Originally Posted by gbrk:
Originally Posted by Unobtanium:
Originally Posted by gbrk:

Georgia was the laughing stock of the nation and no rain was predicted or expected.  And the detractors came forth in droves lambasting the Governor and Christians for not praying for an end to hunger or the more weighty needs of the nation and state.

 

The next day/night there was hardly a patch of land in the whole state of Georgia that did not have some amount of rain land on it's soil.

 

Praying for rain a day before rain is predicted by SCIENCE is not a miracle, moron!  Gosh!

I am praying for sunshine for the next two days.  You are welcome. 

And making a nieve statement like that also is no leap.   Either I did not say it or you did not read it but RAIN WAS PREDICTED IN THE SAME WAY by Science or by the Weather Channel and meteorologist for months but the key thing was it never came.  It was ALWAYS Predicted to be somewhere between 30% to 60% chance of rain but it always never materialized as they predicted. Cherry Picking this one day out and saying it was nothing special just shows you weren't living there at the time and experiencing it.   

 

There was even, a couple of weeks before the called Prayer day, a few days where the weather folks and scientist predicted the chances of rain to be 70% and one day 80% yet the rain fizzled out in Alabama and never came even with the high percentage of chance.  

 ______________________________________________________

 

So no one prayed in GA up until that day?

 

I am confused about the whole prayer thing. Seems that some people think that if you pray then God will intervene.  Others say that God does not get involved in our lives like that. Like the whole free will thing. If prayer does work, why only sometimes? Why do you have to pray to God for something he should already be aware that you need? I mean either he can make it rain and just doesn't want to, or he can't make it rain. Either way wouldn't that make him either a non caring God or an impotent one?

 

What about people who pray for the life of a loved one? I mean why pray for anything if you believe that everything is part of Gods plan? Why wouldn't you and other believers just leave him a lone and let him do what he wants. Do you not trust his judgement and decisions?

 

There are just to many ifs, ands, or buts with the prayer issue. It is just not believable.

 

So many have such a hard time acknowledging that a public prayer day was determined where they prayed for RAIN and then the prayer was answered within the next 24 hours in such a way that EVERY COUNTY in Georgia received RAIN, just what was prayed for.  

 

AS for the exact wording of the prayer and if it was for an end to the drought I cannot say for sure if it was for just rain or a total end to the drought but indeed the drought did end, not the next day but it did end, and Rain did fall on every county the next day.  

 

Accidental?  most skeptics and non-believers say definitely for they cannot dare to acknowledge or believe that God may have answered a very public and open prayer.  People certainly prayed throughout the drought as the are in Texas.  Cherry pick all you want as to try and discount what happened but the fact was that this happened and very much appears as a direct answer to the Governor's and states call to prayer.  

 

If you don't want to believe it then don't, no skin off me but I lived there, I saw it happen and transpire and I fully believe God Chose that moment to answer that specific prayer in a most demonstrative way in that ALL Counties of Georgia saw and experienced Rain in that next 24 hours.  Some areas it was forecast as being 40-50% probability just as many other days it didn't rain.  Other locations and counties had little to no chance forecast.  Fact was that it happened.   People can call it an accident or fluke or that it would have happened anyway but their statements are only to make themselves feel better about something they cannot explain.  

Originally Posted by gbrk:
 

It is attack the person not the position because you are woefully inadequate to confront neither of the other.

----\

 

No, I attack it because it is just plain stupid.

We were ALL experiencing a drought in that year, GB.  The drought was aleviated in the Fall of 2007 because fall is generally our wet season.  That is not a miracle, it's sciecne.

According to this, the prayer rally was held on November 13th, 2007.  I looked for weather forcast history and could not find any. But I did find historical maps here.  Following are some total rainfall maps from days prior to and after the rain:

 

November 12th:
Click for Precipitation Totals
Novermber 13th

Click for Precipitation Totals 

November 14th

Click for Precipitation Totals

November 15th 2007:

Click for Precipitation Totals
So, my reality-denting friend, it did not take a d a m n rocket surgeon to predict rain a couple of days after the prayer.  

But if you are still convinced this rain was a gift from God, then will you please tell me why God hates Texas and why he ignored their prayers a couple of weeks ago?  

So many have such a hard time acknowledging that a public prayer day was determined where they prayed for RAIN and then the prayer was answered within the next 24 hours in such a way that EVERY COUNTY in Georgia received RAIN, just what was prayed for.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Oh give it up. Do a search on the drought and read comments made by the people in Ga during that time. One title is "Why isn't prayer working"?  They did not pray for rain one day and get it "out of the blue" the next. I wonder why it is, that even if there's no drought, they can predict rain and it doesn't happen, or they predict nice weather and it pours??  Thus the joke,  a meterologist is right half the time and a weatherman is wrong half the time.

