Hi to my Forum Friends,

Over and over, in the discussion "Book Of Mark... Fiction?" begun by our atheist Friend, Deep, I have seen people post that there is no evidence of God.  And, that faith is blind, no evidence.  Nothing could be further from the truth.  There is an abundance of evidence for both.

Answered prayer is solid reason for faith -- and solid evidence that God is real.  And, it is proof that He answers the prayers of His children, Christian believers.  He does not answer prayers for non-believers -- for why should they be asking Him for anything?   They don't believe in Him.  However, once they do sincerely pray the one prayer He will hear from them -- the prayer to receive Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior -- then, God hears and answers ALL their prayers.

Of course, the non-believers will laugh at this truth, for they have never had a prayer answered by God.  If I had never seen a sunset  -- I most likely would not believe it to be so beautiful either.  But, once my eyes have been opened, once I have spiritual eyes, I can see -- and, in seeing, I have faith.  And, then I KNOW that God is real.

Fulfilled prophecy is solid reason for faith and for belief in God.  In the Bible, Old Testament and New Testament, there are 1817 prophecies.  ALL except the prophecies of the End Times, of His return to rapture His church, the Tribulation, His Second Coming, and Eternity -- have been fulfilled.  This is proven by both religious and secular sources.

Consider this.  Looking at prophecies about Jesus Christ, it is estimated that the chance of one man fulfilling eight prophecies is one  in 10^17.  That is "1 chance in --- 100,000,000,000,000,000" -- for only 8 fulfilled prophecies.

In the Bible, there are over 300 prophecies about Jesus Christ.  Can you imagine how many zeroes it would take to write that number?    How about the number of zeroes to represent 1800 fulfilled prophecies?

Yet, the only prophecies left to be fulfilled are those few about the End Times.   And, not one single prophecy from the Bible has failed to happen just as it was written.  The Bible has 100% accuracy in fulfilled prophecies.   In the natural world that could not happen -- no matter what seer or psychic one might visit.  But, it does happen, supernaturally, with God and His Written Word, the Bible.

I explain all this and much more in four PowerPoint presentations I have created.   In 2005, my daughter, Lana, was taking a World Religion class at our local junior college to get her final credit to graduate with her B.S. degree in Business.   For extra credit, she asked me speak to her class.  For this, I prepared the PowerPoint presentation titled "It All Began With Creation."

Since then, I have created other PowerPoint presentations for Bible studies.  If anyone would like me to e-mail copies to you, please send me a Private Message with your e-mail address.   The four that I can send you now are:

 

Inaugural Class - We Believe
It All Began With Creation
End Times Bible Study - Week One
End Times Bible Study - Week Two

 

My Friends, God is real -- and He is definitely in the Saving Business.  He is not an impersonal God as those who follow deism, pantheism, polytheism, and other world religions would tell you.  Our God, the God of the Bible, is personal (very personal), present, and active in our lives, in our world, and in the universe -- every minute of every day

2 Peter 3:9, "The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance."

His personal promises to YOU:

HAVE eternal life:  John 3:15, John 3:16, John 5:39, John 6:40, 1 John 5:13

HAS eternal life:  John 3:36, John 5:24, John 6:47

So, to my non-believing Friends, I offer this:  Hebrews 12:1-2, "Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the a u t h or and perfecter of faith. . ."

God bless, have a wonderful, blessed day,

 

Bill

Christ-Bridge-FAITH-1b

Attachments

Photos (1)
Original Post

Bill, I have a very dear friend that is a Christian & she just had a close family member to die. She was asking God for her family member to be healed, believing her prayer to be answered. Her family member died, & when she questioned why, she was told “It’s God’s will” or that he was healed, by dying. That’s a cop out answer that most Christians give when ask questions like hers. 

 

As far as those beautiful sunsets you mention, I see them every morning that I chose to sit on my patio & watch one. You can see them no differently than I can.

