Hi to all my Forum Friends,

In the discussion "Dear Christian" begun by our atheist Friend, Robust -- Rram has given us a tremendous resource which we ALL should bookmark for future reference and use.

The web site is Apologetics Press and this particular page deals with the Alleged Bible Discrepancies which our atheist Friends are so quick to trot out.  When you open this web page, you can choose to look at Old Testament or New Testament.  Then, you can choose a particular book within the Old or New Testament.  

This will then offer you a rather complete list of the alleged discrepancies and gives a very good explanation; an explanation that even an atheist, if he/she will be honest, cannot dispute.   Of course, we know they all will argue -- for that is the only defense they have for their atheist Religion of Nothing.   

So, like the guy standing in the middle of the interstate asking, "What truck?" as the eighteen wheeler barrels toward him -- our atheist Friends will stick their heads deeper into the sands of atheism, all the while screaming, "God is not real!  God is not real!"    So be it.

Take a look for yourself.  Then, do as I did -- and bookmark it.  You will find it useful the next time an atheist or other non-believing Friend declares the Bible to be full of discrepancies.   


http://www.apologeticspress.or...edDiscrepancies.aspx     

 

Rram, thank you for making us aware of this great apologetic resource.

God bless, have a wonderful, blessed day,

Bill

Original Post

Hi Jimi,

 

You remind me very much of the little kid who sits in class at elementary school, throwing spit balls in an attempt to get attention.  Let me offer a suggestion.  Try actually entering into an a discussion with an intelligent thought, comment, or question -- and, just possibly, others will begin to view you as an adult and begin to respond.  But, your barbs and pithy comments only look to us like childish spit balls.

 

God bless, have a wonderful, blessed day,

 

Bill

Having met Kyle on the sidewalk outside Rosies, in Downtown Florence, on First Friday's I found him to be very intelligent and determined.  It matters not what Church he is affiliated with for his ability to convey the Christian standpoint is very detailed and accurate.  As for the debate with the atheist I shall reserve opinion for later.  I did watch the last debate on God, at the University, and that debate, in my opinion, was not handled well by the Christian representative who allowed himself to get trapped into the trap of trying to atone for Old Testament acts of God.  He spent more time trying to defend actions of God as if God needed any defense or trying to define God in Physical terms which is not possible. 

 

God, Himself, knew well that man seeks Physical proof and Physical evidence and refelected His (God's) wisdom when He directed Moses to instruct them that "I AM" sent him.   "I AM" is as defined a definition of God as could be expected.  There is no sex, no nationality, no color assigned and no Human Name given but rather an acknowledgement of existence.

 

Kyle should do well and is, in my mind, much more capable of catching the traps that are laid to fall into.  Kyle should be able to draw the distinction between Spiritual Realm and Physical Realm and their capabilities or lack of them.  If anyone is capable of debating, for Christians, it is Kyle so I look forward to the next debate.  Either way I doubt it will change minds.  Pre-bias on both sides will already confirm in people's minds who wins or prevails and the actual outcome will most likely not change that preconceived perception.  As for capability though Kyle should have the atheist on his A-Game and know enough not to get trapped therefore present our strongest case for God.

 

In my mind, with respect to representing God a win is if the element of doubt could be injected.  By this I mean if Kyle could produce a "reasonable case for doubt" that God exist.  I do not feel any atheist will be convinced by Kyle or any other Christian that God exist for I believe that only God can provide that convincing evidence through ministry/conviction of God's Holy Spirit.  Kyle however is as capable as any Christian I know to represent the Christian position and eliminate the feeling of certainty that God doesn't exist.  If he can accomplish that then he will have prevailed.  

Like I said, the religious majority is unaware that such language against God even exists as occurs in these closed door meetings by humanists and atheistic s I hope that this publicity will forge a resolve by the responsible part of society that these less-than-human ideas are just that and are counter to mans stewardship of this God given planet and it’s people.

