Originally Posted by Ronnie P.:

You have a  very ignorant and simplistic view or religion especially given you are obsessed with it.  I think we all know what this is about.  

------

 

No, I rather suspect you have no idea what this is actually about.  It's about this: "Texas governor urges rain prayers as wildfire battles continue"   It's also about the stupidity of a man who (at the moment) appears to be the front runner for the POTUS.

 

"Ignorant and simplistic: would describe the people who actually participated in this little rain dance.  It's a brilliant example of how prayer completely fails.

If Rick Perry is the Republican candidate for president, I'll be voting for Obama - even though I didn't vote for him before.

 

Texas deserves what they get.  They are more interested in football and guns than who is qualified to run their state, which is also why Alabama deserves what it gets.

Hi Deep,

 

While you are gloating over the misery of those caught in this drought; maybe you should throw in a few smiles and chuckles over those people in Africa suffering from the same.  While I realize this thrills your atheist heart -- I find it rather low. 

 

By the way, you forgot to gloat over the fact that Hawaii is also having drought problems -- according to your chart, especially Oahu and the big island of Hawaii.  So, according to your logic, we can attribute this to the fact that Obama claims he was born there.  I wonder how the drought problem is in Kenya?

 

Yes, my Friend -- George Bush and God has caused all of this!   Duh!

 

I am surprised you have not blamed all Southerners, especially those from the Shoals area, whom you despise so much for being ignorant Bible readers.

 

God bless, have a wonderful, blessed day,

 

Bill

Originally Posted by Bill Gray:

While you are gloating over the misery of those caught in this drought; maybe you should throw in a few smiles and chuckles over those people in Africa suffering from the same.  

 

----

By golly, I think you are starting to get it, Bill.  Just to be sure, thought, let me axe you:

 

 Is your God able but not willing to stop the plague of drought?

 

Or is he willing but not able to stop it?

 

If there is a third option, I'm all ears. 

 

OK bill, I know it won't do one bit of good but how about you explain how nsns is gloating over people suffering from a drought. You are so eager to spew your vile and hatred that you do just what the left does-take a statement and twist it to mean something it didn't. What are you doing to help people?  You are as low as it can get bill, and anytime you can twist and lie about people it thrills your old stone cold heart. You don't give one flying flip about the people in africa. If you did you'd make sure the churches got up off their billions of dollars and did something for them.

I didOriginally Posted by Unobtanium:
Originally Posted by Bill Gray:

While you are gloating over the misery of those caught in this drought; maybe you should throw in a few smiles and chuckles over those people in Africa suffering from the same.  

 

----

By golly, I think you are starting to get it, Bill.  Just to be sure, thought, let me axe you:

 

 Is your God able but not willing to stop the plague of drought?

 

Or is he willing but not able to stop it?

 

If there is a third option, I'm all ears. 

 

__________________________________________________________________________
I didn't even have to read this thread and I knew what it was about, just from the title. I'm serious - you should just number them so you don't have to type out the same questions (whose answers you always disregard) over and over again.

 

Originally Posted by CrustyMac:

If Rick Perry is the Republican candidate for president, I'll be voting for Obama - even though I didn't vote for him before.

 

Texas deserves what they get.  They are more interested in football and guns than who is qualified to run their state, which is also why Alabama deserves what it gets.

No American deserves Obama. Not even those who foolishly voted for Change and inexperiance.

Tell me Crusty why would you commit to such a person as Obama again? What has he done that you so admire?

Skippy

Originally Posted by O No!:
I didOriginally Posted by Unobtanium:
Originally Posted by Bill Gray:

While you are gloating over the misery of those caught in this drought; maybe you should throw in a few smiles and chuckles over those people in Africa suffering from the same.  

 

----

By golly, I think you are starting to get it, Bill.  Just to be sure, thought, let me axe you:

 

 Is your God able but not willing to stop the plague of drought?

 

Or is he willing but not able to stop it?

 

If there is a third option, I'm all ears. 

 

__________________________________________________________________________
I didn't even have to read this thread and I knew what it was about, just from the title. I'm serious - you should just number them so you don't have to type out the same questions (whose answers you always disregard) over and over again.
---
 
If you've answered this before, I haven't seen it.  So would you care to answer the question or will you just stand over there and throw fundy poo at us from the sideline? 