 

How many times do you mention on this forum, the things you have done?

It’s my belief that the reason someone brags is because they feel insecure about themselves. You have a self esteem problem, & bragging makes you feel better. 

You are one of those people that it makes you feel good if you can in some way make other people feel inferior.

You may think you’re more intelligent than some people, but you do yourself & God a large disservice by bragging. 

1 Corinthians 3:18  (KJV)

 "Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise".

 

Your own reasoning keeps you from receiving the simplicity of the Gospel. I pity people like you.

 

 

Posted by Bill:


Answered prayer is solid reason for faith -- and solid evidence that God is real.  And, it is proof that He answers the prayers of His children, Christian believers.  He does not answer prayers for non-believers -- for why should they be asking Him for anything?   They don't believe in Him.  However, once they do sincerely pray the one prayer He will hear from them -- the prayer to receive Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior -- then, God hears and answers ALL their prayers.

So, Bill, no Christian has ever prayed to have a missing limb (arm or leg) restored, or God just hates amputees?

I think God hears everyone's prayers, Christian or not.  Of course, I think there is only one God for all the religions.

 

As for those that don't get answered the way we want, since we can't see the big picture, it doesn't make sense to us, but one day we will understand.

 

But, of course, I am a heathen according to Christians. 

Originally Posted by b50m:

I think God hears everyone's prayers, Christian or not. 

As for those that don't get answered the way we want, since we can't see the big picture, it doesn't make sense to us, but one day we will understand.

 

_______________________________

Matthew 21:22 says “And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive”.

If I am to believe what the Bible says, the words are you shall receive, not that you might.

 

I think God hears all prayers too, but I'm sure we will get a sermon from Bill on what we think, & how wrong we are. He is, after all, the master of all knowledge.

 

 

 

Semi,  Regarding prayer that seemingly is unanswered or that seems to have no effect, as if someone dies or our prayer is not answered in the way we ask for it to be answered, those are sometimes the most difficult times to handle.  Handle as a friend and handle as the person desiring the answer to prayer.. 

 

When I have been confronted, talking to a person about that, sometimes I have to honestly just say I really don't know.  One of the most difficult times I have had is when talking to a family that lost a two year old Child in an Automobile accident.  Answering why sometimes bad things happen to good people or why at times good things seem to happen to the most undeserving.

 

For one, as with the last statement I made, those are personal judgments I try not to make, about who is deserving and who is not.  I think in times of severe Grief, over a death, as with a friend, just being there to listen and comfort is the most you can do as being human sometimes we don't have sufficient answers to the most difficult questions.  It is reasonable and rational to wonder why God doesn't answer a person's prayer.  Believe me I honestly do believe there are answers to the questions and reasons God does not intervene at times.  I can't say that the answers are not always easy either. 

 

Sometimes the most difficult thing to do, when it happens to you or so close to home, is to attempt to look at things from God's perspective, something naturally and humanly we cannot really hope to do.  For instance, IF God is eternal (past and future) as I believe He is and that Scripture teaches, then time drops out of the equation.  If, as the Scripture says one day is as a thousand years and a thousand years as a day then from God's perspective, in the scope of eternity there is no difference between the death (time wise) of a two year old and a ninety year old.  Humanly and as far as we are concerned there is a vast difference especially for those of us left to cope with the loss or the disease, as in cases of cancer.  It is not fair and it seems so tragic.  To simply say It's God's Will is no sufficient answer, at least I have found.  Often the answer is only revealed over time and in a time period.

 

What I have always tried to say, and relate, is that like with many things we will not know until we look at things with the benefit of Time.  That doesn't mean time makes it any better or different, as far as humanly coping with a difficult situation or with pain of sickness or death but it gives us the ability to consider with a more rational mind, at times.  The loss or pain isn't any better, for some, but sometimes our ability and willingness to listen and talk to God is greater and less effected by the circumstances. 

