Quite a few forum members have complained in the past that none of us Christians jump on any "hateful" things posted by another Christian. They feel that we should denounce hateful posts, and that if we DON'T, we must agree, and therefore be hateful people ourselves.

 

Just in the past day or two, there have been so many hateful things posted by atheists. I haven't seen anything posted by other atheists denouncing these things. So, does that mean you agree with these hateful posts?

 

How about any of you who are on the fence about God? No protests from you either? Does that mean you agree with them?

 

Here are a few of my favorite foe's posts from yesterday and today. Tell me, do YOU think this kind of speech is just peachy keen? Or do you argee that THIS is hate speech?

_____________________________________________________________________________

All of these are from - ypou guessed it - Unob

 


Originally Posted by gbrk:
the village idiot says,

______________________________________________________________________


Originally Posted by INVICTUS:
uno,,the BS'er, set out to ridicule the thread because it called for prayer.
He hates prayer and wanted to remind everyone this isn't a religious forum.

------

 

I'll certainly own up to that. 

 

Prayer is, in fact, evil.

__________________________________________________________________________


We do, deluded old man.

__________________________________________________________________________


Originally Posted by O No!:
Unob, you disgust me. You just compared the people on this forum to the people who drove those planes into those buildings.

-----

 

Why yes,  Yes I did.  That was exactly my point and I am glad it did not go over your fundamentalist head.

___________________________________________________________________________

 

 

No, I'd never hate you but I do despise your religion for what it has done to me, you, Bill Gray and the 2998 people who were murdered 10 years ago in the name of your God.

____________________________________________________________________________


And here is our daily dose of stupid (as if there were a shortage here).

_____________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

Co-winner of the "Likable Liberal" award who asks, "Can't we all get along?"

1 Corinthians 1:18-24 (CEV)
18 The message about the cross doesn't make any sense to lost people. But for those of us who are being saved, it is God's power at work.

Original Post

Hmm, no more edit button? Anyway, here's another one from Unob. I could just have easily pocked out hateful posts from some of the others.

 

"This is simply ignorant.  Stupidly so.  I've explained this concept many times to him using very small words in hopes of getting the dim bulb to light up to no avail."

O No says---------

 

Quite a few forum members have complained in the past that none of us Christians jump on any "hateful" things posted by another Christian. They feel that we should denounce hateful posts, and that if we DON'T, we must agree, and therefore be hateful people ourselves.

-----------------------------

 

Atheists encourage hateful atheists, they are hateful.

I encourage hateful believers, I feel I need to be as hateful as the atheists.

I don't see a problem??????

.

Originally Posted by O No!:

Quite a few forum members have complained in the past that none of us Christians jump on any "hateful" things posted by another Christian. They feel that we should denounce hateful posts, and that if we DON'T, we must agree, and therefore be hateful people ourselves.

Just in the past day or two, there have been so many hateful things posted by atheists. So, does that mean you agree with these hateful posts?

How about any of you who are on the fence about God? No protests from you either? Does that mean you agree with them?

 


 

 

*********************************

I have seen Christians disagree with other Christians on this forum several times. Just because someone doesn't denounce a hateful post, doesn't mean they agree with said post.

 

I get confused on here sometimes as to who's an Atheist, who's on the fence & who's a Christian.  I've always heard one of the first things to go with age is memory.

 

I don't care what anyone else says, O No, you're my friend. I think you have a good heart & I like you!!

You & I....we're cool!

 

 

 

 

I actually have no problem with what ever you want to say O No. What you keep getting confused (maybe intentionally) is that you can't cry like a baby that we are mean and disrespectful to you and then do the same thing and expect a different result. That's stupid.

 

The reason I keep pointing it out is because YOU keep talking about it. Then you turn around and do the thing you say you dislike. At one time I thought it was kind of humorous.....now it is just getting ridiculous

 

Grow the F up and deal with the fact that we have zero respect for your chosen religion. We have no problem comprehending your belief, we have just realized that it is delusional and unbelievable. I am going to say that whenever and where ever I want to. I am not saying that you are a terrible, immoral, evil, lost person. I am saying that what you believe to be reality is nothing but fairy tale fantasy to me and many others. It hurts your little feelings when me or anyone else says that here. Too bad. 