 

Originally Posted by skippy delepepper:
Originally Posted by CrustyMac:

If Rick Perry is the Republican candidate for president, I'll be voting for Obama - even though I didn't vote for him before.

 

Texas deserves what they get.  They are more interested in football and guns than who is qualified to run their state, which is also why Alabama deserves what it gets.

No American deserves Obama. Not even those who foolishly voted for Change and inexperiance.

Tell me Crusty why would you commit to such a person as Obama again? What has he done that you so admire?

Skippy

----------------

Because in these troubled times, I'm forced to vote for the lesser evil.  And in this case, the Republican possibilities are just too wacko.  Ron Paul is starting to look good - if he just wouldn't always take that last step into insanity, I might be able to get on board.

Originally Posted by Unobtanium:
Originally Posted by O No!:
I didOriginally Posted by Unobtanium:
Originally Posted by Bill Gray:

While you are gloating over the misery of those caught in this drought; maybe you should throw in a few smiles and chuckles over those people in Africa suffering from the same.  

 

----

By golly, I think you are starting to get it, Bill.  Just to be sure, thought, let me axe you:

 

 Is your God able but not willing to stop the plague of drought?

 

Or is he willing but not able to stop it?

 

If there is a third option, I'm all ears. 

 

__________________________________________________________________________
I didn't even have to read this thread and I knew what it was about, just from the title. I'm serious - you should just number them so you don't have to type out the same questions (whose answers you always disregard) over and over again.
---
 
If you've answered this before, I haven't seen it.  So would you care to answer the question or will you just stand over there and throw fundy poo at us from the sideline? 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________

Nope. I've answered it before, Vic has answered it, Veep answered it (thats how many times you've asked), and several others. Except for the fact that you were more polite to Veep when you rejected HER answer, it's always been the same. So if you want to know what our answers were, I'm afraid you're going to have to look it up.

 

Oh, and by the way, your insults are getting old too. "Fundie poo?"

Originally Posted by Unobtanium:
By golly, I think you are starting to get it, Bill.  Just to be sure, thought, let me axe you:

 Is your God able but not willing to stop the plague of drought?

 

Or is he willing but not able to stop it?

 

If there is a third option, I'm all ears. 

 

          ****************************************************

Maybe God caused the drought.

Originally Posted by Ronnie P.:

You have a  very ignorant and simplistic view or religion especially given you are obsessed with it.  I think we all know what this is about.  Maybe you should just accept being bald and your willy not working.

Haaaaaaaahahahahahahahaha!  Wrong and wrong.  However, that is the charitable Christian response I expected.

 

Millions of Texans have prayed fer relief from drought and wildfires.  God is not listening.  When will it sink in that god does not exist, and prayers are a wishful thinking excuse for not doing anything constructive?

 

DF

From what I read, Texas has about 75% volunteer fire departments. How do you cut volunteers from the budget?

 

Most of the State of Texas is protected by volunteer departments. There are 879 volunteer departments compared to 114 paid departments and 187 departments that are a combination of both paid and volunteer firefighters.

 

Originally Posted by Not Shallow Not Slim:

I would suggest they stop praying for fire relief and reinstate the massive cuts in fire protection that Rick Perry pushed through the legislature.

 

DF

deep, if praying to God doesn't help maybe the atheist will step up and put them out.....or are you just wanting to make your unplesant sounds [noise]?

Originally Posted by O No!:
Originally Posted by Unobtanium:

Is your God able but not willing to stop the plague of drought?

 

Or is he willing but not able to stop it?

 

If there is a third option, I'm all ears. 

______________________________________________________________________

Nope. I've answered it before, Vic has answered it, Veep answered it 

----

 

Ono, I've never, ever asked a question concerning why God seems powerless to stop the drought in Texas.  It would take you far less time to simply answer the question honestly. Would you care to do so?

Originally Posted by Unobtanium:
Originally Posted by O No!:
Originally Posted by Unobtanium:

Is your God able but not willing to stop the plague of drought?

