I have to recommend Riverside ,just off Court St. The breakfasts are wonderful, if you enjoy a full southern style breakfast! The downside,they do allow smoking,but the food is worth going.
Original Post
quote:
Originally posted by smurph:
I have to recommend Riverside ,just off Court St. The breakfasts are wonderful, if you enjoy a full southern style breakfast! The downside,they do allow smoking,but the food is worth going.


Yes, they DO have good breakfast!!!! But don't order the hamburger... very low quality frozen patties!
never eaten there anytime but breakfast,thanks for the headsup on the burgers. Its a ritual now during the summer,my best friend and i eat breakfast there every Tuesday morning before heading down to the flea market.
Where bouts off court street...north or south? Which side east or west? What are they next too?
Are they open on Sat or Sun?
What would you recommend..omelets, pancakes, ???
Oh my goodness. You want a good breakfast? You go to STAGG'S GROCERY in East Florence. Your belly will be full, your mouth will be happy, and your wallet won't feel much lighter.

If I knew ahead of time that I could only have ONE last biscuit in my life - and if no relatives, my grandmamma included could prepare it - I'd go to Stagg's. I've said it before, but they make biscuits like the good Lord intended. They'll pile them up with whatever you like, and your taste buds will thank you for it.

You can get eggs the way you like 'em, ham, sausage, bacon, grits, toast, and those wonderful biscuits. I think they serve other stuff too for breakfast (pancakes, maybe?), but I just fill up on those biscuits & eggs & the fixings. My mouth is watering from thinking about it!
quote:
Originally posted by traderconnections:
Where bouts off court street...north or south? Which side east or west? What are they next too?
Are they open on Sat or Sun?
What would you recommend..omelets, pancakes, ???


Riverside is just off Court Street, less than a block, to the East on Limestone Street. I don't care to go there because of the smoke. For me personally, I always felt that it's kind of like a Waffle House with better food but with loads more smoke. They are a 24 hour place (or used to be, anyway). Maybe the smoke factor is better in the morning with a different clientele, but it never really leaves the place. As I recall, they didn't used to have a separate smoking section.
quote:
Originally posted by traderconnections:
Where bouts off court street...north or south? Which side east or west? What are they next too?
Are they open on Sat or Sun?
What would you recommend..omelets, pancakes, ???


On Limestone Street between Seminary and Court.
Riverside sounds like the old Biscuit Village in Muscle Shoals. Anyone remember that place? Sad they tore it down.
quote:
Originally posted by mandomama:
Riverside sounds like the old Biscuit Village in Muscle Shoals. Anyone remember that place? Sad they tore it down.


I do. I remember, when I was a kid, that everyone used to talk about how George Jones ate there all the time. My uncle took me there once and I thought the little single serving jellies were the coolest thing I'd ever seen. (read: sheltered life)
Sad that a CVS stands there now. I think that place could have been a landmark that correlates to Fame Studios.
didn't Staggs close down? I have not been down that way in awhile. Now ya wanna talk hamburgers,,Staggs had the greatest!
quote:
Originally posted by mandomama:
Riverside sounds like the old Biscuit Village in Muscle Shoals. Anyone remember that place? Sad they tore it down.


Mandomama,

Riverside is similar in concept, but they couldn't hold a candle to Biscuit Village! I sure miss the place.
quote:
Originally posted by smurph:
didn't Staggs close down? I have not been down that way in awhile. Now ya wanna talk hamburgers,,Staggs had the greatest!


Smurph, it's still there, still kicking, better than ever. I started a thread on it - check it out.
Riverside reminds me of Tourway..... and yes, i miss Biscuit Village... those big biscuits, good coffee, almost burned bacon.... they even brought kayro if ya asked for it....
quote:
Originally posted by OriginalBama:
Riverside reminds me of Tourway..... and yes, i miss Biscuit Village... those big biscuits, good coffee, almost burned bacon.... they even brought kayro if ya asked for it....


And that red-eye gravy... yum...
Duh me, i forgot about the red-eye gravy..... i think Killen Diner will serve that. Not many places that will or even know how lol....

Add Reply

×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×