 

Those answers that are often not there aren't guaranteed to be there later in time either but our willingness to consider listening to God is at times better and more available.  It is my belief that only God, through His Holy Spirit can give a person peace and comfort and answer that which seemingly has no answers.  Often we are not wanting to hear those answers either.  I could share some personal instances but I don't care to openly and publicly but if you want to know I don't mind to dialog about it.

I guess, "**** happens" isn't sufficient for an answer to why bad things happen to good people.  Of course it is, but those who believe God is active in your every day life prefer "God works in mysterious ways", or "it is not for us to know".  Somehow it makes them feel better to blame God for everything.

God does not hear everyone's prayers. God only hears the prayers of saved believers and the only prayer He hears from non-believers is the prayer unto salvation.

Even all believers prayers are not answered. If they were then you would see miracle upon miracle happen every minute of every day. The Bible say's that if we have the faith of a mustard seed (which is very tiny if you've ever seen a mustard seed) then our faith could move mountains. God is not saying in this passage that if we pray that a mountain would actually move but He's saying that we should have that kind of faith in our hearts knowing that if we are in the center of God's perfect will and we ask anything from him that He will hear and answer our prayers. BUT, this is all only according to his will for our lives. God will not let you win the lottery if you pray and ask Him to let you win, He will not grow a new limb for you. God wants to do things for his believers but He wants our main focus to be on Him and eternity, not things of this earth for we are only here for a little while.

I once read something that states it pretty clear. Compared to eternity, our lives are just a mist. We are only here on this earth for a short time. We better make the best of it. Eternity is a long time.

Originally Posted by gbrk:

Semi, 

When I have been confronted, talking to a person about that, sometimes I have to honestly just say I really don't know.

I could share some personal instances but I don't care to openly and publicly but if you want to know I don't mind to dialog about it.

__________________________

I had rather hear someone say they really don't know than try to second guess God.

I would welcome any dialog with you. You never know that I just might learn something.

 

I was wrong when I said I believe God hears all prayers. Got to thinking about it & remembered a scripture that says he doesn't.

John 9:31 says "Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth”.

 

Seems to me if God's love is perfect & unconditional, he would listen to everyone but that’s just my opinion, & evidently not the way God works.

 

Originally Posted by I am the Fireman:

God does not hear everyone's prayers. God only hears the prayers of saved believers and the only prayer He hears from non-believers is the prayer unto salvation.

..................blah, blah, blah..............
________________
So I ask you, Bill's alter ego, has there never been a saved believer who prayed for the regeneration of a lost limb, or does God just say "no" to all amputees?
Originally Posted by CrustyMac:
Originally Posted by I am the Fireman:

God does not hear everyone's prayers. God only hears the prayers of saved believers and the only prayer He hears from non-believers is the prayer unto salvation.

..................blah, blah, blah..............
________________
So I ask you, Bill's alter ego, has there never been a saved believer who prayed for the regeneration of a lost limb, or does God just say "no" to all amputees?
_________________________________________________________________________
Ooh ooh! Pick me! I know the answer!
It is because when God created the universe, He also created the laws of science, and God does not break His own laws.
So if it is a believer who prays for a new limb, God will most likely give him acceptance instead, and some new-found abilities that he never would have discovered had he been whole.
An example, if I may: Many years ago, I cut my hand. BADLY. I knew the second I did it that I would not be able to play guitar, maybe EVER. Of course, because I strive to accept God's will in all things, rather than pray that it WOULDN'T affect my guitar playing, I prayed like this: "Dear Lord, so many people never get to play guitar, and you have given ME the joy of playing for the past thirty years. Thank you. Now, if it's your will that I never play again, I ask you to show me what's next."
About a month later I was visiting friends and someone brought a Celtic harp. He let me play it, and when I discovered that I COULD play it, I went out and bought one. It was a year before the nerves in my hand healed enough to let me play guitar. I STILL have pain sometimes. But during that year off, I learned to PLAY that harp, and it has been one of the biggest joys of my life.
So, it has been MY experience that when He says, "No", it is because He has something else for us. It is up to us to recognize it, use it, and thank Him for it.