 

Pup my friend its tragic that all victims such as yourself are trapped in the atheistic insanities.

I think it's more that they are jilted because God doesn't come down from Heaven and appear in front of their very eyes.  They further are enraged that these simpleton Christians might actually have some contact and something from God that they don't have and cannot realize. 


Think about it Ram,   from a psychological standpoint and view anyone that is effected by some form of jealousy usually manifest that emotion, eventually, in anger or some form of anger such as verbal or potentially, eventually physical as for relationships.  On here though we see manifestations of anger in the form of insults since really there is no other way to voice anger and aggression.  From Scripture we understand also that anger is a result of being led by the fleshly nature rather than being led by the Holy Spirit of Christ.. 


This is why they are so opposed to Scripture.  Not because we consider it the Word of God but because it IS the Word of God and the very words of scripture convicts them of their actions.  If it was truly a case of non-belief then they would never mention it twice but ignore it.  Because though it strikes a note, a chord, within their inner spirit/mind they abhor it, they find it offensive for it effects them because it cuts to the bone.  No there are reasons for the insults and they are the same now as they were in Christ day.  The exact same motivation creates the inner aggression which is fed and amplified by anger.  So enjoy the insults for Christ and the Disciples suffered the same in Christ Name. 

Originally Posted by gbrk:

  On here though we see manifestations of anger in the form of insults since really there is no other way to voice anger and aggression.  

 

 

GB, don't confuse our "anger" with simply calling BS on your goofy claims such as the stupid Shroud thing you keep bringing up. I am angry at no one . . .  OK, perhaps one but it isn't you.   If you dont' like BS being called upon you, then stop spewing BS.

Pup says:

"If god was real, he wouldn't need to be debated.

There'd be no doubt."

 

That doesn't hold up to scrutiny, Pup. There have been millions of things that were real, that have been debated. Just look at the people who study physics. Do you think black holes weren't debated? How about quantum black holes? One actually DOES exist, and one never did, although for a while there some (Stephen Hawking was the first) BELIEVED they did. And look at medicine! There has been a debate just about eating eggs that has raged back and forth for years. People keep collecting conflicting evidence for years.

Originally Posted by gbrk:

I think it's more that they are jilted because God doesn't come down from Heaven and appear in front of their very eyes.  They further are enraged that these simpleton Christians might actually have some contact and something from God that they don't have and cannot realize. 

Is this the kind of "anger" you are talkign about, GB?  Shall you do what the Lord commands you and kill us all?

 

"Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods.  In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully.  If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock.  Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it.  Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God.  That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt.  Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction.  Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you.  He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors.  "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him."  (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)" 

Numbers 31:17
 
 17 Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known a man
 
Numbers 31:18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

Deuteronomy 7:2 and when the LORD your God has delivered them over to you and you have defeated them, then you must destroy them totally. Make no treaty with them, and show them no mercy.

Deuteronomy 20:16 However, in the cities of the nations the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes.

Judges 21:10 So the assembly sent twelve thousand fighting men with instructions to go to Jabesh Gilead and put to the sword those living there, including the women and children.

Judges 21:11 "This is what you are to do," they said. "Kill every male and every woman who is not a virgin."
 
 
 
Ahhhhh, ain't love grand!

UNO/Jennifer why would I or any other Christian do such?  See that's where being able to understand the Bible and comprehend it rather than just pulling out words to use for your own benefit or to make your own point is wrong. 


Do you not know who that was written to and for what reason?  It was written to Israel as directions to God's people for governing themselves in that specific time period for that specific people.  ARE you trying to imply that because that appears in the Scripture that it applies to today?  I know you both are more intelligent than that. 


Look at our own nation and some of the crazy laws that were valid in their time and today make no sense at all.  We don't ride around on horses any more and there are other things that were relevant in their time but not valid today.  The same with God's commands and words.  Some were specific directives for Israel and necessary to Govern their nation and people according to what God demanded.  If they violated the directions then those punishments were to be administered. 


