So when is the big Top Ten stories of 2006 coming out?

    Anyone care to suggest a few for the editors?
  • Veteran's Park still Veteran's Park
  • Vote 'em All Out (again) Planned for next election
  • Stories We Didn't Cover (too many to mention)
Original Post
mnketrke09 (now, how am I supposed to shorten that? Smiler )...that's a great idea. I agree. Something inspiring would be great. Don't tell anybody (might be ripped to shreds in football country), but my favorite part of a football game is half-time. I love to watch the bands.
Smiler and if timesdaily does write about the bands it should go to every high school band around here..and not just focus on one single school. I think this was the best year for all those half-time shows. You guys should all check out a band competition. Now thats amazing! Smiler
1. With Wayne County, Tn. being so close and so many of the people shopping here in the shoals.
2. The shoals being called The Tn. Valley.
and a lot of other reasion.
3. the wayne co. paper only prints what it wants and how it or who ever is in controll, see the sitution.
I think that the times daily should cover more of what goes there.
One example is The Wayne Co. Nursing Home is now and has been for near 2 years under great management that cares for hte people and does good by them. uses the profits to up-grade the place. the former manager still come's in as if he owns the place and, has his sniches placed that he can still know what is going on and try to put down any good from the now management.
The Wayne Co. Paper will not print any of the facts concerning this.
Just as little towns with speed traps and little towns that if you do not know the right person you might wind up in jail over a parking ticket. this is just not right, something need to be done, they need to be exposed.
CAN YOU THE TIMES DAILY "HELP"
thanks
quote:
Originally posted by imho:
So when is the big Top Ten stories of 2006 coming out?

    Anyone care to suggest a few for the editors?
  • Veteran's Park still Veteran's Park
  • Vote 'em All Out (again) Planned for next election
  • Stories We Didn't Cover (too many to mention)



LOL!!! Good ones, for sure!!!
quote:
Originally posted by mnketrke09:
timesdaily should cover schools that surprised everyone..such as brooks fottball..or area high school bands or just something to make people happy..not sad news please Smiler


mnketrke09, MOST of the news is not good news, they SHOULD have to write the good with the bad... THE BAD thing is they write such LITTLE of LOCAL stuff, that it is unreal... always said that I wished someone LOCAL could take it over and actually MAKE it a local paper... sad that we know more about what goes on in "such-and-such" state, than we do in our own town.

But just printing good news is unrealistic, at best...
quote:
Originally posted by rogerrisner:
1. With Wayne County, Tn. being so close and so many of the people shopping here in the shoals.
2. The shoals being called The Tn. Valley.
and a lot of other reasion.
3. the wayne co. paper only prints what it wants and how it or who ever is in controll, see the sitution.
I think that the times daily should cover more of what goes there.
One example is The Wayne Co. Nursing Home is now and has been for near 2 years under great management that cares for hte people and does good by them. uses the profits to up-grade the place. the former manager still come's in as if he owns the place and, has his sniches placed that he can still know what is going on and try to put down any good from the now management.
The Wayne Co. Paper will not print any of the facts concerning this.
Just as little towns with speed traps and little towns that if you do not know the right person you might wind up in jail over a parking ticket. this is just not right, something need to be done, they need to be exposed.
CAN YOU THE TIMES DAILY "HELP"
thanks


Roger, babysteps, that is what we need here, babysteps... one step at a time. First (OFFICE IN FLORENCE) the TD needs to learn that more people WANT more local news... then we can sort of spread out to the surrounding counties...

How can we get them to print about Waynesboro, which is probably 40-50 miles away, when it wont even report on something right under the noses of everyone.

Babysteps... one step at a time... babysteps.... babysteps.... *sigh*
yes,
i have never been one for baby steps or patience, i either fly or sleep.
but yes, thank you.
i guess it is just that i believe that the paper should be netural when it comes to the truth and print both sides of things.
and another thing, 'good news, not all about drugs and who was caught speeding".
yours trully
rlr
quote:
Originally posted by rogerrisner:
yes,
i have never been one for baby steps or patience, i either fly or sleep.
but yes, thank you.
i guess it is just that i believe that the paper should be netural when it comes to the truth and print both sides of things.
and another thing, 'good news, not all about drugs and who was caught speeding".
yours trully
rlr


Roger, I wish you well, and I am like you... TRUTH, LOCAL TRUTH is what we want, what we need out of a Newspaper. Nothing wrong with having a State/USA section, but the FRONT PAGE SECTION should ALL BE LOCAL things, inclusing Wayne County, Lawrence County, as well as the Counties it already half-way reports on...
Forum Users:

Do not post your personal information - name, phone number, address, or email address - on these forums. When you post on the forums you accept the member agreement which specifies this as prohibited. Thank you .

AM
The agreement specifically states "Users agree to not post anyone’s personal information (i.e. e-mail address, street address, telephone number, etc.)"

It says nothing about posting one's own "personal" information. It neither says anything about posting one's own "private" information.

Though poorly written, it is inferring the referencing the posting of another person's "personal" infomation. It is not referring, and cannot refer to information which is publicly available.

Please, for the sake of clarity, differentiate between "private" (in the sense of not published) versus "personal" (which is the language the TD uses, and which is not private).

Then, put it in the User Agreement.

Of course, "personal" information could refer to shoe size, or dress size too!

And, in the Internet Age, what is private?

A telephone directory is certainly not private. It never has been, and never will be.

Telephone directory information (name, street address, telephone number) is readily available online too!

Add Reply

Likes (0)

×
×
×
×