 

As for the things that okuok, you, and inv say all the time is pretty normal for zealot Christians. I hear it all the time. What I can't stomach is your whiny a s s always complaining about how mean we are and yet you have not a word to say to those that say worse to us. You obviously are only offended by people being snarky and mean to each other when it pertains to you. I have no respect for people like that. I once worked with a mean woman. She talked crap about everyone all the time. Just a nasty attitude. One of the girls caught the worst of it most of the time. One of the other girls would complain to me and the picked on girl about how mean she was, then she would turn around and be friends with that mean woman and say...."Well she is always nice to ME" That is a weak person right there. Just as you are. You don't like getting told the flat out truth on how we feel about religion. You take it personally and you get all offended. Yet you stand by and read post made stating that we are less than human and you could care less.

 

As I said I really don't care. I have a thick skin, I just can't stand hypocrites and holier than thou people. So I have to call them on it.  So you get called out for being a shining example of just that kind of person.

 

I could have found more too, but I just don't have that kind of time on my hands to waste. You obviously just can't understand or else you just choose not to. Either way I can keep rolling along as it is now.

 

 

"O No"

If you REALLY believe that we are no different from them, then you must be mentally deranged.

----------

Just as I know that not all atheists are searching for meaning, they are just lost.

------------------

But because their lives are so empty, they believe in horoscopes and crystals and tarot cards and any other wacked out idea that comes down the pike. If they would only open their hearts to our Lord, they would never feel that emptiness, that lack of purpose, that desperation to find meaning in life. It's a shame

---------------

DA, you sound pretty deluded to me.

 

How are you enjoying your "days off"? If they only let ME out for two days a month, I don't think I'd waste them on an internet forum.

-------------------

Lost, and totally blind!

___________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

"Invictus"

Did you not know, you sick and sad piece of flem, you're the worst one.

What a evil egotistical *******.

--------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by Unobtanium:

A reminder: Xtians believe in 5 gods: Yahweh, Jesus, Holy Spirit, Mary and Satan.  .... With a few demigods tossed in for good measure such a Gabriel and other angels.

-----------------------------------------------------

Thanks uno, for showing your complete ignorance and stupidity, not to mention

your lying, in as little as 27 words. but thats about all you can do about it.

 

_____________________________________________________________________

"okuok"

Ono why you argue with this less-than-human mad-dog is beyond me.

----------

See there DeepFat pseudo-speciation of people is not that hard now is it?

I consider atheists less-than-human.

 

 

DA, you got it right this one time, when you said,  "I am saying that what you believe to be reality is nothing but fairy tale fantasy to me and many others." You expressed it as an OPINION. If EVERYONE on this forum would preface their remarks with something like, "I think...", "In my opinion..." or "It seems to me..." instead of making blanket statements like "You're delusional.", we could actually have a DISCUSSION.

 

I admit, I have gotten angry lately. When I first joined this forum I was nice to everyone. Then I started ragging on Bill, and he was the only one I was less than polite to. Then Jennifer started calling me a liar over on politics, and it followed over here. (By the way DA, if I remember correctly, you too are a Democrat. How do YOU feel when Jennifer states, as she has repeatedly, that "ALL Democrats are liars"?)

 

 But after being told I was stupid, deluded, not bright enough to understand science, and other assorted insults, I decided to fight fire with fire. A person, yes, even a Christian, can be pushed just so far before they start pushing back. So yes, if you insult me, I am likely to insult you back.

 

But I'd much rather have civil discussion.

As an atheist in the South I have been dealing with ridicule for my dis-belief most all my life now. Imagine if it was not just here in this forum, but basically every person you met that knew what you believed? What if you were told you were delusional every time you mentioned your belief to a co-worker or just in a passing conversation? What if the majority of the country you lived in didn't trust you or judged you immoral solely based on your belief?