Today we live under the period of Grace where Salvation is open to the Gentiles as well as the Jews and today we are all under a Judgment upon sin but that actual Judgment comes later, after our death, but we are given a way to escape that judgment for one has paid our penalty for our sins and sin nature.  Jesus Christ and those who put their trust in Him to have paid the price for their sins.  Old Testament laws regarding the governing of the nation of Israel do not apply to Christians and people today so no people are killed for that today but that doesn't mean we, as humans, do not need to concern ourselves with a future judgment upon our acts and words and deeds as all Christians and non-Christians will face God in the future whether or not we accept to believe in Him today.

Originally Posted by Unobtanium:
Originally Posted by gbrk:

  On here though we see manifestations of anger in the form of insults since really there is no other way to voice anger and aggression.  

 

 

GB, don't confuse our "anger" with simply calling BS on your goofy claims such as the stupid Shroud thing you keep bringing up. I am angry at no one . . .  OK, perhaps one but it isn't you.   If you dont' like BS being called upon you, then stop spewing BS.

Uno, Disagree with what we say, argue that you don't believe in God or that you don't Believe in the Bible but how is calling BS incorporate personal remarks of a demeaning nature against the person posting?   What would cause personal insults if not some inward emotion about either the specific individual being insulted or due to the persons belief?   How is calling someone names calling BS against what they believe?   If you call BS on something that usually means you provide some convincing argument to the contrary.  Sorry but I don't see that happen here so that's why I said it must spring from some inner anger or resentment regarding either Church, Christians in general, or some other thing related to Christians or Christianity.  There seems to be no argument about why atheism is the all end all and how what is said is wrong?  Usually most things discussed are opinions or personal beliefs that can neither be proven or disproven.  Just because it isn't right or real for one doesn't mean it is not for the other.  


Calling BS is no more than an arrogant way of saying I'm Right and don't care about debate you accept that I'm right and it doesn't work that way.  How, otherwise, would you explain it then?

UNO/Jennifer why would I or any other Christian do such?  See that's where being able to understand the Bible and comprehend it rather than just pulling out words to use for your own benefit or to make your own point is wrong

 

 Where did I say you would do it? Come on now, show me proof or be discredited. Pulling out words? Goodness, that's a bit more than just words.

Originally Posted by gbrk:


Do you not know who that was written to and for what reason?  It was written to Israel as directions to God's people for governing themselves in that specific time period for that specific people.  ARE you trying to imply that because that appears in the Scripture that it applies to today?  I know you both are more intelligent than that. 



So EXACTLY what tools of reason do you use to determine what verses to abide by and which to ignore?  You use plenty in the Old Testament as justification for your intolerance such as anti-homosecuality, the 10 Commandments, eye-for-eye and so forth.

Genesis was written for people who knew nothing about cosmology, geology, astrophysics and quantum physics.  Yes you insist that it is the literal, inerrant word of God-a-mighty and outright refuse to even ponder anything that contradicts.  So why don't us your your same "logic" to refute Deuteronomy as you do for Genesis?

Originally Posted by Jennifer:

Funny how gb thinks the atheist's disagreement with religion is anger, but disagreement with atheism from christians is some sort of caring.

I haven't disagreed with atheism. Here is what I believe about atheism.  I said people believe as they do because they usually have a basis for what they believe.  Also I said that someone that does not know God, does not experience God's Holy Spirit has no first hand knowledge of God so would naturally believe He doesn't exist.  I also said that belief though does not mean God does not exist.

 

If anything could be called a disagreement with atheism it would be how many atheist interact with Christians or people of faith.  Many times that interaction is doing exactly to Christians what they claim Christians do unto them.  Words like arrogant, fundamental, hypocrisy,  judgmental etc cut both ways and can apply to atheist as much as Christians.  Everyone is human so subject to exactly the same emotions.