 

Or is he willing but not able to stop it?

 

If there is a third option, I'm all ears. 

______________________________________________________________________

Nope. I've answered it before, Vic has answered it, Veep answered it 

----

 

Ono, I've never, ever asked a question concerning why God seems powerless to stop the drought in Texas.  It would take you far less time to simply answer the question honestly. Would you care to do so?

uno,,,You don't deserve the answer thats been given many times here.

You don't really want an answer, you just want to pick your nose.

.


 

Originally Posted by Unobtanium:
Originally Posted by O No!:
Originally Posted by Unobtanium:

Is your God able but not willing to stop the plague of drought?

 

Or is he willing but not able to stop it?

 

If there is a third option, I'm all ears. 

______________________________________________________________________

Nope. I've answered it before, Vic has answered it, Veep answered it 

----

 

Ono, I've never, ever asked a question concerning why God seems powerless to stop the drought in Texas.  It would take you far less time to simply answer the question honestly. Would you care to do so?

-----

since you are "all ears":

One possibility you might want to consider unoi, God may be having second thoughts about the severity reserved for your portion of hell and he is busy making sure you are going to regret going there.

You know, taking up a lot of his time. Just sayin’

----------------------------


 

Originally Posted by INVICTUS:
Originally Posted by Unobtanium:
Originally Posted by O No!:
Originally Posted by Unobtanium:

Is your God able but not willing to stop the plague of drought?

 

Or is he willing but not able to stop it?

 

If there is a third option, I'm all ears. 

______________________________________________________________________

Nope. I've answered it before, Vic has answered it, Veep answered it 

----

 

Ono, I've never, ever asked a question concerning why God seems powerless to stop the drought in Texas.  It would take you far less time to simply answer the question honestly. Would you care to do so?

uno,,,You don't deserve the answer thats been given many times here.

You don't really want an answer, you just want to pick your nose.

.


 

 

 

I know the answer....

 

There is no God. Simple enough.

 

And the answer that the believers insist they have given "over and over" is, of course, the old argument of "free will."  As if that answers anyhting at all.

The funny thing, to me, is that I am certain that none of the believers here even grasp the fundamentals of the philosophical concept of "free will."  I could make a very cogent argument that "free will" does not exist in this universe.  I could equally argue that it does.

Originally Posted by Unobtanium:

And the answer that the believers insist they have given "over and over" is, of course, the old argument of "free will."  As if that answers anyhting at all.

The funny thing, to me, is that I am certain that none of the believers here even grasp the fundamentals of the philosophical concept of "free will."  I could make a very cogent argument that "free will" does not exist in this universe.  I could equally argue that it does.
___________________________________________________________________________

 

Unob, I really like liver and onions. I am aware that many do not. If they asked me why I like it, the ONLY answer I could honestly give is, "Because it tastes good to me." People may not ACCEPT that answer. They might say it is no answer at all, but they'd be wrong because it IS the answer, and the ONLY honest answer. If no one wants to accept the truth, there is nothing more I can say.

 

Do you see NOW, FINALLY?

 

So you could argue both ways about whether free will exists or not. So, you are saying that even though you don't accept our "answer", you can't PROVE we are wrong?

 

Originally Posted by Unobtanium:

And the answer that the believers insist they have given "over and over" is, of course, the old argument of "free will."  As if that answers anyhting at all.

The funny thing, to me, is that I am certain that none of the believers here even grasp the fundamentals of the philosophical concept of "free will."  I could make a very cogent argument that "free will" does not exist in this universe.  I could equally argue that it does.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The not so funny thing to me is you're serious about your silly notion

of understanding anything about Free Will. I could equally argue

that you only exist on paper. Without paper, you never were.

 

.

Hi O No,

 

First, I want to thank you for your liver and onions analogy.  And, then, I want to invite you to take a look at the new discussion titled "Liver/Onions And Christianity - Say What?" inspired by your comment.

 

We make a good team!

 

God bless, have a wonderful, blessed day,

 

Bill

Originally Posted by JimiHendrix:
Praying: the least effective thing that you can do.