 

We deal with that all the time. So yeah I would agree that most atheist are angry, just as you pointed out in your post. After a while you get to where you insult back. I didn't always feel the way I do now about Christianity. Now that I have been treated as a second class citizen all my adult life I have developed a pretty hard shell and I very sharp tongue.

 

I think Christians just are starting to get a bit of their own medicine and it is a very hard pill to swallow. Personally now I don't really care what those people that call me less than human, or immoral, or lost, or sad think. I can't. I eventually learned to speak my mind just as the religious did. I no longer kept my thoughts and feelings to myself. I decided to take my freedom, just as the Christians had for so long and had taken for granted. 

 

I can't say that i will never call religion delusional ever again. I truly feel that it is on many levels. I can't say I will ever respect religion, because that would be a lie. I can't say that I will ever understand how people can so blindly follow a dogma, or doctrine that is so flawed and in the hands (minds) of some down right dangerous. If I didn't feel that way I would probably not be an atheist. 

 

Just don't take it so personally. I don't know you. I don't know what kind of person you really are outside of this forum. You don't really know me. You can truly say how you feel about my disbelief anytime you want to. I promise you I have probably heard it before. When me or Uno, or A Rob, say we think something is BS or delusional we are usually talking about the belief, not the person....however, I will say there are some people on this forum and many others I have frequented that are complete nutjobs. Okuok/ramm/buffalo is a perfect example. GK wants to argue Evolution, but refuses to admit that he does not really understand it or will not educate him self on the subject. Those people will get called what they are by many. If you don't want to see honest and direct discussion then you might not like what you read, but it is what it is....I will not p u s s y-foot around certain topics.

 

I don't care if Jennifer says that all Democrats are liars. I really don't. Means nothing to me. I just go on with my life and do what I feel is right for me and for mine. I don't understand how she can be atheist and support the right, but it is her right.

Originally Posted by O No!:

If EVERYONE on this forum would preface their remarks with something like, "I think...", "In my opinion..." or "It seems to me..." instead of making blanket statements like "You're delusional.", we could actually have a DISCUSSION.

 

But I'd much rather have civil discussion.

**********************************

That statement slapped me in the face & you're right. I'll try to remember to do that. When I post something, it is only my opinion & I should make it clear that I'm not trying to shove my opinion on anyone.

Thank you, I learned something.

 

Originally Posted by DarkAngel:

 

I don't care if Jennifer says that all Democrats are liars. I really don't. Means nothing to me. I just go on with my life and do what I feel is right for me and for mine. I don't understand how she can be atheist and support the right, but it is her right.

--------------------------------------------------

You were doin’ alright dark until that last paragraph. That l’il statement is telling. You are stupid.

I’m a Democrat myself and the sooner you change parties the better off the Democrats will be. I’ll bet you don’t even vote.

darkdooky

The Democratic Party was not invented to house the fringe lunatics but somehow we have the unwanted baggage that don’t vote but raise hell anyhow. Deep is a Republican. I’m sure there are a lot of things you “don’t see”.

Ono,

 

I stand behind every single word you singled out way up there.

 

Yes, you (and all believers) ARE delusional.  That is the opinion of EVERY atheist . If we didn't think you were delusional, we would not be atheists (and if my logic is wrong, I'm sure one of my friends will correct me). 

 

GBRK is a village idiot. Really, he is as dumb as a doorknob.  The most recent example is him insisting rain predicted during a 2007 drought until some people got together and did a rain dance (or prayed, I forget).  I showed him weather maps that clearly show a major rain front headed south and he STILL insists there was no rain predicted.  He denies facts in this manner often so I am only left with ridicule.   He and other fundamentalists like yourself, Ono, continually deny reality when it is shoved right into their faces.  I use the "stupid" label sparingly. You'll note that I've never called you stupid.  I might have called Bill stupid in anger but I didn't mean it.  I've never called b50 stupid but she will deny that.  If often call all your remarks stupid.  But people like GBRK, Rram and Invic are demonstrably stupid and/or just plain nuts. 

