You probably noticed "BettyAnn" who seemed to think it was funny. We don't sell ads, but with Trader coming on board and with a local celebrity also joining the news team when she gets ready, we may. Just don't pay any attention to BettyAnn, we all know who she is.

As for Allen Wilson, I've known him for years. Brooks is my alma mater and I'm sorry they've had so much trouble. That's all that meant. He's not connected to any child molestation, he's just a bully that was bad for the school.
quote:
Originally posted by Trutooit-II:
You probably noticed "BettyAnn" who seemed to think it was funny. We don't sell ads, but with Trader coming on board and with a local celebrity also joining the news team when she gets ready, we may. Just don't pay any attention to BettyAnn, we all know who she is.

As for Allen Wilson, I've known him for years. Brooks is my alma mater and I'm sorry they've had so much trouble. That's all that meant. He's not connected to any child molestation, he's just a bully that was bad for the school.


If he's not connected to anything to do with the story -- then why drag him into another conversation. He's a bully, but constantly bringing him into any conversation that has to do with Brooks High School borders on harassment and pettiness in my opinion -- and could be considered bullying on SS part. Careful to not stoop to his level. If he's not relevant, didn't have anything to do with the story -- there is no need to mention his name. Just my opinion and the blog is just your opinions as well -- so I guess it's even.

As for it being a big story -- not sure that it is a big story for our area. It is a big story for Mississippi. The Times Daily has a tendency to bring too much "out of the area" news in to fill the pages -- I guess they didn't see this as relevant since he has been gone for so many years. Of course, they don't see a lot of things as important until it's made news elsewhere -- but I won't get started on them.

Is there a statute of limitations on anyone he could have offended on at Brooks set to expire? It would be good for anyone to come forward that he may have harmed, but other than that -- I'm glad he's gone.
I think it has a lot to do with the Lauderdale Bd of Ed. Just look at the Asst. principal thing. The principal at Brooks wanted the woman, but other bd. members wanted someone else. Valentine just sat there. Things never change or haven't in 30 yrs. I'm hoping the right ppl get elected this time.
quote:
Originally posted by Trutooit-II:
I think it has a lot to do with the Lauderdale Bd of Ed. Just look at the Asst. principal thing. The principal at Brooks wanted the woman, but other bd. members wanted someone else. Valentine just sat there. Things never change or haven't in 30 yrs. I'm hoping the right ppl get elected this time.


I guess I don't get it. I don't see how the assistant principal thing with Valentine is anywhere near connected to or similar to the predator getting hired in the 80s. No, politics has not changed in 30 years and I agree changes need to come for many reasons, but to bring up Allen Wilson to try to build an arguement about the board for something that happened when maybe several of the members now were not on the board then - I don't get the math, but whatever.

Valentine was the sole problem with the assistant principal. Valentine needs to go for many reasons, but bringing up Allen Wilson actually only shows support for Valentine because Valentine was part of the main thrust to get him out of there. Careful like I said what you try to throw in there as your arguement -- if many people see it like I do -- it might only backfire.

However, Valentine is nothing like Hot Linville or even Walker or Fulmer. And if I'm not mistaken -- Linville was the super back in the 80s. Politics doesn't ever change. Oh they say they are change -- but like we see with Obama -- we only trade one evil for another in the political scheme of things.
quote:
Originally posted by Eastside:
quote:
Originally posted by Trutooit-II:
I think it has a lot to do with the Lauderdale Bd of Ed. Just look at the Asst. principal thing. The principal at Brooks wanted the woman, but other bd. members wanted someone else. Valentine just sat there. Things never change or haven't in 30 yrs. I'm hoping the right ppl get elected this time.



I guess I don't get it. I don't see how the assistant principal thing with Valentine is anywhere near connected to or similar to the predator getting hired in the 80s. No, politics has not changed in 30 years and I agree changes need to come for many reasons, but to bring up Allen Wilson to try to build an arguement about the board for something that happened when maybe several of the members now were not on the board then - I don't get the math, but whatever.

Valentine was the sole problem with the assistant principal. Valentine needs to go for many reasons, but bringing up Allen Wilson actually only shows support for Valentine because Valentine was part of the main thrust to get him out of there. Careful like I said what you try to throw in there as your arguement -- if many people see it like I do -- it might only backfire.

However, Valentine is nothing like Hot Linville or even Walker or Fulmer. And if I'm not mistaken -- Linville was the super back in the 80s. Politics doesn't ever change. Oh they say they are change -- but like we see with Obama -- we only trade one evil for another in the political scheme of things.


I think the mentioning of Alan Wilson in a story of Brooks employees that have been charged with crimes recently makes quite a bit of sense. However the jump from our local school employees and officials to the President is quite a stretch....just my opinion.
quote:
Originally posted by Trutooit-II:
You probably noticed "BettyAnn" who seemed to think it was funny. We don't sell ads, but with Trader coming on board and with a local celebrity also joining the news team when she gets ready, we may. Just don't pay any attention to BettyAnn, we all know who she is.

As for Allen Wilson, I've known him for years. Brooks is my alma mater and I'm sorry they've had so much trouble. That's all that meant. He's not connected to any child molestation, he's just a bully that was bad for the school.


Which local celebrity?
I am sure this has been hush hush for his family. There are still many Yeager relatives in the school system, even if they do not have the same last name. The "stories" about him have been going since he started teaching & it is my understanding that it is always the same reason he leaves a school. Makes you think doesn't it?

Add Reply

Likes (0)
Post

×
×
×
×