Originally Posted by Unobtanium:
Originally Posted by Contendah:
 

What say you , Mo? How does this kind of behavior square with your description of a "religion of peace"?

 

Are you sure you want to pull that thread, Contendah?

Shall I point out specific versus of the bible that blatantly justify the killing (or worse) of people who do not believe as you do?   Do you REALLY assert that Christianity is a much more peaceful religion than Islam?  Do I need to point you to the murder of an abortion doctor? The bombing of Olympic Park?  The Inquisition? Witch hunts?  The KKK? Adolph Hitler?

 

Shall I examine the beam in your eye while you dissect the splinter in Mo's? 

 

 

I hope you are drunk and posting this...if not, you have completely lost your mind.

Originally Posted by Mohammad Suket Rashid:
Originally Posted by Contendah:
 

Mohammed flunked out on that one, Mo.  Can you do better? I doubt it.


The holy Quran is the literal, inerrant word of God passed through Gabriel to Mohammad. There are no mistake except those minunderstood by infidels. Our numbers far exceed those of Christians. A few of our emmisaries will be soon travelling to the Florence area to announce our plan and condut meeting with local authoritis. We will let you know when the time comes so you can come see for yourself.

Your claim about numbers of Muslims is WRONG, Mo.  Here is the correct info:

http://www.adherents.com/Religions_By_Adherents.html

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_religious_groups

 

http://www.religionfacts.com/big_religion_chart.htm

 

IN all of these sources, you guys are Number 2 and Chrisatianity heads the list.

 

Where do you get YOUR information, Mo?

Originally Posted by Unobtanium:
Originally Posted by Contendah:
 

What say you , Mo? How does this kind of behavior square with your description of a "religion of peace"?

 

Are you sure you want to pull that thread, Contendah?

Shall I point out specific versus of the bible that blatantly justify the killing (or worse) of people who do not believe as you do?   Do you REALLY assert that Christianity is a much more peaceful religion than Islam?  Do I need to point you to the murder of an abortion doctor? The bombing of Olympic Park?  The Inquisition? Witch hunts?  The KKK? Adolph Hitler?

 

Shall I examine the beam in your eye while you dissect the splinter in Mo's? 


xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Just in case you missed it, Unobtanium, this thread is not about the purported excesses of Christianity in history.  Rashid is attempting to make a case for his religion,  Rashid claims it is a religion of peace.  It is fair game to question that claim on the basis of what is going on in this world  in Iraq and Afghanistan, where Muslim suicide bombers are randomly killing Muslims.  If you want to open another thread focusing on the comparative sins of various religions through history, then feel free to do so, but you are veering off-topic when you imply that I should include that kind of information in my to-the-point query to Rashid.

 

There is no reason for me to pull the topic I posted. As to pulling the "thread," that is not within my power. It is the prerogative of the forum administrator.  See him about that if you feel that strongly about it.

Originally Posted by NashBama:

You're missing it.

 

Look up "shirk".

 

The question is for Rashid to answer. Since you don't believe in any god, then blasphemy does not exist. Therefore, it doesn't matter whether I think it is or isn't. You're kind of left out on this one, so sit back and let's see how Rashid responds.

 

No, it matters.  If you are to be consistent, the only logical answer is to say, "Yes, Jews (and Hindus and Buddhists and all other non-christian religions) are all blasphemous.  I don't have to believe in a god (note the capitalization, Ono, this is a reference to a "generic" god and not the god named God!) to understand the concept of blasphemy.  From my vantage point of outside looking in, you are just as guilty and inconsistent as our new friend Mo is.

It's perfectly accept to state that Jews are being blasphemous, Nash. No harm is done to your stance by admitting that.  To do so, you must be prepared to assert that ALL religions are ALL blasphemous to each other.  The trick is to know which of them is the "correct" religion.  

There is so much to respond to here but so little time, my friends. I shall endevor to answer them in good tiime.  Nashbama, your isights are interesting my friend but yes it is true that Jesus was just a prophet. A supremely worthy prophet but just a prophet.

Jesus is known to us a Isa.  Muslims do believe that Isa is not God or Lord, nor the son of God. Muslims do not believe that Isa is dead or was ever crucified. We believe that he was raised to heaven and is there, and will descend at the appointed time, end all wars, and bring peace to the world.  Like Isa, Muhammad (Peace be upon him) is also a Prophet and Messenger. Muhammed (Peace be upon him) is the last Prophet, though, and there is none after him.  Hence, Islam is the last religion, complete,  with the Holy Qur'an as the unchanged and perfect word of God for over 1400 years, as God promised to preserve it till the last day for all of humankind, unlike sacred texts of other religions which have mulitple versions and are "revised" periodically.  God, or Allah in Arabic, is Divine and Supreme Being and Creator.
  So my friend I cannot say that I blaspheme Jesus' name when we state he was not the son of God.  This is our faith. This beleif is required of us. What reference do you have that proves you are correct?

In peace.

We believe that he was raised to heaven and is there, and will descend at the appointed time, end all wars, and bring peace to the world. 

 

***************************************************************************************************************

End all wars? How? Is he going to do away with all religion?

My new friend Mr. Bil Gray.

