Jesus w as almost certainly a cannabis user and an early proponent of the medicinal properties of the drug, according to a study of scriptural texts published this month. The study suggests that Jesus and his disciples used the drug to carry out miraculous healings.

 

full article

Original Post
Originally Posted by T.B.G.:

Jesus w as almost certainly a cannabis user and an early proponent of the medicinal properties of the drug, according to a study of scriptural texts published this month. The study suggests that Jesus and his disciples used the drug to carry out miraculous healings.

 

full article

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

 

This isn't even a good guess for ruck.

 

Carl Ruck is best known for his work along with other scholars in mythology

and religion on the sacred role of entheogens, or psychoactive plants that induce

an altered state of consciousness, as used in religious or shamanistic rituals.

His focus has been on the use of entheogens in classical western culture,

as well as their historical influence on modern western religions. He currently

teaches a mythology class at Boston University that presents this theory in depth.

---------Wiki.

His head was full of drugs and mythology, go carl.

 

.

I'm pretty sure hemp wasn't easily accessible to poor people living in a desert during the 1st century. Actually, I don't think they knew it even existed.

 

Since Jesus and the authors of the gospels spoke against drunkenness, I'm pretty sure being clear headed was valued more than hallucinogens and narcotics.

2) How was the cannabis plant used by people during Biblical times?

Cannabis was widely used throughout the world since earliest times. 'Cana' got its name from the same root word as "cannabis," indicating that hemp was grown there. The Bible also describes a common way of preparing marijuana for medicinal use: "The Lord said …Afore harvest, when the bud is perfect and the sour grape is ripening in the flower, he shall cut off the sprigs with pruning hooks and take away and cut down the branches." (Isaiah 18:4-5)

Cannabis was traditionally used in 12 different ways: as clothing, paper, cord, sails, fishnet, oil, sealant, incense, food, and in ceremony, relaxation and medicine. And it was written, "On either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare 12 manner of fruits, and yielding her fruit every month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations." (Rev. 22:1-2)

The leaves and flowers of cannabis are well known for their medicinal value, and the Thracians Scythians and Zoroastrians were just a few of the groups that were using cannabis socially during Jesus day

 

 

http://www.ebeneezer.net/ritua...le/offsite/bible.htm

TBG anyone can make a personal attack as you have on Jesus. You attack yourself on the regular basis without assistance I might add. Four letter words your forte and the bulk of your vocabulary.

Your dear mother who I adore deserves more respect from you rather than that filthy mouth in her presence.

Originally Posted by T.B.G.:
Originally Posted by okuok:

TBG anyone can make a personal attack as you have on Jesus. You attack yourself on the regular basis without assistance I might add. Four letter words your forte and the bulk of your vocabulary.

Your dear mother who I adore deserves more respect from you rather than that filthy mouth in her presence.

----------------------------------------------

hey super genius... i corrected your grammar ... my 4 letter word vocabulary is tired of your mistakes!
 
TBG, anyone can make a personal attack as you have on Jesus. You attack yourself on the regular basis without assistance, I might add. Four letter words are your forte and serve as the bulk of your vocabulary.
Your dear mother, who, I adore, deserves more respect from you rather than that filthy mouth in her presence.(misplaced modifier)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

speaking of filthy mouths... .tell your wife i still think she has a wonderful mouth... it sure is pretty...

and she sure knows how to use it!

(now, do you still wanna talk about family?)

Originally Posted by T.B.G.:
Originally Posted by T.B.G.:
Originally Posted by okuok:

Your dear mother who I adore deserves more respect from you rather than that filthy mouth in her presence.

----------------------------------------------

hey super genius... i corrected your grammar ... my 4 letter word vocabulary is tired of your mistakes!
 
TBG, anyone can make a personal attack as you have on Jesus. You attack yourself on the regular basis without assistance, I might add. Four letter words are your forte and serve as the bulk of your vocabulary.
Your dear mother, who, I adore, deserves more respect from you rather than that filthy mouth in her presence.(misplaced modifier)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

speaking of filthy mouths... .tell your wife i still think she has a wonderful mouth... it sure is pretty...

and she sure knows how to use it!

(now, do you still wanna talk about family?)

TBG, please work on this correction:

 

"Your dear mother, who, I adore, deserves more respect from you rather than that filthy mouth in her presence.(misplaced modifier)."  You screwed that one up horribly. Be sure you have good grammar under your belt before you go about correcting another idiot's grammar, okay? It sucks to see you make Rramm look as intelligent as the average person. 

Getting back to the original post.

