- The arrests were announced by Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo on Monday
- The five were arrested on March 7 while on their way to commit another murder
- All of the victims were either shot or stabbed numerous times, police said
- Three of the suspects are from El Salvador and one is from Honduras; one of them is also a juvenile aged 17
- Charges include kidnapping, assault with intent to commit murder, first-degree murder, use of a firearm resulting in death and crimes occurring on federal land
- MS-13 is the name of an El Salvadorian criminal enterprise that is 'transnational'
Las Vegas police announced that five suspects have been arrested in connection to 10 murders tied to the MS-13 gang.
Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo announced on Monday that the five are in federal custody for the homicides that have taken place over the course of a year, reported Las Vegas Now.
Lombardo added that all of the victims either were shot or stabbed numerous times.
According to police, six of the 10 victims were kidnapped before being murdered on the outskirts of town.
The suspects were taken into custody on Jones Boulevard on March 7 as they were on their way to kill another person, according to homicide Captain Robert Plummer who was also at the news conference.
'The suspects involved in these crimes are extremely violent,' said Lombardo. 'They kill their victims over as little as identifying with another gang or participating in street level narcotic sales.'
Build the wall..........