in a conversation or spirited exchange with an atheist, cool. But why are so many of you trying to stop us from speaking our minds? If you (the religious) are right, in order to prove us wrong you're going to have to engage in a dialogue. We atheists are VERY comfortable with that prospect. I don't get that same impression from theists. In the end, it's always been theists who must walk away from the conversation. I wonder why?

I have about given up as well, it's very hard to have a discussion when you are assumed to be ignorant and delusional to start with

 

*********************************************************************************************************************

 

It's a double edged sword. Atheists are called all that and worse. I've been given credit for calling christians ignorant, when in fact I said intelligence had nothing to do with believing because I have seen very intelligent people, know them in fact, that believe. But as the discussion progressed what I said actually said got lost or twisted. So I finally got to the point that I don't care what they think because they're going to have it their way no matter what. Intelligence doesn't stop some from making very stupid comments or arguments. Intelligence doesn't stop some from making insulting posts to others, or joining in when others do. But those same ones whine the loudest when they think they've been insulted, and they keep running back to how smart they are as if in some way that makes them much smarter than atheists.

 

 They're the ones that "giggle" when one of the trolls posts so called pictures of posters but would crap blood and run to report them if someone did it to them. They're the ones that think for some reason they are owed an apology but they're free to post whatever they want as long as they pretend it's "caring" or just "kidding" and they don't like being called on it. I've read insinuations and out and out lies posted in here about me and others by the same people that call any disagreement with them an attack. On one thread bill tried to insinuate that I was g a y. I don't think the religion forum actually needs christians to post to exist, because the threads always lead to different discussions anyway.  I lived my life just fine before I started posting here and could do the same if it disappeared tomorrow. It's the frustrated preacher wannabes, trolls, and ones that only want to crow about how good they are that would go nuts. Look at the comment you chose: 

 

 

Comments like:  I believed in a god once.  Then I turned 12. are the cause.

 

 What about the comments to atheists? Are you saying they deserve all they get? That mindset is exactly what keeps atheists posting on this forum.

If you don't want to participate in a conversation or spirited exchange with an atheist, cool. But why are so many of you trying to stop us from speaking our minds? If you (the religious) are right, in order to prove us wrong you're going to have to engage in a dialogue. We atheists are VERY comfortable with that prospect. I don't get that same impression from theists. In the end, it's always been theists who must walk away from the conversation. I wonder why?

 

Simple. The conversation goes like this:

 

Christian-The Bible says........

 

Atheist-The bible is a fairy tale and you are an idiot for believing in sky fairies and pixie dust......

 

Christian-The Bile is the inspired word of God......

 

Atheist- god doesn't exist, the bible is a myth, it is recycled garbage......

.

Christian-I believe that God has palns for me.......

 

Atheist--You are delusional. There are drugs for that...............

 

Christian--Hell is a place for sinners and non-believers........

 

Atheist-See, now you are attacking me and calling me a bad person. Some Christian you are.......

 

Got it?  That is a spirited exchange?

Originally Posted by Magpie:
Originally Posted by semiannualchick:
Originally Posted by ReleaseTheElephant:
I don't mind breaking it to you...You are full of $h*t. 

You obviously have some "issues" with Tick.

Did he expose your crap? Call you out? Maybe just put you in your place?

What "alter" were you using when he canned your ass?

I liked Tick & miss him......what happened to him?

Semi!! You didn’t know?? Tick is a love slave over on a forum hosted by Madam Liv Tyler.

The last time I looked he was cuffed to the bed posts wearing nothing but his leathers.

Cage and Ubu were jockeying for position. Go over there and see for yourself if you don’t believe me.

The girls over there are giggling and shrieking as they run in and out from under a water sprinkler. They tease not to really get wet at first but ole tick is just waiting for someone to venture too close.

Go check-um out if you don’t believe me.

LMM is the towel girl.

You are one sick man. 

I was typing when you posted jenn.

 

On one thread bill tried to insinuate that I was g a y.I don't think the religion forum actually needs christians to post to exist, because the threads always lead to different discussions anyway.  I lived my life just fine before I started posting here and could do the same if it disappeared tomorrow. It's the frustrated preacher wannabes, trolls, and ones that only want to crow about how good they are that would go nuts. Look at the comment you chose: 

 

 

Comments like:  I believed in a god once.  Then I turned 12. are the cause.

 

 What about the comments to atheists? Are you saying they deserve all they get? That mindset is exactly what keeps atheists posting on this forum.

 

I chose that comment because it was recent, on this thread ,and has been used in various ways by many atheists. Atheist view religion as a 'phase' that intelligent people grow out of. Obviously, that is insulting to religious folks. Atheist view the Bible as fiction. Religious do not. Atheists pick out the darker side to the Bible, religious do not. Each assume they are correct and the other is an idiot.