 

The use of the word anger was a guess, hypothetical guess, as to what would or could possibly be happening within a persons mind/emotions that would cause them to use personal insults against people they don't even know, fellow forum members, just because of their personal belief.  It's not respecting an individuals right to believe as they wish.  I've seen results of someone being angry before and their actions are quite similar.  They call names they demean the other person attacking the person rather than the argument.  I'm not the only one that sees it there are plenty of others.  Often, and it should be, but often terse and harsh remarks are returned to avenge being personally attacked for ones choice of belief.

 

I reached my limit when there was no respect given to a simple and reasonable request to allow some of us to discuss a particular scripture among ourselves.  There wasn't any attempt to restrict the forum but ask that IF you join in that you don't do so by attacking or demeaning us for our belief or because we believe the Bible is God's Word but NO that respect would not even be extended (by some) even when requested.  So if it's going to be so I resolved to call attention to it and as much attention to it as is needed to reveal it for what it is.  It may not be anger toward an individual but anger toward religion or Christianity, or the Bible or God in general.  Anger may not apply to all but something is causing the harsh words that are used when there is no reason to do so.  Everyone wants respect and when they don't get it then what is the reason for it?  If not anger then what?

Originally Posted by Jennifer:

UNO/Jennifer why would I or any other Christian do such?  See that's where being able to understand the Bible and comprehend it rather than just pulling out words to use for your own benefit or to make your own point is wrong

 

 Where did I say you would do it? Come on now, show me proof or be discredited. Pulling out words? Goodness, that's a bit more than just words.

Unlike you Jennifer I answer those accusations and show PROOF or EVIDENCE when requested.   Reference UNO's question, in his post, above.

 

Is this the kind of "anger" you are talkign about, GB?  Shall you do what the Lord commands you and kill us all?

 

That is a question and what does he say at the end ... "Shall you do what the Lord commands you and kill us all?"  Yes Jennifer I was ask that question so there you go and the reason I posted what I did.  I also addressed that to UNO and not only you so don't you go taking offense because it was to him also and above you see the sentence why.  It was addressed to both of you because both of you threw in scripture reference to try and make a point that the scripture never was meant to make. 


Now why don' you Woman up and do the SAME as I did and produce your evidence that I ever wanted to make the Religion Forum an exclusive Christian forum?  You did make that statement and are steaming from my calling you on it so you wanted me to "show me proof or be discredited".

 

So Jennifer back at you .. show me your proof (of your statement about me under the other Subject) or remain discredited!  Do it here or do it there but (like Nike) Just do it!

Originally Posted by Jennifer:

We're finally getting close to the admission that nothing in the bible means what it says, and that it is just a bunch of stories made up by superstitious bloodthirsty old men.

Those are YOUR words and what you want to see.  There is no such admission, from me, of what you want to construe about the Bible.   My statement, Regarding the Bible is that it is and remains the Word of God to humankind.  It can be read and understood from an intellectual standpoint or appreciated for the poetry and historical significance but as for Spiritual Meaning that will only and can only come to those whom the Lord God reveals it to by His Holy Spirit.  So while there are some things that can be understood in the Bible there are many others that God teaches to those who are His.

You reached your limit? Well la de da. I didn't post on that thread now did I? My limit came when you kept asking the same question over and over about why we come to this forum, even though we had answered it. Then you proceed to get snarky and pretend you don't know what I mean when I told you how the forum had been previously titled. You kept posting and posting about how YOU hadn't seen it titled that way. So what if YOU didn't see it, it was what it was. Then you start to demand "proof".  If you want proof you can wade through all the old threads and posts, I'm certainly not going to do it for you.  You think you're playing some clever game but all you're doing is making yourself look very silly and immature. What you claim is our "hatred" is a loss of patience with you because you insist on acting, and it is an act I hope, naive (to put it politely).

GB, I wouldn't waste any more time on this if I were you. Jennifer is mad at you because she says you won't accept her answer to your question. Yet when atheists ask US a question and we answer it, they NEVER accept the answer. Some of the atheists on this board are masters of the double standard. Arguing with them is a total waste of time, because they don't want answers, they just want an excuse to keep throwing insults.