GBRK ignorantly proclaims: "I fully believe God Chose that moment to answer that specific prayer in a most demonstrative way in that ALL Counties of Georgia saw and experienced Rain in that next 24 hours.  Some areas it was forecast as being 40-50% probability just as many other days it didn't rain. "

It appears that (surprise) you are misinformed.  The southeast corner of Georgia didn't see rain according to the maps I posted.  Alabama, Tennessee and Kentucky did see rain in all 50 counties and (if I recall correctly) didn't have prayer rallies.  Wonder why God favors us over Georgia?

And you are also either lying or misinformed about the rain probability.  From the weather maps, it is clear that significant rain was headed that way days prior to the idiotic rain dance.

I recall thinking at the time, "These idiots are praying for rain at a time when rain is predicted. Hah!" Then I also recall thinking some some ignorant deluded doofus will almost certainly claim God performed a miracle despite the predictions.  Took a few years but I was right.   . . . Hey, I'm a prophet!  

Originally Posted by Bestworking:

So many have such a hard time acknowledging that a public prayer day was determined where they prayed for RAIN and then the prayer was answered within the next 24 hours in such a way that EVERY COUNTY in Georgia received RAIN, just what was prayed for.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Oh give it up. Do a search on the drought and read comments made by the people in Ga during that time. One title is "Why isn't prayer working"?  They did not pray for rain one day and get it "out of the blue" the next. I wonder why it is, that even if there's no drought, they can predict rain and it doesn't happen, or they predict nice weather and it pours??  Thus the joke,  a meterologist is right half the time and a weatherman is wrong half the time.

The real question is do you have a Reading impediment or just an inability to comprehend what you read?  Please note the following quoted from my last post:

 

GBRK Posted "Accidental?  most skeptics and non-believers say definitely for they cannot dare to acknowledge or believe that God may have answered a very public and open prayer.  People certainly prayed throughout the drought as the are in Texas.  Cherry pick all you want as to try and discount what happened but the fact was that this happened and very much appears as a direct answer to the Governor's and states call to prayer.  "

I did find an error in my prior post.  That highlighted and underlined line should have ended with "as they are in Texas" rather than how it actually was entered.  Your reply to me Best, (apparently you are new,  or someone under a different ID)  seems to indicate that I failed to acknowledge that others prayed during the drought or only prayed that one day.  Clearly the highlighted portion of the partial reply that I repeated (copy/pasted) above indicates that I recognized that other Georgians prayed all throughout the drought.  So in your words, Best ... Give it up and try and read or comprehend what you read before you jump to conclusions or formulate your own uninformed opinions.

 

Originally Posted by Unobtanium:

GBRK ignorantly proclaims: "I fully believe God Chose that moment to answer that specific prayer in a most demonstrative way in that ALL Counties of Georgia saw and experienced Rain in that next 24 hours.  Some areas it was forecast as being 40-50% probability just as many other days it didn't rain. "

It appears that (surprise) you are misinformed.  The southeast corner of Georgia didn't see rain according to the maps I posted.  Alabama, Tennessee and Kentucky did see rain in all 50 counties and (if I recall correctly) didn't have prayer rallies.  Wonder why God favors us over Georgia?

And you are also either lying or misinformed about the rain probability.  From the weather maps, it is clear that significant rain was headed that way days prior to the idiotic rain dance.

I recall thinking at the time, "These idiots are praying for rain at a time when rain is predicted. Hah!" Then I also recall thinking some some ignorant deluded doofus will almost certainly claim God performed a miracle despite the predictions.  Took a few years but I was right.   . . . Hey, I'm a prophet!  

 

Determine as you wish and call up or post all the maps you can google but I was there, living south of Atlanta at the time and the News reports, Atlanta Journal Constitution as well as Macon stations and papers all reported that NO County in Georgia went without rain.  Do you not think many Christians, well aware of the publicized prayer, and the open ridicule leading up to the day it happened and on that day were not paying attention to the weather immediately after?  The Georgia reports, from Georgia stated that ALL Counties in Georgia experienced Rain, some more than others.  We were all hyper sensitive to the criticisms that were levied and would not remember a statement in the news about this?  All counties in Georgia received SOME Rain and there was not one County that remained Rainless.  

 

Print off your maps and post them on your walls and feel all proud that you have accomplished something but fact is you were not there were you?  Where exactly were you then and did you live that you could so dogmatically make such proclamations?  The FACT was also that Counties that had no rain forecasted at all saw rain.   Counties, including Fulton (Atlanta) and Gordon (Calhoun), Dekalb and many others had rain forecast at between 40-50% chance and the like for many days and weeks before yet saw no rain.  It was a probability but it fizzled out and the rainless drought continued until after the 13th.  You seem it was so certain to predict the rain based upon the predictions so please explain how for many days/weeks/months rain was forecast, like it was in some counties that day, yet the rain didn't come?  Explain this one to us then?