 

Crusty, cause he likes some worms and lizards better than humans?

 

regeneration


 

 
 

The growth of new tissue or organs to replace those lost or damaged through injury. All animals and plants are capable of regeneration to some extent but, as a general rule, the more highly evolved an animal is, the less are its powers of regeneration. Humans, for example, are able to regenerate skin and bone tissue to mend wounds and fractures, but are unable to regrow even a finger if one should be lost. Some internal organs can be regenerated if a large enough part remains as a starting point. The liver is an example; so, too, are the adrenal glands. The replacement of worn-out tissues is a form of regeneration and goes on throughout life. The most obvious is the replacement of skin from below as the outer layers rub off.

Some animals are able to regenerate new limbs – in fact lizards may actually shed their tails themselves to confuse enemies and later grow knew ones. Crabs, too, can throw off a limb to escape from an enemy. The most striking cases of regeneration, however, are found among the lower animals – the cnidarians and the flatworms.

quote:    Originally Posted by O No!:
quote:   Originally Posted by CrustyMac:
So I ask you, Bill's alter ego, has there never been a saved believer who prayed for the regeneration of a lost limb, or does God just say "no" to all amputees?
Ooh ooh! Pick me! I know the answer!   It is because when God created the universe, He also created the laws of science, and God does not break His own laws.  So if it is a believer who prays for a new limb, God will most likely give him acceptance instead, and some new-found abilities that he never would have discovered had he been whole. 
An example, if I may: Many years ago, I cut my hand. BADLY. I knew the second I did it that I would not be able to play guitar, maybe EVER. Of course, because I strive to accept God's will in all things, rather than pray that it WOULDN'T affect my guitar playing, I prayed like this: "Dear Lord, so many people never get to play guitar, and you have given ME the joy of playing for the past thirty years. Thank you. Now, if it's your will that I never play again, I ask you to show me what's next."
About a month later I was visiting friends and someone brought a Celtic harp. He let me play it, and when I discovered that I COULD play it, I went out and bought one. It was a year before the nerves in my hand healed enough to let me play guitar. I STILL have pain sometimes. But during that year off, I learned to PLAY that harp, and it has been one of the biggest joys of my life.
So, it has been MY experience that when He says, "No", it is because He has something else for us. It is up to us to recognize it, use it, and thank Him for it.

Hi O,

 

All I can add to your post is:  AMEN!  AMEN!  AMEN!    Folks like our dear Friend, Crusty, spend their lives challenging God to "prove Himself" to them.  And, God merely smiles and tells them, "My child, I have done that over and over.   But, you need to open your spiritual eyes so that you can see.   You will never see until you remove the blindfold from your spiritual eyes and quit clamping them shut."

 

How true, the old saying, "There is none so blind as he who WILL NOT see!" 

 

And, O, you and I both know this describes our non-believing Friends such as Crusty -- to a tee.

 

God bless, have a wonderful, blessed day,

 

Bill

Originally Posted by O No!:
Originally Posted by CrustyMac:
Originally Posted by I am the Fireman:

God does not hear everyone's prayers. God only hears the prayers of saved believers and the only prayer He hears from non-believers is the prayer unto salvation.