And how many times, Jennifer, have atheists asked about conflicting verses in the Bible? Each time we answered you, and each time you don't accept out answers. Face it, you're not here to learn, you're here to "take it out on someone". Why don't you go find a puppy to kick?

Originally Posted by Unobtanium:
Originally Posted by gbrk:

  On here though we see manifestations of anger in the form of insults since really there is no other way to voice anger and aggression.  

 

 

GB, don't confuse our "anger" with simply calling BS on your goofy claims such as the stupid Shroud thing you keep bringing up. I am angry at no one . . .  OK, perhaps one but it isn't you.   If you dont' like BS being called upon you, then stop spewing BS.


=============

hey don't be mad at me unoi. You are the one who wants to be the maverick [unbranded range animal: Wiki] here in the Bible Belt and don't know your place.

 

You act like you're a member of the Rotary Club.

Originally Posted by O No!:

And how many times, Jennifer, have atheists asked about conflicting verses in the Bible? Each time we answered you, and each time you don't accept out answers. Face it, you're not here to learn, you're here to "take it out on someone". Why don't you go find a puppy to kick?


*************************************************************************************************************

 

You're the one that seems to have something that you need to "take out" on someone. Go read our responses to gb. We answered him/her but he/she kept posting over and over again about it. So once again let me state, the "anger" or "taking it out" on someone you claim I have is simply a loss of patience with people that don't want to accept an answer. You are the same way, I've read some of your posts to people, but I guess since you're all godly and stuff you feel you are allowed to state your opinions but others aren't. GB wouldn't accept my or AR's answers so it's clear that he/she had no real interest in the answer and was just using it to start a "conflict" so he/she could crawl up on the cross again. As far as contradictions in the bible, I ask the other day about one and no one would take it on.

Originally Posted by Jennifer:
Originally Posted by O No!:

And how many times, Jennifer, have atheists asked about conflicting verses in the Bible? Each time we answered you, and each time you don't accept out answers. Face it, you're not here to learn, you're here to "take it out on someone". Why don't you go find a puppy to kick?


*************************************************************************************************************

 

You're the one that seems to have something that you need to "take out" on someone. Go read our responses to gb. We answered him/her but he/she kept posting over and over again about it. So once again let me state, the "anger" or "taking it out" on someone you claim I have is simply a loss of patience with people that don't want to accept an answer. You are the same way, I've read some of your posts to people, but I guess since you're all godly and stuff you feel you are allowed to state your opinions but others aren't. GB wouldn't accept my or AR's answers so it's clear that he/she had no real interest in the answer and was just using it to start a "conflict" so he/she could crawl up on the cross again. As far as contradictions in the bible, I ask the other day about one and no one would take it on.

 

That is what this whole thread is about - the so-called contradictions in the Bible. And yet you didn't even read from the link Bill provided, did you? You refuse to read anything Bill or GB posts if you thin the posts are too long, so how can you even participate in the conversation if you refuse to hear what others are saying?

 

I know - because you aren't HERE for conversation, you just can't find a puppy!

 

They are reading them Jennifer.  I posted your response that appeared directly below that question and you replied with a series of WHY questions which were no real answer.  Others may have responded and I addressed post to them but I didn't ask but under ONE SUBJECT.  Your pizzed because maybe sometime in the past someone else ask you and you do not want to be ask/challenged again. 


YES there is a double standard and you atheist do exactly the things you accuse us Christians of but somehow you deserve a pass.  You have made statements implying that I want to restrict the Religion forum only to Christians yet that never was done.  All of a sudden it seems that I should not ask (ASK) the Times Daily to clarify what the Religion forum is for.  I did so because you said it stated before Religion and other practices and beliefs or something like that.  IF I didn't believe you why would I have ask TD to clarify it.  I took your word for it but ONLY ask for proof after I kept asking you to show proof where I wanted to make the Religion forum a Christian only forum and you kept making accusations as If it was true without proof.  I then decided if I can't trust you to represent me correctly then it might be possible you saw what you wanted to see.