 

So typical .... you just know what everyone else doesn't even though you don't experience what they do or live where they do you feel justified in making proclamations as if you do.  Well you are WRONG and either your maps are wrong or just not reflective of what actually happened that day or either the Atlanta Journal Constitution, many Atlanta news stations and Macon Stations were in error for their news broadcast that All Counties in Georgia received SOME Rain. 

Give it up gb. Nothing miraculous happened. Do what I suggested and read what was going on during the drought. They did not just up and decide to pray, and then glory glory it began to rain!! And there were discussions all over the net like the one I read titled "Why isn't prayer working"? Didn't people pray hard enough in the 30's??

 

LeRoy Hankel remembers the dry years and what it did to his crops. He says, "We was praying for rain. But it just wouldn't rain." Yet, he also remembers that people, "just took everything in stride," despite what were really hard times.

 

 http://www.livinghistoryfarm.o...the30s/water_01.html

 

The point of Georgia's rain in a drought period at a most critical time when drinking water reservoirs were within days if not hours of drying up to the point where water would not longer flow into the inlets is a matter of record and history.  The fact that a very public call for prayer was made and that all counties saw some rain the next day happened and was reported throughout Georgia.  What was reported in Alabama I have no idea as I wasn't here.  If you want to consider it an answer to the prayer or just happenstance or luck or a fluke then believe what you will.  

 

Explain away to make yourself as comfortable, as you want, the statements from millions of Christian believers that God answered their prayers whether for health, weather, or whatever.  Just as millions of Christians testify that God answers and hears their Prayers so they say that they know they are Saved through Christi Jesus and have experienced the power and presence of God's Holy Spirit.   Discount it however you wish to justify your own lack of those experiences or your own doubt and distrust it matters not to me for each has to answer for their own selves.  Your personal judgements against other Christians however are not justified and are not borne out by fact or experience but are rather frail attempts to justify inadequacies within ones own life by classifying another person as delusional or idiots or morons.  You and other's at times make such statements on here and off here yet are the very same ones that cast dispersions against Christians for being judgmental and condemning people to hell or ****ation.   I'm not saying such has not happened here or offline but I have yet to actually witness it and see it myself but I always see such statements made about my fellow believers and Christians.  Seems to me hypocrisy is not only limited to the religious.

I don't have to explain it "away" to make me comfortable, it doesn't make me uncomfortable at all. You didn't get any kind of miracle and if you think you did so be it. If I were you I'd be asking that god why he put you through all the torture before he finally decided to "make it rain". Do you even "hear" yourself??

The point of Georgia's rain in a drought period at a most critical time when drinking water reservoirs were within days if not hours of drying up to the point where water would not longer flow into the inlets is a matter of record and history.

 

 

Link? The one I found stated a three month supply before it ran out and it rained about two weeks later. Good things happen all the time to people that never pray. If prayer was that powerful this should be a lot better world.

  Your personal judgements against other Christians however are not justified and are not borne out by fact or experience but are rather frail attempts to justify inadequacies within ones own life by classifying another person as delusional or idiots or morons.  You and other's at times make such statements on here and off here yet are the very same ones that cast dispersions against Christians for being judgmental and condemning people to hell or ****ation.   I'm not saying such has not happened here or offline but I have yet to actually witness it and see it myself but I always see such statements made about my fellow believers and Christians.  Seems to me hypocrisy is not only limited to the religious.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Feel better now? Ok, what does that little rant have to do with a drought? Or prayer?

Originally Posted by gbrk:
the village idiot says, "Where exactly were you then and did you live that you could so dogmatically make such proclamations?  "

--------


Here in Alabama suffering through the same stupid drought!  NONE of us saw any significant rainfall until December of that year.  e


-------

The FACT was also that Counties that had no rain forecasted at all saw rain.  
-----


You are simply lying you a s s off to try to prove a point.  Dude, the data is all over the internet. You can't re-write history.  Attached is the actual forecast for that date for Atlanta:


It was widely reported in the atheist community that the prayer rally was obviously scheduled when there was finally a chance of rain.

And the crap of the matter?  LOOK AT THE MAPS, gbrk!  You see the color codes?  Less than 1/10th of an inch of rain fell over most of the state.  That is barely a smidgen.  Not another drop fell until later in a DECEMBER of that year.  


So, if you are correct, that God responded to these prayers, then why the hell did he essentially send a drop of rain to a state that was dying of thirst?  This is yet another reason for me to despise such a god if one existed.  That is simply cruel to essentially give a damp rag to someone close to death from thirst. 