 

I could go on but the deal is this, Ono:  Atheists, unlike believers , do not pretend to be anything else.  Yes, we are often disagreeable with Christians.  That is because we DISAGREE.  We do not pretend to abide by some universal laws of behavior. 

 

You "loving Christians," on the other hand, pretend to be something you are clearly not.  You are supposed to be a religion of love and peace and tolerance and kindness and constantly showing the love of God to everyone you meet.  Bullspit, I say! Almost NONE of you represent your religion of love very well. In fact, there is exactly ONE Christian here that meets every description of that kind of person and you are certainly NOT that person.  

 

(and, no, I will not mention her name but her initials are "Joy")

 

In short, you and your friends are just as much of a jerk as I am.  The difference is that you are a hypocrite about it.

 

 

Wait a  minit now unoi, you are scoffing at the genius of GBRK, INVICTUS and myself?

Who could claim credibility and display a call to the bosom of insane people as you have.

 

You must lead a very dull life. To show you my heart is in the right place i'm inviting you to go fishing with me and my atheist friend some nite on a nice boat where you can relax on the bridge, fish or just sit on the deck and suck on a dark beer with him. Back by 10:00

 
Originally Posted by Unobtanium:
there is exactly ONE Christian here that meets every description of that kind of person and you are certainly NOT that person.  

 (and, no, I will not mention her name but her initials are "Joy")

 

***************************************

Can I respectfully offer some advice?

Don’t put Joy or any Christian upon a Pedestal. I say this from experience, & when I fell off that Pedestal, the fall was long & very hurtful.

 

Joy seems like a kind lady, but she, as any female Christian is not perfect.

The Bible gives some strong rules for a woman to follow & I don’t think there is any Christian woman anywhere today that follows those rules to the letter. Joy would possibly even agree with me on this.

 

The Bible says wives are to be submissive to their husbands, like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her master.

It says “their beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. A woman must quietly receive instruction with entire submissiveness. But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet”.

I really can’t see any woman in this day & time calling her husband Master. I certainly didn’t when I was in church with my husband & living that “Christian life”. I wore jewelry & nice clothes to church. I did not quietly receive instruction with entire submissiveness. I was & am a strong woman with common sense that didn't need a man telling me what I could/couldn't do. The only submissive thing I did was attend church with my husband because he asked it of me. I decided one day that I wasn't going to be a hypocrite anymore & haven't been in a church since.

 

You may know Joy personally outside of this forum & she may very well be one of those women that lives the role of a Christian woman that the Bible speaks of & if she is, then I say more power to her. She’s a better woman than I am.

 

Originally Posted by semiannualchick:

You may know Joy personally outside of this forum & she may very well be one of those women that lives the role of a Christian woman that the Bible speaks of & if she is, then I say more power to her. She’s a better woman than I am.

 

----

 

No, don't know Joy personally at all.  I only know what I see in this forum and her avatar exudes the Christian values that most people hold to be Christian values.  Love, compassion, patience, open-mindedness (mostly) and true concern for mortal souls (no matter how much I would disagree with that).  No one else even comes close.  As far as I know, she may be an ax murderer in real life but on this forum she is perhaps even less hypocritical than the average atheist here. 

Originally Posted by okuok:

 

 

Wait a  minit now unoi, you are scoffing at the genius of GBRK, INVICTUS and myself?

Who could claim credibility and display a call to the bosom of insane people as you have.

 

You must lead a very dull life. To show you my heart is in the right place i'm inviting you to go fishing with me and my atheist friend some nite on a nice boat where you can relax on the bridge, fish or just sit on the deck and suck on a dark beer with him. Back by 10:00

 

I will take you up on that if he doesn't. 

Add Reply

Likes (0)
Post

×
×
×
×