..................blah, blah, blah..............
________________
So I ask you, Bill's alter ego, has there never been a saved believer who prayed for the regeneration of a lost limb, or does God just say "no" to all amputees?
_________________________________________________________________________
Ooh ooh! Pick me! I know the answer!
It is because when God created the universe, He also created the laws of science, and God does not break His own laws.
So if it is a believer who prays for a new limb, God will most likely give him acceptance instead, and some new-found abilities that he never would have discovered had he been whole.
An example, if I may: Many years ago, I cut my hand. BADLY. I knew the second I did it that I would not be able to play guitar, maybe EVER. Of course, because I strive to accept God's will in all things, rather than pray that it WOULDN'T affect my guitar playing, I prayed like this: "Dear Lord, so many people never get to play guitar, and you have given ME the joy of playing for the past thirty years. Thank you. Now, if it's your will that I never play again, I ask you to show me what's next."
About a month later I was visiting friends and someone brought a Celtic harp. He let me play it, and when I discovered that I COULD play it, I went out and bought one. It was a year before the nerves in my hand healed enough to let me play guitar. I STILL have pain sometimes. But during that year off, I learned to PLAY that harp, and it has been one of the biggest joys of my life.
So, it has been MY experience that when He says, "No", it is because He has something else for us. It is up to us to recognize it, use it, and thank Him for it.

 

_____________

And this wouldn't have happened if you hadn't prayed? 

Originally Posted by Bill Gray:

Hi O,

 

All I can add to your post is:  AMEN!  AMEN!  AMEN!    Folks like our dear Friend, Crusty, spend their lives challenging God to "prove Himself" to them.  And, God merely smiles and tells them, "My child, I have done that over and over.   But, you need to open your spiritual eyes so that you can see.   You will never see until you remove the blindfold from your spiritual eyes and quit clamping them shut."

 

How true, the old saying, "There is none so blind as he who WILL NOT see!" 

 

And, O, you and I both know this describes our non-believing Friends such as Crusty -- to a tee.

 

God bless, have a wonderful, blessed day,

 

Bill

__________________

So, I'll ask once again, Bill.  You claim God cured your alleged cancer.  What does he have against amputees?  If there are any blind people in this forum, they stand in front of your mirror every morning.

Originally Posted by CrustyMac:
Originally Posted by O No!:
Originally Posted by CrustyMac:
Originally Posted by I am the Fireman:

God does not hear everyone's prayers. God only hears the prayers of saved believers and the only prayer He hears from non-believers is the prayer unto salvation.

..................blah, blah, blah..............
________________
So I ask you, Bill's alter ego, has there never been a saved believer who prayed for the regeneration of a lost limb, or does God just say "no" to all amputees?
_________________________________________________________________________
Ooh ooh! Pick me! I know the answer!
It is because when God created the universe, He also created the laws of science, and God does not break His own laws.
So if it is a believer who prays for a new limb, God will most likely give him acceptance instead, and some new-found abilities that he never would have discovered had he been whole.
An example, if I may: Many years ago, I cut my hand. BADLY. I knew the second I did it that I would not be able to play guitar, maybe EVER. Of course, because I strive to accept God's will in all things, rather than pray that it WOULDN'T affect my guitar playing, I prayed like this: "Dear Lord, so many people never get to play guitar, and you have given ME the joy of playing for the past thirty years. Thank you. Now, if it's your will that I never play again, I ask you to show me what's next."
About a month later I was visiting friends and someone brought a Celtic harp. He let me play it, and when I discovered that I COULD play it, I went out and bought one. It was a year before the nerves in my hand healed enough to let me play guitar. I STILL have pain sometimes. But during that year off, I learned to PLAY that harp, and it has been one of the biggest joys of my life.
So, it has been MY experience that when He says, "No", it is because He has something else for us. It is up to us to recognize it, use it, and thank Him for it.

 

_____________

And this wouldn't have happened if you hadn't prayed? 

__________________________________________________________________________

 

My point is that God does not break the laws of science that He created.

 

The example I posted was to illustrate that when He says no, it is because He has something else in mind for us. You see, I DIDN'T pray for the use of my hand, so He didn't say no. But if I HAD, He would probably have said no and shown me the joys of playing harp instead.