My gosh your ability to deny reality is astounding!  

Attachments

Photos (1)

So basically its like this. GK no matter what reasonable explanation anyone can show you about the rain that occurred in the South during the 2007 drought, you will remain convinced that God did it.  Facts mean nothing to you. Even though others prayed long before it rained, you still believe that eventually God did answer the prayers, it just so happened to coincide with a front moving in that had already been dumping rain on the North East. Ok.....you go right a head and believe what you want. It is your right of course.

Unoi, I’ve admonished you before, don’t make absurd posts like this without allowing me to review them first. David Bohm disagrees with you. Not that a world renowned physicists is an opinion you would be interested in unoi but prayer does have an effect on the outside world as does your worthless attack on everything that moves regardless of it’s motive. It is in the interest of mankind that you shut up and don’t think.

Originally Posted by DarkAngel:

So basically its like this. GK no matter what reasonable explanation anyone can show you about the rain that occurred in the South during the 2007 drought, you will remain convinced that God did it.  Facts mean nothing to you. Even though others prayed long before it rained, you still believe that eventually God did answer the prayers, it just so happened to coincide with a front moving in that had already been dumping rain on the North East. Ok.....you go right a head and believe what you want. It is your right of course.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

God can move a front, looks like the weather report just happemed to with

coincide with what God did at the time.

.

Originally Posted by unclegus:

If prayer was so powerful then why can't you pray and make this forum go the way you want it to?

I don't need prayer for that for all I need is to make the same decision I made a while back and that is to remove myself from posting for a while and take a self imposed vacation from all the strife and turmoil and arguments.  Works like a gem for me so why make such a trivial request of God?   

 

God has answered my prayers before as I have no doubt He will continue to do and I will always respect HIS WILL and abide by it.  I've had my say now so for the Religion forum I shall make my leave for a while longer as nothing really ever changes in here except apparently the screen names of some of the participants.  The names may be new but the actions and retort of some indicate that they are not new to the forum in any way.  As I see fit or need to comment I will but for the most part it remains the same people with the same biases and prejudices and judgmental approach as they have always had and maintain.  May be entertainment to some but not essential for me to to enjoy life.  

Originally Posted by O No!:

I can't speak for GB, but *I* would say that "they" always GIVE UP WHEN TALKING TO A WALL, is more like it.

 

-------

 

Good lord, you also insist that only prayer resolved Georgia's drought? You are getting fundier every day, Ono.  Please, back off for a while.  Take a break. Go for a walk.  I'm not good for you.

This is why I say you are dishonest. YOU KNOW FULL WELL that I was protesting your insulting LANGUAGE to a man I consider a friend. GB and I don't agree on everything, but we have lively discussions through PM's, and even though we disagree about certain things, we NEVER call each other "a dim bulb", or "the village idiot".

 

But it is your regular practice to twist people's words and imply they mean something totally different from what they said. People complain when Bill assumes that people who disagree with him are in a cult church, but YOU just twist things to give yourself another opportunity to insult people.

 

Shall I stoop to YOUR level? OK, Unob, you're a lying idiot. You're totally incapable of understanding spiritual matters. You're not bright enough to understand a third grade science book, let alone the Bible.

 

Actually, those are NOT my opinions, but I just wanted to point out to you what you sound like.

 

My opinion IS however, that you are very dishonest in your writings here. And I just can't have any respect for a man who twists people's words the way you do.

Originally Posted by O No!:

This is why I say you are dishonest. YOU KNOW FULL WELL that I was protesting your insulting LANGUAGE to a man I consider a friend.

------

 

Nope. Had no idea.  The English language is a wonderful thing, Ono.  You can use it to make your stance perfectly clear.  Perhaps this is the root of our problem: You THINK you are making a clear point but actually are not?

GB insists God called the 1/10th of an inch of rain upon Georgia at the request of prayer.  I dusputed that with overwhelming contrary historical evidence. He refused that evidence so therefore is an idiot.

You defended his stance by stating that I would not listen to his reasoning ("talking to a wall") so one can safely assume you are agreeing with his stance.

 

So, please clarify: Do you agree with his stance or mine?

Originally Posted by O No!:

But it is your regular practice to twist people's words and imply they mean something totally different from what they said. People complain when Bill assumes that people who disagree with him are in a cult church, but YOU just twist things to give yourself another opportunity to insult people.

My opinion IS however, that you are very dishonest in your writings here. And I just can't have any respect for a man who twists people's words the way you do.

*****************************************

O No, you know that you’re my friend & friends can respectfully agree to disagree, right?

How many times has Bill Gray twisted people's words & imply they mean something totally different from what they said? He’s done it to me many times, you, & many others almost on a daily basis. Then when someone calls him on it, he calls it a spitting contest, & runs from the discussion.