Really now.  I can remember, vividly, when I was a resident of Georgia, a few years back during a long period of no rain when Governor Sonny Perdue did exactly the same as Governor Perry did and He, as well as many Christians and others encouraged to do for a day of Prayer, Prayed very publicly for Rain to ease the very serious situation.  Lake Lanier and Lake Alatoona were at historic lows and drinking water for Atlanta was in serious jeopardy.  It was this very drought that sparked the controversy between Tennessee, Alabama, and Georgia over Georgia claiming land for access to the Tennessee River around Lake Nickajack.  This article was one written about the severe drought that effected Georgia: http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=3730145&page=1

 

Georgia Governor Sonny Perdue, a Christian, Prayed, to God, for help from the drought and for rain:  Note the stories from the press nationwide:

 

http://www.wdef.com/news/gover...n_in_georgia/11/2007

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21...y-rain/#.Tm2iJU8vd9s

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=3857886

http://articles.latimes.com/20.../14/nation/na-rain14

http://www.npr.org/templates/s...php?storyId=16281915

 

Georgia was the laughing stock of the nation and no rain was predicted or expected.  And the detractors came forth in droves lambasting the Governor and Christians for not praying for an end to hunger or the more weighty needs of the nation and state.

 

The next day/night there was hardly a patch of land in the whole state of Georgia that did not have some amount of rain land on it's soil.  It wasn't a deluge and sure didn't end the worries and troubles with the drought but it definitly rained at a time and on a day that it was not forecast to do so.  

 

http://www.governing.com/blogs...ta-Changes-Mind.html

http://www.wdef.com/video/gove...n_in_georgia/11/2007

 

Many parts of the state, including where my house was, receives copious amounts of rain, yes Rain just as it was prayed for.  It completely covered the State from North to South and East to West.  The critics that were so vocal in their lambasting of the Governor and laughing at the Christians had their answers ready also and lamented how little it was and how it would do no good.  It was not God but just an accident or a fluke but never the less it Rained.

 

Believe what you want, most do anyway, and will never be convinced but in this case it was not, as you say Jimi, "the least effective thing you can do".  

 

Does God answer all prayers?  NO.  God, from my understanding and reading of Scriptures, only guarantees to answer one pray of the sinner and that is for Forgiveness and Salvation.  Many Prayers seemingly go unanswered but are actually answered but not always in our time on our schedules.  Also God does not always answer our prayers with the outcome that we, Christians, ask for and desire but as Christians who keep in fellowship with God and grieve not His Holy Spirit have access to God through His Holy Spirit who takes our needs and request direct to God the Father in terms, not words, that often we do not understand or comprehend.  

 

Romans 8:26-28 (ESV)
{26} Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.
{27} And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.
{28} And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

Many people, unfortunately many Christians, base their belief or feeling about God based upon what they want and ask in Prayer.  Little and few times do we stop to wonder why, sometimes, prayers are not answered as we would like.  

 

Could be we do not ask according to God's Will in mind but ask selfishly and for our own gain or benefit.

Could be we ask at a time when our relationship with God is strained or not there and we have been disobedient and allowed sin to reign in our lives clouding the relationship between God and us and grieving the Holy Spirit.  God seeks our prayer for forgiveness and requirest this first.

Could be we received an answer to our prayer but did not get what we wanted or didn't get it in the time frame that we desired?

Could be we were asking out of sincere desire but actually we or the person asking knew not God as God and Savior but ask God on a wager.  Do this for me and I'll do this for you and are surprised or angry when we don't get the answer we want.   There are many reasons why often Prayers seemingly go unanswered or are not answered in the way we want.  

Then also could be because the person is not one of God's and knows not God nor is God's Holy Spirit active and working within the person at the time of their greatest desire.  The Greatest need of any person is to know God and our Savior Christ Jesus and it is that Prayer, of a sinner, that God hears and is ready to answer.

 

As Christians we should rely upon the Scripture of Romans 8:28 and know that God is in Charge and that His Will be done.  

 

 

Originally Posted by O No!:
Originally Posted by Unobtanium:

And the answer that the believers insist they have given "over and over" is, of course, the old argument of "free will."  As if that answers anyhting at all.
___________________________________________________________________________

 

Unob, I really like liver and onions. I am aware that many do not. If they asked me why I like it, the ONLY answer I could honestly give is, "Because it tastes good to me." People may not ACCEPT that answer.  Do you see NOW, FINALLY?