 

As it was, I just accepted His will and He showed me the harp anyway. And it was through playing harp that I met a wonderful family who greatly enriched my life. So, whether I prayed for one thing or another, He gave me what I NEEDED, not necessarily what I WANTED. And He did it all within the boundaries of the laws of science.

 

We must realise that God CANNOT do everything and anything. He must follow the rules too or He will cease to be God.  It takes FUEL--AIR---and SPARK to make a fire, God can't make a fire with one of these missing. It is the same for the LAWS of nature, God must follow them too! If He didn't, He would cease to be God.

 

Now as for looking for signs that God exists, ( or should I say, FOR FAITH), It will never happen that way because it is contrary to the LAWS that are in place!  First comes FAITH, then comes proof!  !!.  It will never be the other way around because you want it to be. You do not tell God how to run things, you are His child, He is the Daddy!!!!

 

      Cry, whine, deny, rant rave, it just don't matter!!

 

      For me, I KNOW that God lives!   I KNOW, Jesus LIVES. I KNOW there are 12 living Apostles and 1 living Prophet on this earth today!!!

   I KNOW Jesus RESTORED His ORIGINAL organization on this earth today with His power and authority. He did it through The PROPHET Joseph Smith.

 

   Now,  some will attack me for these statements and say I cannot know these things, but all of us can by following the epistle of James 1st chapter 5th and 6th verse.

 

      God don't lie!!!!!!  But you have to act on FAITH to do so!!

 

And to the Preacher in here that SAYS God wont answer the prayers of a non believer, Satan himself has taught you this lie!!   How do you think non believers become believers??????

 

    God is ALL of our DAD !  He is the ACTUAL, true and blue, honest to life DADDY of the real us! I'm talkin about the SPIRIT us that inhabbits this earthly physical body.  He sent us here on earth to gain that body and to be schooled so we can become Celestial beings in the end.

 

   I really don't care if you like what I have written or not, The Jews didn't like what Jesus said and they killed Him, but it didn't nullify the TRUTHS He taught.

 

   So, all you Claiming to be Christians that seem to think everyone else is wrong and you need to teach us correctly,  FIRST LEARN THE WORD, THEN GET THE REAL UNDERSTANDING OF IT FROM THE HOLY GHOST WITNESSING THE TRUTH OF IT TO YOU BEFORE YOU CONTINUE TEACHING UNTRUTHS ABOUT GOD AND HIS KINGDOM!!!  MY DAD DON'T LIE OR TEACH UNTRUTHS, NEITHER DOES YOURS SO YOU NEED TO HAVE HIM TEACH YOU THROUGH THE HOLY GHOST AND CEASE YOUR TEACHING TILL YOU RECIEVE IT AS IT REALLY IS!!!!

 

 

crowd_applause

Attachments

Photos (1)
Originally Posted by O No!:

My point is that God does not break the laws of science that He created.

 

The example I posted was to illustrate that when He says no, it is because He has something else in mind for us. You see, I DIDN'T pray for the use of my hand, so He didn't say no. But if I HAD, He would probably have said no and shown me the joys of playing harp instead.

 

As it was, I just accepted His will and He showed me the harp anyway. And it was through playing harp that I met a wonderful family who greatly enriched my life. So, whether I prayed for one thing or another, He gave me what I NEEDED, not necessarily what I WANTED. And He did it all within the boundaries of the laws of science.

 

___________________

My point is you would be in the exact same place, prayer or no prayer.  Except for some reason, you feel better about it.

Hi Dwight,

 

First, you made the statement, "And to the Preacher in here that SAYS God wont answer the prayers of a non believer, Satan himself has taught you this lie!!   How do you think non believers become believers??????"

 

Since you did not read my original post BEFORE you responded to what I wrote, I will give you my full statement once again:

 

Answered prayer is solid reason for faith -- and solid evidence that God is real.  And, it is proof that He answers the prayers of His children, Christian believers.  He does not answer prayers for non-believers -- for why should they be asking Him for anything?   They don't believe in Him. 