Bill has many times accused someone of being in a cult church if they didn’t agree with him.  If someone disagrees with him, that’s his MO. He at one time accused you of being a New Age Christian.

You say that Uno is dishonest in his writings here. What about Bill? He’s putting himself out there as a Christian but look at the damage he’s doing. At least Uno is honest & not a hypocrite like Bill Gray.

Semi, I DID mention the way Bill has accused people of being cultists when they disagree with him. I am comparing Unob to Bill because HE does the same thing. Yes, Bill called me a new ager. And Unob is now calling me a fundie. Now, Bill KNOWS I am not a new ager, and Unob knows I am not a fundie. (We have discussed things like evolution and *** rights often enough for him to know that I believe in both those things. Do fundies? Of course not.)  When Bill has mischaracterized me, I've always protested and set him straight. Why should I not do the same with Unob?

 

 

quote:   Originally Posted by O No!:

Semi, I DID mention the way Bill has accused people of being cultists when they disagree with him. I am comparing Unob to Bill because HE does the same thing. Yes, Bill called me a new ager. And Unob is now calling me a fundie. Now, Bill KNOWS I am not a new ager, and Unob knows I am not a fundie. (We have discussed things like evolution and *** rights often enough for him to know that I believe in both those things. Do fundies? Of course not.)  When Bill has mischaracterized me, I've always protested and set him straight. Why should I not do the same with Unob?

  
Hi O No,

 

Please check out my new discussion titled "My Apology To O No!"

 

God bless, have a wonderful, blessed day,

 

Bill

Originally Posted by O No!:

Semi, I DID mention the way Bill has accused people of being cultists when they disagree with him. I am comparing Unob to Bill because HE does the same thing. Yes, Bill called me a new ager. And Unob is now calling me a fundie. Now, Bill KNOWS I am not a new ager, and Unob knows I am not a fundie. (We have discussed things like evolution and *** rights often enough for him to know that I believe in both those things. Do fundies? Of course not.)  When Bill has mischaracterized me, I've always protested and set him straight. Why should I not do the same with Unob?

 

 

*************************************

O No, maybe I misunderstood. When you said  “People complain” [when Bill assumes that people who disagree with him are in a cult church] I took it that you didn’t agree with those people.

I kind of compared your post about Unob to Bill. I just meant that those same things can apply to Bill, whom claims to be a Christian.

 

Nothing wrong at all if you feel the need to set Unob straight. You should try setting Bill straight, he might listen to you but I doubt it since he believes you to be a New Age Christian, which in his eyes, is not a Christian.

 

It wasn’t my intention to offend you, & I'm sorry if I did.

 

Originally Posted by Unobtanium:
Originally Posted by O No!:

This is why I say you are dishonest. YOU KNOW FULL WELL that I was protesting your insulting LANGUAGE to a man I consider a friend.

------

 

Nope. Had no idea.  The English language is a wonderful thing, Ono.  You can use it to make your stance perfectly clear.  Perhaps this is the root of our problem: You THINK you are making a clear point but actually are not?

GB insists God called the 1/10th of an inch of rain upon Georgia at the request of prayer.  I dusputed that with overwhelming contrary historical evidence. He refused that evidence so therefore is an idiot.

You defended his stance by stating that I would not listen to his reasoning ("talking to a wall") so one can safely assume you are agreeing with his stance.

 

So, please clarify: Do you agree with his stance or mine?

Uno,  whether you deliberately insert words into something a person says then react to those as if the person, themselves, said it originally I don't know.   You are incorrect in what you attribute to me.  You need to re-read my reply to Jimi as that is when I jumped in from my self imposed hiatus 

 

It was Jimi's insistence that Prayer was the most ineffective thing you can do that I was addressing. It was YOUR insertion of the 1/10th of an inch of rain.  FACT is that many places in Georgia, including the one where I lived, that received much more than the 1/10th that you state as if that fell uniformly over Georgia.  I based my statements that NO County went without rain upon actual media reports the days following from stations in Atlanta and Macon that I received on my radio and heard while watching TV Weather the following days and although I cannot produce the article I'm fairly sure I also read it in the Atlanta Journal that no county went totally dry.  

 

Did God do it?  I fully believe if God wished to answer those prayers that He did and is capable.  I do not though believe I made a pronouncement that GOD did this or that the rain was a fulfillment of the Governor's prayer as you indicate I did.  O NO was right you do are are twisting what I wrote.  Others on here have done the same with other topics and I no longer wish dialog with them and will not address her any longer.   It is useless to do so.   Is it useless to do the same with you?