I shall enjoy speaking wiht you about our faith in hopes of clensing you of your nonbelief in Allah, the lord and creator of the universe and his messenger Mohammed, peace be upon him.  The history of Islam is far older than Christianity. Abraham (we write his name as: إبراهيم,) is recognized in Islam as a prophet and apostle of God and patriarch of many peoples. In Muslim belief, Abraham fulfilled all the commandments and trials which God tried him with over his lifetime. As a result of his unwavering faith in God, Abraham was promised by God to be a leader to all the nations of the world. Abraham, in Muslim belief, embodies the type of the perfect Muslim and the Qur'an mentions Abraham as a model for mankind.

 So my friend, my religion has the same root as yours and thus we can be said to worship the same God, Allah. That is a very good thing for you! We differ on who the last prophet was. It is not such a major difference but the fact is that your Jesus did not fulfil all the prophecies but Mohammed did.  These are the facts as we know them. Peace be upon you. 

 

Originally Posted by Jennifer:

We believe that he was raised to heaven and is there, and will descend at the appointed time, end all wars, and bring peace to the world. 

 

***************************************************************************************************************

End all wars? How? Is he going to do away with all religion?

My friend Jennifer, once the day of Judgement comes, the niverse will be destroyed and none but Brothers and Sisters in Islam will be admitted into heaven. Thus the universe will finally at long last be at peace.

 

Allah said, as revealed by the prophet Mohammed, "And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will not be accepted from him and he will be one of the losers in the Hereafter." (Quran, 3:85)

Originally Posted by renecillo7:

Ok, I am a little confused! Is release the elephant the same dude as cage the elephant?

 

 

"Alas, Poor Cage...I knew him well"

It appears that the "powers that be" simply were not ready for an essence such as "Cage".

But, after all...aren't we all just "spirits" here anyway?

Originally Posted by Mohammad Suket Rashid:
Originally Posted by Jennifer:

We believe that he was raised to heaven and is there, and will descend at the appointed time, end all wars, and bring peace to the world. 

 

***************************************************************************************************************

End all wars? How? Is he going to do away with all religion?

My friend Jennifer, once the day of Judgement comes, the niverse will be destroyed and none but Brothers and Sisters in Islam will be admitted into heaven. Thus the universe will finally at long last be at peace.

 

Allah said, as revealed by the prophet Mohammed, "And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will not be accepted from him and he will be one of the losers in the Hereafter." (Quran, 3:85)


My God the Father of Jesus Christ who is Lord and Savoir of this World is the God of Abraham, Father of us all, Creator of the Universe. He is a God of love not of hate like yours. He loves us all and this means you to Rashid. To you and your clan I am an infadel, one to be destroyed. Let me warn you Rashid (if that is who you are) if you carry hate to the grave, you will be amongst those who hate.

Try the love thing, it's pretty nice.

 

May your flock of goats multiply.

Skippy

Originally Posted by Mohammad Suket Rashid:

There is so much to respond to here but so little time, my friends. I shall endevor to answer them in good tiime.  Nashbama, your isights are interesting my friend but yes it is true that Jesus was just a prophet. A supremely worthy prophet but just a prophet.

Jesus is known to us a Isa.  Muslims do believe that Isa is not God or Lord, nor the son of God. Muslims do not believe that Isa is dead or was ever crucified. We believe that he was raised to heaven and is there, and will descend at the appointed time, end all wars, and bring peace to the world.  Like Isa, Muhammad (Peace be upon him) is also a Prophet and Messenger. Muhammed (Peace be upon him) is the last Prophet, though, and there is none after him.  Hence, Islam is the last religion, complete,  with the Holy Qur'an as the unchanged and perfect word of God for over 1400 years, as God promised to preserve it till the last day for all of humankind, unlike sacred texts of other religions which have mulitple versions and are "revised" periodically.  God, or Allah in Arabic, is Divine and Supreme Being and Creator.
  So my friend I cannot say that I blaspheme Jesus' name when we state he was not the son of God.  This is our faith. This beleif is required of us. What reference do you have that proves you are correct?

In peace.

Luke 22:70. Does this mean you believe Jesus, or Isa as you call him, lied?

 

Also, if you do not believe Jesus was crucified, then that means that his disciples also lied by claiming He was. It also goes against the historical evidence that shows Christianity began with the events surrounding a crucifixion.

 

So if the Qur'an claims that Jesus is not divine, yet Jesus Himself showed that He was, then which one is true and why?

 

Also, do Muslims have any kind of assurance that they are saved?

Originally Posted by Contendah:
There is no reason for me to pull the topic I posted. As to pulling the "thread," that is not within my power. It is the prerogative of the forum administrator.  See him about that if you feel that strongly about it.

 

"Pulling the thread" is a metaphor. Envision pulling a loose thread on a sweater then imagine the inevitable results and you'll get the idea.

Originally Posted by Unobtanium:
Originally Posted by skippy delepepper:

That's easy,

Their assurance is a bomb strapped to their five year olds waist.

Skippy


Skippy, is Warren Jeffs an accurate representative of your Mormon religion?


Sorry to disappoint you but you have the wrong religion. Kinda like the Lutheran Church is a sect of the Catholic Church.

Skippy

Add Reply

Likes (0)
Post

×
×
×
×