----

 

That is a perfectly rational, understandable answer.  Of course I accept it.

So please rationally explain God's non-involvement with the Texas drought?

Originally Posted by Bill Gray:

Hi O No,

First, I want to thank you for your liver and onions analogy.  And, then, I want to invite you to take a look at the new discussion titled "Liver/Onions And Christianity - Say What?" inspired by your comment.  We make a good team!

-------

 

Yes, you two certainly do.  You see, Ono, the most cartoonish, deluded person on the forum thinks you are one of him, too.  

Originally Posted by gbrk:

Georgia was the laughing stock of the nation and no rain was predicted or expected.  And the detractors came forth in droves lambasting the Governor and Christians for not praying for an end to hunger or the more weighty needs of the nation and state.

 

The next day/night there was hardly a patch of land in the whole state of Georgia that did not have some amount of rain land on it's soil.

 

Praying for rain a day before rain is predicted by SCIENCE is not a miracle, moron!  Gosh!

I am praying for sunshine for the next two days.  You are welcome. 

Originally Posted by Unobtanium:
Originally Posted by gbrk:

Georgia was the laughing stock of the nation and no rain was predicted or expected.  And the detractors came forth in droves lambasting the Governor and Christians for not praying for an end to hunger or the more weighty needs of the nation and state.

 

The next day/night there was hardly a patch of land in the whole state of Georgia that did not have some amount of rain land on it's soil.

 

Praying for rain a day before rain is predicted by SCIENCE is not a miracle, moron!  Gosh!

I am praying for sunshine for the next two days.  You are welcome. 

And making a nieve statement like that also is no leap.   Either I did not say it or you did not read it but RAIN WAS PREDICTED IN THE SAME WAY by Science or by the Weather Channel and meteorologist for months but the key thing was it never came.  It was ALWAYS Predicted to be somewhere between 30% to 60% chance of rain but it always never materialized as they predicted. Cherry Picking this one day out and saying it was nothing special just shows you weren't living there at the time and experiencing it.   

 

There was even, a couple of weeks before the called Prayer day, a few days where the weather folks and scientist predicted the chances of rain to be 70% and one day 80% yet the rain fizzled out in Alabama and never came even with the high percentage of chance.  

 

Additionally, and this was also documented to the residents, there was hardly a plot of Georgia land that didn't see rain that over the next days.  It wasn't one county or all but three counties but EVERY COUNTY IN GEORGIA saw Rain the next 24 Hours.  Although Rain was predicted ,as it was in the past, it wasn't predicted to be as wide spread either so many counties were never predicted to have or see rain.  In fact most Counties, as was the case for months, were not forecast to see any rain.  Fulton County and some of the others were forecast as to likely or potentially see rain but again that was common and nothing out of the ordinary for this drought.

 

Discount what you want Uno the only real moronic thing to do is make such a statement as you did without actually living there and experiencing it, yourself, yet make statements as you just have.  You, like many others, cannot help yourself though it is ingrained into your mind and brain and psyche that all Christians are morons, "slow coaches" or that we are deficient or delusional in some way.  


We however understand that and the reasoning behind it.  It is a defense mechanism necessary because to consider any alternative that we may be telling the truth or may be on to something with your outright refusal to even consider such matters as valid would render you as mentally insufficient as you classify others to be.  Personal attacks is the modus operandi of most non-believers who are as woefully ignorant of Spiritual matters and of God and cannot adequately rationalize why so many people are certain of God and their salvation.  


The only two rational outcomes are that they are right and you are wrong or you are right and they are wrong.  Not being able to actually prove either of those you choose a third which is a cop out and that being that since you cannot prove that which you so strongly attest to then those who believe otherwise are mentally deficient and therefore you do not have to actually consider the argument that is presented against you or, in the case of this prayer, presented to support their side or position.

 

It is attack the person not the position because you are woefully inadequate to confront neither of the other.

Add Reply

Likes (0)
Post

×
×
×
×