Have you ever tried bring nice to someone? I have known you from the other forum for years. You use to be Hoss but like the rest of us we have found a better place. NOW Back to the facts. If you would try being nice and polite to people you might find a happier life and less stressful. LET IT GO!!! MrCharles
Original Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sweetpea&Tiger:
Have you ever tried bring nice to someone? I have known you from the other forum for years. You use to be Hoss but like the rest of us we have found a better place. NOW Back to the facts. If you would try being nice and polite to people you might find a happier life and less stressful. LET IT GO!!! MrCharles


My life is happy and is probably no more stressed than average. We do live in stressful times. I get great personal satisfaction from assisting others on these forums to see the truth more clearly.

The TD forums are such a small corner of my life that no change in my demeanor here would result in any really significant moderation of the quality of my existence. I get along quite well with just about everyone I know. The people in my “real life” with whom I choose to discuss differences of opinion face to face (as opposed to those I randomly encounter on forums—where the nut-cake index is predictably high) are mature persons who relish the energetic give-and-take of dissent and debate and who do not wear tender feelings exposed upon their sleeves. Unfortunately, that attitude is in short supply on most forums, in large measure because of the all-too-common incompetence of participants to stick to the principles of argumentation, discussion, and debate. For example, when someone on the forums points out miscreant behavior by a public political figure, the almost predictable response by many participants is to ignore that information and to post something notorious about a political figure of the opposite persuasion. That kind of “So’s yer old man” response gets old and tired after a short while. Very often, I try hard to encourage participants to stick with the substance of a posted thread and to thereby contribute to a discussion of the genuine issues being discussed. Obviously, there are those who resist such encouragement, more often than not because they refuse to acknowledge the flaws in their own arguments and therefore decide to blow smoke instead. I shall continue to counsel pointedly with such slackers.

There are many on these forums who are more critical of other posters than I am and who are sometimes just plain insulting and childish in their attacks. I refer to those who routinely address those with whom they disagree as "commies," "leftards," “Demonrats,” and the like and others who address me with such distortions of my forum name as “bitter rot,” beternuttin,” and “beturdU,” list a few. You might consider extending your adjurations to some of those unproductive and puerile types.
quote:
as “bitter rot,” beternuttin,” and “beturdU,” list a few. You might consider extending your adjurations to some of those unproductive and puerile types.


Tell you what bitter rot,
I'll stop calling you that when you stop calling the tea party movement by that disgusting term.

Deal?
quote:
Originally posted by beternU:
I get great personal satisfaction from assisting others on these forums to see the truth more clearly.
as opposed to those I randomly encounter on forums—where the nut-cake index is predictably high. I shall continue to counsel pointedly with such slackers.


I don't think people here want your kind of "assistance". In fact, I don't think you're liked very well by the people on this forum.
Nut-cake index? Are you including yourself in that index?
quote:
Originally posted by baracus:
quote:
as “bitter rot,” beternuttin,” and “beturdU,” list a few. You might consider extending your adjurations to some of those unproductive and puerile types.


Tell you what bitter rot,
I'll stop calling you that when you stop calling the tea party movement by that disgusting term.

Deal?


I think you must have me mixed up with someone else. I did a word search back through the forums and the last time I used the term that so distresses you was July 22 of this year, and even then, I used it in quotes, since I was referring to prior usaes by others than myself. Thus, you see, even the very limited and qualified extent of my past use of the term ceased about 5 months ago, so it would be fair to say, would it not, that I have already stopped using the term? You, however, have in the interim continued to employ insulting variants of my forum name. I suggest that now it is time for you to stop.
Don't worry about 'em BeternU. They wouldn't have bothered to start a thread if they didn't feel lessernu by your beternthem usage of English grammar. Wink It always amazes me how a person can be a math whiz and be thought to be an intellect but the minute you toss out a five dollar word, people think you're pretentious.

Keep on, keepin' on, brother! I like your posts.
quote:
Originally posted by AtomAnt:
Don't worry about 'em BeternU. They wouldn't have bothered to start a thread if they didn't feel lessernu by your beternthem usage of English grammar. Wink It always amazes me how a person can be a math whiz and be thought to be an intellect but the minute you toss out a five dollar word, people think you're pretentious.

Keep on, keepin' on, brother! I like your posts.


Bumble you sure are a butt kissing suck up.
quote:
Originally posted by ellebeam:
quote:
Originally posted by AtomAnt:
Don't worry about 'em BeternU. They wouldn't have bothered to start a thread if they didn't feel lessernu by your beternthem usage of English grammar. Wink It always amazes me how a person can be a math whiz and be thought to be an intellect but the minute you toss out a five dollar word, people think you're pretentious.

Keep on, keepin' on, brother! I like your posts.


Bumble you sure are a butt kissing suck up.


ellebeam, you have now entered the grand total of four (4) posts in the Times Daily forums. All of them are totally vapid and worthless. The one immediately above is, in addition, crude and boorish.

Please try to do a little better.
quote:
Originally posted by semiannualchick:
quote:
Originally posted by beternU:
I get great personal satisfaction from assisting others on these forums to see the truth more clearly.
as opposed to those I randomly encounter on forums—where the nut-cake index is predictably high. I shall continue to counsel pointedly with such slackers.


I don't think people here want your kind of "assistance". In fact, I don't think you're liked very well by the people on this forum.
Nut-cake index? Are you including yourself in that index?


