Lauderdale County Income Facts
Median household income
Total # of households
Below $10,000
$10,000 – $24,999
$25,000 – $49,999
$50,000 – $74,999
$75,000 – $99,999
$100,000 – $149,999
$150,000 – $199,999
$200,000 and above
Total % below $100,000
$36,515
36,002
11.6%
24.9%
26.2%
15.7%
9.8%
8.3%
1.7%
1.8%
88.2%
SOURCE: U.S. Census, 2007 American Community Survey
''Freedom of the press is not an end in itself but a means to the end of [achieving] a free society.”
Original Post
Colbert County Income Facts
Median household income
Total # of households
Below $10,000
$10,000 – $24,999
$25,000 – $49,999
$50,000 – $74,999
$75,000 – $99,999
$100,000 – $149,999
$150,000 – $199,999
$200,000 and above
Total % below $100,000
$37,090
22,666
11.0%
24.2%
27.4%
16.9%
11.2%
6.8%
1.7%
0.8%
90.7%
SOURCE: U.S. Census, 2007 American Community Survey
quote:
Originally posted by Nobluedog:
Looks as if low wage folks have not woke up yet.


What does that mean? Are you suggesting the low wage folks should try to improve their situations or should they just stick out their hand for more welfare? Personally, I think you feel that they should ask for more of a handout.

64% of households in Lauderdale County and Colbert County have a median income above $50,000. Considering the cost of living, I think that this area is doing ok relative to some areas of the country.
Hes probably suggesting that the local businesses are not taking care of their employees and are taking advantage of people.

Personally I agree about this area doing better than most. I could move to Hville or Bham and make 30-40% more than I do here, but I would pay at least twice as much for the same home (at least), pay more in taxes, etc etc. Its all relative....

Jeepin'
quote:
Originally posted by Fighting Illini:
quote:
Originally posted by Nobluedog:
Looks as if low wage folks have not woke up yet.


What does that mean? Are you suggesting the low wage folks should try to improve their situations or should they just stick out their hand for more welfare? Personally, I think you feel that they should ask for more of a handout.

64% of households in Lauderdale County and Colbert County have a median income above $50,000. Considering the cost of living, I think that this area is doing ok relative to some areas of the country.



I'm suggesting the low wage folks to wake up and do their own thinking, instead of people like you and fox news thinking for them.

People like you don't want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. Speaking of Welfare and handouts,the big corporations are getting more handouts than poor folks. Your tax dollars are at work for big oil like BP.
quote:
Originally posted by Lets Go Jeepin':
Hes probably suggesting that the local businesses are not taking care of their employees and are taking advantage of people.

Personally I agree about this area doing better than most. I could move to Hville or Bham and make 30-40% more than I do here, but I would pay at least twice as much for the same home (at least), pay more in taxes, etc etc. Its all relative....

Jeepin'



Glad you can afford to go jeepin on the high price of gas today. I bet they are some out there that would love to go jeepin.
quote:
Originally posted by Nobluedog:
quote:
Originally posted by Lets Go Jeepin':
Hes probably suggesting that the local businesses are not taking care of their employees and are taking advantage of people.

Personally I agree about this area doing better than most. I could move to Hville or Bham and make 30-40% more than I do here, but I would pay at least twice as much for the same home (at least), pay more in taxes, etc etc. Its all relative....

Jeepin'



Glad you can afford to go jeepin on the high price of gas today. I bet they are some out there that would love to go jeepin.


Blue

You actually made a good point about corporate welfare then you had to ruin it with blatant wealth envy in your next post.
quote:
What does that mean? Are you suggesting the low wage folks should try to improve their situations or should they just stick out their hand for more welfare?


Obama's Aunt is in public housing and on welfare. If he won't take care of his own Aunt what makes you think he will take care of you?
quote:
Originally posted by tigrtrek:
quote:
Originally posted by Nobluedog:
quote:
Originally posted by Lets Go Jeepin':
Hes probably suggesting that the local businesses are not taking care of their employees and are taking advantage of people.

Personally I agree about this area doing better than most. I could move to Hville or Bham and make 30-40% more than I do here, but I would pay at least twice as much for the same home (at least), pay more in taxes, etc etc. Its all relative....

Jeepin'



Glad you can afford to go jeepin on the high price of gas today. I bet they are some out there that would love to go jeepin.


Blue

You actually made a good point about corporate welfare then you had to ruin it with blatant wealth envy in your next post.


I sure hope he is not envying my wealth, poor thing.

I bet there are some people that would love to afford to have internet, why dont you whip out that check book blue. After all, you have it, shouldnt everybody else? Thats the 'share the wealth' idea, right? Take what Ive got and share it with someone who doesnt have it (whether they work for it and deserve it or not).

BTW, glad playing in the mud has become an indication of high class. I have arrived.

Still Jeepin'
quote:
Originally posted by Nobluedog:
People like you don't want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. Speaking of Welfare and handouts,the big corporations are getting more handouts than poor folks. Your tax dollars are at work for big oil like BP.


BTW, people like who? The American people as a whole dont want to know the truth. They allow themselves to be blindly led by the nose by their government, as long as the hand outs continue and the speeches make good sound bites. The problem is not the govt, its the overall ignorance of most people and their laziness when it comes to understanding simple things like economics. Its not rocket science, when you spend more than you make, you go in the hole. The govt has been spending more than they take in for a long time.

Its not hidden from people, people just dont want to see it. Blame your fellow citizens for that.....

Jeepin'
quote:
Originally posted by Nobluedog:
quote:
Originally posted by Fighting Illini:
quote:
Originally posted by Nobluedog:
Looks as if low wage folks have not woke up yet.


What does that mean? Are you suggesting the low wage folks should try to improve their situations or should they just stick out their hand for more welfare? Personally, I think you feel that they should ask for more of a handout.

64% of households in Lauderdale County and Colbert County have a median income above $50,000. Considering the cost of living, I think that this area is doing ok relative to some areas of the country.



I'm suggesting the low wage folks to wake up and do their own thinking, instead of people like you and fox news thinking for them.

People like you don't want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. Speaking of Welfare and handouts,the big corporations are getting more handouts than poor folks. Your tax dollars are at work for big oil like BP.


Welfare exists at all levels. That's how politicians get votes. At least the evil companies that get tax breaks and other incentives hire millions of people and bring in tax revenue. There is a quarter of our population who bring nothing to the table in terms of tax revenues and live off the government their entire life. Talk about a drain on society.
quote:
Originally posted by Nobluedog:
Looks as if low wage folks have not woke up yet.

HEck, if I didn't have to go to work, I would probably not be up to read this tripe as well....
Again you raise the green flag of socialist envy over your camp. You never fail to live up to my expectations of you.
quote:
Originally posted by Ronnie P.:
quote:
What does that mean? Are you suggesting the low wage folks should try to improve their situations or should they just stick out their hand for more welfare?


Obama's Aunt is in public housing and on welfare. If he won't take care of his own Aunt what makes you think he will take care of you?


Obama and Biden don't even give 10% to their church.
I dunno, looks like he took pretty good care of her. She is apparently illegal, but is being allowed to stay here, in guvment housing, without being sent back to Kenya.
And I agree if he can't give any money to charity, he might as well give it family....lol

Add Reply

Likes (0)
Post

×
×
×
×