 

Not much room for discussion.

 

As i posted in my mock conversation above, pretty much a dead end.

 

BTW, Bill and I have never agreed on anything. He told me I was going to Hell too.

Originally Posted by Magpie:
Originally Posted by semiannualchick:
Originally Posted by ReleaseTheElephant:
I don't mind breaking it to you...You are full of $h*t. 

You obviously have some "issues" with Tick.

Did he expose your crap? Call you out? Maybe just put you in your place?

What "alter" were you using when he canned your ass?

I liked Tick & miss him......what happened to him?

Semi!! You didn’t know?? Tick is a love slave over on a forum hosted by Madam Liv Tyler.

The last time I looked he was cuffed to the bed posts wearing nothing but his leathers.

Cage and Ubu were jockeying for position. Go over there and see for yourself if you don’t believe me.

The girls over there are giggling and shrieking as they run in and out from under a water sprinkler. They tease not to really get wet at first but ole tick is just waiting for someone to venture too close.

Go check-um out if you don’t believe me.

LMM is the towel girl.

 

I'm sure "Tick" would agree to the dedication of this song...to YOU...from, "The Love Slave Forum"...Therefore! Here's YOUR song..."Magpie" or whatever you're trying to get "in the door" with.

Last edited by ReleaseTheElephant
Originally Posted by Jennifer:

I have about given up as well, it's very hard to have a discussion when you are assumed to be ignorant and delusional to start with

 

*********************************************************************************************************************

 

It's a double edged sword. Atheists are called all that and worse. I've been given credit for calling christians ignorant, when in fact I said intelligence had nothing to do with believing because I have seen very intelligent people, know them in fact, that believe. But as the discussion progressed what I said actually said got lost or twisted. So I finally got to the point that I don't care what they think because they're going to have it their way no matter what. Intelligence doesn't stop some from making very stupid comments or arguments. Intelligence doesn't stop some from making insulting posts to others, or joining in when others do. But those same ones whine the loudest when they think they've been insulted, and they keep running back to how smart they are as if in some way that makes them much smarter than atheists.

 

 They're the ones that "giggle" when one of the trolls posts so called pictures of posters but would crap blood and run to report them if someone did it to them. They're the ones that think for some reason they are owed an apology but they're free to post whatever they want as long as they pretend it's "caring" or just "kidding" and they don't like being called on it. I've read insinuations and out and out lies posted in here about me and others by the same people that call any disagreement with them an attack. On one thread bill tried to insinuate that I was g a y. I don't think the religion forum actually needs christians to post to exist, because the threads always lead to different discussions anyway.  I lived my life just fine before I started posting here and could do the same if it disappeared tomorrow. It's the frustrated preacher wannabes, trolls, and ones that only want to crow about how good they are that would go nuts. Look at the comment you chose: 

 

 

Comments like:  I believed in a god once.  Then I turned 12. are the cause.

 

 What about the comments to atheists? Are you saying they deserve all they get? That mindset is exactly what keeps atheists posting on this forum.

 

 

Eastwick called...your new purchases are ready to be picked up...


Originally Posted by b50m:

 

 it's very hard to have a discussion when you are assumed to be ignorant and delusional to start with.

----

 

True words.  That must suck!  

 

 

I wonder what would happen if all the religious folks stopped posting? 

---

Declare victory.

 

Religion will exist without atheism but atheism is impotent without religion. We would just fade away.

 

So victory would be to stop all postings in a religious forum?  A hallow victory,  for who would see it if nobody posts anymore?

 

If i was a 'reasoning' person, it would seem that to chase away the very people you wish to 'educate' seems counter productive to your cause.

 

 

 

Originally Posted by Unobtanium:
Originally Posted by b50m:

 

 it's very hard to have a discussion when you are assumed to be ignorant and delusional to start with.

----

 

True words.  That must suck!  

 

 

I wonder what would happen if all the religious folks stopped posting? 

---

Declare victory.

 

Religion will exist without atheism but atheism is impotent without religion. We would just fade away.

 

------------------------------------------------------------

The true objective of our atheists IS to stop the religious from posting.

Thats why this forum hasn't been religious, but combative from the start of it.

 

Atheists don't discuss religion, they just try to stop the discussions of it.

This doesn't include one hundred percent of the atheists here.

.

File:Buy4cheap.biz.png

How To Be Funny And Just Not Stupid

 

Here you go cage. Chithead sent you this, it's an old edition and he said it didn't help him, but maybe you could find something in there he missed that you could use.  Let him know if you do.

Originally Posted by INVICTUS:

The true objective of our atheists IS to stop the religious from posting.

Thats why this forum hasn't been religious, but combative from the start of it.

