Originally Posted by dark dreamer:
Interesting banter between cage and cage(rum_mama). Lordy you must be bored out of your skull dude. Are you telling us you are also Glass Onion cage?

Yeah...dream on...

And, more to the point...what would it matter to you IF I were? 

Do you hang on my every (informative) word?

Originally Posted by dark dreamer:
Goodnight man. Try to slow down on those shots. you're making an ass out of yourself.

 

No, YOU'RE saying that I can post...right on top of my self...when there is only ONE log on for these forums.

Now, tell me, how can that be done. 

BTW...I DO know who Rum is...

Originally Posted by A. Robustus:
Originally Posted by O No!:
Originally Posted by A. Robustus:
Originally Posted by O No!:

 ...When He does this, I believe it is because it is part of a much grander plan than mere humans can figure out. Mine is the mind of a human, not the mind of God. But I trust Him...

O,

This aspect of a believer's understanding has always seemed very problematic. If humans can't possibly figure out the mind and intentions of Gid how can a human know that what they are interpreting and doing is what God intends? Especially considering the existence of millions of diverging personal opinions and interpretations about what God "actually", "really" and "truly" "wants" for us and by us, even among Jesus' very own followers.

____________________________________________________________________________

The Holy Spirit will always lead me in the direction God wants me to go, as long as I just be still and listen.

 

I realize that to be the normal answer but it never accounts for why the Holy Ghost leads millions of actual Christians in diverging and often conflicting directions about their one and only God. Can you reconcile this?

 

Originally Posted by O No!:

That's easy, A. Just as in a large orchestra, we each have our part to play. The oboes don't often play the same notes as the violins, and the clarinets play different notes from the french horn, but when it is all put together, there is harmony.

 

Now, if you listen to some of the more modern classical, you might find that the different instruments are playing not only different notes, but in different TIME SIGNATURES! That will often bring a sound of seeming chaos. Listen to some Stravinsky or Shostakovich and you'll hear what I mean. But the overall affect of even these pieces is what the composer INTENDED.

 

In the same way, while the Holy Spirit might lead us to think say or do things that seem on the surface to conflict with each other and make Christianity seem chaotic, the "composer" (God), knows what He's doing.

 

As a Christian who trusts her Lord completely, I am proud and eager to play whatever part He gives me.



All these post and accusations distracting from the original point that O No was seeking to make.  She was simply using an example (highlighted in Green above) to answer A. Robustus's question (highlighted in Orange above).   One additional note that I might add to O No's capable answer is that God's' Holy Spirit does not lead in diverging and conflicting directions.  Much division comes when people of God take their spiritual eyes off God and attempt to do things of themselves.  They no longer listen to God's Holy Spirit but take things upon themselves.  The Church in Corinth, very much, morally, like today was very divided and allowed sin in their lives.  Paul's letter to the Church addresses divisions within the Church and the division's source.  The same applies today as then:


1 Corinthians 3:1-21 (CEV)
{1} My friends, you are acting like the people of this world. That's why I could not speak to you as spiritual people. You are like babies as far as your faith in Christ is concerned.
{2} So I had to treat you like babies and feed you milk. You could not take solid food, and you still cannot,
{3} because you are not yet spiritual. You are jealous and argue with each other. This proves that you are not spiritual and that you are acting like the people of this world.
{4} Some of you say that you follow me, and others claim to follow Apollos. Isn't that how ordinary people behave?
{5} Apollos and I are merely servants who helped you to have faith. It was the Lord who made it all happen.
{6} I planted the seeds, Apollos watered them, but God made them sprout and grow.
{7} What matters isn't those who planted or watered, but God who made the plants grow.
{8} The one who plants is just as important as the one who waters. And each one will be paid for what they do.
{9} Apollos and I work together for God, and you are God's garden and God's building.
{10} God was kind and let me become an expert builder. I laid a foundation on which others have built. But we must each be careful how we build,
{11} because Christ is the only foundation.
{12} Whatever we build on that foundation will be tested by fire on the day of judgment. Then everyone will find out if we have used gold, silver, and precious stones, or wood, hay, and straw.
{13}
{14} We will be rewarded if our building is left standing.
{15} But if it is destroyed by the fire, we will lose everything. Yet we ourselves will be saved, like someone escaping from flames.
{16} All of you surely know that you are God's temple and that his Spirit lives in you.
{17} Together you are God's holy temple, and God will destroy anyone who destroys his temple.
{18} Don't fool yourselves! If any of you think you are wise in the things of this world, you will have to become foolish before you can be truly wise.
{19} This is because God considers the wisdom of this world to be foolish. It is just as the Scriptures say, "God catches the wise when they try to outsmart him."
{20} The Scriptures also say, "The Lord knows that the plans made by wise people are useless."
{21} So stop bragging about what anyone has done. Paul and Apollos and Peter all belong to you. In fact, everything is yours, including the world, life, death, the present, and the future. Everything belongs to you,


O No attempted to answer the question and from that sincere attempt to answer the question found herself having to defend herself against a barrage of accusations.  I accept what she says about her experience as I do the others.  I know nothing about the talent of musical ability myself, it's terminology or instruments.  I am glad for those who do and who provide us enjoyment.

 

As for O No just realize that there are some who seek not to have considerate, respectful, dialog or debate even when that means agreeing to disagree.  With some there is no agreement on anything but a desire to dominate the conversation even if that means by distraction or changing what you said into something you did not mean it to be.  I realize I'm not telling you anything you have not seen or experienced yourself.  Just realize that by taking on the moniker Christian makes you a target for many and regardless of your merits or qualities the fact that you are a Christian biases and prejudices certain forum members against you and they will never give you respect.  They seemingly attempt to battle God but since they will never prevail against God they attempt to fight against His representatives (professing Christians). 

 

 As for Christian unity or differences and disagreements among Christians this is to be expected because Christians are not perfect and we all live with our fallacies of the flesh.  Regardless of the disagreements though each Christian is identified as a Christian and a Child of God and that is by the Same Holy Spirit, of God, which resides within each Christian believer.  Although it is the same Holy Spirit the Spirit provides different ministries within each believer.  One may have one gift where another has a different gift but together we all make up the Body of Christ, on this Earth, The Unified Church not made with bricks, wood or building materials but each with God's Holy Spirit working together to accomplish God's Will. 

Originally Posted by gbrk:
 

 As for Christian unity or differences and disagreements among Christians this is to be expected because Christians are not perfect and we all live with our fallacies of the flesh.  Regardless of the disagreements though each Christian is identified as a Christian and a Child of God and that is by the Same Holy Spirit, of God, which resides within each Christian believer. 

----------

From the outside looking in, you are all a pretty darn disagreeable bunch.  You seem to despise each other almost at much as you despise the atheists. I find that interesting. 

Sayeth the wise and sarcastic UNOB who despises everyone equally.

 

Really, do you actually pay attention to these threads at all?

 

Or do you just pick out the parts you like?

 

Old Faithful
 

24 hours ago
 

Yep. HoD, Vic, and Veep did beautiful three part harmony. On occasion, as a non-Catholic who sees the beauty in the Roman Catholic faith, I have joined in with a fourth harmony.  (GO, that would be possibly a major seventh, or maybe a ninth or even a thirteenth depending on the song, to go along with the first,  third (or possibly the flatted third), and fifth, that the others are singing.

 

On the Mormon side, there have been Skippy, Dwight under his many different names, and possibly a third, whose name escapes me right now.

 

There is also myself, GB, Joy, and quite a few others who never argue with each other.

Add Reply

Likes (0)
Post

×
×
×
×