Interesting articles TBG. Although it isn't really mentioned in the bible in literal terms I believe it was around even back then. Maybe not as mainstream as it is today but I do believe it was there. There are MANY THINGS that the bible doesn't talk about that we know existed and still exists and I figure this is just another one.

Seems like the main "Bad Drug =Sin" mentioned most in the bible is booze.

thanks, DD!  the article provided "food for thought"... i'm pretty sure i'm an atheist... at the very least, i'll say i have serious doubts...either way,  i'm pretty sure jesus doesn't love me! hahahaha!

i'd really like to know what "ancient knowledge" has been lost over the years from medicine to engineering... and how much lost because of religion, or just not understanding what the ancients were seeing.

Kinda like "lost in translation"... I hear you. I hate labels and don't really know what I am. I grew up in a interdenominational church. Went ever Sunday and Wednesday till I was 17. Mostly cause my parents made me. I have many doubts too. I DO think there is something out there "bigger" than us I just have my doubts that it was the god that everyone worships and praises that we were taught about in church. Religion hasn't helped my views any either. Religion is a BIG turn off for me.

Dark’ you have yet to make a post on here that makes any sense. You and primates like the bald guy troll around looking to meetup. You’ve found him so go meetup. LOL Trolling means you are dragging to catch something. You are definitely trolling to catch something.

Originally Posted by okuok:

Dark’ you have yet to make a post on here that makes any sense. You and primates like the bald guy troll around looking to meetup. You’ve found him so go meetup. LOL Trolling means you are dragging to catch something. You are definitely trolling to catch something.

____________________________

 

did you even graduate high school.... someone needs to drill a hole in your head to let in some knowledge...  you shouldn't speak that way to your betters! 
you should put that crusty little hat in your hand and seek out deep fat, joy, firenze, basement cat, and all the others you've lied about and BEG for forgiveness!  you've become everything you hate... your little self conducted "experiments" on human behavior come off as the rantings of a lunatic!

 

this will be my last reply to your ignorant ass, so make it good!

Originally Posted by semiannualchick:

       
Originally Posted by okuok:
Dark’ you have yet to make a post on here that makes any sense.
********************************************
I strongly disagree.


Semi, Thank you my friend. For sticking up for me. Rramm's words don't hurt me they just show what kind of person he is deep inside(sick and desperate). He probably posted that with a big ole grin thinking he had really told me. He's just ****ed off cause of the post I made about him that exposes him for what he is in the thread called "Deepfat returns victorious" last night. The truth hurts don't it Rramm?

Again thanks Semi. I do consider you my friend.
Originally Posted by dark dreamer:
Rramm or should I say Larry, This is the last reply and the last acknowledgement you'll get out of me on this forum. I value your opinion about as much as I do a big, steaming pile of dog crap.

Get some help with your schizophrenia before it's too late.

Ooh, DD, dog crap,,,steaming,,,big,,,,,,,,,I guess there goes the

Christmas card this year.

 

Hey, How many athies send Christmas Cards?  I was just wondering.

.


 

Originally Posted by INVICTUS:

       
Originally Posted by dark dreamer:
Rramm or should I say Larry, This is the last reply and the last acknowledgement you'll get out of me on this forum. I value your opinion about as much as I do a big, steaming pile of dog crap.

Get some help with your schizophrenia before it's too late.

Ooh, DD, dog crap,,,steaming,,,big,,,,,,,,,I guess there goes the

Christmas card this year.

 

Hey, How many athies send Christmas Cards?  I was just wondering.

.


 




I couldn't tell you dude as I am not an atheist. Ask Jennifer. LOL

Dark reamer <<snicker>> you are just another worthless-less-than-human primate whose only purpose in life is to advocate hate of believers. Well believers have the last laugh; just like Nebuchadnezzar God has cursed you to live as a beast. On all fours shall you roam the Earth on four hooves and eat grass as an

a s s.

 

P.S. I have excellent mental faculties and I am stable beyond measure.

Originally Posted by okuok:

Dark reamer <<snicker>> you are just another worthless-less-than-human primate whose only purpose in life is to advocate hate of believers. Well believers have the last laugh; just like Nebuchadnezzar God has cursed you to live as a beast. On all fours shall you roam the Earth on four hooves and eat grass as an

a s s.

 

P.S. I have excellent mental faculties and I am stable beyond measure.

Uh huh, and I'm the Queen of England and knight you Sir Wacko.

You know Ramm,  you do so little good in this world, it's a wonder that you can look in the mirror in the morning.

You are the only beast and I'm wondering if you have a tattoo that reads 666.

 

Satan is a nicer guy than you.

Add Reply

Likes (0)
Post

×
×
×
×