 

You (Uno) state: GB insists God called the 1/10th of an inch of rain upon Georgia  So where did I insist this?  What reply?   I certainly feel the rain very much could have been in answer to the prayers.  What I enjoyed was the timing of it and how it made such fools of those who mocked the prayer.   For those skeptics that so abound here please also note that the prayer was called for and conceived long before the forecast of that day so your statements as if the Governor Cherry picked his date to coincide with a favorable forecast just does not hold water.  

 

My purpose for posting in this topic was to refute Jimi's statement (which I quoted) about prayer being the most ineffective thing.  I used Georgia's Governor's prayer day as just an example.  I do believe that it could be God answering his prayer but I do not believe, as you insist, that I insisted that it was.   You do and did mis-state what I said and then reacted to it as if I did say just that.  

 

I am also not getting into this why God answers some prayers and not others either.  I have, in a prior post under this topic, addressed prayers that seemingly go unanswered, prayers by other Christians and non-Christians.   You and other's personal references toward someone in a demeaning way only reflect your own inward inadequacies and inabilities to refer to specifics or admit that somewhere in these discussions that there are things beyond what you comprehend or what your own abilities permit.  You only reduce your own selves when you demean you fellow forum members for if anything is 3rd grade or on that level it's the name calling that you somehow seem to feel elevates your status or your argument.  

 

Frankly my grandchildren can compete in name calling if that's what you care to do or reduce these conversations to but as for me I don't see fit in responding to such insults so I don't.   You want to call your charts as historical evidence as if that is to refute my statements that no county went without rain.  My statements was made as a citizen of Georgia who listened to just those statements made on local media broadcast the days after it happened.  Do I believe that those meteorologist who made those statements might have made them based on actual reporting from others within the state?  Most likely.  I know what I heard, living there and as a resident and on more than three separate stations or sources.  I tend to accept that over your charts.  Are we to assume now that the Weather charts are beyond reproach and totally accurate in all cases?   If the charts say no rain fell then no rain fell no matter what the residents or people who lived there say.   

 

Listen again ... Was the rain the next days an answer of the Governor's day of prayer?   Possibly!  It could have been or it may not have been.  It didn't solve the drought but if I remember correctly the prayer was for rain.  You non-beleivers and atheist want so badly to find some way to disprove God but you can't.  God exist and proves it to His believers and saved each day.  To you God doesn't exist because God is void to you.  I do believe and accept this.  You know not God therefore there is no God, at least to you and the other non-beleivers.  What bothers you is that you cannot convince everyone else so as to somehow reinforce your thought there is no God and give it credence.  

 

Sorry to say that there IS a God and He does answer some prayers including ones for forgiveness.  Say there isn't all you want but that changes nothing in reality.  Time will tell.

Originally Posted by O No!:

Unob knows I am not a fundie. (We have discussed things like evolution and *** rights often enough for him to know that I believe in both those things. Do fundies? Of course not.) 

------

 

Yeah, I know.  But you have such a cute fit when I do that that!  So, I am guilty of pulling your string.

 

You certainly do align yourself will Bill quite often and defend the demonstrably false stupidty spewed by both Bill and GBRK. Bill has stated that you and he make a great team. You might want to watch who you hang with.  When you lie with dogs, you get fleas, you know.  

But I promise I will not falsely accuse you of being a fundy again. Deal?   

 

But you hafta answer: Do you think God sent the rain to those people in Georgia or not?  

 

 

 

Originally Posted by gbrk:

 

 I do not though believe I made a pronouncement that GOD did this or that the rain was a fulfillment of the Governor's prayer as you indicate I did. 

------

You are either an idiot or a lair.  What you write is still there, GB.  Let me refresh your memory:

 

You said, "Georgia Governor Sonny Perdue, a Christian, Prayed, to God, for help from the drought (....) The next day/night there was hardly a patch of land in the whole state of Georgia (....) it definitely rained at a time and on a day that it was not forecast to do so.


------

Jesus, GB! You most certainly DID attribute this maracle to God!  I showed you total rainfall maps that clearly showed rain headed towards the entire southeast over the span of days.  I showed you data that proves that most of the state received 1/100 to 1/10th of an inch of rain - that is hardly a drop!  The extreme northern portion (NOT Atlanta) received up to 1/2 an inch.  That is significant rain, for sure, but nothing to get excited about.  God continued to punish the state all the way through spring. 

 

You still insist that the entire state received rain without exception. I show you data that proves that part of the state did not receive and you STILL insist you are correct.  And now here you are saying you didn't say one thing while it's right up there in black and white!

 

Your religion has deluded you so much that you will completely sheild yourself from any and all contradictory evidence that you are wrong. That is just plain stupid.