 

However, once they do sincerely pray the one prayer He will hear from them -- the prayer to receive Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior -- then, God hears and answers ALL their prayers.

 

Now, regarding the "god" you say that Mormons worship -- I would rather see folks worship the "gods" of the atheist than your "god."  At least the atheists do not attempt to make their "gods" appear to be the God of the Bible.  They are much more honest than the Mormons in this.

 

No, Dwight, the "god" of your church is NOT GOD.  He is a man who became so good, so exalted that Joseph Smith made him a god.  Our God is the preexisting deity who always was and will always be; who exists in spirit and who we worship in spirit ( John 4:24 ).    He has never, and will never, exist in a human body.

 

Jesus Christ, the second Person of the Trinity, the preexisting deity of John 1, did come to earth in human form to be the High PriestHebrews 2:17 ) for all Christian brethren, i.e., all believers.  He died on the cross, resurrected, and ascended into heaven -- in His glorified human body -- where He is now the one and only mediator between God (in spirit) and man.   Yes, Jesus Christ still is in His glorified human body -- and, one day, all Christian believers will have a glorified body just like His ( 1 John 3:2 ).

 

But, God the Father is spirit and is to be worship in spirit ( John 4:24 ).

 

So, nothing about your Mormon church is Christian.  You worship a false god, you worship a false Jesus Christ -- your church is a cult church.  That is the sweet and simple truth -- no getting around it.   One day, I pray you will leave that cult environment and find salvation in the real Jesus Christ. 

 

God bless, have a wonderful, blessed day,

 

Bill

I already answered you, Crusty. Unfortunately, I also posted something from my own experience that illustrated why He sometimes says no, and you thought they were both answers to the same question. I should have made sererate posts.

 

So, once again: God does not break the laws of science that He created. THAT is why no one gets a new limb.

 

The part about my hand injury leading to playing harp was more to address Semi and B's posts about why He doesn't always give us what we pray for.

 

But I can see where both answers actually DO address your question. I would be willing to bet that if a true Christian DID pray that his limb grow back, God, in saying no, would show him something new that he never would have found/learned, had he still had all of his limbs. Would they have found it anyway, even if they didn't pray? Maybe. Or maybe they would have drowned in bitterness at having lost that limb.

 

All I DO know is that, as a Christian, *I* strive to always do His will, and to ACCEPT his will for me, because I trust Him. And He has made my life so GOOD!

Does He? I have no idea.

 

COULD He? Without a doubt.

 

As I have said before, I don't have the mind of God. If I did, *I* would be a god, and since there is only one, I can comfortably say that I am not Him. But if a person's body can be healed within the laws of science, then certainly, God might make it happen, if it is His will.

God doesn't seem to be interested in curing diseases or watching over all the children, but let some little old lady "pray" that her car will start, it does, and she will tell anyone that will listen that god answered her prayers. I just read a story of a couple that locked up their child and was starving her. She was eating her own skin when they found her. Oh well, at least the little old lady's car started.

Originally Posted by O No!:

Does He? I have no idea.

 

COULD He? Without a doubt.

 

As I have said before, I don't have the mind of God. If I did, *I* would be a god, and since there is only one, I can comfortably say that I am not Him. But if a person's body can be healed within the laws of science, then certainly, God might make it happen, if it is His will.

____________

So, the creator of the laws of science is unable to alter those laws?

 

ONo, I'm glad you are happy in your faith.  It is very much one of unquestioned, blind faith - with the emphasis on "unquestioned", and "blind". 

Crusty, please, don't YOU start intentionally misunderstanding too. I said God DOES not break the laws He created, not that He CAN'T. God COULD work outside of the laws of science. He can do ANYTHING, because He is God. But He set up the laws of science and usually works within those laws.