Listen again, for all, I said that I would welcome anyone (respectful) to the Religion forum that was here to contribute and participate without having to try and be disruptive.  Most forum members do not welcome or want anyone who is here just for the purpose of being destructive and demeaning toward other forum members who happen to believe differently than they or who happen to be here because they believe in a religion or Christianity.  You and others have turned that around to say I wanted a Christian only Forum. 


What I DID request was consideration from all atheist on here to allow some of the Christians or people that accept the Bible as real, to be able to discuss some scripture without all the heckling from atheist about how it isn't false or how we are dumb to believe in it.  No you did not violate that but enough atheist did that it proves and shows that there is NO way that any Christian will get enough respect to be able to discuss anything of importance to them.  Y'all are not interested in debate or discussion you are interested in conquering and in depriving Christians of any chance to discuss anything related to Christ or God.  You say you are here to call BS on what we say. WHY?  It is YOUR (as in atheist) opinion and not a certainty.  It is your opinion that cannot be proved or disproven so calling BS on it is atheist arrogance saying I don't care about what you believe I don't like it therefore I'm not going to let you discuss it without chiming in. 


The intent from your post reveal anything but considerate or respectful debate or discussion and when revealed boy does it get a reaction.  Maybe because it struck a nerve?.

No I don't read all their long rambling posts.  Bill's posting this thread is nothing but a continuation of the silly crap ramn was posting, and as I told ramn I am familiar with butts and the Apologetics Press . As far as the "puppies" go, I have three of them right here. Not gonna kick them though, and no one had better even think of doing it to them either.

Originally Posted by O No!:

GB, I wouldn't waste any more time on this if I were you. Jennifer is mad at you because she says you won't accept her answer to your question. Yet when atheists ask US a question and we answer it, they NEVER accept the answer. Some of the atheists on this board are masters of the double standard. Arguing with them is a total waste of time, because they don't want answers, they just want an excuse to keep throwing insults.

I still don't know if I got Jennifer's answer as to why atheist would want to post on a forum dedicated to Religion.  I did get a bunch of "Why" questions as a response and I later got accused of wanting to restrict this forum only to Christians so I did needle ( repeat over and over asking the same thing ) but that wasn't the initial question as to why atheist would want to post in a forum dedicated to Religion.  Why I kept asking the same thing .. as in Prove it was that I never said it so I defended myself by demanding proof from her so yeah I did ask the same thing over and over and over and still don't think I got an reply to that either but I could be wrong because I haven't looked.  Maybe they think I didn't accept their answer or what they felt was their answer because I made the accusation that I believed that some atheist are in the forum posting for nefarious or destructive reasons.  I based that mostly on the content of some of their post and the continual assaults in each and every topic.

 

Jennifer's closest answer to the question was because they could post here because it said (in the old forum format) that it was for Religion and other beliefs and practices and she seems upset because I didn't see it.  She said that because of that "other practices" I suppose that would give atheist the right and privilege to jump in and disrupt any of our attempts at establishing a conversation.  Jennifer did not say it in that way some will take it that way as justifying their post. 

 

If the forum did say for other beliefs and practices, and I saw it, I most likely would have never entered to post there as I don't go into forums that are dedicated to atheist.  I, unlike some, don't care to go into a forum and post when I don't agree with it or what it's targeted for.  IF the times daily changes this forum from Religion to Philosophy or something like that I doubt I will post near as much because ti will be apparent that it is wasting time and that no Christian will ever get a chance to actually discuss anything for everything, every subject would be nothing but arguments and insults.  If they say it's for Religion and Religions then I'll stay and the atheist can justify in their own minds and their fellow forum members why they would choose to post in a forum that was targeted for something they don't believe in or accept. 

Add Reply

Likes (0)
Post

×
×
×
×