Cop1: Has she performed oral sex on him?

Kyle: Yeah, I think so.

Cop1: Nice.

Cop2: Nice.

Cop3: Nice.

Detective: So, wait. What's the crime?

Cop: The crime is, she isn't doin' it with me!

Kyle: Hey! He's totally underage! She's taking advantage of him!

Detective: You're right, we're sorry. This is serious. We need to track this student down, and give him his Luckiest Boy in America medal right away.
WOW!!! The whole SCHOOL arrested??!! Here is how the story actually starts off:

"MUSCLE SHOALS, AL (WAFF) - A Shoals middle school was taken into police custody Saturday night after allegations of an improper relationship with a student."

How did they find a big enough place?
Why did they mention Covenant Christian School??? When I first started reading the article, it made it look like she was a teacher there. I understand the call just involved CCS's parking lot - but, I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought that at first. Why didn't they just say police received a call to a Colbert parking lot???
The situation with this teacher was brought to the school's attention a couple of years ago. Her job was to be a teacher and teach...she took advantage of the situation and of the kids, which she had no right to do so. Teachers are suppose to be role models for our kids, someone they can look up too, not trying to "be" one of them. I know a lot of the kids that she has taught from the time she came to Sheffield and they are very upset that a teacher they loved did this. Not only the young boy and his family have a lot to deal with ahead, but her actions have hurt her family and friends.
um, she's charged with rape AND sodomy....I get the 'rape' (even consensual sex with a minor is still charged as rape)....but sodomy??? WTF? Wow, yikes that's rough...(oh, nevermind...surely they meant the oral kind)....and the police were responding to an alarm at the school?? C'mon, how many alarm calls do the cops get for Covenant Christian, really? Pure chance this teacher & student just 'happened' to be there "steaming up the windows in her car"? Anyone else think there might be a lot more to this story?
Well I have to agree with have_at_it. She had been warned before about hanging out with boys after school hours from teachers, prinicipal and superintendent. And did they hubby not think it was weird her hanging out with this kid all the time?
quote:
Originally posted by REDNEVEDNAV:
um, she's charged with rape AND sodomy....I get the 'rape' (even consensual sex with a minor is still charged as rape)....but sodomy??? WTF? Wow, yikes that's rough...(oh, nevermind...surely they meant the oral kind)....and the police were responding to an alarm at the school?? C'mon, how many alarm calls do the cops get for Covenant Christian, really? Pure chance this teacher & student just 'happened' to be there "steaming up the windows in her car"? Anyone else think there might be a lot more to this story?


I can't say for sure if there is more to the story or not, but as for the answer to the question of how often does the alarm go off there? Well, in the mid 90s when I was a Police Officer there, it went off quiet a bit!
My son is a former student of Watkins. He wasn't the least bit surprised by this. That's what upsets me. If the students knew about this behavior,and someone mentioned other teachers and even the principal knew, why was she allowed to continue teaching?
quote:
Originally posted by Endora2:
My son is a former student of Watkins. He wasn't the least bit surprised by this. That's what upsets me. If the students knew about this behavior,and someone mentioned other teachers and even the principal knew, why was she allowed to continue teaching?

Ditto! But I guess that's something that the administration seems to be having a hard time answering. Actually, I don't believe they want to answer it because now they're saying they had no knowledge of the unusual attention she seemed to be giving some kids, in and out of school. I feel so bad for her young daughter and can't even begin to imagine what that child is thinking. So sad. Frowner
Pray for this family. The world of the husband and especially the daughter just got turned upside down and will be forever changed. I am especially sorry for the child as they just had to grow up quite a bit overnight.

I wonder if they will allow her to plea this down or if they will truly go for the felony charges against her?
quote:
Originally posted by fhantom309_35660:
quote:
Originally posted by REDNEVEDNAV:
um, she's charged with rape AND sodomy....I get the 'rape' (even consensual sex with a minor is still charged as rape)....but sodomy??? WTF? Wow, yikes that's rough...(oh, nevermind...surely they meant the oral kind)....and the police were responding to an alarm at the school?? C'mon, how many alarm calls do the cops get for Covenant Christian, really? Pure chance this teacher & student just 'happened' to be there "steaming up the windows in her car"? Anyone else think there might be a lot more to this story?


I can't say for sure if there is more to the story or not, but as for the answer to the question of how often does the alarm go off there? Well, in the mid 90s when I was a Police Officer there, it went off quiet a bit!


We had a school alarm doing the same thing at one time. We traced it to hanging displays in one classroom. When the heat/AC came on, they bagan moving thereby tripping the motion sensor.
quote:
Originally posted by have_at_it:
quote:
Originally posted by Endora2:
My son is a former student of Watkins. He wasn't the least bit surprised by this. That's what upsets me. If the students knew about this behavior,and someone mentioned other teachers and even the principal knew, why was she allowed to continue teaching?

Ditto! But I guess that's something that the administration seems to be having a hard time answering. Actually, I don't believe they want to answer it because now they're saying they had no knowledge of the unusual attention she seemed to be giving some kids, in and out of school. I feel so bad for her young daughter and can't even begin to imagine what that child is thinking. So sad. Frowner


Plausable deniability. You'd be surprised at the number of things that 'officially' 'don't happen' at schools.
Hi, there teach, yeah, we do dislike teachers who sexually molest students. Just a hangup we have I guess.

So, Did Mr. or Mrs Watkins work for the TD. Mr. Watkins worked for WHNT? If the woman just freelanced, that means she sold articles. A lot of us have done that, but we aren't considered employees ( I mean ppl I work with, not me personally obviously, although I don't think my grammar is too much worse.)
quote:
Originally posted by what_now:
Vandivender;;; You think


I don't know who the heck you think you are. The teacher whose name you just mentioned has been retired for the past two or three years, is elderly, and the wife of a pastor. You obviously have her confused with someone else with a similar last name and that person is also a very nice person. The teacher involved in this has her name mentioned in several articles so I assume you posting the wrong name here is intentional.
quote:
Originally posted by dogsoldier0513:
quote:
Originally posted by have_at_it:
quote:
Originally posted by Endora2:
My son is a former student of Watkins. He wasn't the least bit surprised by this. That's what upsets me. If the students knew about this behavior,and someone mentioned other teachers and even the principal knew, why was she allowed to continue teaching?

Ditto! But I guess that's something that the administration seems to be having a hard time answering. Actually, I don't believe they want to answer it because now they're saying they had no knowledge of the unusual attention she seemed to be giving some kids, in and out of school. I feel so bad for her young daughter and can't even begin to imagine what that child is thinking. So sad. Frowner


Plausable deniability. You'd be surprised at the number of things that 'officially' 'don't happen' at schools.


I agree .My son said she has been hanging with 2 other boys a lot too .. The boy Mrs Watkins was with and these other 2 hang at her desk all the time...
What pisses me off as a parent of 2 Sheffield students that had her and has her this year is that she got reprimanded 2 years ago with messing with students..... WHY IS SHE STILL TEACHING??? If I were a sub... I WOULD NOT be there anymore... I ASSUMED school was a safe place ESPECIALLY around a teacher.. I USE to hold me head up high when I said my kids went to Sheffield..NOW I bow my head in shame... WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT??? I PROMISE you this, it sure won't surprise or shock me ...

Add Reply

Likes (0)
Post

×
×
×
×