 

Atheists don't discuss religion, they just try to stop the discussions of it.

This doesn't include one hundred percent of the atheists here.

 

**********************************************************************************************

I disagree, in an adult agree to disagree manner. 

Why would the Atheist here want to stop the religious from posting? Bill Gray is the most combative person on this forum. He doesn't teach, he doesn't try to reach anyone with love/compassion. With him, it's all about condemnation. He's the only one on here that has run people off & have even gotten some banned. The only person I haven't seen him attack is Fireman. That's why some people here believe they're one & the same.

 

I haven't seen any Atheist try to stop the discussion of religion. They get upset because they are called names or told they're stupid for not believing in God. The religious get upset for the same reason because they are called names or told they're stupid for believing in God. It's a vicious cycle.

It's not necessarily what is said, as much as how it's said.

 

I've learned a lot on this religion forum, from both the religious & the Atheist. Some good, some not so good. I believe the majority of the people here is good, decent human beings, no matter what they believe. As I've said before, I been treated better here by the Atheist than some of the Christians. Notice I said some Christians, not all. Some of you have made me laugh, some have made me sad & cry but I have learned something. And I hope to continue learning.

 

Originally Posted by Magpie:
Semi!! You didn’t know?? Tick is a love slave over on a forum hosted by Madam Liv Tyler.The last time I looked he was cuffed to the bed posts wearing nothing but his leathers.

I don't know why a COC or any Christian would be going to a forum where people are chained to a bed. Wouldn't that be considered a no no in the Bible?

 

Originally Posted by b50m:
Originally Posted by Magpie:
Originally Posted by semiannualchick:
Originally Posted by ReleaseTheElephant:
I don't mind breaking it to you...You are full of $h*t. 

You obviously have some "issues" with Tick.

Did he expose your crap? Call you out? Maybe just put you in your place?

What "alter" were you using when he canned your ass?

I liked Tick & miss him......what happened to him?

Semi!! You didn’t know?? Tick is a love slave over on a forum hosted by Madam Liv Tyler.

The last time I looked he was cuffed to the bed posts wearing nothing but his leathers.

Cage and Ubu were jockeying for position. Go over there and see for yourself if you don’t believe me.

The girls over there are giggling and shrieking as they run in and out from under a water sprinkler. They tease not to really get wet at first but ole tick is just waiting for someone to venture too close.

Go check-um out if you don’t believe me.

LMM is the towel girl.

You are one sick man. 

66666666666666666

ok lmm make me a liar.......what did i say that ya'll are not involved in over there?

 

tick ain't coming back over here, you can bet on that. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxrated

 

Originally posted by Semi:

Yes, it could happen, my friend. I don't think you're a liar either but just because someone says you are, doesn't make it so. Someone called me a ***** yesterday, so I smiled & said thank you, I certainly can be when the time calls for it.

 

I think you are Christian enough in that heart of yours that you can forgive anyone anything. I've told a lie before to keep someone from being hurt when she asked something that I knew would hurt her if I answered true. Does that label me as a liar?

We receive kindness by showing kindness. You're my friend & I know you have a forgiving heart

_____________________________________________________________________________

Originally Posted by O No!:

Semi, I love you girl! You're a beautiful person and you have a beautiful heart.

 

If Jennifer wants to be friends with me, first she will have to apologize. I have no trouble forgiving people, but it is useless to forgive someone only to be attacked again. That wouldn't be being Christian, that would be  being stupid.

 

We ALL tell "white lies" - the type of lie you tell out of kindness. (Things like, "How do you like my new haircut?" "Oh, it looks nice.", when in fact it makes her look like a poodle who has been run over by a lawnmower.) And when you get right down to it, that commandment DOESN'T say "Thou shalt not lie", it says, "Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor". There is a big difference. Bearing false witness means accusing someone of something they didn't do. (Just like Jennifer did when she accused me of lying.)

 

No, I doubt Jennifer and I will ever be friends, but I'm glad YOU can be friends with both of us. Now, doesn't that ell you something about YOURSELF? - you can find yourself in the middle of a manure storm and still not get any on you, because both sides want to avoid hurting YOU. I'll never fling any at you, and I don't think Jennifer would ever fling any at you either. Face it, Semi, you are just a great person and we both think the world of you! (As I'm sure almost everyone on this forum does.)

 

Going home now. I hope you have a great night.

How very kind you are……that’s why I love you too, girlfriend! Sadly, this old heart is cold & has been for a very long time.

Jenn has a good heart, & I hope she will apologize. Sometimes we say things in the heat of the moment that we might not really mean. She’s a level headed woman & I have confidence in her to do the right thing.

 

Oh No, my friend, was Jesus not attacked many times? Would you say He was stupid? Of course, you wouldn’t, because you love Him & believe in Him.  