 

But He doesn't ALWAYS. The greatest miracle, for example, was the resurrection of my Lord Jesus. God can perform miracles - things outside the laws of science. But when He does, it is for reasons of His own choosing, and not having the mind of God, I couldn't tell you the whats and the whys.

Oh, and Crusty, my faith is neither unquestioned nor blind. I could turn right around and say to you that from MY view, your LACK of faith is due to YOUR blindness, but that would get us nowhere. Suffice it to say, you have your beliefs, I have mine, and to each of us, our reasons are sound.

People with severe ailments and physical abnormalities or things missing also are either Christians or not.  There is the blind, that am****ted limbs and all other diseases ( I have one myself that is incurable or as of now has no earthly cure, it's called Crohn's disease).  Those with those problems often blame God, get angry and are hateful toward God and everything else.  Others say their ailment is a blessing because it caused them to look, and find,  for more than just what's on this earth.  I'm not bitter at God for my disease and just because there is no known cause or cure doesn't make me blame God for it.  It happened.  As a person with a potential life threatening disease, as people have died from it and do each day, I look at it as a physical earthly abnormality.  It also helps me realize that there are earthly things and heavenly things.  I know that my problems are physical ones and that there is something on the other side of the physical.  I know that my eternity is not a physical one or not at least with this particular physical body.  My eternity is a spiritual one.  Whether my spirit will again find a physical body I do not know.  I feel I will one day inherit a glorified body for that is what scriptures say. 

 

Look at Helen Keller and all her deficiencies yet through it all she found and believed in God and did not blame God but praised him.  How did God work through her?  God often can work through abnormalities and problems people have to show that there is more than just what's here and now.  I truly believe God can do anything.  Salvation, healing, answer to prayers, or the Holy Spirit all do not conform to the laws of nature.  Just because a person does not get the particular answer from God doesn't mean God fails.  Helen Keller could have blamed God but didn't.  She continued to grow closer to God and saw.  She saw and had spiritual sight with spiritual eyes and she was able to see something that many with eyes never see.  She saw the Grace of God, and I fully believe she saw and knew the Gift of God.  She also saw that what was on this earth is not the end and not the most important thing in life.  She actually saw much more than many with eyes will ever see.

Originally Posted by O No!:

Oh, and Crusty, my faith is neither unquestioned nor blind. I could turn right around and say to you that from MY view, your LACK of faith is due to YOUR blindness, but that would get us nowhere. Suffice it to say, you have your beliefs, I have mine, and to each of us, our reasons are sound.

_____________

Who says I lack faith?

Ah yes, Helen Keller. Truly a wonderful god love story. Eighteen month old normal child that god decided he could use by making her so ill she became unable to hear, speak, or see. Yep, your god is so good. So what will the child whose parents starved her to the point she had basically start eating herself offer to the world? That having food you don't like is way much better than having none? It's pathetic to read these horror stories and then have christians come along and try to pull a god miracle out of them.

Originally Posted by CrustyMac:
Originally Posted by O No!:

Oh, and Crusty, my faith is neither unquestioned nor blind. I could turn right around and say to you that from MY view, your LACK of faith is due to YOUR blindness, but that would get us nowhere. Suffice it to say, you have your beliefs, I have mine, and to each of us, our reasons are sound.

_____________

Who says I lack faith?

___________________________________________________________________________

Well, Crusty, from your remarks, it certainly doesn't SEEM that you have faith in prayer. It doesn't seem that whatever it is you DO have faith in could be even close to the God that *I* have faith in, if you can tell me I am unquestioningly and blindly accepting Him.

 

You MAY be one who believes in some sort of "higher power". But that is NOT the same as the Faith in Jesus that I have.

 

So, let me amend my statement: MY faith is neither unquestioned nor blind. I could turn right around and say to you that your lack of faith in JESUS, is due to your blindness.

 

But as I said, that will get us nowhere. Whatever it is you believe in, you are welcome to it.

 

Add Reply

Likes (0)
Post

×
×
×
×