 

Unob, I have finally had time to go back and reread this whole thread. The conclusion I have come to is that, A) GB was THERE, and if he heard on radio and TV that no county went without rain, I believe him. B) He NEVER said that it was BECAUSE of the governer's prayer that it rained. and C) You are once again twisting people's words to try to prove some pointless point.

 

I'm beginning to wonder if you really DO have reading comprehension problems, but I know better by now. Trying to wring a different meaning out of the post of any Christian on this board is your typical MO, and I am not the ONLY one who recognizes that.

 

And as far as Bill goes, I'd rather get his fleas than your TICKS.

LOLOLOL, oh for crying out loud!!! Gb says:

 

most skeptics and non-believers say definitely for they cannot dare to acknowledge or believe that God may have answered a very public and open prayer.  People certainly prayed throughout the drought as the are in Texas.  Cherry pick all you want as to try and discount what happened but the fact was that this happened and very much appears as a direct answer to the Governor's and states call to prayer. 

Originally Posted by Unobtanium:
Originally Posted by gbrk:

 

 I do not though believe I made a pronouncement that GOD did this or that the rain was a fulfillment of the Governor's prayer as you indicate I did. 

------

You are either an idiot or a lair.  What you write is still there, GB.  Let me refresh your memory:

 

You said, "Georgia Governor Sonny Perdue, a Christian, Prayed, to God, for help from the drought (....) The next day/night there was hardly a patch of land in the whole state of Georgia (....) it definitely rained at a time and on a day that it was not forecast to do so.


I left the decision to the reader.  I no more than anyone else can prove God answered the prayer as no one can prove He did not.  My personal feelings was that it is very possible that God provided the rain but I have no proof of that just as you have no proof to the contrary.  The setting of the day for prayer though was before the forecast was made so saying they picked a day account of the forecast is wishful thinking.

------

Jesus, GB! You most certainly DID attribute this maracle to God!  I showed you total rainfall maps that clearly showed rain headed towards the entire southeast over the span of days.  I showed you data that proves that most of the state received 1/100 to 1/10th of an inch of rain - that is hardly a drop!  The extreme northern portion (NOT Atlanta) received up to 1/2 an inch.  That is significant rain, for sure, but nothing to get excited about.  God continued to punish the state all the way through spring. 

 

I don't see the drought as punishment from God anymore than I see the current drought in Texas as punishment from God.  God may have worked in a punitive way in the Old Testament, before Christ but we are also under a new Covenant today, one of Grace and although God can do what He desires or Wills I no more believe God works in that way today so the droughts or earthquakes or hurricanes whatever I do not consider as God's Wrath.  When God's Wrath next falls there will be no doubt as it being the Wrath of God and no doubts will remain for the unfortunate alive to see it, that God exist.  By that time though people will spend little time bickering about the trivial things that we do.    Just to bring this back around and address O No's saying that you, and I add others like you, take what is said and change it around then make comments as if the whole thing was originally said by the person you attribute it to I will remind you what you said:

GB insists God called the 1/10th of an inch of rain upon Georgia at the request of prayer.  I dusputed that with overwhelming contrary historical evidence. He refused that evidence so therefore is an idiot.

Note when I joined the discussion and posted it was in answer to Jimi's statement that prayer was the "least effective" thing you could do.  My answer was simply for several people in Georgia, including the Governor, they would differ for they prayed and it did rain so THEY would or could argue he, and you, are wrong.  That is what I was implying and not that GOD Did it and certainly not as you said "insist God called the 1/10th of an inch of rain upon Georgia".  You did change the meaning and intent of what I posted, as O No called you on.

 

You still insist that the entire state received rain without exception. I show you data that proves that part of the state did not receive and you STILL insist you are correct.  And now here you are saying you didn't say one thing while it's right up there in black and white!

 

Get it again, what I said, from actually being there in Georgia at the time, was that more than three local stations reported that same information and that being that NO County in Georgia, within the next days of the prayer, went without Rain of some measure.  It was no deluge but all counties did see a measure of rain as they and their meteorologist reported.   Now your charts and maps may tell you one thing but being there I know what I heard reported so either they all lied or your map is slightly inadequate or does not reference whatever trace amounts actually fell.

 

Do you not think all stations and people were not looking at results the following days?  The prayer issue was a big story there and IF it had not rained there would have been the same ballyhoo from all stations about it just like everyone reported that the Rapture didn't happy when our preacher out west called for it.   The same was with the forecast for rain only they did report all counties received rain so I'll take their word for it over your maps.  I'll also still say it could have been God sending the rain but I cannot make a dogmatic statement to that effect or would I but no one can be factual in making a statement that it wasn't.

 

Your religion has deluded you so much that you will completely sheild yourself from any and all contradictory evidence that you are wrong. That is just plain stupid.