 

You’re right, the Bible doesn’t say "Thou shalt not lie", but does say “Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor”. Thank you, I never really thought about that before but I still believe a lie to be a lie, no matter what color it is.

 

Never say never, it could happen & if I believed in prayer, I would pray that you & Jenn will work things out. I may not be praying for it but I’m wishing for it with everything in my soul.

 

I know both of you would avoid hurting me, that you would never fling anything bad my way & I don’t think Jennifer would either. See, you just admitted that you think you & Jenn agree on something. That’s a first step in the right direction.

 

I’m not a great person, but thank you for thinking so. And, no, not everyone on this forum thinks so. And that’s ok with me, I’m just here to learn as much as I can & of course, to hopefully teach Bill what love/compassion is. You & Jenn are much better people than I will ever be.

Love you, my precious friend! And you too, Jenn. Both of you are good people!!

 

 

 

 

Originally Posted by semiannualchick:
Originally Posted by Magpie:
Semi!! You didn’t know?? Tick is a love slave over on a forum hosted by Madam Liv Tyler.The last time I looked he was cuffed to the bed posts wearing nothing but his leathers.

I don't know why a COC or any Christian would be going to a forum where people are chained to a bed. Wouldn't that be considered a no no in the Bible?

 


66666666666666666666

i don't know of any COC member that would object but I can't speak for everyone.

Jen? Semi is right. She says she came here to learn something, but it seems she can also teach too. You and I may not have much in common, but we do have our love for our friend Semi in common. I am willing to try for her sake, if you are. I will apologize for calling you bitter if you will apologize for calling me a liar. We may never agree on much else, but we could at least start being civil to each other. Are you game?

Originally Posted by O No!:

Jen? Semi is right. She says she came here to learn something, but it seems she can also teach too. You and I may not have much in common, but we do have our love for our friend Semi in common. I am willing to try for her sake, if you are. I will apologize for calling you bitter if you will apologize for calling me a liar. We may never agree on much else, but we could at least start being civil to each other. Are you game?

 

 

 

Don't hold your breath on that one...

 
Originally Posted by O No!:

Jen? Semi is right. She says she came here to learn something, but it seems she can also teach too. You and I may not have much in common, but we do have our love for our friend Semi in common. I am willing to try for her sake, if you are. I will apologize for calling you bitter if you will apologize for calling me a liar. We may never agree on much else, but we could at least start being civil to each other. Are you game?

 

Originally Posted by ReleaseTheElephant:

Don't hold your breath on that one...

You're not helping anything. If you can't say something good about the fence's I'm trying to mend, please don't say anything at all. Jenn has as much good in her as anyone on this forum. We all have different opinions about things, but that doesn't make any of us bad people.

From what I can see, atheists aren't trying to stop the religious from discussing anything.

In fact, we atheists usually try to keep it going-the thing is though, atheists discuss stuff that the religious don't seem to wanna hear or admit about their own belief.

  THAT'S when the religious start getting all 'persecuted' and stuff....

 

Atheists pick out the 'dark' parts of the bible sometimes BECAUSE the believers purposely ignore them.  I personally figure that if you're gonna believe the story-believe the WHOLE story and accept it for what it is.

 

Those dark parts are in there, plain as day.  We heathens didn't make them up just to berate or insult you in any way, but a lotta us figure that before you believers get all high and mighty and morally superior on us, Ya might wanna first make sure that your own doctrine isn't making a liar outta ya from the get-go.

 

We read the whole story. We're not just cherry-picking the bad parts out-but we do remind the GZs that they do in fact exist.

 

I find it kinda ironic that O is basically doing the same thing that she is accusing heathens of doing.........She's just sugarcoating it with the guise of "christian benevolence."

Ya know....."For our own good."

 

Debate happens.  Somebody's gonna be right and somebody's gonna be wrong-or maybe everybody's right or everybody's wrong.  Either way-NO, we CAN'Talll always get along in that respect.  Doesn't mean I don't like ya-Just means I disagree.  Sometimes vehemently.

 

  I think that if you're going to go to war-which is what you're doing when you argue-that you should first understand the process.  Sure, you can shoot at me-but expect a few of my return shots to find their marks.

 

Get a helmet. 

 

  Ya can't cry "no fair" when ya knew the rules of combat to start with.

 

 

 

Do the rules include not using the Bible as  a reference RP?  Seems that is the atheist preferred method of attack.

 

If you disarm your opponent and then shoot at will, not much of a fair fight.

 

We have also 'read the whole thing'. There are dark parts. There are glorious parts. There are logical and illogical parts.

 

If you are put on a motorcycle going 80 down a gravel road without your helmet, boots, long pants and a jacket, how is the sliding through the gravel going to feel?

 

Add Reply

Post

×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×