You are free to "think" or to not think anything you wish. You are also free to post puerile tripe such as the material immediately above. Isn't freedom a wonderful thing!!
quote:
Originally posted by Sweetpea&Tiger:
Have you ever tried bring nice to someone? I have known you from the other forum for years. You use to be Hoss but like the rest of us we have found a better place.....


AHEM! there is only ONE hoss, thank you! Big Grin

we all have a place on the forum. although i don't agree with all betern's views, i enjoy his posts. it's ok for people to have different (and eloquently expressed) views, you know.

why the call out?
quote:
Originally posted by beternU:
quote:
Originally posted by semiannualchick:
quote:
Originally posted by beternU:
I get great personal satisfaction from assisting others on these forums to see the truth more clearly.
as opposed to those I randomly encounter on forums—where the nut-cake index is predictably high. I shall continue to counsel pointedly with such slackers.


I don't think people here want your kind of "assistance". In fact, I don't think you're liked very well by the people on this forum.
Nut-cake index? Are you including yourself in that index?


You are free to "think" or to not think anything you wish. You are also free to post puerile tripe such as the material immediately above. Isn't freedom a wonderful thing!!


Yeah, that's all well and good- but before ya give yer own horn another honk-ask yourself this: Can yer snot make coleslaw? 'Cause that IS the defining characteristic of somebody who IS TRULY "betterneverybodyelse." Big Grin
Vapid Definition | Definition of Vapid at Dictionary.com
1. lacking or having lost life, sharpness, or flavor; insipid; flat: vapid tea. 2. without liveliness or spirit; dull or tedious: a vapid party; ...

Urban Dictionary: peurile
peurile - 5 definitions - To comment on topic / item / situation in gratuitously snarky, scabrous semi-crapulous and peurile manner with references...

or if you please...

puerile - definition of puerile by the Free Online Dictionary ...
pu·er·ile (py r- l, py r l, - l ). adj. 1. Belonging to childhood; juvenile. 2. Immature; childish. See Synonyms at young. ...
www.thefreedictionary.com/puerile

And "usaes" is an abbreviation of a government entity -- so I think it was just a typo...

Again, I had to pull out my dictionary...at least our vocabulary has been expanded even if our minds haven't...although the Urban dictionary's definition of peurile suits many of his posts that I read...snarky very snarky...I like that word...snarky...Big Grin

Hope you all had a Merry CHRISTmas...glad to see I didn't miss much around here...lol...ya'll have a great week!
quote:
Originally posted by semiannualchick:
quote:
Originally posted by AtomAnt:
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/tripe


I don't need your dictionary, I knew what it meant. My question was because you don't know anything about me.


sorry, semi! i read Better's post wrong. i thought he was talking about ellebeam/maebelle who got banned for general nasty behavior.

no offense to you, semi!! please accept my apologies.
quote:
Originally posted by DixieChik:
Vapid Definition | Definition of Vapid at Dictionary.com
1. lacking or having lost life, sharpness, or flavor; insipid; flat: vapid tea. 2. without liveliness or spirit; dull or tedious: a vapid party; ...

Urban Dictionary: peurile
peurile - 5 definitions - To comment on topic / item / situation in gratuitously snarky, scabrous semi-crapulous and peurile manner with references...

or if you please...

puerile - definition of puerile by the Free Online Dictionary ...
pu·er·ile (py r- l, py r l, - l ). adj. 1. Belonging to childhood; juvenile. 2. Immature; childish. See Synonyms at young. ...
www.thefreedictionary.com/puerile

And "usaes" is an abbreviation of a government entity -- so I think it was just a typo...

Again, I had to pull out my dictionary...at least our vocabulary has been expanded even if our minds haven't...although the Urban dictionary's definition of peurile suits many of his posts that I read...snarky very snarky...I like that word...snarky...Big Grin

Hope you all had a Merry CHRISTmas...glad to see I didn't miss much around here...lol...ya'll have a great week!


A truly free spirit you are--not constrained by just one way to spell "puerile," you spell it in two ways several times each.
quote:
Originally posted by beternU:
quote:
Originally posted by DixieChik:
Vapid Definition | Definition of Vapid at Dictionary.com
1. lacking or having lost life, sharpness, or flavor; insipid; flat: vapid tea. 2. without liveliness or spirit; dull or tedious: a vapid party; ...

Urban Dictionary: peurile
peurile - 5 definitions - To comment on topic / item / situation in gratuitously snarky, scabrous semi-crapulous and peurile manner with references...

or if you please...

puerile - definition of puerile by the Free Online Dictionary ...
pu·er·ile (py r- l, py r l, - l ). adj. 1. Belonging to childhood; juvenile. 2. Immature; childish. See Synonyms at young. ...
www.thefreedictionary.com/puerile

And "usaes" is an abbreviation of a government entity -- so I think it was just a typo...

Again, I had to pull out my dictionary...at least our vocabulary has been expanded even if our minds haven't...although the Urban dictionary's definition of peurile suits many of his posts that I read...snarky very snarky...I like that word...snarky...Big Grin

Hope you all had a Merry CHRISTmas...glad to see I didn't miss much around here...lol...ya'll have a great week!


A truly free spirit you are--not constrained by just one way to spell "puerile," you spell it in two ways several times each.


Actually, I copied and pasted it from the internet ... snarky all the same...I do love that word...Big Grin

Add Reply

Likes (0)
Post

×
×
×
×