 

I will address this last part of what you said in a following post, under this topic (unlike Bill who likes to carry people away from the context of the discussion to a new one.  I believe it's best to continue in place.

Originally Posted by Unobtanium:
<deleted to avoid duplication>

Your religion has deluded you so much that you will completely sheild yourself from any and all contradictory evidence that you are wrong. That is just plain stupid.

 

Over the days that I participated continually in the forum I've always wondered why atheist and non-believers are so prevalent in a forum that seems dedicated to something they either reject or don't believe in or about a God or Deity that they say doesn't exist or that they don't care about.


Others have said they aren't here to convert anyone and often it is said that atheist or non-believers are here to call BS on the stupidity or something like that.  I have set on the side at times, without jumping in and just read the replies and post and it seems to me I had the answer all along.  You and others are here for a very good and valid reason and one which should answer your own questions about if God exist or whether or not God exist.


Each of you, in your own way, seek to do battle with God, you seek to defeat God to overwhelm God to be supreme to God and that impossibility resonates within your conscience.  That inner created soul/spirit within you, that same one that will still exist after your physical body dies, longs to know it's creator and without that right relationship with God, it's creator, is an unsatisfying thorn in your flesh.  It eats you alive that there is some need for God that you cannot squelch so you seek to do battle with that urge and need, in effect do battle with God who is convicting you with His Holy Spirit, by doing battle with God by proxy.  You cannot silence God or defeat God so you battle is carried to those who represent God, Those who call themselves Christians or believers, on here.  


You may can present a case on here where you seemingly prevail over God or where you feel you have prevailed over some other Christian who disagrees with you but what you are doing is trying to silence that inner call, from God, that lets you know that there is something else that you do not grasp and that is a right relationship with the (your) creator.  You cannot battle God so you battle those that are called by His name.  You seek to demean them or ridicule them in your attempts to do the same to God hoping that will give you the feeling of overcoming God but yet it does little to actually end that inner torment that you deal with every second, every minute, every day.


I do truly believe that many of you are here for that reason.  You wish to overcome and convince others, including convincing yourself, that you have overcome and defeated God.  You seek to blame "our Religion" or claim we are deluded by belief in a God that somehow you cannot experience or know.  The reason you don't know God is you have never met God or given yourself over to God and allowed God to introduce Himself to you and reconcile your inner spirit with His Holy Spirit.  


There may be a few that are here only to be destructive as they can and abusive as they can but I believe the real reason is what I said above.  There is an inner battle being waged with God's Spirit within and you seek to overcome God by overcoming His proclaimed servants.  You wage a battle by Proxy for you cannot overcome God and stop that inner torment and inner decision that you deal with daily.  The only way you will overcome that torment is to allow God to speak with you and humble yourself enough to listen.  Jesus Christ died for us to have that ability to actually communicate with God directly and not have to go through a priest or a Holy of Holies.  Through Christ and our acceptance of His Sacrifice on the Cross for our Sins we actually have direct access to God and can experience the magnitude of being before God.  There IS no question that remains about IF God exist for that is answered in a most demonstrative way, by God Himself.


Debate and verbally wage written battle with words as much as you want on these forums with those of us who call ourselves Christian but know that God does His own dealing with people and the real question you must ask and answer is whether God is actually the one dealing with you for that inner void and vacancy doesn't go away or get better by on it's own or by any prevailing one way or the other over a person whom says they believe in God.  


I have no way of proving any of that but I fully believe that to be the case in some of those on here and why they are here so often and in every topic.  They are here for a need and one which cannot be squelched by calling any of us demeaning names or seeking to prevail in an open debate.  


As for twisting the words around, regarding the event in Georgia, feel your maps and charts somehow vindicate you and somehow make what i said invalid but I am only reporting from being a first hand witness as someone who was there and heard the broadcast.  Can you say that same?

 

 

 

Over the days that I participated continually in the forum I've always wondered why atheist and non-believers are so prevalent in a forum that seems dedicated to something they either reject or don't believe in or about a God or Deity that they say doesn't exist or that they don't care about.

 

And you have been told a hundred times and still act like you don't know why. Why are you here? So you believe in a god, why do you have to come here and post that over and over? You've been told this is not a religious forum. It is a forum for discussion about religion and or different beliefs and practices. Discussion means discussion. It does not mean this is your or bill's own little private church site to come to and preach. You just post the same thing over and over even when you get answers. Plus you post things and deny posting them when they're there in black and white for anyone to see. Now go visit atheist sites and read the comments of christians. Then ask the christians what they're doing on an atheist site.  I told you once I am not here to convert anyone. You can't convert people to atheism. But as usual you act like no one has told you that. I honestly believe if there was a god he would have sent a lightening bolt through some of you by now.

Add Reply

Likes (0)
Post

×
×
×
×